As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Penny Arcade - Comic - 51

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited June 2020 in The Penny Arcade Hub

imagePenny Arcade - Comic - 51

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• Options
    ProwlingmonkeyProwlingmonkey Registered User regular
    He could be another Lincoln if he only had a brain.

• Options
    DiplominatorDiplominator Hardcore Porg Registered User regular
    The Art Joke in panel 3 is at least as good as the Word Joke in the whole rest of the comic.

• Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    This is literally me.

I am the worst at math. The absolute worst. And it's so bad that I pretty much just guesstimate everything, and when my friends tell me the exact number I'm just like "yeah, I was pretty close."

• Options
    v2miccav2micca Registered User regular
    edited June 2020
    Probably just reading into this too much, but the last few comics kind of imply to me that Gabe and Tycho don't really want to play The Last of Us part II, but feel obliged to address it in some manner.

v2micca on
  • Options
    AbstractAbstract Registered User new member
    It's not exaaaaaaaaactly that.... because it's more like 78./431372549 cents per game.

• Options
    ZenigataZenigata Registered User regular
    v2micca wrote: »
    Probably just reading into this too much, but the last few comics kind of imply to me that Gabe and Tycho don't really want to play The Last of Us part II, but feel obliged to address it in some manner.

It's probably true to some extent. The gaming community tends to obsess over certain titles and said titles often have rabid fanbases which want to see how every outlet and personality likes the game. If said outlet/personality isn't really into the title in question or its genre, that never seems to stop people from badgering them to death to comment on it so they can inevitably be outraged that they didn't think it was a 10/10 for them.

• Options
    dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular
    v2micca wrote: »

Most likely it's because - much like many of their comics - it arose from a conversation in just this way. They probably talked about LOU2 and how they weren't playing it (perhaps for the reasons in the last strip - the conversation may have actually even been at the same time) and what they were playing, how cheap it was, etc. And then they made a jpg out of their conversation. It's kind of their thing.

• Options
    The Art Joke in panel 3 is at least as good as the Word Joke in the whole rest of the comic.

And don't miss the joke in panel 2, in which it we are reminded that Mike's two most important "food" items are Oreos and the milk with which they are enabled.

• Options
    Also, sorry for the triple, but it took a while to find (or even to convince myself I wasn't crazy):

215137021_Jjrm4-L-2.jpg

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    It's like asking what the square root of a million is.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular

a thousand, right?

• Options
    Anyway, it's nice that Clubhouse Games gave us a lot of games, but it's a bit unfortunate that on the Switch, it isn't able to handle as many games as Action 52.

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »

a thousand, right?
    utzTCyo.png
    giphy.gif

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    dennis wrote: »
    Also, sorry for the triple, but it took a while to find (or even to convince myself I wasn't crazy):

215137021_Jjrm4-L-2.jpg
    I appreciate that in both comics they're talking about the price of video games, as well.

Twitch: Thawmus83
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    That comic reminded me that PA was going strong (this was at least one or 2 art evolutions into it) when DMC1 was new. Damn.

Enlong on
  • Options
    OctoberRavenOctoberRaven Plays fighting games for the story Skyeline Hotel Apartment 4ARegistered User regular
    Am I the only one who wants a Twisp facemask now?

Currently Most Hype For: VTMB2, Tiny Tina's Wonderlands, Alan Wake 2 (Wake Harder)Currently Playin: Guilty Gear XX AC+R, Gat Out Of Hell
  • Options
    Enlong wrote: »

a thousand, right?

Maybe something like that.

• Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    @tube the name of the comic seems to have changed, and it may be responsible for me seeing a broken image on the forum and not the comics page

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    V1mV1m Registered User regular
    Abstract wrote: »
    It's not exaaaaaaaaactly that.... because it's more like 78./431372549 cents per game.

Precisely.

• Options
    MarcinMNMarcinMN Registered User regular
    V1m wrote: »
    Abstract wrote: »

Precisely.

Mathematically speaking, I see what you did there.

"It's just as I've always said. We are being digested by an amoral universe."

-Tycho Brahe
  • Options
    novamystiquenovamystique Registered User new member
    I very much need that face mask. Immediately.

• Options
    Peter Man FoxPeter Man Fox Registered User new member
    I never thought a Switch game would make me addicted to Mahjong Solitaire, but here I am.
    Also, God bless Hanafuda for being so confusing yet so addicting.

• Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    I very much need that broom and sweater setup

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    MarcinMNMarcinMN Registered User regular
    I think it's ok to link a YouTube video here?... If not, go ahead and remove it.

The broom setup in these comics just made me think of this video. It'll be even more funny for anyone who has experience with Midwest people. ;)

https://youtube.com/watch?v=SlHwTVaQN6A

"It's just as I've always said. We are being digested by an amoral universe."

-Tycho Brahe