As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Arknights] Drillelectric Banner & Paid Anniv G5*!

• Options
    FeldornFeldorn Mediocre Registered User regular
    I was having trouble with the daily, my brain isn't working well this morning.

Not my strat, but was easy and solid.

• Options
    LorekLorek Registered User regular
    edited June 2020
    Yeah, I have no Jessica or Gravel leveled because I have better operators... but that makes my DP costs too high. And Gravel can't be replaced with Red because that shield gives her the delay necessarily to stall for the DP build.

Edit: Figured it out; just had to say screw it and drop Myrtle out of the way and let two leak in the beginning and treat it as a Health 1 map. That gave me enough time and DP to stabilize and get a defense going.

Lorek on
  • Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    The daily:
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=uy2lIekr7hI

Dogs usually leak at the start with -DP because my Vigna is very weak but it still works.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Lorek wrote: »
    I have no Jessica or Gravel leveled because I have better operators...

Wat! Them be fightin' words.

Honestly I leveled Jessica to E1 52 for this. Gravel though, there isn't a 'better' Gravel because each Fast-Redeploy unit is unique.

Feldorn on
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Jessica has alternatives... but Gravel really doesn't have competition for her trick right now? Plus she's super common from recruitment. And it's a really good trick.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    Yeah, I guess "better" isn't really the right word. Higher rarity operators I guess? I didn't even know Gravel's S2 did that to be honest; Red's stun has always been my go-to when I need a quick re-deploy operator.
    Another one to add to the list.

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Red is crowd control. Gravel is for eating attacks.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    Kept pulling because gacha is blood, but also new and shiny, got SilverAsh + Angelina. I'm told they're amazing but only at max promotion, so that's something to look forward to I guess.

Pushed through to 1-10 and unlocked the chip stages + the event (and promoted Texas while I was at it, that skill two seems kinda nutty); is it worth it to do the event at all at my level or should I just keep focusing on the story and grinding exp/mats for leveling/promoting ops?

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2020
    i cleared today's daily with +150% hp, +100% atk, +50 atk speed

you need the normal DP gen so you can constantly sacrifice units to the elite casters
    95uqvq67xkge.png

ph blake wrote: »
    Kept pulling because gacha is blood, but also new and shiny, got SilverAsh + Angelina. I'm told they're amazing but only at max promotion, so that's something to look forward to I guess.

Pushed through to 1-10 and unlocked the chip stages + the event (and promoted Texas while I was at it, that skill two seems kinda nutty); is it worth it to do the event at all at my level or should I just keep focusing on the story and grinding exp/mats for leveling/promoting ops?

you could give it a try but it is very much an event aimed at players who are sitting on a roster of e2 units and are looking for a challenge

but if you can manage with the support contracts you might still be able to get some points and buy some materials or chips that will help you in promoting units

Orphane on
  • Options
    Yeah the event doesnt use sanity so cant hurt to try some and get a few points to buy stuff with.

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Back to breaking up rocks all day, going for my first M1 skill (Eyja's skill 3). This stuff is just so, so boring. Hate this aspect of gacha games quite a bit.

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Late-posting mine.

HGcBtuE.png

Sheesh the mages hit hard in this one. But they're tankable.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    Today was wretched, I dropped it to Risk 7 to avoid losing the will to live. Perfumer E1 Max dies in like an instant.

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    edited June 2020
    As always, Shinging let's me tank non-SuperSayian Bombtails. And Best Penguin laughs at 5 deploy limits.

jm1B2dg.jpg

Thought about doing it with no Snipers either, but Exia was too valuable. Deployed her first forward (she was able to kill the initial drones and crossbow men and survive) while the Fox, Penguin, and Murder Drones face backwards.

I really want my own Manticore. She's way too useful.

vagrant_winds on
  • Options
    unknown.jpeg

I love getting rewarded for doing dumb, unnecessary, random 10 pulls.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    After yesterday's nightmare clear, today was an uber breeze. It took over a full day in the rock mines, but I have my first M1 skill as of this morning, Eyja's skill 3, the volcano. Today's sanity went into working for more skill certs for all my newest people who aren't ready for prime time yet (SilverAsh, Saria, Blue Poison, Ptilopsis, and Specter). I'll miss all the bonus resources and availability for every resource level on everyday from Contingency once it's gone...

shoeboxjeddy on
  • Options
    Late, but the daily:
    https://youtu.be/wy_TTNsZlnw

tfw Myrtle is also your bomb sac

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    I meant to say, but forgot, part of the reason I spent a day on skill mat farming is when I was struggling to beat yesterday's Risk 8, I borrowed a Level 72, E2 SilverAsh... with skill rank 1. It made me want to cry.

• Options
    @Spectrum You have Gravel... but you sacrifice Myrtle?

