As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The [Overwatch] Thread: June Joust Starts May 21

• BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    Yeah, excellent plays from almost everyone on the field.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • KanaKana Registered User regular
    edited June 2020
    This is a fun meta

Impactful dps, no real killer combos that teams are required to build around, double barrier is now fragile enough to still keep things dynamic, and still a respectable amount of off meta stuff and dive comps

Kana on
    A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
    A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    Great weekend of matches. Plenty of stinkers but the good ones were REAL good.

LAV/FLA on Rialto was one of the best maps I've seen in some time. Too bad that Echo, Brig, D.va, and Sombra are back in next week cause that "meta" was pretty dang fun.

• BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    New experimental card:
    Ashe

Dynamite

Cooldown increased from 10 to 12 seconds

Brigitte

Repair Pack

No longer grants an additional armor health pool when healing full health targets
    Barrier Shield

Maximum health increased from 200 to 250
    Regeneration rate decreased from 100 to 85 health per second
    Cooldown when destroyed increased from 3 to 5 seconds

D.Va

Fusion Cannons

Movement penalty reduced from 50 to 40%
    Defense Matrix

Cooldown reduced from 1.5 to 1 second
    Micro Missiles

Activation delay reduced from 0.5 to 0.25 seconds

Junkrat

Concussion Mine

Trigger delay reduced from 0.156 to 0.1 seconds
    RIP-Tire

Time to take control of Junkrat post detonation has been reduced from 1.5 to 0.9 seconds

The D.Va buffs seen unnecessary and Brig losing the overheal is huge.

That Brig overheal nerf is pretty massive. What if instead, it just replaced HP with armor instead of adding it on top? Get the benefits of armor without totally needing the ability.

• DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    I really don't mind the overheal removal.

It was cool but tbh its short duration meant it was only really useful when cheesed. And she still has it in Rally.

Also...funny thing about the Genji buff. I think it only made him decent as an individual character.

But Genji hasn't been meta in so long I think people forgot how terrifying nanoblade is.

• SixshotStrikerSixshotStriker Registered User regular
    As someone who has died to multiple nanoblades in the past week alone, I'm going to say no to that. People have not forgotten how terrifying it is.

edited June 2020
    We've got a 4 stack going right now if anyone else feels like jumpin' on

kana#12104

Kana on
    To the PA crew. Power to my neighborhood just went out.

Rip.

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited June 2020
    I don't know why I see a lot of just bad players or people with I would say not new accounts that just suck
    I would blame account selling but I don't even know that is a thing anymore Anyways this is a great example of the lack of teamwork I deal with in games
    https://youtu.be/PFcdt2Rj6Wk

Brainleech on
    To the PA crew. Power to my neighborhood just went out.

Rip.

Sad day. Internet troubles aplenty tonight.

• WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular

You let one get away!

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
    It's not my fault he was just coming out of spawn!

• CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular

You let one get away!

My concern was that all five of the shattered players were in a straight line and E was not pressed. Think of the cool factor!
    Coinage wrote: »

Sounds about right

• CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular

Mayhem graphic designer Antwon assaulted her at the 2019 grand finals.

• miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
  • Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    damn, good on them for their extraordinarily fast response

Florida really turning the corner as a whole. Team is performing well, social media is fun, management seems to be handling stuff well, new colors are dank.

This proceeded exactly as planned
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldAOZ_HEteY

Looks like someone flipped the switch on the Overwatch servers

Ya I keep chain crashing trying to rejoin

There is maintenance going on so I guess something blew up.

Oh, I thought it was just me.

• PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular
    edited June 2020

Politician uses ShockTheWorld hashtag.
    Accidental free OW publicity :P

Edit: aw boo, the embedded version doesn’t have the logo.

v5v89ni11j6c.jpeg

Perrsun on
  • AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular

The D.Va buffs seen unnecessary

Over the last month she's got the worst tank pick rate from Plat to GM and the worst tank win rate from Diamond to GM (second worst in Plat)

She doesn't have a win rate over 50% in any rank other than GM, and it's barely over it there.

She was doing well in OWL when she wasn't banned (though I suspect double shield will be the meta even without pools this weekend), but if you're not running a 6 stack that you've scrimmed for 60 hours a week she's kinda trash right now.

I can't even play her in QP without getting asked/yelled at to switch at the moment.

The buffs don't help anyway, Sigma still Rocks her at will and shrunken 10 metre DM means that a second barrier is better 100% of the time.

ZD98Zka.png
    edited June 2020
    Bring back super jets Dva!

Edit: vroooooom

WiseManTobes on
  • DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    D.Va problem is that Sigma does like 80% of what she wants to do but better.

Buffing DM and her lethality to accentuate her role as a highly mobile dive tank is probably best.

I really think she needs 15 metre DM and her armor back, plus Rock needs to be eatable.

If they did that and toned down the level of poke damage in the game, a second shield might go from 'always better' to 'sometimes better'.

ZD98Zka.png
    Holy shit Yaki's Genji is disgusting

ZD98Zka.png
  • Rock Lobster!Rock Lobster! Registered User regular
    Steam | BNet: Eits#1367
    edited June 2020
    Genji's back in the meta, hold onto yur butts

Kana on
    It's an exciting time.

The interesting part with both Genji and Tracer getting a lot of play is what happens if Brig gets nerfed

She's still OK as anti-dive, but she's even better at enabling dive thanks to her overheal.

So will removing the overheal and making Brig worse end up nerfing the dive heroes, or will it balance out with them not having to deal with Brig healing their dive targets?

Tracer was still being used without Brig. I think dive comps will be slightly worse, but should still be viable if the team's good enough at it.

Shock vs Fusion
    SF is straight up exposing Philly here. They're just walking all over them.

Toilet Bowl let's gooooo

Well, 'Operation Make Genji Meta Even if It Makes Him Massively Overpowered' has been a great, "success".

I was never a big proponent of the theory that OWL harms the ladder game, but it's pretty obvious that the Genji buffs were solely because he's fun to watch and nothing to do with balance. He wasn't great before this but he was stilll better than like half the DPS roster. Now he's just bonkers.

ZD98Zka.png
This discussion has been closed.