As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Maybe the [NFL] isn't so bad...

• Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    Bobble wrote: »
    Why are the Cowboys and Texans on that list

His home and family are in Texas. Born there, raised there; college and the Jets were the only times he left

At this point if you're risking your health if games get played just by being near the vicinity, you at least shouldn't have to worry about the health of your family from afar while doing it. Another reason the season should probably not happen! Don't be away from your family and risk your health or theirs for a sport

Also no state income tax in Texas, as a nice side bonus. Doesn't apply to most of the list, but it's a point in favor of those two.

I think Texas is a cool place to live!

BOB is a disaster, half the division is better than them, it’s a sad division anyway...the Texans are not in a good situation

The Cowboys are kind of a joke and aren’t winning anything anytime soon, but Jerry takes care of players. It’s not a bad situation if winning isn’t in the cards for you.

• ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    Butters wrote: »
    We make fun of O'Brien and with good reason but the Texans have a great quarterback and play in a weak division so they not a bad team to look at if you want to make the playoffs.

But if you’re good he’ll trade you for peanuts scratch that, the Titans and probably RiversColts will stomp the shit out of Houston

As an Indianapolis resident I can confirm the expectation for the Marmalard Colts is quite low.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • KanaKana Registered User regular
    A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    The only reason I didn't get to hear this live is because I was literally at the game on the upper deck.

• ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    It's no Even Janitor, but it was still great.

And sadly Even Janitor was apparently only captured on Vine so I can't find footage of it.

It was the 2015 season, Jan 3rd against the Bucs, if anybody's feeling like digging for it. No idea when during the game, though.

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    Rodgers and Mahomes are my favs

• RichardTauberRichardTauber Kvlt Registered User regular
    Go Browns! This is our year!

• SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Dirtyboy wrote: »
    Fitzmagic wins again.

Mahomes looks like Aly Michalka's twin sister.

sig.gif
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Jimmy Garoppolo is a stunning man and woman

• mcpmcp Registered User regular
    Cam Newton to the Pats.

That'll be interesting

• FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    Love me some Cam, but I hope we don’t even make the playoffs this year. Same with Tampa Bay.

...that or Brady and the Bucs fall apart while Bill goes on to win another SB, this time with Cam. I think I prefer that option.

If Jackson can’t win it, Cam having more success in NE than Brady would be a good consolation

Assuming there’s a season

• XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    I hope the Patriots win the Super Bowl and Bellichick walks out with a BLM shirt at the parade

• 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    I'm very happy to have Cam Newton come here.

• H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited June 2020
    Xehalus wrote: »
    I hope the Patriots win the Super Bowl and Bellichick walks out with a BLM shirt at the parade

That would be awesome, but Belichick wrote Trump that love letter, so it probably won't happen.

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    You can always tell when it’s a relative nobody

They always omit the name from the headline

Y'ALL TALKING ABOUT THE GREATRIOTS BEST TEAM EVAR BILL BELICHICK IS A GENIUS 19-0 BABY YEAH!

...am I doing it right?

• SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    Honestly, fuck it. Get my dad a ring.

I'm legit trying to think of how many NFC teams I would still root for over getting Cam a ring. Panthers, obviously, because damn if they go 0-3 in the SB that'd just be sad. Probably the Lions, just cuz they've never even been to the SB. But even the rest of the NFC South I'd be like, "meh, fuck 'em"

Cardinals have only been once and never won, but they've got a lot of young talent so them getting there once wouldn't probably be a fluke so I'd be alright with them not winning right away

mistake 1 was driving his own car in Put-In Bay

you only go there to drink lethal amounts of alcohol

• BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    edited June 2020
    Dirtyboy wrote: »

We don't deserve her or Katie Nolan.

Here's another prime example of Mina owning:

BlackDragon480 on
    No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
    This was one of the worst places Cam could have gone for me.

I wanted to root for him to come back and be amazing and show the Panthers they were fools for giving up on him.

