As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Path of Exile] Sentinel League starts 05/13. Pokebots and uber bosses!

• LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    edited June 2020
    Carpy wrote: »
    Rius wrote: »
    How does Wintertide work exactly?

When it's attached it deals increasing damage with each activation up to 20 stacks, when it expires it applies a dot to nearby enemies that deals the activation damage over one second. Active dots stack up to 3 but enemies can only be afflicted with one expiration dot, the highest expiration dot will apply.

Edit: I haven't actually played it, this is all from researching on reddit

This is accurate. There is a specific interaction with the cluster jewel notable Holy Conquest that greatly improves its clear - Holy Conquest makes it jump targets every 0.3 seconds, but that jump does NOT make it lose accumulated stacks. Dropping off of a killed enemy (without Holy Conquest) does make it lose accumulated stacks. In general I have followed guides that covered Vortex/Cold Snap in previous leagues, modified to catch some cast speed on the tree (cast speed directly makes it ramp to max stacks faster).

EDIT: Target build here

LuvTheMonkey on
    Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • PenumbraPenumbra Registered User regular
    I assume this question is going to be fairly newbish. But I landed on a fireball spellslinger as my league starter and it has two or three skills linked to spellslinger.

Will each wand auto attack make all of the linked skills fire at once?

Switch Friend Code: 6359-7575-9391
  • FiatilFiatil Registered User regular
    edited June 2020
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    Man, I have no idea what's wrong with my EQ bleed Gladiator character. I'm getting fucking annihilated in Tier 3 and up maps, died 5 times in a tier 4 that had no damage mods. I'm on 3900 life, with 38% (45% with Molten Shell on left-click auto cast) phys resist, 76% Cold/Lightning and 77% Fire res, and 2 charges on Enduring Cry. Anyone mind taking a look and telling me where I fucked up? https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Crippl3/characters (look at AyyCAB)

edit: Just used 5 of 6 portals on a blue Vaal Temple tier 3, fuck Baran mobs

@Crippl3 -- Your tree is more or less the same as mine, with minor exceptions.

So my main question is, what's your playstyle? I was lazy and made it up to Tier 3 maps in SSF with likeee 3100 life and uncapped resists before I decided to work on capping them, and I don't think I died more than once if that. Currently all I'm using for defense is enduring cry, and second wind flamedash (I have a bit of life leech from my amulet too).

The way I've interpreted the new EQ playstyle is 100% hit and run when you're clearing, and generally very hit and run oriented with bosses too. With exertion charges and the fist of war support, you're going to do a ton of DPS by just running around, stopping enough for one and only one earthquake, and going on the move again. You should be oneshotting every pack with one EQ + aftershock and bleeds. Being so mobile is always incredible defense, and should let you generally just not get hit a lot.

With that playstyle, attack speed becomes mostly a QoL thing and not as much a DPS thing, aside from on bosses if you want max DPS. Your axe isn't the greatest for the level you are -- I would recommend grabbing a Karui Chopper and Harvest crafting physical mods on that until you get the highest physical DPS you can. Karui Choppers are super slow, but with very high base physical damage, and that's exactly what you want for EQ and bleeds. WIth challenger charges and such you can still swing quickly enough that it doesn't feel clunky.

You might also consider dropping Crimson Dance for now, unless you're having trouble with bosses. The way bleeds work in PoE is very favorable. By default you can only have 1 active at a time, but you can stack as many as you want. The game will always choose the highest DPS bleed as the "active bleed", and just ignore any beyond the cap (1 by default, 8 with crimson dance). So with the EQ aftershock applying bleeds at 150% effect, you will lose DPS on your clear with Crimson Dance vs. not having it, if you're EQing once and moving on. It will stack your 100% bleed and your 150% bleed, use both of them, but they'll be at 50% DPS from crimson dance. Without crimson dance, you'll apply the 100%, very quickly apply the 150% from the aftershock, and the game will override the 100% with the 150% bleed once the aftershock hits. 100% of your 150% bleed (150%) is better than 50% of your two (150% + 100%) bleeds (125%). Eventually you will want crimson dance, because it gives you a lot of extra DPS if you can apply all 8 dots on a boss.

