As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[FFBE] THIS THREAD IS DEAD, LONG LIVE NEW THREAD

• LorekLorek Registered User regular
    At least Dark Visions is coming with Raid. Every time we do one of these, I end up blowing like 20 million+ gil in enhancements and leveling of units.
    Already enhanced some of Ignacio and Elly in preparation for the fire and magic stage.

• CruorCruor Registered User regular
    maraji wrote: »
    Cruor wrote: »
    I'm happy about Sieg's Latents. I can already max out his DEF and HP, and now it'll be easier to do while also getting more SPR. I just wish we got more than 1/2 latents per month.

I finally got a good roll on Quistis' STMR, +25% MAG +10% HP. In trying to get that roll I got the rare four times. Why is the whip rare so bad? Are whips just so good of a weapon type that they felt the need to take them down a peg?

I’ve gotten the freaking whip rare twice and no better than 15% total mag. Bleh

My highest MAG roll before that last run was I think 13% total with a 12% HP on top. It was certainly OK, but I wanted good damn it! You'll get there. Let my good RNG flow through you.

So I just noticed, but Gumi is doing something weird with Dark Visions. Fire, lightning, water, and dark make it look like we're getting the 5th DV set from the JP version.
    But the 5th JP version scoring dropped Damage Taken and Turns Taken for # of Element Weakness Attacks and # of LB Used. Whereas the news for us is just swapping Turns Taken for # of # of Element Weakness Attacks.
    So it's not a 1:1 copy anymore; at least scoring wise.

• Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    I haven't even gotten the whip yet. Still only at 500K. Really need the anniversary to blow things way open or I'll probably be done. Awesome unit design units and info on NV in global would be a good start.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
    Yeah, DV being shaken up is interesting. It's kinda nice not following JP 100%.

I really hope the anniversary is good. 4th anniversary in JP was unimpressive, but if I remember correctly they did get free prisms for all of the Esper units that were released during it. Maybe, if we do get the unit design contest units, they'll give us free prisms for them. I wouldn't count on it, but it would be very nice.

Yeah, DV being shaken up is interesting. It's kinda nice not following JP 100%.

I really hope the anniversary is good. 4th anniversary in JP was unimpressive, but if I remember correctly they did get free prisms for all of the Esper units that were released during it. Maybe, if we do get the unit design contest units, they'll give us free prisms for them. I wouldn't count on it, but it would be very nice.

Oh man, that would be amazing.
    Especially since there's what.. 6 of them, I think? Tank, Physical DPS, Magic DPS, Debuffer, Buffer, Healer I think were the categories.
    So in JP, the original esper unit banners were 4 rainbow banners (Rain, Fina, Sol, Akstar on one banner; Raegan, Charlotte, Lasswell, Physallis on a second banner). If they did ours as two triple banners and then gave out a free prism for all six, I'd be down with that. Of course, that's because I kind of want all of them... or at least all the Moogle-based ones (and King Behemy, duh).

I could see how that might be less exciting if you weren't really interested them, though.

One run through for Quistis STMR got 30% Mag. Good enough for me.

Threw 2 tickets from the mk event at the Xenogears banner. Back to back Rainbows, Ignacio #5 and Maria #1. Now Gumi, add the f’n prisms.

• TipharesTiphares Registered User regular
    edited June 2020
    Rumblings on reddit are that they fixed Rico's magus ability to properly chain and not cast twice because of DW. They also raised the mod to 80x to compensate. So, basically, his damage is the same, but he's easier to use and weave into other chains. Just in time for DV! I'll take it!

edit: Also, maintenance quick peak looks like there will be "consecutive login day tickets" for the 4th anniversary. Maybe like last year?

Tiphares on
    It's confirmed that the anniversary is starting on the 29th, along with a video announcements of what that all entails.

I used my collab ticket + omniprism + STMR Moogle on Elly (I had over 400 STMR tickets and her STMR is really really good). I fully enhanced her and she should be ready to go. In playing around with her gear, she is super easy to cap MAG on and in some instances (external imbue) she doesn't need her trust mastery passive at all, making it easier to stack LB damage and killers on her. Hopefully she helps me with the magic stages this go around.

edited June 2020
    Woo bugs all around. That'll teach Gumi to try and put together their own mismash of Dark Visions missions and stages.
    Looks like every score is rated a C? Or at least perfect/near perfect.
    Also, looks like Rounds Used is still being penalized even though it's not in the scoring system.

