As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Tabletop Games are RADch

DarmakDarmak RAGEvympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
edited August 2020 in Social Entropy++
So I only started playing tabletop Games last year around April. Just D&D 5e, nothing special. Now I'm DMing a homebrewed Spelljammer game and reading lots of other RPG rulebooks and settings and shit to draw inspiration from.

Plus now I'm collecting dice like a goblin so that's fun.

What games are y'all playing?

JtgVX0H.png
Darmak on

• Hexmage-PAHexmage-PA Registered User regular
    edited June 2020
    FYI, the next D&D book is Icewind Dale: Rime of the Frost Maiden. Apparently it's a survival horror adventure where you're stalked by multiple incarnations of an evil winter goddess.

One of the co-authors had this to say on Twitter:
    I'm so honored to share that I co-authored RIME OF THE FROSTMAIDEN. 🎉 Working on this book, alongside the most amazing team, was a dream come true. This is a special book that couldn't be more timely: it's about climate change and the powerful magic of collective action.”

Hexmage-PA on
  • ElaroElaro Apologetic Registered User regular
    I wanna play Warhammer 40 000, but my FLGS is closed due to Covid.

Also, I want to try that Lancer RPG.

Children's rights are human rights.
  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    edited June 2020
    Hexmage-PA wrote: »
    FYI, the next D&D book is Icewind Dale: Rime of the Frost Maiden. Apparently it's a survival horror adventure where you're stalked by multiple incarnations of an evil winter goddess.

I'm so honored to share that I co-authored RIME OF THE FROSTMAIDEN. 🎉 Working on this book, alongside the most amazing team, was a dream come true. This is a special book that couldn't be more timely: it's about climate change and the powerful magic of collective action.”

I just now saw that and was coming to post it! Kinda neat I guess, but I can't help but associate Icewind Dale with those bad Drizzt novels.

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
  • DenadaDenada Registered User regular
    I noticed that DrivethruRPG is getting in on the charity bundle action and has several bundles available right now in support of racial justice. The bundles are huge and have some great stuff. I'll probably pick up at least a few of them. Between these and the itch.io bundle I'll have enough RPG reading material to last me for a few years I think.

• ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Hey folks, I am going to run a play-by-post of Eberron's The Forgotten Forge through fifth edition over in Critical Failures.

If you're interested, there are spots open.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
    Denada wrote: »
    I noticed that DrivethruRPG is getting in on the charity bundle action and has several bundles available right now in support of racial justice. The bundles are huge and have some great stuff. I'll probably pick up at least a few of them. Between these and the itch.io bundle I'll have enough RPG reading material to last me for a few years I think.

Any bundles in particular you'd recommend?

JtgVX0H.png
  • facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    RAD

Rolling A Die

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • DenadaDenada Registered User regular
    Darmak wrote: »
    Denada wrote: »

Any bundles in particular you'd recommend?

I'm personally going for the BLM Bundle #1 and NAACP Bundle #1, mostly for Eclipse Phase 2E and the Dragonlock set.

One thing I learned browsing all these bundles: there are a lot of RPGs out there.

• Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    Hey so I successfully ran this:

I'm plotting a dumb GITS style one shot investigation and want to check my plot mostly makes sense:

The investigation begins when, during the demonstration of a next generation armoured suit, one of the test pilots (Eliot Kane) goes berserk. Lashing out and demolishing the viewing box, killing ten including several high ranking civil servants.

Initial investigations will point out a few things:

1) Eliot Kane is a war veteran who was diagnosed with PTSD, decent tech or medical skills will discover that given his recent therapy and medication he shouldn't have being at risk of this lapse in mental faculty except his cyberbrain had being infected with a malignant virus designed with images tailored to trigger him.

2) The company demonstrating the suit is Caltech, an arms and heavy industry manufacturer headed up by Nadia King, who is legally married to the head of company R&D (and the suit's designer) Marcos Llorente, a brilliantly gifted neuro scientist who exists on a Marriage Visa. Though there seems to be little actual love between the two.

3) Eliot Kane was fast tracked to serve in the test program from the unemployment line. Something that Marcos does little to hide. Impressing on the investigators that he views Eliot Kane as a hero and innocent.

