As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Throw Santa in the Maw for Secret Shamblers [SE++ WoW]

Lord DaveLord Dave Grief CauserBitch Free ZoneRegistered User regular
edited December 2020 in Social Entropy++
e893mucod55t.jpg

HELLO WE ARE HORDE on Cho'gall!
<Shambler Milk> is the place to come if you'd like to murder Alliance wieners with SE++ers.

Instructions for joining:

1) Create a character on Cho'gall
2) /who Shambler Milk
3) Ask someone for a guild invite
4) Friends and family are welcome

Get an Authenticator you damn weiners
1161028694_Js7bb-L.jpg

Required Mods:

MilkGlass!

...that's it.

Oh, and this one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaHbkEXd5sc&amp;feature=player_embedded

And seriously, get BigWigs or DBM, Jesus Christ

Raid Schedule:

Tuesday Tuesday Tuesday (and Thursday)
All weekday raids remain at 8PM server/9PM EST/6PM PDT
(6PM server weekends)

Suggested Reading:

How to not be that guy in groups. Don't be that guy.

WoW Terminology. If you find yourself confused by the language of WoW, this is a good place to start.
How to Shamble in the Clysm

You like raids, yes? Well we got raids. Here are a few things that you need to do if you want to Shamble Raid.
  1. Download and install MilkGlass!
  2. Download and install Ventrilo. You don't need to have a mic, but you do need to be able to, and know how to listen.
  3. Download an up to date version of Deadly Boss Mods.
  4. Know your class. The Elitist Jerks Forums generally have good information for every class, so give some of their information a read through. You can also ask in guild and people will try to help.
  5. Have your gear properly gemmed and enchanted. Yes this costs gold. Tough shit, do it anyway. Don't be a Moopac.
  6. Be able to pay attention and think/act/react on your own.
  7. Have (at least) a rudimentary knowledge of the encounters in which you are about to partake.
Hey dudes I made a little UI guide thing for you bros that keep asking to help with yours. Uis are pretty personal things, no two Uis will be the same but I kinda want this to be like a starting point for you bros to get your Uis going.
Addons I use.

Bagnon
Button Facade
Chatter
Classtimer
Clique
Docsdebugrunes
Dominos
Doom Cooldown Pulse
Elkanos buff bars
Grid
Miks scrolling battle text
Obituary
Omen3
OmniCC
Quartz
Recount
SexyMap
SLData text
Tidy Plates
Tidy Plates: Threat plates
Tooltip on mouse
Xperl
DBM

Addons you better use if you're not a Feeg

Milkglass (its for cools)

Thats a good number off Addons I suppose, if you don't feel comfortable using all those at the same time or don't think you need to uses some of them thats fine. Start slow, Changing your entire UI in a day can take some getting used to so if you just want to ease yourself in then by all means be a babbie.

HOW I MINE FOR ADDON?!?!

Here I'll tell you how I set up my various Addons just as kind of a reference, If you don't like the way I Set my stuff you can change it to your liking or send a complaint to mirren. I'll also put picture I guess.

Bagnon: just Set it and forget it. It also lets you see whats in the bags of all your characters just by selecting the little portrait of yourself in the corner and switching to another toon.
Untitled.png

Button Facade: Add a border to your buttons. Make it so you do have a border. Do what ever you feel is right with your bars. No real set up need, just find the button facade menu in your addons panel and choose which on you want
border.png
bfACE.png

ClassTimer: I love classtimer, not only does it show any buff or debuff you want on your target, it also does the same for you, your pet, and your focus! I set mine to be just above my bars, and make them stack up in stead of down. To add buffs or debuffs to tracking just go into timers-->extra--> then add the spell you want.
classt.png

Clique: lets you easily bind stuff to keys or key combos or mouse buttons or key and mouse button combos. The possibilities are endless! Setting your binds is straight forward and clique even has a little tutorial.

Docsdebugrunes: awesome for Dks compact addon that tell you all you need to know bout DK stuff like rune cooldowns duration of the infusion buff on your ghoul, size of the next blood shield if you choose to deathstrike after a hit. Its awesome

Dominos: I love dominos, perhaps my favorite addon, you can do pretty much anything you can think of with your bars and its easy to use.
Here is my set up You might not like they way I have my bars set but this is just an example.

