As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Star Trek: Give Us Sexy Dolphins Now!!

• shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    see317 wrote: »
    Hevach wrote: »
    Riker might fuck anything that'll say yes, but I don't feel like there's anything to suggest he harasses ones that don't and a lot of reasons to believe he doesn't, considering the Enterprise has a thousand people aboard and from what we see on screen the average is probably about 7.5.

Remember the last episode of Enterprise? Where Riker takes certain liberties with Holo T'pol (IIRC).
    Or "I'll be in the holodeck 4..." I mean, sure that's just two instances, but they do seem to point to a person who, despite being good at his job, has difficulty with his impulse control in certain circumstances.

There's literally an episode where Riker refuses to fuck a hologram after it stops being a sentient being, or at least seeming like one.

• Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    edited June 2020
    Riker might fuck anything that'll say yes, but I don't feel like there's anything to suggest he harasses ones that don't and a lot of reasons to believe he doesn't, considering the Enterprise has a thousand people aboard and from what we see on screen the average is probably about 7.5.

Remember the last episode of Enterprise?

"Demons" and "Terra Prime"? I certainly do, but I don't see what that has to do with Riker.

Commander Zoom on
  • TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Ok, my friend dug up the notebook, and if I'm deciphering the photo of this waterstained page where we all marked of our choices mine were
    Captain - Sisko
    First Mate - Saru
    Science Officer - Jadzia Dax
    Chief Medical Officer - Crusher
    Chief Engineer - o'Brien
    Conn - Detmer
    Security - Worf/Odo. (It's hard to tell in the photo which was circled in blue or pink pen. I think it was Worf. Probably could have gone either way)
    Communications - Sato (because I know very little about Enterprise, but I've heard the fewest complaints about her)
    Operations - Harry Kim??? (Oops this was my mandatory Voyager pick because for some reason I didn't pick The Doctor over Crusher?)
    Counselor - Neelix (This is where it starts making even less sense because I know I didn't pick Ezri Dax because I already had the Dax symbiote in Jadzia and twice felt weird, but Troi was right there).

Okay, I'm redoing this. Especially since in that crew I seem to have missed ToS.
    Captain - Sisko
    First Officer- Saru
    Science Officer - Jadzia Dax
    Chief Medical Officer - The Doctor
    Chief Engineer - o'Brien
    Conn - Sulu (Sorry Detmer :( )
    Security - Worf/Odo.
    Communications - Sato
    Operations - Data
    Counselor - Troi

steam_sig.png
  • ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    Are there any good star trek ship design programs/sites? I've always want to see what a Miranda/Nebula style variant of the Ambassador (or Sovereign!) class would look like.

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • daveNYCdaveNYC Why universe hate Waspinator? Registered User regular
    Rocks and Shoals: AVAB (All Vorta Are Bastards)
    That episode has one hell of a 'B' plot too. Not a lot of screen time spent on it, but every scene was tight.

Shut up, Mr. Burton! You were not brought upon this world to get it!
  • NorgothNorgoth cardiffRegistered User regular
    Started reading A Stitch in Time after this thread's recommendations.

Holy hell this book is good. Like actual genuinely excellent written. I'm extremely surprised to see Robertson doesn't seem to have written any other books that I can find.

I'm not far in but I really love how
    The book is not shy about Garak being bisexual, and how it's essentially one long "Dear John" to Bashir

• GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    Been watching random Voyager episodes after going through TNG and DS9 again. John Rhys-Davies as holographic Leonardo DaVinci is just good dumb fun.

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Dark_SideDark_Side Registered User regular
    edited June 2020
    There's a couple of stories going on in Stitch in Time that would have made excellent DS9 episodes.
    Particularly the sub plot of Garak and the Bajoran terrorist/Dabo girl

Dark_Side on
  • CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Someday I'll have time to sit down and read Stitch in Time.

