As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Costume Fairy Adventures - The Great Pie Carper! [Now Playing!]

• Options
    The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    @Endlesss_Serpents becoming a bigfolk sounds like a big task! Bigger than you could acchvie just liek that. But it IS for a good cause. So!

New Shennagin: Become A Real Boy Girl - Successfully transform yourself into a big folk for the rest of the day. Five motes!
    (This is going to take some work to put togther... You'll need to acquire materials for magical fairy shenangins (or make some sort of horrifying golem out of a dress and who knows what to drive around and pretend is a bigfolk!) or just Wishful Thinking your way into it. If you can pull it off thoguh, you'll have an advantage for the rest of the day - fairy magic and costume ability packed into a big folk sized frame. Why you could eat SO MANY PIES)

Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • Options
    MaclayMaclay Insquequo Totus Es Unus Here and ThereRegistered User regular
    I'll keep the two I rolled, seems fair. Take back the magic and roll two more.
    Geth roll 2d6
    Magic=3
    The main thing I'm looking for is doubt, throw him off his game. Secondly, I'm prepping him to look into or be more accepting of the idea of adopting a pet. Let's see how that goes:

2d6 2 [2d6=1, 1]

• Options
    The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    Sweet! I'm not goign to make this an actual contest just yet, but you have indeed successfully challenged john. Go ahead and narrate things, and come up with a Temporary Quirk to bestow on him to reflect his new mindset. you've also scored a magic point, and i've gained a trouble dice for your roll of a 6.

Penguin's trouble dice: 4.

• Options
    Magic=4
    (OOC: I'll keep this short and simple to maintain the narrative for Bursar's follow-up)

John can barely comprehend what just happened, he had been certain of his merit mere minutes before but now he felt an odd sense of lacking. How could he ensure he was coming off the right way? He knew he was a good guy, but maybe Mae saw something different. Maybe he could do something to change his image?

[*] Temporary Quirk: Creeping self-doubt

• Options
    Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited June 2020
    [OOC: Forget that roll, it was terrible.

From a PM with the Penguin.

“When you're rolling: declare which stat your using. You want to roll equal to or below that stat to win.
    You can also tag quirks to add dice to this roll.

So here I would say you should use your highest stat (that's the funniest option), tag your Silver Tounge costume quirk, the centre of attention location quirk (your trying to create a spectacle!), Your schemer quirk and Tanya's overactive imagination quirk.

Which would give you 5 dice to roll and agaisnt a shine of 4.”

I’ll roll with Shine! Nefari is very magical and lucky and thinks that’s the same as being clever.

Geth roll 5d4 for Jealousy

This is just convincing her to go with the plan.]

Jealousy:
    5d4 14 [5d4=4, 1, 4, 4, 1]

Endless_Serpents on
  • Options
    @Endless - Sweet, you pass with flying colors. Go ahead and narrate how you convince Tanya to engage in this plan - upto and including her moving off to another location (such as the bakery), or similar. THE POWER IS IN YOUR HANDS.

• Options
    Nefari wiggles her eyebrows and Tanya for her mark smiles nervously. This goblin certainly sounds convincing...

Nefari takes her hand and drags her to the bakery.

“Don’t interrupt Tanya!”, Nefari says before she has a chance, “Right! I’ll hide evilly in this bush, and you go in there and say you’ve got a date with a beautiful traveller named... Irafen. They’re Welsh, probably.”

Wow! What a genius, they think, I bet no villain has ever disguised their name backwards like that!

Tanya steps in and says loudly, “I’ve absolutely got a date out of the blue and stuff. Guess I’d have to be convinced to go on a date with anyone else! Gosh.”

Tanya’s face is crimson. She’s never lied out loud like that.

In the meantime Nefari has a think on how to pull this off...

• Options
    Is anyone in the bakery? Is the right person in the bakery?