Action Bar 1
Size: 12
Column: 6
Spacing: 13
Padding: 3
Scale: 122

Action Bar 2
Same as above

Action Bar 3
Size: 6
Columns: 6
Spacing: 30
Padding: 1
Scale: 77

Action Bar 4
Same as 3

Bar: 5
Size: 12
Columns: 12
Spacing:4
Padding: 2
Scale:86

Bars 6-10 are unused for but you can do with them what you will
dominos.jpg
These are numbers are scaled to my monitor so they might be a little different then what you desire but you can fiddle with them till they are right.

Elkanos Buff Bars: My preferred replacement for the blizzard buff icon. Pretty straightforward set up. Just drag it yo where ever you desire, you can add or remove buffs that you want to track through the options menu
ebb.png

Grid: Grid is awesome, I use it as a party/raid frames replacement but its also invaluable for telling who has aggro, who's dying, Who's dead, incoming heals, who has what debuff and a bunch of other junk. Setting up grid is an adventure in and of itself but thats more for healers and I assume they already know what to do. The base version of Grid works just fine as a party/raidframe. Set up can be a bit daunting just because of the sheer number of menus and sub menus but its pretty simple to set up once you get past them.
grfi.png

Omen3: Aggro meter. Useful for tanks and DPS who don't want to pull aggro and die like chumps (Revash). Pretty much set and forget unless you want to tweak the visuals. I personally have it set to transparent along with recount.

Recount: Dps meter to show how bad you are, why are you so bad, do 2k more dps.
rec.png

SexyMap: Map mod lets you put all kinds of pretty borders and shit around your map. Also allows you to move it away from the top corner postion. I use the simple square preset because I don't like a lot of bullshit around my map. Maps are serious goddamn business and anyone who tells you otherwise is a communist sympathizer
map.png

SLData Text: This is a replacement for the regular menu bar, the one that shows your latency and all that other junk you hardly ever look at. To get to the config for this you have to type /sldt.
sldt.png
Tidy Plates and Tidy Plates: Threat Plates: the semicoloning pt 2 race to shoe mountain: Name plate mod that rules. They aren't as useless as the blizzard ones. They show who has aggro on what how much aggro, cast bars and other life saving tips.

ToolTip on mouse: it puts the tool tips on your cursor.

Deadly boss mods: Derp

Xperl: A UnitFrame mod that lets you change and move all the unit frames ever. I have mine set to not show party or raid frames because I use Grid for that. To navigate to the config menu just type /xperl and away you go.
xdr.png

Once you set up all your addons and stuff you might have a cool UI like this or a horrible abomination, Who knows?
WoWScrnShot_010511_155544.jpg

If I missed something let me know, or if you need help or something.

Guild Roster

The Officers:

Lord Dave - Mirren - Mage - Queen of the Guild
EclipsedPlanet - Montina - Paladin - Consort
Ranlin - Alendra - Druid - Weh Wemh
Radius - Kyira - Rogue - Hates you
Metacortex - Nobarg - Warrior - Grabby
Javen - Javen - Rogue
Lock Robster! - Eits - Druid
Rhylith - Rhylith - Shaman
Ruer - Mintaka - Warrior
Dely Apple - Pipette - Hunter - 106.3, Radio KDLY
Bogey - ******** - Paladin

Master of Feegs:
Nikolai - Higgins - Butt

The Plebeians:

BEAVOTRON - In the roster
Dys - Dystopian - Shaman
captaink - Knut - Shaman
Balefuego - Baledar - Shaman
Opalcat - Pittpolecat - Warlock
SA - Revash - Warlock
Bucketman - Skragg - Warrior
Belruel - Belruen - Priest
Laurrie - Aladorn - Death Knight
Gatsby - Jerne - Hunter
Naphtali - Naphtali - Priest
Mitten - Cless - Priest
GRMike - Borrock - Paladin
Sarukun - Kerokoa - Druid
Bytoady - Toadles - Warrior
The Geebs that is a Mod - Vonne - Priest
Slow - Nsfw - Rogue
Langly - Cuthburt - Paladin
Animal Companion - Xenomortis - Rogue
Cilla Black - Urdahlia - Priest
Zucchini - Zucchini - Druid
Blankspace - Blankasaurus - Hunter
Manifest - Manif - Paladin
Callius - Callius - Paladin
Wubblewoo - Wubblewoo - Paladin
Ranx - Vamrithis - Priest
Shabooty - Ooty - Druid
Aphostile - Ephostile - Druid
Tsplitter - Rasmius - Warrior
Swill - Swills - Paladin
Deaconblues - Normanus - Priest
Shadowthomas - Xangia - Paladin
Scosglen - Barnago - Warlock
End - Zaraleiriria - Warlock
Uriel - Rotshank - Rogue
Yukira - Leliana - Paladin