But not like this...not with the Patriots.

I wanted to root for him to come back and be amazing and show the Panthers they were fools for giving up on him.

Honestly it's way past time for one of the Panthers' stupid cuts to shoot them in their collective dick and I hope Cam gets a ring just to spite them.

• HawkstoneHawkstone Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things. Somewhere outside of BarstowRegistered User regular
    Tox wrote: »

Honestly it's way past time for one of the Panthers' stupid cuts to shoot them in their collective dick and I hope Cam gets a ring just to spite them.

I don't and I honestly don't understand what Cam has done to engender such good will. He pouts, he quits, he is a poor sport and his play style was always on a time line because he never bothered to develop the nuanced game that allows for a long career. His body was breaking down when the Panthers let him go for a reason and they let him go because he is a lousy leader who was becoming a liability on the field. He may have gotten healthy and the Pats might get a good year or two out of him, but I dont understand the growing sentiment that he is owed a superbowl. There are dozens of guys who have retired in just the last two years without getting a ring that I think are more deserving.

Inside of a dog...it's too dark to read.
    Hawkstone wrote: »
    Tox wrote: »

I don't and I honestly don't understand what Cam has done to engender such good will. He pouts, he quits, he is a poor sport and his play style was always on a time line because he never bothered to develop the nuanced game that allows for a long career. His body was breaking down when the Panthers let him go for a reason and they let him go because he is a lousy leader who was becoming a liability on the field. He may have gotten healthy and the Pats might get a good year or two out of him, but I dont understand the growing sentiment that he is owed a superbowl. There are dozens of guys who have retired in just the last two years without getting a ring that I think are more deserving.

I........

H3Knuckles wrote: »
    Xehalus wrote: »

That would be awesome, but Belichick wrote Trump that love letter, so it probably won't happen.

A love letter that specifically congratulated him on his "tremendous campaign"

He considers the most vile, racist, and xenophobic campaign in the last 50 years tremendous. Fuck Bill Belichick, fuck his Trump donor boss, and fuck the Patriots.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    Wow, that post really checks all the boxes for entitled fan horse shit, doesn't it?

7h8wnycre6vs.png
    Is this the barstoolsports forum?

If nothing else, I want Cam to win to make all people that thought he was corrupting the North Carolina children with his smiling and dabbing and wacky clothes erupt into flames

I want Lamar to win even more so for different reasons- he got the bonus of being drafted behind 4 white dudes who may not amount to anything and having a bunch of slick-haired NFL-knowers saying he should be a WR, whereas Cam went #1

• 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Interesting that "the Panthers put up a weak O line and let other teams beat the shit out of Cam Newton every single game and didn't provide him the tools needed so he didn't always have to run the ball himself" has successfully morphed into "Cam Newton didn't take care of his body or develop a nuanced game."

Then again, fans at large barely cared when it happened to Andrew Luck, and racists don't even hate Andrew Luck.

• BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    edited June 2020
    3clipse wrote: »
    Then again, fans at large barely cared when it happened to Andrew Luck, and racists don't even hate Andrew Luck.

I cared/care about both of them, because I hate to see anyone have their career or even life shortened by pounding that could've been prevented with competent managerial decisions.

Only bad thing I have to say about Luck is his amish face-warmer was an affront to those with a functioning sense of sight, but I don't blame the man one bit for walking when he did.

BlackDragon480 on
    No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
    3clipse wrote: »

I cared/care about both of them, because I hate to see anyone have their career or even life shortened by pounding that could've been prevented with competent managerial decisions.

Only bad thing I have to say a out Luck is his amish face-warmer was an affront to those with a functioning sense of sight, but I don't blame the man one bit for walking when he did.

Oh yeah to be clear when I say "fans at large" I mean "people not on this forum."

Ryan Grigson should never get work in football again for what he did to Luck

He’s currently a senior advisor the Browns so I think he’s still out of football

This discussion has been closed.