It's a shame someone hasn't paid Robinson a boatload of money to record an audiobook version in Garak's voice. I would pay all the money for that shit.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • MonwynMonwyn Apathy's a tragedy, and boredom is a crime. A little bit of everything, all of the time.Registered User regular
    Norgoth wrote: »

Holy hell this book is good. Like actual genuinely excellent written. I'm extremely surprised to see Robertson doesn't seem to have written any other books that I can find.

The book is not shy about Garak being bisexual, and how it's essentially one long "Dear John" to Bashir

Honestly I always saw Garak as ace. A sort of "Sex is trivial and boring, beneath me" kind of thing.

uH3IcEi.png
  • HevachHevach Registered User regular
    Monwyn wrote: »
    Norgoth wrote: »

Honestly I always saw Garak as ace. A sort of "Sex is trivial and boring, beneath me" kind of thing.

It's the intellectual game to him. He basically dated Bashir for years and got all the fulfilment he needed.

• WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    I would just have Data in all the roles on the ship

• SneaksSneaks Registered User regular
    edited June 2020
    I opted to alter Tofystedeth's format a little and add a dedicated civilian slot. After all, Star Trek has a lot of interesting (or at least potentially interesting) civilians to offer, like Garak, Guinan, Quark, Garak, Kes, Garak, Jake, or Garak.

Captain • Picard (TNG/PIC)
    First Officer • Kira (DS9)
    Science • Saru (DISCO)
    Engineer • Tucker (ENT)
    Doctor • Doctor (VOY)
    Security • Worf (TNG/DS9)
    Helm • Sulu (TOS)
    Communications • Uhura (TOS)
    Operations • Data (TNG)
    Counselor • Dax (DS9)
    Civilian • Garak (DS9)

Sneaks on
  • BloodySlothBloodySloth Registered User regular

Sneaks wrote: »
    I opted to alter Tofystedeth's format a little and add a dedicated civilian slot. After all, Star Trek has a lot of interesting (or at least potentially interesting) civilians to offer, like Garak, Guinan, Quark, Garak, Kes, Garak, Jake, or Garak.

How could you forget Garak?

• RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular

How could you forget Garak?

Because that's how Garak wants it

• MsAnthropyMsAnthropy The Lady of Pain Breaks the Rhythm, Breaks the Rhythm, Breaks the Rhythm The City of FlowersRegistered User regular
    edited June 2020

Captain • Picard (TNG/PIC)
    First Officer • Kira (DS9)
    Science • Saru (DISCO)
    Engineer • Tucker (ENT)
    Doctor • Doctor (VOY)
    Security • Worf (TNG/DS9)
    Helm • Sulu (TOS)
    Communications • Uhura (TOS)
    Operations • Data (TNG)
    Counselor • Dax (DS9)
    Civilian • Garak (DS9)

This whole thing seems like it would be fun as a 3-5 person draft with a poll for people to vote on the best crew. Personally, I would look forward to someone drafting a crew with five Rikers (ENT / TNG / DS9 / VOY / PIC), three Spocks (DIS / TOS / TNG), and two Scottys (TOS / TNG).

MsAnthropy on
    Luscious Sounds Spotify Playlist

"The only real politics I knew was that if a guy liked Hitler, I’d beat the stuffing out of him and that would be it." -- Jack Kirby
  • H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited June 2020
    I feel like Guinan should be eligible for Counselor. She basically took over Troi's original role when they realized Troi worked better as a proper Star Fleet officer, after all.

I'd make my own list, but I'm really not anywhere near familiar enough with VOY/ENT/DIS to pick people from them.

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • DanHibikiDanHibiki Registered User regular
    technically you can have William T. Riker and Thomas Riker both from TNG.

• StrikorStrikor Calibrations? Calibrations! Registered User regular
    You could actually get 2 bonus Rikers if you include Thomas.

the commons that they use to fill up the shit draws will all be Harry Kim clones.

edited June 2020
    Strikor wrote: »

One more from Hobo Beard Riker in Parallels, who may have been crazy but he did keep the ship going for, what, three years at that point after the Federation fell.