The Babbies:

That Dave Fella - Dafella - Shaman
Vargas Prime - Vhargas - Paladin
Fearghaill - Euryale - Warlock
Andrew Ryan - Dryan - Death Knight
The Stig - Ursine - Druid
Stale - Stizz - Warrior
Asmodei - Fahren - Warlock
Baywatch - Crossbuster - Rogue
Professor Snugglesworth - Jordinand - Druid
Quoth - Lydda - Hunter
SabreMau - Charvanek - Paladin
SLyM - Davl - Druid
Munkus Beaver - Munkus - Druid
I Win Swordfights! - Korovan - Paladin
??? - Snrub - Druid
Sara Lynn - Odella - Rogue
joshua1numbers - Trollishness - Druid
Isoldae - Isomon - Warlock
Modedieu: 70's Shaman

Along with all the friends and families of Shamblers.

MISSING:

Derrick - ??? - ???

Shamblers of Yore:

Meissnerd - Stop healing him
makershot - Rubenesque - Shaman
Drool - Remmos - Baby with a beard
WhiskeyBiznass - Gwency - Rogue
Omegasquash - Omegasquash - Paladin
Fallout - TOMCRUISE - DK
Frylockholmes - Valikriss - Warrior
Aburnflags - Vilmon - Paladin
Preachermeat - Krythlynn - Paladin
Joah - Chatturgha - Shaman
Linksville - Franksville - Druid
Kusuguttai - Kusu - Warlock
futility - Shekhina - Hunter
SkankPlaya - Vaklempt - Warlock
Fandyien - Fandyien - Priest
World as Myth - Yosephine - Rogue
Captain Cthulu - Naporeon - Paladin
Neville - Nevga - DK
SithDrummer - Arkjin - Hunter
Hoodie - Avataar - Hunter
Aslan - Pysek - Mage
Owenashi - Kaziel - Warrior
Backwards - Sdraw - Mage
Centipede - Ravkaras - warlock
Roahgnar - Anjin-San - Warrior
Jes is a - jessaissa - Mage

If you aren't on the list it's because I don't like you / haven't updated the list since ~2009

Are you new? Check some of this stuff out so you won't be awful.
Curse Gaming: World of Warcraft mod depository. If it's a WoW mod it's probably here.

Wowhead: The best database for WoW hands-down.

MMO-Champion: The go-to site for patch and PTR news.

WoW Insider: The Kotaku of WoW. Slower news than everyone else, and a lot of crappy articles, but occasionally a rare gem.

Elitist Jerks Forums: Wondering whether haste or crit is better for you? EJ has had their results on that published in scientific journals.

Pet Collectors: Compendium for vanity pets. What pets exist, and how to get them.

Pettopia: Compendium for hunter pets. What pets exist, and how to get them

Mount Up!: Compendium for mounts. What riding pets exist and how to get them.

Wow Wiki: The largest known database of WoW lore outside of Owenashi geocities page.

Goodbye Northrend, we will miss your icy mountains majesty above the zombied plains
I totally updated the thread, prove I didn’t, eat a butt complainers!

mkc.png
Lord Dave on

• PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    I LIKE THE MOON

• NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    World of Warcraft: Moon's Haunted

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    Did yall see that you can know skip right to Mythic Jaina in BoD? PRetty much a 15-20 minute run for mounts. If you have geared alts, you can do it twice per week.

You know, just throwing it out there.

• XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    edited June 2020
    Warlock = Necrolord
    Shaman = Night Fae
    Monk = Kyrian
    Death Knight = Venthyr

anyone else made their choices yet?