Here is my guy (look for FiaGladiator) -- most of his gear is terrible, with the exception of the axe that I just got a solid roll on: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Fiatil/characters

Fiatil on
  • BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Penumbra wrote: »
    I assume this question is going to be fairly newbish. But I landed on a fireball spellslinger as my league starter and it has two or three skills linked to spellslinger.

I have not played this, but my understanding is that this is the case, which is why it is so broken.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    edited June 2020
    Harvest crafting is stupid good, with like no work I made:

4mro3wms6l5t.png

Which isn't GG tier but it's still hilariously good for like no work.

EDIT: oh and my shield!

hsc82mhadzbe.png

LuvTheMonkey on
    Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • RightfulSinRightfulSin Registered User regular
    Is Cyclone a thing still/now? For some reason I always keep feeling the urge to go back to it. To date my highest toon I ever played was a Cyclone up til lvl 95.

"If nothing is impossible, than would it not be impossible to find something that you could not do?" - Me
    Is Cyclone a thing still/now? For some reason I always keep feeling the urge to go back to it. To date my highest toon I ever played was a Cyclone up til lvl 95.

They removed stun immunity, which may cause some desync issues if you aren't picking up stun immunity elsewhere. But other than that, the last couple of leagues have seen cyclone used for a collection of ridiculous things.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

• PenumbraPenumbra Registered User regular
    Brody wrote: »
    Penumbra wrote: »

I have not played this, but my understanding is that this is the case, which is why it is so broken.

Thanks! And hahahahaha fuuuuck

Switch Friend Code: 6359-7575-9391
  • jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular

Cyclone is absolutely fucking dummy good and it's difficult to go wrong with it, tbh.

• SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    Downside to going elementalist fireball spellslinger is you'll probably have a tougher time stacking up some defense layers compared to necro VD/DD, but maybe you don't need it if the damage is way better.

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
    edited June 2020

It looks like it's still pretty darn good. They removed stun immunity like Brody says, which apparently causes....terrible desync issues that GGG claims to have fixed but did not. That seems like a very silly decision, but there are other ways to get stun immunity so it's not broken.

It's not like 30% of the league like last time, but it's still a top 10 build among level 87+ characters on PoE Ninja, which means it is still pretty damn good.

Fiatil on
  • ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    Saldonas wrote: »
    Downside to going elementalist fireball spellslinger is you'll probably have a tougher time stacking up some defense layers compared to necro VD/DD, but maybe you don't need it if the damage is way better.

Defense is for people who care about dying

fuck gendered marketing
  • jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Lol scourge arrow is .9% of the builds.

Y'all don't even know about SA. It's so good.

Lol scourge arrow is .9% of the builds.

Y'all don't even know about SA. It's so good.

We're just bitter that they nerfed the much cooler freezing scourge arrow build. Because every build should be a cold build.

• AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Hooray, cluster jewel buffs incoming.

Mediums and Larges will always have 1 and 2 sockets, respectively, so you won't need to roll those as suffixes.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • PacificstarPacificstar Registered User regular
    Aegis wrote: »

Mediums and Larges will always have 1 and 2 sockets, respectively, so you won't need to roll those as suffixes.

Whoa, does that mean they will only have three rollable affixes then?

Man, this video by Tarke sounds like a really lame situation. I'm not sure anyone is in the wrong here, but it definitely sucks for him.

• SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular

Should still be able to get four mods I think, which helps a teeny tiny bit with trying to roll decent clusters, but it'll still mostly suck because the weights are so terrible.

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
    Man, this video by Tarke sounds like a really lame situation. I'm not sure anyone is in the wrong here, but it definitely sucks for him.

He makes a lot of videos so...

fuck gendered marketing
  • InvictusInvictus Registered User regular

Nope, having sockets is now an additional enchant, not an affix. This is a buff.

Generalísimo de Fuerzas Armadas de la República Argentina
    Elldren wrote: »

He and Octavian were both looking at a position with GGG, but Octavian ended up getting hired and Tarke didn't.

