As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX Online Hype/Discussion

IncreaseBlueIncreaseBlue Registered User regular
As the news has already hit, I'm pretty excited to see what's in store for the new iteration of West.

So far there will apparently be PAX Online merch and they are doing a call for panels. With most of this being virtual, I'm really hoping this will open up the variety for panelists that are no longer restricted by travel necessities.

What are you guys excited for?

• Options
    CKingCKing Registered User regular
    I'm excited we won't miss PAX. For some reason, my health gets really bad during odd numbered years, so this would have been the first even year we missed.

And, while I'm sad we'll be missing everything that goes with PAX (travel, hotel, friends, local events), this'll be the most accessible PAX will ever be for me.

I'm not gonna lie, I cried I was so happy with the announcement.

• Options
    Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular
    I tend to watch a lot of the big panels on Twitch after PAX anyways, so the big change for me is losing out on the ability to windowshop and talk to the people who make games.

That's not the biggest deal if people have online stores and with an increased amount of online content to show off. May be a bit lacking in the social venues, but I'm hopeful they'll have something worked out by then.

• Options
    SkeleVaderSkeleVader Your Friendly Dark Lord of Destruction Registered User regular
    With so many people having VR headsets now I really hope they make a virtual Expo hall that you can access like an MMO.

IhtGIyi.png
  • Options
    PavioPavio Registered User regular
    SkeleVader wrote: »
    With so many people having VR headsets now I really hope they make a virtual Expo hall that you can access like an MMO.

That would be awesome.

As for what else I'd like to see, personally I think more tournaments would be great. And I would bet they're working on ways to get these Devs into channels where they can talk and hang out and answer questions. At least I really hope so.

v6h3hfs2v597.png
  • Options
    MarinoMarino Giant Bomb Moderator / League of Heels Webmaster Macon, GARegistered User regular
    Excited probably isn't the word. I'm interested to see what they do, but I don't have my hopes up for anything spectacular.

I'm sure there'll be a few panels I want to watch at least.

• Options
    chubbyninjakttychubbyninjaktty Registered User regular
    I’m excited that
    A. They’re having something
    B. Online merch - I know this is petty, but I’m excited to get a green PAX T 😬
    C. I’m interested to see how they work the logistics of game demos, community, expo flair, and Shopping- I think going forward virtual conventions may be more necessary, and this may be a kind of prototype for it. I’d really like a marketplace of some sort, streaming panel rooms, and even VR experiences, and to see how events like this will evolve in the future.

• Options
    nevermore13nevermore13 Registered User regular
    edited July 2020
    I'm excited for the panels that will be streamed (this is something PAX has been doing for years but it sounds like we are getting more of it. As with every PAX I'm excited for Acq Inc. (Mike has said it will happen). I'm intrigued to see how they will do game demos because that seems interesting.
    I think for the rest of the year you will see more virtual conventions and then next year conventions will be back to being in person.

nevermore13 on
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    I wonder if they'll have virtual concerts. Maybe a chance to get bands who don't normally get out to Seattle.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    IncreaseBlueIncreaseBlue Registered User regular
    Virtual concerts would be amazing! I really have enjoyed the collaboration videos like the big one the Seatbelts did performing Tank! Or the Animal Crossing theme composers.

• Options
    bacon_avengerbacon_avenger Defender of Pork Products Pacific NW, USARegistered User regular
    edited July 2020
    I mentioned it in the PA discord as well, but I'd love to see a printable badge so those of us who have the Wall Of Badges (tm) don't have an empty spot :D

Hmm, how about that idea for forum badges as well @kropotkin, we design one and just make it available in PS/PDF/vector so it can be printed up?

bacon_avenger on
    PAX Prime 2022 Checklist:[ ]Hotel [ ]Time Off [ ]Bobcats [ ]Challenge Coin [ ]Forum Badge
    eIMwu3s.png
  • Options
    MarinoMarino Giant Bomb Moderator / League of Heels Webmaster Macon, GARegistered User regular
    I mentioned it in the PA discord as well, but I'd love to see a printable badge so those of us who have the Wall Of Badges (tm) don't have an empty spot :D

Hmm, how about that idea for forum badges as well @kropotkin, we design one and just make it available in PS/PDF/vector so it can be printed up?

A Wall of Badges™ you say?

a9au8m9bz966.png

• Options
    bacon_avengerbacon_avenger Defender of Pork Products Pacific NW, USARegistered User regular
    Marino wrote: »
    A Wall of Badges™ you say?
    I bow and defer to my superiors, in both amount and presentation.

That is just awesome. :D

PAX Prime 2022 Checklist:[ ]Hotel [ ]Time Off [ ]Bobcats [ ]Challenge Coin [ ]Forum Badge
    eIMwu3s.png