Xehalus on
  • Coconut MonkeyCoconut Monkey Registered User regular
    Kai_San wrote: »
    Did yall see that you can know skip right to Mythic Jaina in BoD? PRetty much a 15-20 minute run for mounts. If you have geared alts, you can do it twice per week.

You know, just throwing it out there.

++
    Jaina's pretty easy, you can take it nice and sloooooooow due to all the power gains (wipes take forever though).

If you have a bunch of well geared players you can also just Zerg he down in the blizzard.

The PvP rating is done, thanks to Ohso. Now I will PvE grind conquest cap for 3 weeks as a degenerate prot, and finally obtain CnS r3.

P.S. ret pvp is terrible.

• ZenyatooZenyatoo Registered User regular
    The PvP rating is done, thanks to Ohso. Now I will PvE grind conquest cap for 3 weeks as a degenerate prot, and finally obtain CnS r3.

if you ever do epic BG's as part of that degenerate prot pvp grind, put luminescence on. Sometimes itll do nothing, other times it will literally carry the game. Good talent, very fair.

• SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    I still need to grind out some HK for that one crit essence. Ugh.

steam_sig.png
  • ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular

i think you need to win a game in the bracket you want each week to keep getting that tier of rewards

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
    I've read that it doesn't matter for CnS R3, I can just PvE conquest cap. I don't need the PvP chest items anywho.

Cleansing_Corrupted_Gear.jpg

• T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
    https://www.wowhead.com/news=316488/five-consecutive-weeks-of-timewalking-starting-june-23rd-50-bonus-reputation-wit

Five weeks of time walking going from BC -> WoD week by week, 50% rep bonus for appropriate factions during those time walking weeks, and the rep bonus will come back in future regular time walking events

https://www.wowhead.com/news=316519/shadowlands-legendaries-possible-runeforged-powers-from-datamining

most of these are just old effects being brought back, but y'know: if they're fun, they're fun

plus being able to just have some control over them makes them a million times better than legion

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
    I’m good with old shit returning.

They need to hurry up and get these and soulbinds into testing though

edited June 2020
    I never got to play BDK between when I originally quit Cata and the release of BfA, so those potential BDK legendary effects look pretty awesome.

Coconut Monkey on
  • DysDys how am I even using this gun Registered User regular
    If they are really opening up torghast effects to be possible legendaries, I wonder if the "permanent fire elemental" on is going to be on the table...

• The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    Dys wrote: »
    If they are really opening up torghast effects to be possible legendaries, I wonder if the "permanent fire elemental" on is going to be on the table...

That would make me play shaman again

That and bring back the multistrike stat blizz plz

icGJy2C.png
    the superstrain one seems like it'd be absolutely nutty for unholy, and some of the fire effects seem really fun

i hope they let us equip multiple legendaries sooner than later, because i want them all

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    Zay wrote: »
    the superstrain one seems like it'd be absolutely nutty for unholy, and some of the fire effects seem really fun

i hope they let us equip multiple legendaries sooner than later, because i want them all

Can't wait to superstrain.

Dear lord are we going to end up with a party full of melee and 4 plate wearers

angry i swear if you even THINK about having fun as unholy im going to be so pissed off

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    edited June 2020
    Dear lord are we going to end up with a party full of melee and 4 plate wearers

the tried and true shambler raid/m+ comp

I'm still probably gonna play demon hunter

Daebunz on
    7yh4xczljsym.png
  • DysDys how am I even using this gun Registered User regular
    and this is why I made sure to learn how to play elemental this expansion

I will def be maining enhance don’t worry.

• BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Not sure what I'll play next expansion. I might try Warrior again, but Shaman and Monk are fun.

• rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    I'm still kinda torn on if I'm coming back next expansion, I REALLY didn't like most of the decisions they made in the last one at all and I don't think I like the structure of M+ enough to justify it. But also I kinda miss having raid nights a couple nights a week and some of the stuff they're saying about this next expansion makes it sound like they're course correcting on some of the stuff I didn't like in the past.

They still haven't said a release date right?