• Options
    edited June 2020
    (@Maclay - Fantastic. We'll count this as one success towards whichever John related shenanigan seems appriopate to you all to knock off first)

Penguin's trouble dice: 5 (Forgot i was on four and gained one from Maclay's roll!)

With the removal of Lemonly from his immediate sphere of attention, William resumes plan a: Sneak into the Rose Gables, and get a freaking drink. Normally such a thing would be being interfered with by Smithee Smith VI (A stickler for tradition. Every tradition. Such a stickler), and John.

But thanks to Thistle, John is currently having a quiet meltdown! This just IS NOT TRADTIONAL for john, so Smithee's been sufficiently distracted... and William succsefully slips into the Rose Gables. Wu-oh.

(@Lord Palington - If you choose to follow Bill now, you'll end up in The Rose Gables Inn:

Quirks The Gentrification Process, More Authentic than the Real Thing
    A village pub, formerly The Butchered Lamb. Khadija Shirazi and her wife Xiaoling, retiring young from successful careers as bankers in the capital, took over and renovated it into a splendid inn.

It's currently filled with non-contestants getting drunk and eating food... though the presence of bill is probably going to cause some grief. I'm adding a side shenanigan to here:
    Get your Tipsy game on: 2 motes. Successfully help Bill get a drink without being noticed by Khadija and Xiaoling)

Lemonly, John is a bit distracted right now. Thankfully, your excited blather catches his attention again. "Well, i thought i had to eat the most pies of anyone here..." Is he still talking about the pie competition?

New Shenanigan: Back on Track (2 Motes): Restore John's confidence by any means neccessary

Nefari, thanks to your efforts you've entered a New Location!

Well, a bush outside the new location. That counts in fairy logic - what Are locations anyway?

Also it's not actually new to you. Fairies LOVE pies (Food, but pies are the queen of foods in fairy eyes... unless it's cake. Perhaps Piecake is the emperor of foods), so you've all plundered a pie or two from here before. Best hope Mae doesnt notice you! She probably dosent want to be reminded of previous pie theivery. She KNOWs what fairies are like.

Quirks: So Many Pies yet Still Not Enough, Scene of a Previous Crime

It’d have a more interesting name, but thinking it up would have wasted precious baking time. Normally a utilitarian, well-ordered bread shop, today it is the nexus of a logistics nightmare. Sacks of ingredients, exhausted apprentices and makeshift ovens filled with pies litter the surrounds

Your mind fills with Evil Plans as you take in the bakery.

Side Shennagins:
    Pie-a-pult 2.0 (5 Motes) Using only materials obtained on-site, hit someone in the Village Square with a pie fired from the bakery
    Overtime Considered Harmful (5 Motes) Convince an overtired apprentice to do something deeply stupid and hilarious.

Mae is here, furiously working at making pies. She doesn't really register Tanya's remark, so focused is she on making pies, but that's okay. Tanya is convince it's a cutting blow, and one step closer to her dreams.

Mae Honeydew
    Pie Baker Extraordinaire, Not Having a Good Day
    Quirks: Artisan Baker, This Is the Most Important Day

Abilities: Pies Are My Life: +1 edge on any roll involving pies.

Side Shennagins:
    The Pie Price (5 Motes) Present Mae with a gift that adequately compensates her for past pie thievery
    With a Little Help… (5 Motes) Engineer a situation in which one or more of Mae’s friends can be genuinely supportive on her big day.

The Zombie Penguin on
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Sure that Tanya will be busy for awhile, the Power of Pies takes over.

Pie-a-pult 2.0 (5 Motes) Using only materials obtained on-site, hit someone in the Village Square with a pie fired from the bakery

Nefari hops through a window and begins work on a pie-a-pult. It just has to be done. Not so stealthily they start pull out pans and forks and anything they might be able to use to build it.

Endless_Serpents on
  • Options
    (@Endless - go ahead and roll here, tagging as many things as you can! In general, i invite and heavily encoruage people to roll at moment's notice - You win narrative rights, you get magic points, and it makes things that much more crazy)

• Options
    edited June 2020
    [OOC: I need to learn this system... So. Lets roll dice!