An argument could be made that Admiral Riker from All Good Things counts as an available bonus.

Hevach on
  • BloodySlothBloodySloth Registered User regular
    Captain • Mirror Universe Kira (DS9)
    First Officer • Number One (PIC)
    Science • Gegen the dinosaur-man (VOY)
    Engineer • Geordi La Forge but as that weird glowy gecko alien (TNG)
    Doctor • Stavos (TAS)
    Security • fuck it, the robotic food guardian near the end of Logan's Run, the one that goes "FISH, PLANKTON, SEA-GREENS, AND PROTEINS FROM THE SEA" (Logan's Run)
    Helm • The giant space-faring waterbear (DISCO)
    Communications • Abraham Lincoln (TOS)
    Operations • the giraffe skull that the show tries to pass off as the skull of some bird alien (ENT)
    Counselor • Sigmund Freud (TNG)
    Civilian • Neelix because he deserves this

You can tell the order at which I made these picks because i increasingly threw my hands up in the air about the decision-making

• see317see317 Registered User regular

One more from Hobo Beard Riker in Parallels, who may have been crazy but he did keep the ship going for, what, three years at that point after the Federation fell.

An argument could be made that Admiral Riker from All Good Things counts as an available bonus.

What about Pizza Chef Riker from Picard?

• MsAnthropyMsAnthropy The Lady of Pain Breaks the Rhythm, Breaks the Rhythm, Breaks the Rhythm The City of FlowersRegistered User regular

True, I only picked one bonus Thomas from DS9. Okay that plus Admiral Riker, and the two parallel Rikers from Parallels (since Captain Riker + Hobo Riker), means we can have the crew be 8 Rikers and 3 Spocks.

Luscious Sounds Spotify Playlist

"The only real politics I knew was that if a guy liked Hitler, I’d beat the stuffing out of him and that would be it." -- Jack Kirby
    edited June 2020

What about Pizza Chef Riker from Picard?

Already included in the original five non-bonus Rikers.

Edit:
    War Timeline Riker from Yesterday's Enterprise could count as another. This leaves us just one Riker away from a full crew.

Captain • Riker (PIC)
    First Officer • Riker (AGT)
    Science • Riker (ENT)
    Engineer • Thomas Riker (TNG)
    Doctor • Riker (VOY)
    Security • War Riker (Yesterdays Enterprise)
    Helm • Thomas Riker (DS9)
    Communications • Riker (DS9)
    Operations • Riker (TNG)
    Counselor • Hobo Beard Riker (Parallels)
    Civilian • Riker's trombone (TNG)

Hevach on
    edited June 2020
    MsAnthropy wrote: »

True, I only picked one bonus Thomas from DS9. Okay that plus Admiral Riker, and the two parallel Rikers from Parallels (since Captain Riker + Hobo Riker), means we can have the crew be 8 Rikers and 3 Spocks.

Forgot there was a second distinct Riker in Parallels. That would bring my list to a full crew... BUT worth mentioning that Security and Tactical are distinct departments that TNG/TOS conflate. I prefer DS9 actually distinguishing them, so I'd move War Riker to tactical, put Sane Parallel Riker on security (his main job is keeping straight which Riker is which) and keep the one trombone for all eleven Riker's to share.

Hevach on
  • StrikorStrikor Calibrations? Calibrations! Registered User regular
    Civilian can be Jonathan Frakes from Beyond Belief telling you if you're right or wrong about which Riker is which.

