As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

SE++ Minecraft: We're Still Here!

• Vrtra TheoryVrtra Theory Registered User regular
    It's actually the same IP - to be transported to the new map, you go to spawn and jump into the pond near the community beds and the bee hives.

Are you a Software Engineer living in Seattle? HBO is hiring, message me.
  • Vrtra TheoryVrtra Theory Registered User regular
    That brings up a big problem! The old map, and the new map, and the upcoming map, none of them have names. Makes it kind of hard to talk about them after the fact.

We need some official names even if it's just Ghugo-1, Ghugo-2 and Ghugo-3 :)

Are you a Software Engineer living in Seattle? HBO is hiring, message me.
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited June 2020
    which pond is this? there's a 3x3 one with some coral in it in the farm area but it doesn't seem to be doing anything
    nevermind found it

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    That leads to the old inbetween map we messed around on. The new map isnt out yet

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
    ahhh ok

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Ginger MijangoGinger Mijango Don't you open that Trap Door!Registered User regular
    Enc wrote: »
    "Ginger Mijango"

Don't play MC at the moment, so whatevs bro.

• EncEnc A Fool with Compassion Pronouns: He, Him, HisRegistered User regular
    edited June 2020
    Last map main map: "Everything is Fine In Here at Least"
    Last map little Map with the claylands: "Wild Wild Best"

Upcoming new map with Elytra: "Skies of Minecadia"

Enc on
  • webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    Awww. Now I want to play Skies of Arcadia again.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • JakarrdJakarrd In the belly of OklahomaRegistered User regular
    Upcoming map: “Circus of a Thousand Creepers”

Maybe this Friday I can get on look at plots.

Greetings Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada.

76561197990097905.png
    No new map yet to look for plots on, but it should be soonish (tm).

• AeytherAeyther Registered User regular
    That brings up a big problem! The old map, and the new map, and the upcoming map, none of them have names. Makes it kind of hard to talk about them after the fact.

We need some official names even if it's just Ghugo-1, Ghugo-2 and Ghugo-3 :)

I really don't want those as the names lol

• DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    I'm going to build a giant dong lol

215226244_sKmWK-L-2.jpg

JtgVX0H.png
    So, I saw on the discord the map got reset. Are we live or was that just some server work last night?

• Dr. FlamingoDr. Flamingo 49 Gilded Disc Perceives the Sun Registered User regular
    edited June 2020
    Well that was a false start, I suppose. It seemed like the new map was ready to go, and we were playing on it for ten minutes until we noticed something.

So now if you open the server it opens our previous world, until the map is fixed.

Dr. Flamingo on
    ahahah, oh wow. That's some serious plate tectonics.

• Dr. FlamingoDr. Flamingo 49 Gilded Disc Perceives the Sun Registered User regular
    On the other hand, it's a nice little preview of what the underground stone makeup is gonna look li- WAIT A MINUTE I AM JUST NOTICING THIS NOW. IS THAT A LAYER OF CLAY UP BELOW THE DIRT? THIS IS A GAME-CHANGER.

Oh wow, yeah. That and the diorite andesite seams are pretty great. Where does the red one spawn though?

edited June 2020
    Granite spawns like the other two, just not in this particular forest. I dunno if it's biome-dependent.

And now it's time for my regularly-scheduled crisis of faith. I was gonna build a white/tan and blue village, but if this is my Big Chance to finally build with bricks, maybe I shouldn't waste it...

EDIT: Also hey, heeeeey, Spawn theme, anyone? Should we open up this discussion again?

Dr. Flamingo on
    Oh yeah, if we have clay with that frequency I'll be making a southern France village with plaster walls, with brick underneath and clay tile roofs.

• mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    Hey All

So my 8 y/o has expressed some interest in learning to make addons for minecraft and was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for tutorials/resources etc.

camo_sig.png
    Man I'm refreshing every hour at this point. :)

• mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    Did they mess with the detonation parameters for Creepers in this last update? I went back by my home island to drop off shit from my first expedition into the new Nether, and I *swear* I had two different creeper encounters where they 1.) Went off despite me being out of their blast range, 2.) Went off despite me being out of their visual range, and 3.) Wrecked a bunch of detailed and finished shit that will take twenty plus minutes I had no interest in spending to fix entirely.*Immediately* sent me from being excited to pick Minecraft back up again to "needing to take a few days off, because ffffuuck this"

Don't think so. I always forget the creeper dance the first ten times after a break, though.

• JakarrdJakarrd In the belly of OklahomaRegistered User regular
    I play with sound off so a creeper is always a surprise to find

Greetings Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada.

76561197990097905.png
    New map round 2 should be up

Is it not on 1.16.1?

no they're still on 1.15.whatever I think

BahamutZERO.gif
    Yeah I'd preferred we'd have moved to 1.16 by now, but hopefully it should just be a week or two.

New map is amazing. The biomes are wonderful. If you ever wanted to live in a flower biome that was the full render distance, this is your chance (-1007, 308). @nuka

A word of caution: since there are fewer generating caves, things spawn much faster on the surface. This is great for engines, but a danger for starting out.

As soon as paper updates I'll update the server to 1.16.1 (or 1.16.2 if they make another fix in the meantime)

Pillagers ALMOST got me

But I was too quick to log off. HAHA!

New server is pretty rad. Blue, Flamingo, Genna, Aeyther, and I are working on a spawn farm and some big terraforming projects. I'll get some screencaps later today!

Ok some screenshots!

q4qutxx4re73.jpg

Welcome to Hinterlands Farms! Currently under construction, please feel free to pop on and enjoy the rural life!

sk232ymm5iih.png

The Spawnmill doesn't grind grain, it pumps water! As this map has some realistic geology and water features, rivers are rare. So we made our own!

qd3sao4oocig.jpg

Right now we got two main streams and we're slowly expanding the farms. When pop in, you start right on one of those paths!

xub6nslacv4f.jpg

New this morning is the SPAWNLAKE, a big open lake surrounded by a low mesa covered in a huge birch flower biome!

srzblv2o1zm8.jpg

It's a pretty rad map, guys. You can find clay right beneath the dirt in a lot of biomes, so you'll notice we have a lot of clay brick. Its pretty cool. :)

This map really makes me hate vanilla generation

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
    vanilla generation is balls

BahamutZERO.gif
  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    Partner and I are big fans of the new angle of "you can significantly cut down on hassle in the Nether if you're wearing clothing the inhabitants thinks are badass"

Formerly territorial and bloodthirsty hobgoblins gathering around en masse to basically go, "Killer boots, man!"

Vanilla generation needs an overhaul. Trying to build a hilltop build is a pain unless you like savannah.

• webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    Fuck. I might have to break down and finally buy a new game. I hate you all. :D

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
    9kql81zgqkpe.png

Spawn grows

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg