As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Maybe the [NFL] isn't so bad...

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Former receiver Reche Caldwell was shot and killed outside his home in an attempted robbery Saturday night. He was 41

• Options

Many options like
    1) Move it to the sea
    2) Catapult it into the sun

• Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular

Many options like
    1) Move it to the sea

I believe that part of the deal to sell the team was that the statue has to stay up.

This sounds like a great loophole to take it down anyway. Tepper doesn't give a fuck and I love it.

• Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    SirToasty wrote: »

Many options like
    1) Move it to the sea

I believe that part of the deal to sell the team was that the statue has to stay up.

This sounds like a great loophole to take it down anyway. Tepper doesn't give a fuck and I love it.

We may be giving the new ownership too much benefit of the doubt, but yeah that announcement sure reads like a polite excuse to me.

If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    H3Knuckles wrote: »
    SirToasty wrote: »

Many options like
    1) Move it to the sea

We may be giving the new ownership too much benefit of the doubt, but yeah that announcement sure reads like a polite excuse to me.

I don't think they necessarily care themselves, but I think they're good at... reading the room, as it were.

• Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited June 2020
    I'm sure their motivations are some combination of PR and just not wanting someone else's statue in front of their stadium, rather than any kind of moral views.

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    mcpmcp Registered User regular
    Pat Mahomes, Tyrann Mathieu, and Andy Reid spoke supporting black lives matters so that was cool to hear

Pat and Tyrann are putting together a group to register folks to vote in KC and that's awesome too

• Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    I'm sure their motivations are some combination of PR and just not wanting someone else's statue in front of their stadium, rather than any kind of moral views.

To me it's really easy math.

You leave it up, and you risk people throwing it in your face when you try to show solidarity.

You take the excuse to take it down, and maybe ol' JR comes back wanting to enforce the contract, but even if he does, if he wins he's the villain and it'll probably get rekt, and if he loses, well, that could fuck him out of whatever else he has yet to receive from the deal.

There's literally no reason not to take it down. The worst case scenario is basically the public doesn't give a shit.

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    Replace it with a statue of Steve Smith. Lil plaque "Ice up, son."

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Tox wrote: »

You leave it up, and you risk people throwing it in your face when you try to show solidarity.

You take the excuse to take it down, and maybe ol' JR comes back wanting to enforce the contract, but even if he does, if he wins he's the villain and it'll probably get rekt, and if he loses, well, that could fuck him out of whatever else he has yet to receive from the deal.

There's literally no reason not to take it down. The worst case scenario is basically the public doesn't give a shit.

It's now being reported that it's gone for good. Richardson didn't want to pursue a lawsuit.

SirToasty on
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29302883/nfl-recognize-juneteenth-company-holiday

Goodell eating pounds of crow is something you love to see

• Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    Tox wrote: »

It panned out this time but don't always expect logic to win out in the culture war. Somehow the Republican position on these confederate statues is both "they are to honor southern heroes" and "they were all racist Democrats" simultaneously.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options

Zeke's one of the players that got it, per Rapoport

• Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    2020 continuing to deliver soap opera level writing.

Christ

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    Drag 'em all into the light

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    Someone on that 09 super bowl team (Sean Payton most likely) made a deal with the devil and he's been collecting over the last decade for the stupid shit

• Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    “...creation of the Pedophile List.”

Welp that’s a thing that was written about a sports franchise time to drink some more and lunch myself in the face

• Options
    mcpmcp Registered User regular
    “...creation of the Pedophile List.”

Welp that’s a thing that was written about a sports franchise time to drink some more and lunch myself in the face
    Lunch should always go in your face imo

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    I kinda love those dumb space helmets.

• Options
    DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    Players would complain with those helmets they can't express their individuality.

• Options
    Dirtyboy wrote: »
    Players would complain with those helmets they can't express their individuality.

They kinda already have that problem and it's kinda by design. The NFL really doesn't like to market it's players as individuals.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    The future is here!!

• Options
    How do you lunch your face in that

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    edited June 2020
    nothing but soup for lunch in 2020

Maximum on
  • Options
    DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    edited June 2020
    Jets' safety Jamal Adams requested trade.

Dirtyboy on
  • Options
    Why are the Cowboys and Texans on that list

• Options
    Yeah I'd love to know how that list got formulated.

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Teams a player should want to play for in order:
    Chiefs
    Ravens
    Pats

That’s it that’s the list

Captain Inertia on
  • Options
    Teams nobody should want to play for in order:
    Lake Erie adjacent team (Browns, Lions, Bills and we’ll include Bengals)
    Washington
    Bill O brien
    Ben Roethlisberger
    “Pedophile List”

Everyone else is neutral

• Options
    Probably has something to do with him being on the Jets and he wants to sniff a post season game. All of those teams except the Cowboys made the playoffs last year.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    MulletudeMulletude Registered User regular
    He's from Texas. Would make sense to play closer to home if he can't get on an immediate SB contender.

XBL-Dug Danger WiiU-DugDanger Steam-http://steamcommunity.com/id/DugDanger/
  • Options
    edited June 2020

His home and family are in Texas. Born there, raised there; college and the Jets were the only times he left

At this point if you're risking your health if games get played just by being near the vicinity, you at least shouldn't have to worry about the health of your family from afar while doing it. Another reason the season should probably not happen! Don't be away from your family and risk your health or theirs for a sport

Sweeney Tom on
  • Options
    We make fun of O'Brien and with good reason but the Texans have a great quarterback and play in a weak division so they not a bad team to look at if you want to make the playoffs.

• Options
    MvrckMvrck Dwarven MountainhomeRegistered User regular
    Also don't forget the fact that professional athletes by nature have a huge ego. It's not that hard to believe a guy is looking at a team and being "Man if they just had me playing at X position, they could go the distance."

• Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular

His home and family are in Texas. Born there, raised there; college and the Jets were the only times he left

At this point if you're risking your health if games get played just by being near the vicinity, you at least shouldn't have to worry about the health of your family from afar while doing it. Another reason the season should probably not happen! Don't be away from your family and risk your health or theirs for a sport

Also no state income tax in Texas, as a nice side bonus. Doesn't apply to most of the list, but it's a point in favor of those two.

• Options
    edited June 2020
    Butters wrote: »
    We make fun of O'Brien and with good reason but the Texans have a great quarterback and play in a weak division so they not a bad team to look at if you want to make the playoffs.

But if you’re good he’ll trade you for peanuts scratch that, the Titans and probably RiversColts will stomp the shit out of Houston

Captain Inertia on
This discussion has been closed.