As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Path of Exile] Sentinel League starts 05/13. Pokebots and uber bosses!

• ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    Hmmm

I’m considering playing again this league.

I bounced hard off of Delirium it was way too ogogog for my pace of play

So I’m thinking of finally getting in on that brand life because I am allergic to pressing buttons. Any fun builds/skills I should be looking at? No giraffes pls

fuck gendered marketing
  • fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    earthshatter is really really strong

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qrYFeqBX-U

J3qcnBP.png
  • Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Elldren wrote: »
    Hmmm

So I’m thinking of finally getting in on that brand life because I am allergic to pressing buttons. Any fun builds/skills I should be looking at? No giraffes pls

It's not brands, but Spellslinger Volatile Dead Necromancer is absolutely absurd
    you just use one attack, which casts 3+ other spells at the same time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzgzJdPEnL4

edited June 2020
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    Hmmm

It's not brands, but Spellslinger Volatile Dead Necromancer is absolutely absurd

Hmmm... you still have to aim at things tho...

Also one button is a lot of buttons...

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-vageQTM2k

This is an older build but it still holds true for the most part. You can use claws too which is cheaper and the way I went. In my opinion the easiest starter to end game in the game right now.

• Ratsult2Ratsult2 Registered User regular
    EX are already 170c+ :x
    Any tips for making money this league, aside from abandon the chaos recipe?

• BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    Hmmm

Hmmm... you still have to aim at things tho...

Also one button is a lot of buttons...

Brands has to push more buttons now because they nerfed detached brand duration.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    Aiming is kind of optional, since the orbs seek targets, though you miss out on the corpse explosion damage then.

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • RightfulSinRightfulSin Registered User regular
    Any decent chaos dmg builds for league start? I remember a bane build I used leagues ago that was decent and easy on the hands. Not sure Bane still a thing though, that was leagues ago.

"If nothing is impossible, than would it not be impossible to find something that you could not do?" - Me
  • SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    Toxic Rain mines, ED/Contagion, TR/CA trickster.

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • FiatilFiatil Registered User regular
    Heh yeah, the days of no-button branding are gone with the new patch. They did the thing where they added new brands, "overhauled" how brands work mechanically, but made them ultimately much less good/fun than they were prior to the overhaul.

Any decent chaos dmg builds for league start? I remember a bane build I used leagues ago that was decent and easy on the hands. Not sure Bane still a thing though, that was leagues ago.

Toxic Rain mines has been real good so far. I think it actually gets around a lot of bosses early damage buffer, since the bloom is where the real damage comes from, and it takes a second for that part to happen. I just fought Arakali, and if she wasn't scripted to eat Sin and come back at half life, would have died the first time.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

• jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    edited June 2020
    Scourge Arrow HoAG is always a good time, but it is not an easy build to play (tons of movement and positioning is required).

It's the only poison build I actively enjoy playing as I like using Dash a lot and zipping around the map, and it does stupid amounts of damage.

jungleroomx on
    So, bow based Trickster build, does it make more sense to grab Perfect Form, and then grab just Acrobatics (or maybe skip Acro), or go Queen of the Forest or some other high EVA chest and grab both Acro/Phase Acro? Or just skip dodge all together?

• jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Brody wrote: »
    So, bow based Trickster build, does it make more sense to grab Perfect Form, and then grab just Acrobatics (or maybe skip Acro), or go Queen of the Forest or some other high EVA chest and grab both Acro/Phase Acro? Or just skip dodge all together?

As much dodge as your build allows

Fiatil wrote: »
    Heh yeah, the days of no-button branding are gone with the new patch. They did the thing where they added new brands, "overhauled" how brands work mechanically, but made them ultimately much less good/fun than they were prior to the overhaul.

Well shit.

I guess I’ll wait here until I can autobomb again

fuck gendered marketing
  • YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    First SSFHC Harvest kill was with Winterbrand Trickster I think, they can't be that bad.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    elldren u can autobomb way more easily rn than previous cos of all da new herald stuff gogo

i have something like 2million ice crash ignite shaper dps with a random level 50 staff without uber lab which is pretty spicy... melee ignite actually viable this LEAUGE

obF2Wuw.png
  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    I'm just using sunder and leap slam for now. I have bleeding, close combat, and some other support gem on it and it's pretty good so far!