I’m going for the Craft facet... That’s 3. I want to roll less than that!

Using the personal Quirk: Schemer!
    Using both location Quirks: Scene of a Previous Crime

Also with a Devil Corset on I’m a capital T Troublemaker!

The way I see it I’ve got all the pies I need for the catapult, and I’ve definitely stolen from here before! I know where to get what I want.]

Geth roll 4d6 for Evil Invention

Evil Invention:
    4d6 17 [4d6=5, 3, 3, 6]

Endless_Serpents on
  • Options
    Quick correction - you can only use one quirk per source!

So One personal quirk, one costume quirk, one location quirk, one quirk from an oppent. If a fellow fairy is around, you can tag one of their quirks to assist as well. Given you're wearing the Devil Corset though, and it has the troublemaker quirk, keep the roll - You have 4 dice to roll in my book for this. You got a 3, so you just squeakd a win!

You also got a 6, so you now have 4 magic dice, and i've got 5 trouble dice to play with.

• Options
    ~{4}~ Magic Dice
    ~{2}~ Evil Plans
    ~1}~ Best Villain

Nefari quickly assembles a catapult that looks like it’ll last for one shot before it falls apart.

A spotty young apprentice walks into the kitchen.

“Quiet Daniel! I’ve got to think! Stop interrupting! Just who can I use this on? Actually, Daniel, help me get this out the window, please.”

Totally bamboozled, the apprentice (named Sharon) helps the goblin get their barely held together contraption outside.

Now... who’s looks like they need a pie to the face in the town square...

• Options
    Penguin's Trouble dice: 5.

You've successfully got the catapult outside, but wait! In your haste, you forgot something important: AMMO. To be fair, forgetting vital parts of a plan is a very fairy idiom.

(Quick reminder: 5 mote shenanigans need about 3 successful rolls to pull off. So you've got your catapult, but you're going to need to do a bit more work to claim the shenanigan. That said, if you can figure out how to get Sharon to load and fire it as well, i'll give you the Overtime considered harmful one as well!)

• Options
    “Daniel! Quickly, fetch me a pie! This is our new delivery service! You can’t expect to get all your pies out by hand! It’s so easy—wouldn’t want you to work too much!”, Nefari says as they make a ‘chop-chop get to work’ motion with their hands. What a Schemer!

Nefari’s red eyes glow for a moment... this guy is gonna need a little magic to motivate them! (Back to 3 magic points)

Nefari uses their Keen Senses to line up the catapult so it’ll hit some poor smuck (Harold Haroldson jr.) in the head as he stands in the town square.

This a Focus (2 or under) roll!

Geth roll 4d6 for Aim and Fire!

Aim and Fire!:
    4d6 12 [4d6=4, 2, 1, 5]

• Options
    (You totally coulda tagged troublemaker there as well! But well done! Narration rights are yours!)

• Options
    Nefari pats the apprentice on the back.

“Good job. I’ll see you get a raise.”, Nefari says proudly.

In the middle of town folks stop to stare at Harold Haroldson. The pie falls from his face.

He cries out, then falls to his knees, “Apple pie... Why did it have to be apple pie? Noooooo!”

At that moment Tanya steps back out, bemused.

“I think that worked? I’m sure it did! I could tell by how she didn’t say anything to me.”, she smiles, heart aflutter.

“Yup! Certainly possibly a yes to that.”, Nefari almost agrees, “No let’s get out of here. I’m going to need more than a costume change to pull this off! Take me to your house, Tanya

But Nefari already has her by the hand and is running down a hill before anyone gets what’s happened.

• Options
    edited June 2020
    NOT SO FAST, ENDLESS!

I'm going to spend one of my trouble die, dropping from 5 to 4 to Add a Complication. (This lets me "Yes, but..." your narration!)

Neferi was indeed running down hill with Tanya, and Tanya is in fact, still blissfully running down hill. Neferi, however, finds herself dangling by her devil trident in the hands of a very, very pissed off baker.