Edit: Day 1 was a success, thanks to Elly. Ignoring the bogus -1000 points for "round 2" on the two mage fights; perfect scores on all five stages.

Lorek on
    I did the first DV fight, got a perfect score, the game locked up and I had to hard close the app. I think I'll wait a bit before going forward, especially if the scoring parameters are bugged and I'd just have to rerun the stages anyway.

Here is a thread of useful info for DV. The first reply has a link to a list of sources for different killers:

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/gs2u3x/useful_dv_info/

I'm going to eventually be updating the OP, so I'll add this link to that as well.

First set of DV down, will be max score on everything once they fix the turn count bug. Feels really nice to have the ability to push the magic stages. Now the only puzzle piece I am missing for pure DV dominance is MMXon.

• ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    2nd MK ticket was Ace #4. Are there any good mages that use throwing weapons? CG Ace will when he's released, but I doubt I'll pull for him.

Zomro wrote: »
    2nd MK ticket was Ace #4. Are there any good mages that use throwing weapons? CG Ace will when he's released, but I doubt I'll pull for him.

It's pretty great on FWPhysalis, and the rare helps solve some of her bulk issues. My FWPhysalis uses it along with the Wind Sprite Spear.

Zomro wrote: »
    FWPhysallis too I believe.

Well, if I ever get FW Physalis I'll have a good weapon for her

One of the FFVIII special tickets dropped as a rainbow. I now have a Seifer. His TMR seems pretty good.

I've been throwing random tickets at the Just Cause banner because of the 10% rainbow rate and got two back to back rainbows today - the first was Kimona Ayaka#5 and the second was King Edgar#2, which is nice. Got the 5* ex from the raid box and it gave me Lulu#3.

• marajimaraji Registered User regular
    I've been throwing random tickets at the Just Cause banner because of the 10% rainbow rate and got two back to back rainbows today - the first was Kimona Ayaka#5 and the second was King Edgar#2, which is nice. Got the 5* ex from the raid box and it gave me Lulu#3.

I’ve been throwing random tickets at the Just Cause banner because of the 10% rainbow rate and got nothing.

Haha they suspended DV#3 because of the scoring issues. Guess that's what they get for never QA testing their shit. Some sort of compensation is being discussed but who knows what that will be.

I wonder if that means a bunch of people just got a bunch of free DV materials, tickets, and a UoC ticket if you scored high enough.
    I was able to clear all of area 2 before it went down; so I got up to like 1,000,000 in the individual rank rewards. If that all gets reset, I guess I get to keep it. Muwhahahaha, thanks Gumi.

5* ticket from the raid box was Tsukiki #4; a nice new rod just in time for Item World to be over. Oh well.

I didn't get a chance to do the second day of DV, but they should let people keep the individual rewards for having done it. They could include in the compensation those rewards for everyone, or even for anyone who didn't do the second stage so everyone is on equal footing there. Either would be fine.

I guess a video is up. Anniversary going to be really spread out due to covid. 11 rainbow summon plus 100% stmr moogle is nice. WotV stuff next, which means unit design stuff pushed back probably.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vziUF5nn3yA

Big points (keep in mind this may change, or may be based on shoddy communication, so grain of salt for it all) :

Due to COVID-19, anniversary celebration will be spread over the next three months.
    Phase 1 - this month - Amazing enhancements, half energy campaign. We get tickets based on our number of login days - we get these tickets on the 29th. No word on how.many login days/ticket, however. There are three types of tickets used on three banners with curated pools, and each ticket gives 10 pull to its corresponding banner. The third ticket/banner is GLEX units, including time limited units.

The 11xRainbow pull + STMR Moogle banner is amazing, especially since we are getting 5k free Lapis as a login bonus on the 29th.