The full plot to be revealed based on how they investigate is actually:

Marcos Llorente was tired of designing war machines and having little control over his life working in Caltech. He planned to formally divorce Nadia and take his work to the open market and the medical sector. Nadia King had no desire to lose one of the biggest assets in her company and hatched a scheme: Under post war laws companies could get signed permission to be in charge of prisoners of particular economic value. So her initial plan was to frame Marcos and then use her wealth to buy his penal contract. This did not work with the current Minister of Arms and so she did a deal with the man most likely to be next in line: Thomas Dandy.

Then she used leverage and ample bribes to compromise the corporate assigned therapist who was caring for Eliot Kane: Karen Robinson and used minor scientists and access to Eliot's medical records and therapy tapes to create the triggering virus. Thomas Dandy was conveniently out taking an important call (with a Caltech dead end number). The current minister is killed in a high profile crime that looks to implicate Marcos as attempting to tank the company before he leaves and the wheels spin on her scheme.

Until the investigators step in.

Using my own custom fancy system.

All in all the character creation took about twenty minutes total and the session worked really smoothly. By the end my group of Definitely Not Section 9's were requisitioning exceptional equipment, using the Buddy/Rival system and grasping the slightly weird dice pool system I was using without issue.

Very happy with how it all went.

• ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    Really wishing someone would offer to run a Pathfinder 2.0 game. I'd really like to give it a shot.

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    We started a pathfinder game at work and got one session in before Washington issued a stay at home order and I'm pretty sure that campaign's dead. And uh...didn't get to combat at all.

• sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    Nice.

No wait, opposite of that.

• ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    edited June 2020
    Zonugal wrote: »
    This took me three minutes. Overall, its pretty easy to break up ability score increases from races.
    Class Ability Score Increases
    Starting at first level you apply ability score increases as chosen through the combination of your race, background, and the class your character has for their first character level. Any such combinations are allowed, with the only provision being the prohibition of increasing any single ability score by +3.

Artificer
    -- Ability Score Increase: Your Dexterity, Constitution, or Intelligence increases by 1 (your choice).
    Barbarian
    -- Ability Score Increase: Your Strength, Dexterity, or Constitution increases by 1 (your choice).
    Bard
    -- Ability Score Increase: Your Dexterity, Intelligence, or Charisma increases by 1 (your choice).
    Cleric
    -- Ability Score Increase: Your Strength, Constitution, or Wisdom increases by 1 (your choice).
    Druid
    -- Ability Score Increase: Your Constitution, Wisdom, or Charisma increases by 1 (your choice).
    Fighter
    -- Ability Score Increase: Your Strength, Dexterity, or Constitution increases by 1 (your choice).
    Monk
    -- Ability Score Increase: Your Dexterity, Constitution, or Wisdom increases by 1 (your choice).
    Paladin
    -- Ability Score Increase: Your Strength, Constitution, or Wisdom increases by 1 (your choice).
    Ranger
    -- Ability Score Increase: Your Dexterity, Constitution, or Wisdom increases by 1 (your choice).
    Rouge
    -- Ability Score Increase: Your Dexterity, Intelligence, or Charisma increases by 1 (your choice).
    Sorcerer
    -- Ability Score Increase: Your Constitution, Wisdom, or Charisma increases by 1 (your choice).
    Warlock
    -- Ability Score Increase: Your Constitution, Intelligence, or Charisma increases by 1 (your choice).
    Wizard
    -- Ability Score Increase: Your Intelligence, Wisdom, or Charisma increases by 1 (your choice).

This is basically the 13th Age treatment. With the added bonus that, with the standard array, it strongly encourages splitting the bonuses to +2/+1, so you get all even numbers.

e: And actually the "gain a bonus to one of a selection of ability scores from each of your class, race, and background" is, I think, more or less straight out of PF2. Which is also cool

Tox on
    Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    I've been wanting to get involved in something tabletop for years now, but it seems like whenever I've had time I haven't had people around who were interested, and vice versa.

I have a bunch of Shadowrun books that I read through once in a while, and a friend was working on a Pathfinder campaign for a few of us but I ended up having to move before we could get it going.

It kinda sucks!