One Mae Honeydew, in fact. Uh-oh.

she's FURIOUS. "What. Did. You. DO. WITH. MY PIE!?" she roars at the tiny fairy in her hands.

(Well, i'm sure yopu'll be fine right?)

(also, everyone feel free to keep following your own plot threads, or respond to the commotion, etc!)

The Zombie Penguin on
  • Options
    BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    Magic: 3

Lemonly happened to see the crustastrophe that was inflicted on Harold Haroldson, Jr. from Nefari's pie-a-pult, and an idea begins to form.
    With a quick swap of accessories, she changes out of her Clockwork Couture and into her Nun's Habit using her Instant Wardrobe power!

Using a convenient tablecloth and a pencil, she sketches out a pie-rabola and begins making a cryptic set of calculations describing the trajectory of baked goods, factoring in gravity and wind resistance. It's barely comprehensible to her, so no human could possibly understand it.

I'm gonna make a Craft roll (target 4), tagging Lemonly's Know-it-All and the Nun's Habit's Mysterious Ways (because math is terribly mysterious)!

Geth, roll 3d6 for Thinkin' Hard!

Thinkin' Hard!:
    3d6 7 [3d6=2, 3, 2]

GNU Terry Pratchett
    PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    Spoilered until images are unborked. egc6gp2emz1v.png
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Excellent! I wasn't Contesting anybody (I don't think...?), so I'll go ahead and narrate what I'd like to happen and @The Zombie Penguin can let us know if it's all good.

Lemonly plots out complicated curves and lines and makes graphs and incidentally draws an impressively lifelike caricature of Harold at the moment of the pie's absolute detonation all over his face. When she's done, she has a completely accurate model of how pies move not just through space, but through time as well!

Lemonly gains the temporary Quirk: You've Done the Math, Haven't You?

Bursar on
    GNU Terry Pratchett
  • Options
    Lord PalingtonLord Palington he.him.his History-loving pal!Registered User regular
    Price is in the possession of 3 Magic Dice

Juke the small child, spin around the rather large dog, and truck the hummingbird and ... he's in! The inn! William seems to have made it in too, which is wonderful. It's not exactly how he drew the plan up on the rocks, some of the X's didn't quite make the moves they were supposed to, and the O's are just falling apart out there, but they're both in the inn, so it's time to improve ice!

Price catches Bill's elbow just as he's about to walk into the open and get spotted by the entree planners of the place. In the lowest, gruffest voice the elf can manage (which isn't low or gruff), "Bill, come with me or they'll find you!" The X's and O's are back in play now, and Price sees the angles and the angels. Slip behind a couple as they walk between the owners and the two co-perspirers, use a support column as cover, then to the last unfinished hallway of the restaurant to speak in secret.

The rest of the plan couldn't be simpler - get him a drink, convince him that the tax collectors are after him, then provide a way out by ducking into witness protection and out of the pie eating contest. Oh yeah, it's all coming together!

*Grace to move Bill to a secret spot while avoiding detection from the refs, start in on Bill's *
    *Tag Sophisticated Strategy (costume), Too Slick for this Town (Bill), The Gentrification Process (location, unfinished back room)*
    *+1 Edge from End Run (costume) - moving an object (Bill) from one place to another. If the owners have an Edge against Price, he gets an additional +1 Edge due to Protagonist Syndrome*

Geth, roll 4d6 for Quarterback Sneak to the Back Room

Quarterback Sneak to the Back Room:
    4d6 11 [4d6=1, 2, 2, 6]

SrUxdlb.jpg
  • Options
    Lord PalingtonLord Palington he.him.his History-loving pal!Registered User regular
    Price has found another Magic Die, bringing his total Magic Dice to 4. This of course triggers Newton's Lawsuit, granting The Penguin an additional Trouble Die to use against Batman.