We are gonna get tickets to exchange for old event equipment. No idea what equipment will be available, but I'm sure there's gonna be some great stuff for passive evade/provoke.

edited June 2020
    In game news announcement details how many tickets we'll be getting based on total login days

1-365 = 1 additional ticket each
    366-730 = 2 additional tickets each
    731-1095 = 3 additional tickets each
    1096+ = 4 additional tickets each.

We're also getting these 10 summon tickets as part of login rewards, the first one coming on day 7. I'm betting we'll get one for the second banner after that, and again later for the third.

Based on my reading, the extra tickets for login days, it's 1 of each of the 3 banners. So, using myself as an example, I'll be getting 4 additional I, II, and III tickets, totaling 12 10 summon tickets. Those 10 summons will be mostly 3* and 4* units, sure, but 120 free summons is pretty nice.

There are going to be bundles that include exchange tickets for the 5* units on the curated banners. Not sure if the bundles will be for cash or Lapis, but I'm leaning towards cash. It does say which units can be exchanged for, so that looks like the curated 5*s for each banner.

And some bonus news that wasn't on the video (unless I'm dumb and missed it), all inventory is getting increased on 07/02. Maybe this isn't a surprise (did JP did thia for their 4th anniversary?), but it's news to me.

-Base item, equipment, material and ability inventory going from 300 to 900
    -Base unit inventory going from 150 to 500

That's cool

Zomro on
    Looks like the bundles Monday have a select ticket for some good units. MMX is the prize for me, but we'll have to see what the cost is. If it's 5K lapis or something, it's a no brainer. But if it's cash, I'll have to pass. If these bundles had been around during DV #1 maybe, but I'm so close to quitting, I'm not sure getting MMXon is enough to pull me back in.

Week 1 notable units: Paladin Cecil Crown prince noctis Cloud ff7 AC

Week 2 notable units: Rikki FFX-2 Mastermind xon

Week 3 is the most interesting as there are quite a few time limited units: Levinson Lucas Karten Godrea Xuan Wu & Qing Long Emperor foo Mastermind xon

edited June 2020
    MMXon is 100% the prize. Lucas is on par with PCecil and hopefully gets enhancements around Christmas that solidify his supremacy. He is limited so it's safer to go for PCecil. However, there's a good chance King Behemy could be a dual tank who can cover both physical and magical (the art from the artist used both tank symbols, so maybe Gumi will take the hint) so he may become the tank supreme.

XWQL is also a great unit for DV for those who skipped them, like me. However, we have more option for magic scaling physical damage now with Elly/Quistis, and the next FFT0 banner should be soonish, so I wouldn't put them as high as I once would in the priority list. I'd be delighted to pull them with one of the gifted tickets, but I don't know if I'd use a select ticket on them, especially with MMXon being right there.

Cruor on
    Used my 10+1 and two 5* EX tickets. Got Ignis #4 (technically#3, but I UoC'd a prism for him), Orders Nichol #2 and Chocobo Fina #3. Pretty good.

• DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    Used my 3 anniversary tickets for this week. Total haul: Firion #4. That's it.

I sure feel rewarded!

Steam ID: Right here.
    I got one 5* from four of the Next Era tickets. A bit disappointing, but bit too surprising. There's still one more to get from log in rewards and I do have four more tickets of the next two banners, so hopefully I'll get some more 5*. With the 11 5* summon, my haul today was:

-CG Tidus #1
    -A. Fry #4
    -Jecht #6
    -Madam Edel #1
    -Archmage Kefka #2
    -Diabolos Sol #2
    -CG Squall #1
    -Sweet Nichol #1
    -Auron #2
    -Kimono Ayaka #3
    -CG Onion Knight#2

Any of the first copies worth UoCing? I waa tempted to grab CG Squall's prism, but I heard he's kind of meh, even with his GL buffs.

edited June 2020
    I would save your UoCs honestly.

Out of the 4th anniversary tickets I got Radiant Lightning#3, which is very nice. One more for a pretty rad STMR.

I decided to do both the 11 pull and grab the omniprism bundle. The 11 pull results were:

Livid Shantotto#4
    DM Exdeath#3
    Irvine#1
    Yuffie#3
    Shadowlord#5
    Sol#3
    NG Jake#4
    Medeina#2
    Yego#2
    NE Hope#4
    Machina#6

Three pretty good STMRs out of that bunch, and Irvine is pretty cool to have as well.

From the omniprism bundle, including the premium 10+1s and the two 5* ex tickets:

Squall#8
    WH Raegen#1 and #2
    Monk Sabin#3
    CG Cid#3

All in all a very good haul. Super happy about having WH Raegen, I could not level/pot him fast enough.

Cruor on
    I got a WoL Bartz #3 from my 4 anniversary tickets of meh. Was hoping for a Cecil.

Guaranteed 11 rainbows were:
    Asura Akstar #1
    Lunafreya #4
    Morgana #9
    Esther #7
    Monk Sabin #3
    WoL Krile #3
    Shadowlord #12 (GO THE FUCK AWAAAY ... or have an uber NV awakening, one or the other)
    AC Cloud #3
    Awakened Rain #6
    AWoL #4
    CG Lightning #5

Omni-prism bundle rainbows:
    Asura Akstar #2 (ruh?)
    Chocobo Fina #3
    Mediena #8
    Kimono Ayaka #8

Tempted to UoC AC Cloud for the STMR and then omni-prism+STMR Moogle Eleven for his sword and go just full e-peen. Maybe once Item World comes back if we don't see anything else interesting.

• CraigopogoCraigopogo Registered User regular
    Infernal Rain #2 was my only rainbow from 4 anniversary tickets. Took ten minute to fuse up the rest of the units I got; I really wish they'd make that easier.

I'll wait till tonight to pull. Morning pulls have been terrible for months now. Not sure I get the bundles though. Folks on reddit made it sound like a UoC type thing. You get a new era UoC ticket to pick from the list. But given the 1 banner and it looks like it's 5* colored, I'm guessing the $25 bundle is just a 1 in 20 chance of getting a 5* unit?

Trajan45 wrote: »
    I'll wait till tonight to pull. Morning pulls have been terrible for months now. Not sure I get the bundles though. Folks on reddit made it sound like a UoC type thing. You get a new era UoC ticket to pick from the list. But given the 1 banner and it looks like it's 5* colored, I'm guessing the $25 bundle is just a 1 in 20 chance of getting a 5* unit?

Coloring is admittedly dumb, but it's a UoC ticket. You can swap it in the Exchange Shop for one of the units on the list.

• marajimaraji Registered User regular
    11 rainbow pull was great:
    Vivi #2
    Ardyn #1 & #2
    Doc Aiden #1

Machina #5
    Sol #5
    SP Tidus #1
    Beryl #4
    Bartz #4

Shadow #2
    Wiz Shantoto #5

Might be UoCing Doc Aiden. I just got Rena, but I don’t have any triple white magic healers.

Saving the tickets for the kids to pull later. Unsure about any of the other bundles.

• DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    Tried the 11 rainbow summon.

Morgana 3
    Nalu 3
    Palom&Porom 1
    Crown Noctis 3 and 4 (STMR, nice)
    Odin Raegen 1
    Alexander Charlotte 1
    Nichol in boxers 3
    Sylvie 6
    MM Xon 2
    Dark Knight Leon 3

So, not bad. I got Xon, and I got a very nice STMR sword to run next time IW is a thing.

Steam ID: Right here.
  • ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    NV ticket rainbows: CG Terra #3, Elena #5, ShivaLasswell #1, CG WoL #2

11 rainbow pull: OK Refia #3, Nalu #5, CG Terra #4, CG Shantotto #2, Auron #2, Myra #4, Rivera #4, CG Lasswell #6, Awakened Rain #2, WoL Krile #1, Sweet Luka #2.

Omniprism bundle tickets: CG Firion #1, Malphaisie #1, Summer Folka/Citra #3, Ardyn #3.

That was an absolute truckload of rainbows. Some nice STMRs in the bunch, too.

Lorek wrote: »
    Trajan45 wrote: »

Coloring is admittedly dumb, but it's a UoC ticket. You can swap it in the Exchange Shop for one of the units on the list.

Ah ok. Man, I'll have to really think about this. It's hard for me to do anything but just log in each day. MMXon might make me care about DV again, but I'm not sure and $25.