As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Penny Arcade - Comic - Recognizance

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited June 2020 in The Penny Arcade Hub

imagePenny Arcade - Comic - Recognizance

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• OctoberRavenOctoberRaven Plays fighting games for the story Skyeline Hotel Apartment 4ARegistered User regular
    And thus Tycho found the inspiration for another Hard Load book.

Currently Most Hype For: VTMB2, Tiny Tina's Wonderlands, Alan Wake 2 (Wake Harder)Currently Playin: Guilty Gear XX AC+R, Gat Out Of Hell
  • Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    Ok, I'm going to assume that's hypothetical, right? I mean... right?

But I'd have to say neither, because fighting a horse-sized duck is too terrifying to even contemplate.

And duck-sized horses? How could you fight them? They're too adorable. Can you imagine a bunch of them, all trying to eat one apple? Oh my god. Too cute.

H9f4bVe.png
  • Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    I appreciate them calling that thing "one of those Tron things" :)

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    I appreciate them calling that thing "one of those Tron things" :)

"Recognibers."

H9f4bVe.png
  • V1mV1m Registered User regular
    Golden Yak wrote: »

But I'd have to say neither, because fighting a horse-sized duck is too terrifying to even contemplate.

And duck-sized horses? How could you fight them? They're too adorable. Can you imagine a bunch of them, all trying to eat one apple? Oh my god. Too cute.

Indeed, we kinda already know what "horse-sized ducks" look like.

• DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    V1m wrote: »
    Golden Yak wrote: »

We call those Utahraptors. They were pretty scary.

Steam ID: Right here.
  • LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    The Tron thing doesn't seem to care about the number of users on the grid, so I guess that's a win... right?

• H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited June 2020
    I notice he's using the Tron Legacy style outfits even though the comic references villains from the original. The Legacy blacks are definitely better looking than the old grey outfits, imho.

Edit: but really I'm just trying to get the forums to recognize I've seen this thread already.

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    It would be more authentic for the Recognizer to spend 5 minutes talking about themselves before getting to the silly question. Oh, and a line of frustrated programs waiting for their turn.

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    edited June 2020
    H3Knuckles wrote: »
    I notice he's using the Tron Legacy style outfits even though the comic references villains from the original. The Legacy blacks are definitely better looking than the old grey outfits, imho.

Edit: but really I'm just trying to get the forums to recognize I've seen this thread already.

But the MCP was a more fun boss fight than Rinzler.

(my only exposure to Tron has been via Kingdom Hearts)

Enlong on
  • dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular
    That tron thing was waiting at the mic for a while before they recognized it.

• MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    They kept getting bumped by by integer pairing proposals.

• walterwwalterw Registered User new member
    wandered in here to say this, every time i hear that "conundrum" my response is "you're kidding, right?"
    Drascin wrote: »
    don't even need to reach back that far!

they're called "ostriches" and you don't want none of that

• RatherDashing89RatherDashing89 Registered User regular
    So are we gonna get the comment or are they really just gonna leave us hanging?

• TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    walterw wrote: »
    wandered in here to say this, every time i hear that "conundrum" my response is "you're kidding, right?"

We're just lucky shoebills aren't horse sized.

steam_sig.png
  • Anon von ZilchAnon von Zilch Registered User regular
    Everyone always focuses on which battle is more difficult, rather than which is more rewarding. If you fight the duck and defeat it, maybe you can tame or just befriend it and then you essentially have a chocobo.

• baudattitudebaudattitude Registered User regular
    Being of an age where the original Tron was one of the more memorable cinematic experiences of my formative years, I am embarrassed by how long it took me to realize that the thing in the first panel was the digitization laser and that Gabe was literally about to be broken down and transmitted to the grid.

• V1mV1m Registered User regular
    walterw wrote: »

I was going to go with Phorusracids because when you're called a "Terror Bird" then I think the 100 duck size horse choice is pretty much nailed on.

• dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular
    I do wonder where Gabe went in panel 3.

• H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited June 2020
    There's been a mix-up with the upload for Friday's (6/19) comic so it is currently displaying on the page for Wednesday's (6/17) on the main site. Curiously, on the forums this comment thread still displays the correct strip.

Edit: Ah cool, it's fixed now.

Edit 2: now the forum thread's copy of the comic image isn't loading, but that might just be on my end.

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • DjiemDjiem Registered User regular
    dennis wrote: »
    I do wonder where Gabe went in panel 3.

He ran because he got scared. Either of the Tron thing, or at the idea of the comment.