Bill found himself getting roughly dragged through the room, zigging and zagging back and forth in a dizzying pattern. He kept up as best he could and found himself in a hallway still under construction and a small fae confiding in him.

"Look Bill - can I call you Bill? - Bill, you've got one friend in the world right now, and that's me. There's a whole lot of affection on you, and that's dangerous for someone in your possession. I can tell you're nervous, and I can tell you're not sure what to do next. Let me get you a drink, then I'll fill you in." Price gives Bill an exaggerated conspiratorial wink, then heads back out in search of an empty mug to bring back.

SrUxdlb.jpg
  • Options
    Magic=4
    Above perches the particularly precious pecan pie as she ponders the possibilities pertaining to perhaps procuring that which would please her palate. An ally potentially in need of assistance though? If she were to do something big, cause something distracting enough... "I think they can probably take care of themselves. Still, I like the idea of doing something big anyway, and that statue could use a makeover, for which I would require supplies..." Pies, on a large table with a large table cloth, maybe some shiny metal cutlery? "...Yes, I think so." Thistle calls on the strength offered by her costume, her inner moxie, and the sneakiness required to get away with such a brazen stunt. Even if it didn't work, maybe it would cause a kerfuffle. "Easy as pie" she smiles, as she attempts to steal the whole darn table

(I'm tagging Sneaky and More powerful than a locomotive and throwing in a Magic! for luck)

Geth roll 4d6 for Grand Theft Table

Magic=3

Grand Theft Table:
    4d6 13 [4d6=4, 2, 4, 3]

• Options
    edited June 2020
    Edit: (I'll put this in here now so as no one's waiting on me - happy to retcon this course of events if Thistle ran into any Trouble pulling this off)

Utilizing the noise of the crowd as cover for the heist, Thistle drags the table between two buildings and out of sight. She grabs a slice of pie to munch on and starts pulling the table apart. "Putting these wings back together is gonna be the tough part. Not exactly my forté, have to take my time and really focus on getting it right. Measure twice. Cut once." She takes another bite of pie, "I like pie."

Maclay on
  • Options
    Hahahaha, this is all fantastic so far.

So i'm back up to 5 trouble dice. I'll post properly in a bit, i need to have a think on how i want to juggle these, and introdcue some more npcs. You're all doing fantastic though! Nothing's popped up... yetr

Quick note: @Lord Palington i'm giving you the Temporary Quirk of Extra Sneaky Offense for your excellent display of sneaking prowess. Bursar, i approve of the quirk.

Maclay, it's vastly funnier if thistle somehow stole an entire table without any trouble despite everything, so you definitely did not run into any trouble what soever (I mean, allison probably saw you, and thought it was HILARIOUS, so she let it go)

• Options
    Nefari continues to swing their legs despite being in the air. It’s good to check you haven’t just started flying. It could happen.

“Strictly speaking I didn’t fire the pie Griselda. It is Griselda, right? You look like a Griselda. Or a Travis.”, inquires Nefari.

• Options
    (Also, apologies all - it might take me a day or two to update this - real life stress is getting to me, sadly! But there WILL BE MORE. SOON)

• Options
    (OOC, thanks for bearing with me everyone! I had some really attrocious sleep and real life stuff and argh. hard to keep upa chipper fairy mindset you know?)
    Penguin's trouble dice:5

Neferi, the last thing you manage to see after those unwise words are Mae's eyes widening with fury... only for her to stop looking at you, piviot like some sort of Pie-Avenging-Robot-Terminator, and take off running towards the village square

(Invoking Mae's Pievenger ability, and spending 2 trouble dice on it!)

Most of the villagers only see some sort of Chef-shaped blurr plow through the sqaure, resolving into a brief after image of Mae as she stops, grabs Lemonly out of the air, and vanishes again, this time headed for the newly dubbed Pie-Crime Alley

Pie Crime Alley
    Quirks: Scene of a crime to be, Not Much of an Alley

Actually just the space between the town hall and Jack Pratt's house/the inventors lab, it probably doesn't even deserve to be called an alley - not that that will stop thistle from giving it an ominous name

So now, Thistle finds herself mid-pie eating as she stares down a rather unamused Mae who's dualwielding both Neferi and Lemonly.