• Lord DaveLord Dave Grief Causer Bitch Free ZoneRegistered User regular
    I think they said end of 2020

mkc.png
    Yeah like Q4, so October-December 2020

• DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    rhylith wrote: »
    I'm still kinda torn on if I'm coming back next expansion, I REALLY didn't like most of the decisions they made in the last one at all and I don't think I like the structure of M+ enough to justify it. But also I kinda miss having raid nights a couple nights a week and some of the stuff they're saying about this next expansion makes it sound like they're course correcting on some of the stuff I didn't like in the past.

They still haven't said a release date right?

i miss most people who didn't stick around so it would be cool to see some folks again

7yh4xczljsym.png
    they've been saying 2020, yeah, and they also said they don't want a raid tier releasing alongside holidays, so i'd think early november at the latest

pretty much everything about shlands so far sounds great except for the covenants which look like they're going to be the very obvious mistake that everyone is correctly identifying as a mistake since the moment they were announced and they won't correct it until 9.3 at the earliest and everyone complains about for the entirety of the expansion

at least it's a different mistake than in legion and bfa

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
    I mean we are at least closer to fixing that than before. Ion did flat out say if it looks like they fail in their goal they would look to make switching freely happen and it is a plan b. In the last two expansions, we would have been told gobbledygook about how it will be fine and we just need to trust them, until 2 patches in.

I know it doesn’t mean they for sure will change it, but it’s at least a little bit better than before.

And they've been listening pretty hard in the alpha so far. Changed shimmer to 1 charge, *community rages*, changed back to 2 charges. Introduced timers in torghast, "community rages*, removed timer mechanic.

If they fix shadow priests then I think people will stop questioning things. That is like the last big thing left to be addressed. I mean, I am hoping they don't think the minor tweak to SW:death is enough.

I still give them a pass with Covenants until soulbinds are out. They can't balance them until things that could possibly drastically change them are in testing. Can't judge how badly balanced they are until they can balance them. The biggest issue is WHERE THE FUCK ARE SOUL BINDS?

The one dev post about for Warrior updates mentioned something about waiting to see how things play once Legendaries and Conduits are out. I think Conduits (which are a complete unknown aspect of soul binds still) might be more impactful than we thought.

Just... fucking get that shit out there. Post about like ONE finished Soul Bind for some examples. Put tons of unfinished stuff on like you did with Torghast stuff. Get some vision on it. We are closing in on July for something we know will likely be out around November (no way it comes in December, just no). This is the one thing they need to hold up to their promises for. They said they want to make sure things get tested early enough to react to feedback. Like 4 months max until a prepatch hits? Starting to get to the point where that will be an empty promise.

I am severely hoping the streamed thing they were going to have will unveil all that stuff. Hoping that gets a new announcement next week.

and can they change the color of Power Word: Shield for shadow

shadow is cool because it's basically the only spec in the entire game that doesn't revolve entirely around cooldowns

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
    I honestly cannot BELIEVE this wasn't taken

89px38v53bri.png

I wish they would end factions so I can main my Lightforged paladin who I got to name Masenko somehow

also Light's Judgement is the best racial and its not even close

Not going to lie, I have seen very little anything about stuff in Shadowlands, then today on a whim I watched some videos on Thorghast and the zones and shit now I'm hype as fuck

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Later today, we will apply a hotfix to the game that will allow players who have upgraded the legendary cloak Ashjra’kamas to Rank 15 to purchase Malefic Cores from MOTHER for 2,000 Echoes of Ny’alotha. This will be repeatable, up to the maximum that you could have otherwise earned via weekly Horrific Visions or from N’Zoth the Corruptor.

The intent of Malefic Cores was to provide ongoing incremental weekly power gains, to help overcome remaining challenges in this final tier of Battle for Azeroth. This has been similar to past systems in Warlords of Draenor (upgrading the legendary rings via Archimonde drops) and Legion (upgrading trinkets from Argus the Unmaker). While each extra bit of Corruption Resistance only represents a small increase in potential power, we understand the frustration of feeling weeks behind, especially without any controlled way of closing the gap faster. With this hotfix, players can further supplement their progress through the wide variety of endgame content that rewards Echoes of Ny’alotha.

It will still be possible to earn up to two Malefic Cores per week, by fully clearing a Horrific Vision and/or defeating N’Zoth the Corruptor on Normal difficulty or higher.

Thank you!

thank christ, the only two-per-week was ridiculous

liEt3nH.png