He and Octavian were both looking at a position with GGG, but Octavian ended up getting hired and Tarke didn't.

Bex confirmed they weren't going for the same position.

• a nu starta nu start Registered User regular
    Pro Tip: Don't Drink and Micro-transact. Went in and bought the wrong pack from what I wanted. Contacted GGG and they happily fixed it to the right pack for me. A+ on them, considering some other companies probably wouldn't do the same.

Number One Tricky
  • RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular

Bex confirmed they weren't going for the same position.

Sorry, I can see where my post made it sound like they were both aiming for the same thing, but he makes it pretty clear in the video that it wasn't an either or situation. They just ended up not hiring for the position Tarke was "interviewing" for.

• SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    Okay, downloading

I still have never beaten Shaper or Elder with 1K hours

What's fun, cheap, and easy now?

Skeles? Golems still take that expensive amulet?

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
    Okay, downloading

How many buttons did you want to push?

• SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    Okay, downloading

I've never done a bow or chaos build, hit me

I'm OK with buttons

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
    Okay, downloading

I'm OK with buttons

for chaos builds, Essence Drain builds are as cheap and easy as they have ever been, but i'd try the skill out a bit to see if it's something that feels good for you because how it works is not for everyone

Soulrend is still solid if not as sparkly

Bane is popular right now but requires more unique support to be good than ED or soulrend.

I can't really speak to bow builds tho

fuck gendered marketing
    Okay, downloading

I'm OK with buttons

I just leveled a Toxic Rain Miner that did a pretty decent job all the wary through. Maybe JRX can link a Scourge Arrow build?

edited June 2020
    Scourge arrow build requires balancing blood rage, HoAG virulence, flasks, despair, withering step, wither totems, and plague bearer just fyi.

It's definitely not for someone not looking to use their entire QWERT12345.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2551841

I'm gonna tell you right now though, its satisfying as hell.

jungleroomx on
    Theres also a Toxic Rain and a Caustic Arrow build on the forums, both are endgame viable too.

• JAEFJAEF Unstoppably Bald Registered User regular
    Anyone have information on the new eternal lab keys and what they do? What changed? Google is failing me.

• CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    I haven't played this since flask centric builds aren't my jam but this one uses mirage archer to automate wither stacks

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2851574/page/1

JAEF wrote: »
    Anyone have information on the new eternal lab keys and what they do? What changed? Google is failing me.

Iirc, one is 6 enchant chance, one is the silver chests are better, and I think the last is more treasure keys?

New guy update: switched to a Magma Orb and I'm doing way more damage. However, everything is still oneshot-ing me 8-). Current M.O. is continuous respawns to tickle the bosses to death.

Number One Tricky
    a nu start wrote: »
    New guy update: switched to a Magma Orb and I'm doing way more damage. However, everything is still oneshot-ing me 8-). Current M.O. is continuous respawns to tickle the bosses to death.

If you post your build, we can try and see if there is something we can help with.

• RightfulSinRightfulSin Registered User regular
    Any recommendations for a Cyclone build this league? Was thinking of trying that one from Martial that says it can be Earthshatter or Cyclone, but I am open to other recommendations. Thanks.

"If nothing is impossible, than would it not be impossible to find something that you could not do?" - Me

If you post your build, we can try and see if there is something we can help with.

Step 1: More health. It's like 1.3k Health and 900 Energy Shield. Criminally low, I'm sure.

I mean, I did beat Act 10 with it though, so there's that. If there's a preferred way to share a build I can.

Number One Tricky
    edited June 2020

Step 1: More health. It's like 1.3k Health and 900 Energy Shield. Criminally low, I'm sure.

I mean, I did beat Act 10 with it though, so there's that. If there's a preferred way to share a build I can.

The easiest way is to link your character from the official site, like this:

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/beards/characters Just make sure to let us know what character we are supposed to be looking at.

But also, you're right. 1.3k health is sort of terrifying low for maps. Part of that is likely low/non existent life rolls on your gear, but it would also help to see what sort of +% life passive you took on the tree. Additional to health/ES, its important to have 75% in all three elemental resistances.

Brody on