"What. Did. You. Do. To. My. Pies" Mae grates out.

Uh-oooooooh.

(Lord Paddington, i'll catch up with your character in a little bit - i need a bit more time to think what to do)

• Options
    A cunning plan is in order. Nefari will not be caught by the pie-lice! Heh. The pie-lice, like police but for pies. What a genius.

[OOC: I’m at sea so I’ll lose signal again in a sec. I’ll post tomorrow! Probably!

If I don’t Nefari has vanished, and I’ll roll to find out what the consequences of that is later!]

• Options
    (If she's vanished, or if any of you go on break, what i'll do is just roll and declare that you wandered into X part of the village at random, in a bout of highly distracted fairyness. This will absolutely not make things more chaotic and more likely the entire village is a pie-smeared mess by the end of things).

• Options
    Magic Dice: 3

"Eep!"
    Lemonly certainly wasn't expecting to be rudely snatched up in the middle of a festival when she was just minding her own business (for the past couple of moments, anyway), but after seeing Nefari in her assailant's other flour-speckled fist she manages to put two and two together.

"Unhand me, madam! We are invited guests of the village! Furthermore, I think we may be very close to making a breakthrough here that will solve all your worries regarding this festival; to whit, you may not have to bake another pie ever again!"

GNU Terry Pratchett
  • Options
    Mae takes a moment to process this and [/right]just looks[ i]baffled[/i]. So baffled, she temporarily stops being mad.

"But... i like baking!" she pauses and remembers that that's hardly problem. "When fairies arent eating my pies!" she says angrily!

• Options
    "Oh, of course you can still bake all the pies you want to! But you don't have to bake the pies you don't want to, either.
    "Or, you bake one pie you don't want to, and then never bake it again."

Lemonly gesticulates at the tablecloth. "We may be on the cusp of unlocking...
    (pause for dramatic effect)
    ...The eternal pie."

She lets this announcement have a proper moment of silence before continuing. "Don't you want to be there when it happens? Would you like your pie to be the pie on which all others are judged, from now until the end of time?"

GNU Terry Pratchett
  • Options
    Nefari, who is sat crossed legs despite being held in midair, is watching Lemonly with opera glasses.

“Honestly that’s a really good point.”, she says, “Makes sense. Don’t you want to do what you want? Why make ten boring pies to meet demand when you can make the pie? Your pie, for you? And honestly why do everything for everyone else, they should be doing things for you! You’re practically in charge around here, why not dethrone the king?!?! With a moon laser?! Or... you know, make a nice pie just for you.”

• Options
    edited June 2020
    ...Okay, so, I now have to introduce a new core shenanigan at this point, because Bursar's accidentally managed to invoke one from later in the carper. which is utterly hilarious (I am having a giggle fit) and entirely on point for fairies (Who clearly do not respect a linear view of time.)

Core Shenanigan: Quality over Quantity (2 Motes per ingredient)
    Convince Mae to prove her artisan status by baking the best damn pie ever. You should provide five surprising but delicious ingredients for the cause. Gain 2 Motes per ingredient, to a maximum of 10 Motes. (Treat this as five
    separate minor Shenanigans that add up to a single major Shenanigan.)

I'm going to add an extra 5 mote rider to this:

The Eternal Pie - Having gathered the ingredients, provide Mae with enough fairy magic and help to ensure this truly is the Eternal Pie

---

Mae seems... intrigued at this. "I... i admit, i am behind on the amount of pies needed for the competition. Even more behind now that i've had to chase you all!" she glares.

---
    @Lord Palington

For Price's part, he's now found himself inside the Rose Gables Inn. All of the previous location stuff still applies, but there's two NPCs of note here. Otherwise, everyone is drunk and happy - stealing a drink for Bill shouldn't be too hard!