• override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited June 2020

Through the power of Time Travel I'm just going to claim a few copies of TNG riker to fill out my roster
    Captain • Old Riker (All Good Things/TNG)
    First Officer • Bearded Riker (Season 3/TNG)
    Science • Jonathan Frakes (Host, Beyond Belief)
    Engineer • Lt Thomas Riker (Second Chances/TNG)
    Doctor • Grizzled Riker (Parallels/TNG)
    Security • Swashbuckler Riker (Hollow Pursuits/TNG)
    Helm • Beardless Riker (Encounter at Farpoint/TNG)
    Communications • Odan Possessed Riker (The Host/TNG)
    Operations • Maquis Thomas Riker (Defiant/DS9)
    Counselor • Sexy Nipple RIker (Angel One/TNG)
    Civilian • Chef Riker (These Are The Voyages/ENT)

override367 on
  • RichyRichy Registered User regular

Through the power of Time Travel I'm just going to claim a few copies of TNG riker to fill out my roster
    Civilian • Chef Riker (These Are The Voyagers/ENT)

Xanatos needs a spot in there.

sig.gif
  • H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited June 2020
    Richy wrote: »

Xanatos is the antagonist. Just make the whole thing a one-man show.

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • CroakerBCCroakerBC TorontoRegistered User regular
    MsAnthropy wrote: »

Forgot there was a second distinct Riker in Parallels. That would bring my list to a full crew... BUT worth mentioning that Security and Tactical are distinct departments that TNG/TOS conflate. I prefer DS9 actually distinguishing them, so I'd move War Riker to tactical, put Sane Parallel Riker on security (his main job is keeping straight which Riker is which) and keep the one trombone for all eleven Riker's to share.

Does Trill Riker (Riker-Odan) count as a whole separate Riker?

edited June 2020
    My personal criteria would require a separate entity (Thomas Riker) or a different timeline/universe where Riker had a significantly distinct life (so most of the Riker's from Parallels don't count because they're the same, but Captain Riker and Hobo Riker count). The original rules of the game allow the same being from different shows to be reused per-show. I suppose we could go the same route as the mobile game and have a different Riker for every costume be ever wore.

But, I mean, if we're just going to get silly

Captain • Q Riker
    First Officer • Q Riker
    Science • Q Riker
    Engineer • Q Riker
    Doctor • Q Riker
    Security • Q Riker
    Tactical • Q Riker
    Helm • Q Riker
    Communications • Q Riker
    Operations • Q Riker
    Counselor • Q Riker
    Civilian • Q Riker
    Transporter chief • Q Riker
    Random crew person • Q Riker
    Alien of the week • Q Riker
    Recurring series villain • Q Riker
    Corrupt admiral • Q Riker
    President of the Federation • Q Riker

Hevach on
  • SolarSolar Registered User regular
    edited June 2020
    A ship where the entire crew is Q cosplaying as the TNG crew, apart from Picard who is the real Picard, would be extremely funny

Solar on
    edited June 2020
    Solar wrote: »
    A ship where the entire crew is Q cosplaying as the TNG crew, apart from Picard who is the real Picard, would be extremely funny

If Picard season 2 does not include this it will ruin all of Star Trek for me forever.

Edit:
    "I not crazy I am not crazy I am not... Computer activate the EMH!"
    "Please state the nature of the medical emergency... Mon capitan.

Hevach on
    H3Knuckles wrote: »

I mean if we're doing villain ships:
    Captain: Shran
    First Officer: Weyoun
    Security: Brunt
    Helm : Krem
    Ops : Tiron
    with the rest filled out by the various Weyouns

• AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    Doctor • Stavos (TAS)
    Security • fuck it, the robotic food guardian near the end of Logan's Run, the one that goes "FISH, PLANKTON, SEA-GREENS, AND PROTEINS FROM THE SEA" (Logan's Run)
    Operations • the giraffe skull that the show tries to pass off as the skull of some bird alien (ENT)

You can tell the order at which I made these picks because i increasingly threw my hands up in the air about the decision-making

Mirror Universe Kira for Captain makes me wonder what the horniest crew would look like.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    DanHibiki wrote: »

Science officer: The Question

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited June 2020

I would legitimately pay money to watch this

override367 on
  • CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Doctor • Stavos (TAS)

I'm disappointed that "Tom Paris as a Salamander" ddn't make your crew.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind

Ship Doctor: Herbert West

Let's just say that everyone is highly encouraged to avoid injury with him on board.

This discussion has been closed.