JtgVX0H.png

Right, I'm just wondering if the relatively low EV on The Perfect Form is worth basically 1 free passive, or should I not worry about the bonus ES from making a fat EV chest piece? I expect stacking a dumb amount of Cold resist won't be particularly difficult, so I should get a massive amount of EV from that, and I can always just stack ES in the other pieces, and rely on the overcapped Cold resist for evasion stacking.

• a nu starta nu start Registered User regular
    Look, I recognize the words ya'll are saying, but none of it is hitting. 60 chaos scourge harvester half-caff uber lab?

I'll just stick with my current plan of spamming Firestorm everywhere I go and see how far that takes me.

Number One Tricky
  • surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    a nu start wrote: »
    Look, I recognize the words ya'll are saying, but none of it is hitting. 60 chaos scourge harvester half-caff uber lab?

I'll just stick with my current plan of spamming Firestorm everywhere I go and see how far that takes me.

to the MOON

obF2Wuw.png
    edited June 2020

Right, I'm just wondering if the relatively low EV on The Perfect Form is worth basically 1 free passive, or should I not worry about the bonus ES from making a fat EV chest piece? I expect stacking a dumb amount of Cold resist won't be particularly difficult, so I should get a massive amount of EV from that, and I can always just stack ES in the other pieces, and rely on the overcapped Cold resist for evasion stacking.

Get a jade flask of reflexes and stibnite of reflexes, max out the quality, and watch your evasion hit like 20k+ (I was hitting about 50k one league) and don't worry about a few hundred eva on a chest piece. Get you that physical/fire damage reduction from Arctic Armour, plus the slow bonuses to nearbys, PLUS free skill point. Stick Vaal Grace on a CWDT.

Then go get a Dream Fragments, make you immune to chill and frozen, and get 70% cold res on top of everything else.

I'm going to assume you're already getting Wind Dancer.

jungleroomx on
    I think it's good to note that one of the deep dives I did in PoE mechanics is evasion, and how it becomes less effective over time until a hit, which "resets" its entropy counter.

Which is why when you see something like "40 less evasion but 20 less damage taken", hop on that immediately. Because here's why:

You will get hit, and it's much better to have a 20% flat reduction in damage than stretching out the evasion entropic counter for what will amount to be not much longer.

Evasion can also reduce the critical strike chance, when coupled with Soul of Solaris (specifically the "take no extra damage from critical strikes" bit) can really reduce the damage spikes, especially with the 20% more evasion after a hit, which will result in longer cooldown of the entropy counter until the damage reduction stat comes into play.

This isn't necessary directed at anyone in particular, but I always found evasion to be a really kind of deceptively neat stat.

(Dodge, on the other hand, is just a flat "nuh uh" when it comes to damage)

I just like minimally interactive ssf builds.

just the less i have to think and stress about the game the better

fuck gendered marketing

Toxic Rain is pretty chill, I think you could get away with toxic rain mines on a pathfinder, most of my boss fights are, "right click 10 times, press d"

edited June 2020
    Conversation in game about frenzy charges.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2688059

Brody on

hell ya

we back to burial farming boys

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYzH0z-OIb4

J3qcnBP.png
    yeah they changed brand mechanics and made storm brand worse, but Trickster or Occultist Wintertide Brands are insane right now

Toxic Rain is pretty chill, I think you could get away with toxic rain mines on a pathfinder, most of my boss fights are, "right click 10 times, press d"