Rose Carter
    Heiress of the Pasture, VII’s Girlfriend
    Quirks:Born to Rule, Extra Super Duper Fit
    Ability:Attack Their Strengths: Rose may use her opponents’ Quirks to grant dice to her own or VII’s rolls with even the most absurd or flimsy pretext.

An extraordinarily fit young woman, raised by her mother Allison to feel a keen sense of duty and compassion towards the common folk of the world. She plans on being the next mayor, and to send VII out to the fields in her stead (she’s sure he could manage the constant training, hundred mile runs and night-time ambushes demanded by her mother’s shepherding method). She hasn’t yet announced her intentions, but the aggressive helpfulness of a born politician is perfectly obvious

Shennagins:

Kissing Hands and Shaking Babies (5 Motes): Create a high-profile disaster for Rose to take the lead in fixing.
    Non-core Promise (5 Motes): Extort some ridiculous Fae Oath from Rose, to be fulfilled after her inevitable rise to power.

Smithee Smith VII
    Petulant Young Man, Rose’s Boyfriend

Quirk: Whatever My Father Wouldn’t Do
    Ability: First Gentleman: +1 edge whenever following Rose’s “suggestions”.

Smithee is an adult in years (just) but has a lot of growing up to do. His rebellious phase is painful to behold, involving exaggerated outdoorsman gear and a laughable attempt at facial hair. To be fair, given his name, family history and overbearing father, he needs to rebel particularly hard if he’s to escape his destiny as a blacksmith in favour of a pastoral life with Rose.

Shennagins:
    Refusal of the Call (5 Motes: Demonstrate conclusively to Smithee Smith VI that his son is the unluckiest and/or worst smith ever.
    Scapegoatee (5 Motes) Get that ridiculous excuse for a beard off VII’s face.

The Zombie Penguin on
  • Options
    Magic=3

"Behind??" Thistle strikes a pose with a sly grin, "No citizen, I think you are in fact ahead. Diligent Baker of Pies, we have now proven to you our elite skills and as such we can get down to the business at hand. We, and a certain someone else, you know to whom I refer, yes, of course you do, are all about making sure today is your best day ever." She gestures at her allies. "Friends! The test is passed and we all know what needs be done! Dear Supplier of Pies, we will leave you to your obligations at this juncture, unless you have any special requests of course- as you have seen we are quite capable."

• Options
    edited June 2020
    (Maclay, can you elborate bit on what you're trying to get out of mae here? I'm a bit fuzzy brained sorry!)

Edit: I'm also awarding you the one mote shennagin of "Confused the GM as much as the NPC would be"

The Zombie Penguin on
  • Options
    Also, just some bookkeeping:

You've all togthter collected six motes so far. (This means nothing except a good way of tracking the general level of chaos caused. Good job!)
    1/3 checks have been passed to get Tanya on a date with someone else
    1/3 checks have been passed towards something involving John, although what precisely is unclear (Seemingly getting him a pet!)
    The Pie-a-pult 2.0 shenanigan has been successfully compeleted.

Mae's currently Very Unamused with the fairys (also confused, but i think that's the groundstate of anyone dealing with fairies), and the Village square is distracted laughing/confused about the fate of poor Harold Haroldson jr. (Who, if they come up again, has the Temporary Quirks of "Pie'd" and "Didn't see it coming".)

Tanya is off at her shop/house, mortified about her own lie and also totally on board with this Make Mae Jealous plan.
    Bill has been successfully snuck into the Rose Gables
    John is having creeping self doubt (And has the temporary quirk of Creeping Self Doubt. Good work, Thistle!)
    Price has gained the temporary quirk of Extra Sneaky Offense, and Lemonly has the temporary quirk of "They Did the Math"

• Options
    Aside from getting Mae off our back for the moment, I'm laying the framework for the With a Little Help shenanigan and maybe to get some some idea which romantic prospect currently has her eye should we need it. Anything else is just flavour