• DidgeridooDidgeridoo Flighty Dame Registered User regular
    edited June 2020
    Oh hey, I just started my first dnd campaign! I'm doing Curse of Strahd. Seems to be going well so far.

We are using Roll20 and Google hangouts, because we are scattered all over the country. That setup works great, I highly recommend it for people who can't gather a group in-person.

Didgeridoo on
    edited June 2020
    Please ignore this post and go to my next one!

Hexmage-PA on
    edited June 2020
    So I looked over the Monster Manual's lore on demons last night and several questions sprung to mind:

First, I'm trying to figure out what demonic amulets do:

Devil talismans are pretty well defined, thanks in part to the Infernal Calling spell. Knowing a devil's true name gives you advantage on Charisma checks to convince the devil to do something, while having a devil's talisman (which has the devil's true name inscribed within it) forces the devil to do whatever you say. While the Summon Greater Demon spell makes mentions of using a demon's true name to cause it to make Charisma saves with disadvantage, I'm not seeing any reference to demonic amulets.

In the Monster Manual it is said that a demonic amulet "allows the fiend to reform at a time and place of its choosing", making it sound like a kind of phylactery. Furthermore, "a creature possessing a demonic amulet can extract favors from the demon whose life essence the amulet holds--or inflict great pain if the fiend resists." Unfortunately I've yet to find any sort of mechanical details to support this.

The easiest thing to say would probably be that having a demonic amulet disallows a Charisma save for the demon called by Summon Greater Demon, similar to how having a devil's talisman makes Charisma checks unnecessary with Infernal Calling.

On a related note, the spell Planar Binding allows the affected creature to make a saving throw. I'm considering house ruling that so knowing the true name of the affected creature gives it disadvantage on the save, and that possessing the devil talisman/demonic amulet causes the creature to automatically fail the save.

Now onto to bound demons and demonic possession:

Basically, certain tomes teach you how to place a demon's essence in an object to prevent it's return to the Abyss. In this way they sound like demonic amulets. However, whereas the wording for the demonic amulet made it sound like only part of a demon's essence was ceded and the demon was still free to do whatever, this section on bound demons makes it seem like the demon is imprisoned within the object. "A creature that handles such an object", we are told, "is able to control the demon whose essence is trapped within the object", but it's unclear if that means you could make the demon appear and fight for you or what. Further, "destroying the object frees the demon, which immediately seeks revenge against its binder."

The following section, Demonic Possession, states that powerful demons can emerge from their containers to possess a mortal host. "As long as the demon remains in possession of its host, the soul of that host is in danger of being dragged to the Abyss with the demon if it is exorcised from the flesh, or if the host dies...If a demon possesses a creature and the object binding the demon is destroyed, the possession last until powerful magic is used to drive the demonic spirit out of the host."

Let's take a look at the Dispel Evil and Good Spell:
    Break Enchantment: As your action, you touch a creature you can reach that is Charmed, Frightened, or possessed by a Celestial, an elemental, a fey, a fiend, or an Undead. The creature you touch is no longer Charmed, Frightened, or possessed by such creatures.

So, going by the Monster Manual, we know that a demon can (somehow) be bound to an object, and that presumably anyone who handles the binding object has power over the demon (what they can make the demon do, or if it can even manifest physically outside the object, is undefined). If said object is destroyed, the demon "immediately seeks revenge against the binder." We also know a demonic essence can emerge from its container (somehow) to possess a mortal host (whether it can emerge from its container for reasons other than to possess mortals is unclear, nor is it clear why it doesn't just always do that instead of letting people handle its binding object and "control it"). Finally, the Monster Manual insinuates that casting Dispel Evil and Good on a mortal possessed by a bound demon without first destroying the object the demon is bound to will cause the possessed mortal's soul to be dragged to the Abyss with the demon (whoops!).

Let me try to understand all this. Say you've just been paging through the Demonomicon of Iggwilv and want to try binding a demon to an object. You somehow prepare a special idol and figure out the spells needed to put a barlgura inside (maybe Magic Circle + Summon Greater Demon, along with a Planar Binding to tell it to get in the idol). Now what? Are you the only one who can control the barlgura in the idol, or can any creature holding it control the demon? What can the barlgura in the idol even do? Could anyone just grab the idol and summon a barlgura under control more complete than what Summon Greater Demon or Planar Binding is capable of? What's to stop the bound barlgura from trying to possess you or anyone else (other than Protection from Evil and Good)? What's to stop it from using its host to smash its own idol and hunt you down?

The best use I can think of is that you could disguise yourself while summoning the demon and warding yourself with Protection from Evil and Good to avoid being immediately possessed by the (preferably very durable) idol you've made. Then leave it where an enemy of yours will be in range of the the bound demon's possession range and get out of dodge. Once your enemy is possessed the demon has no idea who bound it, so it can't come after you without trying to investigate who bound it or just killing anyone it suspects could be its binder (the latter is most likely). After that all you have to do is wait for your demon-possessed enemy to be either slain (damning their soul to the Abyss) or for an ignorant cleric to cast Dispel Evil and Good on your enemy with the idol intact (damning their soul to the Abyss).

Here's my attempt at mechanically expressing this concept:

Bound. The essence of the bound demon is linked to a particular binding item. While this binding item is intact the bound demon is capable of using Demonic Possession. Should the binding item be destroyed the bound demon loses the Demonic Possession action but may continue a possession already in progress.
    Demonic Possession (1/day): One beast or humanoid not warded against possession within 30 ft. of the bound demon's binding item must succeed on a DC 15 Charisma saving throw or be possessed by the bound demon. The target is Incapacitated and loses control of its body. The bound demon now controls the body but doesn't deprive the target of awareness. The bound demon can't be targeted by any Attack, spell, or other effect. It retains its Alignment, Intelligence, Wisdom, Charisma, and immunity to being Charmed and Frightened. It otherwise uses the possessed target's Statistics, but doesn't gain access to the target's knowledge, Class Features, or Proficiencies. The possession lasts until the possessed creature is killed, the bound demon ends it as a Bonus Action (which, if the bound demon's binding item is still intact, can only be accomplished while within 30 ft of its binding item; if the binding item has been destroyed, it can appear in its original form within 60 feet of the formerly possessed creature), or the bound demon is forced out by an effect like the Dispel Evil and Good spell. If the possessed creature is killed or the bound demon is forced out while the bound demon's binding item is still intact, both the possessed creature and the bound demon are slain, and the possessed creature's soul manifests as a mane in a random layer of the Abyss in 1d4 hours. If the creature isn't revived before then, only a wish spell or killing the mane and casting true resurrection on the creature's original body can restore it to life. A target is immune to the bound demon's Demonic Possession for 24 hours after succeeding on the saving throw or after the possession ends.

That's my crack at making sense of these things. Any other takers?

Hexmage-PA on
  • TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    A friend and I just came up with a cool new fantasy species imma use next time I play a tabletop rpg.

• WearingglassesWearingglasses Of the friendly neighborhood variety Registered User regular
    I just built a retired pit fighter champ Loxodon named "Six-Pach" for a one shot tomorrow. He's gonna suplex everything.

Someone help me find a tabletop rpg system that's prefect for me

I like dungeon world as it's fiction forward but has a decent amount of crunch for texture even if it's a bit inconsistent. but it carries just a bit too much baggage as d&d methadone imho and I would like it to be a little more setting/genre agnostic for flexibility.

• TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    Uriel wrote: »

I like dungeon world as it's fiction forward but has a decent amount of crunch for texture even if it's a bit inconsistent. but it carries just a bit too much baggage as d&d methadone imho and I would like it to be a little more setting/genre agnostic for flexibility.

Genesys?

Tomanta wrote: »

Genesys?

I will look into this one

• JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod

honestly my personal feeling is very strongly that systems built to handle anything are almost never as good as ones that are specifically built toward doing a certain thing

what are you looking to do?

rRwz9.gif
  • StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular

You're not really going to find PbtA stuff that's setting/genre agnostic. And like, you shouldn't be able to - it's a style of game that is largely about evoking genre. But what I would say is that you shouldn't entirely think of Dungeon World as the RPG system, but rather PbtA as the system and Dungeon World as one reflection of that (designed to evoke the genre of 1st ed D&D). It's pretty easy to hop over to another PbtA game from knowing Dungeon World, and it's fairly likely that there's already something out there that might suit the genre/setting you're looking for.

• admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular

I'm not really sure there's such a thing as a genre agnostic game. GURPS is the closest you'll get, but even that's "realistic" and hard-boiled at its core, and only becomes more heroic with the addition of supplements. Savage Worlds is a solid generic system that might match what you're looking for, but it's a pulp fiction game.

• StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Jacobkosh wrote: »

honestly my personal feeling is very strongly that systems built to handle anything are almost never as good as ones that are specifically built toward doing a certain thing

Yeah, especially if you're going in fiction forward/narrativist directions, the system should be more tailored to the style of fiction.

I can see the argument for a simulationist system as a multitool, but that's also how you end up with GURPS.

Jacobkosh wrote: »

That is something I gotta think about I think.

I think the reason I want flexibility is the difference in personalities at my usual table. Everyone seems to want something a little different.

Personally I like the idea right now of something like a Saturday morning fantasy adventure cartoon striking a tone closer to like... The last Airbender? But then other times I do like something more swords and sorcery slightly more adult pulpy adventure stuff.

But like I know most of my friends have trouble imagining things outside d&d exclusive terms and their previous experience within that framework...

• webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular

Genesys with the Terinoth supplement. It is COMPLETELY different than D&D, and still fairly story focused with less focus on combat.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
    I just tried to come up with a way of mapping tabletop games for figuring stuff like this out and accidentally ended up with like eight axes.

But overall I'd say the most important things to think about are tone (I think of tone as a continuum of like horrific-grim-pulpy-comic, with the general expectation that you'll slide up or down one space at points during the course of play) and genre/setting (often times genre is thought of as defining tone, and I want something a bit looser than that - I can, for instance, think of at least one sword and sorcery game in each of those four tones).

• BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    Strahd update: The party is about 20% through a dungeon and are mostly tapped out of spell slots. This is fine.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
    edited June 2020
    I've had a villain idea I've been sitting on for a while but probably will never use, so feel free to steal it if you wish. It's originally inspired by claims I've read of people who worshiped Satan in hopes the devil would rid them of their personal flaws.

Nicolai Tallosh, Unfinished Avatar of Graz'zt

Nicolai Talosh was born into a prestigious noble family with great expectations of its heirs. Unfortunately, Nicolai lacked many of the qualities prized by his family, such as the wit, charisma, and assertiveness needed to thrive within the upper class. Though his kin were rarely cruel to him about his shortcomings, Nicolai knew he was the shame of his family and an object of mockery to his peers. He craved approval he never received, he perceived cruelty, disgust, and pity among the other nobility, and the shame and self-hatred he felt was so all-encompassing that hearing the sound of his name or witnessing the sight of his reflection in the mirror would sting his soul.

Then, Nicolai received an unexpected invitation from a woman in another noble family She revealed herself to be a high-ranking cultist of Graz'zt, the Dark Prince. In a vision, she had been instructed to offer Nicolai a pact on behalf of the demon lord: become her fiance, and in return everything Nicolai hated about himself would be slowly stripped away and replaced with the splendor of an Avatar of Graz'zt. Nicolai accepted, knowing full well that eventually everything that made him who he was would be gone, that the witch wanted the fully-realized Avatar as her beloved, not him. So long as the process was gradual, he reasoned, he wouldn't realize the moment he stopped being Nicolai Talosh and became a complete Avatar.

Now, Nicolai Talosh has quite a different reputation, going from his family's black sheep to one of the most well-regarded members of the nobility. He's witty, charming, assertive, insightful, very handsome, and betrothed to a fine lady from another well-respected house. Nicolai knows intellectually that the real him is slipping away as the wicked ambitions and desires of Graz'zt grow inside his heart; regarding this, he simply thinks "good riddance". He is happy with this form of slow death. Every time he senses an old weakness or insecurity of his gone he gives thanks to the Dark Prince, sincerely grateful that his former self is slowly being destroyed and that he can more fully enjoy the time he has left.

Only once the Avatar of Graz'zt is complete will he learn that Nicolai's suffering was authored by the agents of the Dark Prince himself. They used all their magic and influence to sabotage his efforts, inspire cruelty and neglect towards him among his family and peers, and inflict incessant misery on the ignorant young nobleman's mind. All to make Nicolai ready and willing to be unmade and replaced with an extension of a demon lord.

The Avatar will not care. After all, Nicolai will be gone.

"Good riddance."

Hexmage-PA on
  • #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    Hey! I run a drop-in-drop-out 5e Adventurer's League style group with very little commitment required currently twice a week through roll20. If anyone is interested in playing a session or two hit me up! We already have a handful of forumers playing. It's chill and a good time. I run official AL adventures, 4ish hour sessions, Thursday evenings and Sunday afternoons PST.

I just recently finished playing Tomb of Annihilation, which was rad. My Human Rogue with the investigator background and hand crossbow expert was basically a film noir detective named Rex Valentine and he survived the whole campaign and was just generally an extremely good boy. I also just started playing a big sandbox homebrew game a friend is running. We started at level 10 and I'm playing a Death Cleric of the Raven Queen with a few levels in Paladin. D&D is good.

#pipe wrote: »
    Hey! I run a drop-in-drop-out 5e Adventurer's League style group with very little commitment required currently twice a week through roll20. If anyone is interested in playing a session or two hit me up! We already have a handful of forumers playing. It's chill and a good time. I run official AL adventures, 4ish hour sessions, Thursday evenings and Sunday afternoons PST.

I just recently finished playing Tomb of Annihilation, which was rad. My Human Rogue with the investigator background and hand crossbow expert was basically a film noir detective named Rex Valentine and he survived the whole campaign and was just generally an extremely good boy. I also just started playing a big sandbox homebrew game a friend is running. We started at level 10 and I'm playing a Death Cleric of the Raven Queen with a few levels in Paladin. D&D is good.

Sounds fun, but unfortunately due to how my schedule works, if I have Thursday off one week, I work it the next week. And if I have Thursday off then I work that Sunday, and vice versa. It makes it so I can either only play with people every other week, or play with coworkers (which I do).

Buuuuuut I do want to play a rogue that's kind of a wuss in a fight but sort of a skill monkey otherwise. I had a githyanki mastermind once that died in a one-shot I could always pull back out...

JtgVX0H.png
  • #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    edited June 2020
    Darmak wrote: »
    #pipe wrote: »

Sounds fun, but unfortunately due to how my schedule works, if I have Thursday off one week, I work it the next week. And if I have Thursday off then I work that Sunday, and vice versa. It makes it so I can either only play with people every other week, or play with coworkers (which I do).

Buuuuuut I do want to play a rogue that's kind of a wuss in a fight but sort of a skill monkey otherwise. I had a githyanki mastermind once that died in a one-shot I could always pull back out...

The whole point of my game, and adventurer's league in general actually, is there's no ongoing campaign, you just drop in and play when you can.

Also if you want a skill monkey, what you're looking for is a Lore Bard. I have a level 5 Lore Bard (named and based after Eaglebones Falconhawk of the Aquabats) who is proficient in 10 skills and gets expertise, so double proficient in 2 skills at 3rd level, and 2 more skills at 10th. Lore bards are the most versatile characters in the game don't at me.

#pipe on
  • ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    I have started designing my npcs for my Eberron game.

They all have attached photos of actors, as reference points (for myself and my players).

Can't wait for my players to meet a dwarf who looks like Dennis Franz!

• Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    what percentage of the reference actors have not been on Friends?

• StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    I would like to run some game nights on Tabletop simulator since in-person stuff is...not happening for a while.

YL9WnCY.png
    what percentage of the reference actors have not been on Friends?

I don't believe Amy Brenneman was on Friends!

• doomybeardoomybear Hi People Registered User regular
    Hexmage-PA wrote: »

important info regarding new icewind dale

what a happy day it is
  • valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    I am racking my brain tonight trying to come up with thimgs for my daughter's halfling bard and her 3 npc friends and family to do next.

Is Curse of Strahd too much for level 4 characters? I have Ghosts of Salt Marsh, but to be honest, it doesn't spark joy. I also have Oathnof the Frozen King by Absolute Tabletop. It seems neat, and easy to change up and drop into my world.

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
This discussion has been closed.