I've played toxic rain and it's way too many clicks for me

fuck gendered marketing
    edited June 2020
    3.11.1 coming next week: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2885039
    General Harvest Improvements
    • We're working on a new reward item that can drop from both Harvest monsters and the Final Boss. There are several variations of it that you can receive randomly. It has a limited number of uses and can be placed within your garden to produce more Lifeforce from nearby plants, create luckier crafting outcomes, or provide a chance to generate additional crafting options for each of the ones you planted. We're brainstorming other stuff it could do also.
    • The colours of growth meters on plants have been improved so that it's easier for colourblind players to differentiate between Wild and Primal plants. We are also investigating changing the UI artwork of these so that you can tell the difference more easily without relying on colour.
    • We've added stairs to the terrain around the Sacred Grove's portal to improve its accessibility.
    • Increased the number of seeds that drop in maps, particularly mid-tier and rarer seeds. You now receive a lot more seeds from the highest-tier maps.
    • Harvest Crafting options will be sorted by their tier rather than their Lifeforce cost and will also be grouped together by their crafting type.
    Improvements to Final Harvest Boss Fight
    • The final boss fight will guarantee that you receive a few of the new reward item mentioned above.
    • Improved various mechanics to enhance the feeling of the fight.
    • Adding debuff icons to signal when the boss' debuff has been applied to you.
    • Adding a progress percentage value that indicates how close you are to the next boss respawn.
    • Improving various visual components of the fight.
    • Improving the boss' AI so that it's less likely to move onto ground effects and more likely to leave them.
    • Fixed various bugs associated with this fight including the boss being able to get stuck within vine walls.

And coming later today, from Bex on reddit:
    • Seed Caches in maps now drop more seeds than before, scaling up per map tier to double the number of seeds dropped in a tier 16 map.
    • Weightings have been fixed and improved. Due to an error, many seed types couldn't spawn certain rare crafting effects before level 80. The combination of these changes and the increased seed drops will result in seeing the rare outcomes more frequently than before, especially in higher tier maps.
    • The difference in rarity of Tier 2 and Tier 3 seeds have been flattened, so you'll see the rarer Tier 2 and Tier 3 seed types more often now. Their drop chance from Tier 1 monsters has not been changed, meaning the increased tier 1 seed drops from higher tier maps will result in more tier 2 seeds, and by extension tier 3.

Crippl3 on
  • LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    MY Wintertide trickster is still very WIP mostly cause I need regret orbs and a 6 link. But The potential is definitely there.

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
    Loving those harvest changes. I really like the league so far, so making it better is just gravy all around.

• RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    o btw professional crab tip if ur thinking of buying a tabula for a build that can use ele prolif just buy a 6l thousand ribbons

its a 7l that costs 15c and has actual stats on it

obF2Wuw.png
  • CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    edited June 2020
    Rius wrote: »
    How does Wintertide work exactly?

When it's attached it deals increasing damage with each activation up to 20 stacks, when it expires it applies a dot to nearby enemies that deals the activation damage over one second. Active dots stack up to 3 but enemies can only be afflicted with one expiration dot, the highest expiration dot will apply.

Edit: I haven't actually played it, this is all from researching on reddit

Carpy on
    empys group has been doing some fun stuff with farms accesible in maps and inheriting their quant and mods

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acQ8dSzvD2o

J3qcnBP.png
  • Ratsult2Ratsult2 Registered User regular
    fRAWRst wrote: »
    empys group has been doing some fun stuff with farms accesible in maps and inheriting their quant and mods

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acQ8dSzvD2o

What game is this? It's clearly not the PoE I'm playing. Seriously though, this is nuts, I love people taking the game to the max like this.

Me on the other hand, I'm stuck behind the market curve and struggling to save up some money for a Shav's. For some dumb reason I went with a starter that is CI -> Low life. Still, mines are a little awkward, but strong as hell.

edited June 2020
    Man, I have no idea what's wrong with my EQ bleed Gladiator character. I'm getting fucking annihilated in Tier 3 and up maps, died 5 times in a tier 4 that had no damage mods. I'm on 3900 life, with 38% (45% with Molten Shell on left-click auto cast) phys resist, 76% Cold/Lightning and 77% Fire res, and 2 charges on Enduring Cry. Anyone mind taking a look and telling me where I fucked up? https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Crippl3/characters (look at AyyCAB)

edit: Just used 5 of 6 portals on a blue Vaal Temple tier 3, fuck Baran mobs

Crippl3 on
  • TorgaironTorgairon Registered User regular
    edited June 2020
    I am by no means an expert but I've played a lot of melee chars and I'm copying a pretty good build this league that's fairly similar to what you're doing. the big things I see are no flesh and stone (auto-blind is too good), no fortify and just being kind of low level. I was going to say 3900 life was a little on the low side but not for L71.

what sort of situations are you dying in? usually for armour characters with no dodge/evasion I find myself getting gibbed by walls of projectiles, especially if you don't have stun immunity from somewhere.

Torgairon on