• Options
    You have Gravel... but you sacrifice Myrtle?
    No one is above the mission

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    Well, that was Contingency Contract I guess. I will miss you event; you got me up to 100 RMA-70s and like 60 Polyester packs. Worth it.
    I will also miss the everything open and free 100 sanity. Sigh. Oh well.. Chapter 6 should give us a couple new stages that are more efficient for picking up some materials at least.

• Options
    Meteorite is cool and good. Wish I had her.

42v5oLR.jpg

• Options
    To prove I could while CC is still live.

BqbcKCC.jpg

Now I've done Week 1 Guardknights and Week 2 Casters.

• Options
    I didn't oneshot the daily today, but it wasn't too bad.

• Options
    Day 3....4? Whatever, day something of new gacha bliss, have managed to promote most of my main squad to E1 (Texas, Siege, SilverAsh, Saria, Blue Poison, Platinum, Amiya, Ptilopsis) by dutifully ignoring things like story progress in favor of sanity pot chugging and mat/LMD grinding. There's a few more I want to invest in (Project Red, Angelina, maybe Spectre and Liskarm, probably Gitano just cause I'm real light on casters), but I think I'm just about ready to actually play the game.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    The daily:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ig6QqjSoSn0

tfw risk 9 leaks less than risk 8

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    Saw a risk 20 with defenders + Siege and Fang.

• Options
    I gave up trying to Risk 20 myself. Got tired of RNG.

• Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    ph blake wrote: »
    Day 3....4? Whatever, day something of new gacha bliss, have managed to promote most of my main squad to E1 (Texas, Siege, SilverAsh, Saria, Blue Poison, Platinum, Amiya, Ptilopsis) by dutifully ignoring things like story progress in favor of sanity pot chugging and mat/LMD grinding. There's a few more I want to invest in (Project Red, Angelina, maybe Spectre and Liskarm, probably Gitano just cause I'm real light on casters), but I think I'm just about ready to actually play the game.

In general for the story up until chapter 5 you can easily get away with a good core of Elite 1 Level 50 or so Operators.

• Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
  • Options
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    I took a couple of runs at the specific Risk contracts in the non-daily CC and got some of them, but others I just seem to be a bit weak for still. That's fine, my lineup has massively grown in power since CC started. I actually have all the mats for Ifrit E2, which was shocking (I still need the dual chips and cash). Before that, I prepped everything but the Grindstone needed for Myrtle E2. She's been excessively important to all these tough levels, so that will be well worth it for the future.

What are your guys' MVPs for CC overall, do you think? I'd say...
    1) Eyja
    2) Myrtle
    3) Borrowed Apple Pie / Borrowed Hellagur (tie depending on the level)
    5) Texas
    6) Lappland
    7) Gravel
    8) Nearl
    9) Meteorite
    10) Shining

shoeboxjeddy on
  • Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    Spectrum wrote: »

Maggallan's come back around pretty fast for a solo banner character.

Also probably gonna skip this one to save for Blaze and just work on mats to E2 the cat. I'm like 80% of the way there already.

• Options
    I took a couple of runs at the specific Risk contracts in the non-daily CC and got some of them, but others I just seem to be a bit weak for still. That's fine, my lineup has massively grown in power since CC started. I actually have all the mats for Ifrit E2, which was shocking (I still need the dual chips and cash). Before that, I prepped everything but the Grindstone needed for Myrtle E2. She's been excessively important to all these tough levels, so that will be well worth it for the future.

What are your guys' MVPs for CC overall, do you think? I'd say...
    1) Eyja
    2) Myrtle
    3) Borrowed Apple Pie / Borrowed Hellagur (tie depending on the level)
    5) Texas
    6) Lappland
    7) Gravel
    8) Nearl
    9) Meteorite
    10) Shining

I think my two top are easily Myrtle and Hellagur. Myrtle is basically a must-have whenever the DP was reduced. I used Hellagur on basically every daily of the not-drone map. He's perfect to just stick in the corner and intercept the mages as they do their rotation and he can solo them no problem and doesn't need any other operators to help/heal him.

• Options
    One pull for a dupe Nightmare. I'll take it.

• Options
    Operators I used a lot were Myrtle, Siege, Eyja, SilverAsh, Istina, Saria, Gravel, Mousse.

• Options
  • Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    edited June 2020
    Mine was Saria, Silverash, Specter (probably the overall MVP tbh), and slightly behind those three, Hellagur. Myrtle was also very very useful.

That aside, I feel like Ifrit is in the certificate shop every other week at this point.

Knight_ on
    aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options

---

While everyone is playing guardknights, I'm apparently playing medicknights
    OTxGRF2h.jpg

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    chrono_travellerchrono_traveller Registered User regular
    Whelp, I wish I could done this sooner (as many of you have mentioned that she was super useful), but did my first promotion to E2 with Myrtle!

Also did a one pull on the banner and got a dupe Silence. Eh, I'll take it.

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett