As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Throw Santa in the Maw for Secret Shamblers [SE++ WoW]

• AdusAdus Registered User regular
    i have to post in this thread because the 'new posts' thing isn't updating

how about the new appearance customization?

• DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    as much as we all make fun of pandas I'm glad they are getting a lot more options, they seemed pretty limited before

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    the Shadowlands intro is a thing

• PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    So is this expansion going to come out before Christmas or what? When was the last time they announced an expansion release date only like 3 or 4 months ahead of time?

• BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    I'm finding my favorite games lately ate roguelikes so I'm all excited for shadowlands

• T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    So is this expansion going to come out before Christmas or what? When was the last time they announced an expansion release date only like 3 or 4 months ahead of time?

we'll know next week! I have my doubts

Bucketman wrote: »
    I'm finding my favorite games lately ate roguelikes so I'm all excited for shadowlands

i don't think torghast is edible

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    edited June 2020
    T4CT wrote: »

we'll know next week! I have my doubts

What's the scale of profit over product uh quickness (I'm assuming subs and overwatch loot boxes are still gangbusters) at blizz atm

Ie can they continue to push fast products on a even more limited employee work force since even before the uh year old layoffs sound assume they want it as early as possible so they can fire the remainder of the contract artists

The Cow King on
    icGJy2C.png
  • Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    I am not sure how buggy the Alpha is, but they are kind of fast approaching having all the content in there.

I really would not be shocked if Soul Binds and Legendaries are further along internally, and will just be popped into alpha / beta after the announcement. Then they are just a few dungeons and the raid away from testing everything.

I feel like at this point, with a much earlier release, BFA was in a much worse place. I think they had a lot of trouble getting all the quests all done and added to the zones in that beta.

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    sounds like Method is falling apart as some of the leadership people have been outed as abusers

BahamutZERO.gif
  • T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
    sounds like Method is falling apart as some of the leadership people have been outed as abusers

The last three days have had three separate people from Method accused of sexual misconduct in one way or another, the most egregious of which is Josh, who we all knew was a fucking abuser a year ago when Kotaku did a story but Method kept him in the lineup anyways for world first and now it's come out that he's been grooming underage girls and is a pedophile and the management in Method absolutely knew about it, lied about it (straight up to people like Preach and those working with them) and now there's finally some repercussions

that's the VERY SHORT version

• Coconut MonkeyCoconut Monkey Registered User regular
    edited June 2020
    To take a bit of a devil's advocate, I can see some of their side. A friend/colleague/acquaintance you've been playing with for a long time is accused of stuff by people on the internet (this is ignoring the Sascha part, that's a whole 'nother mess). If your friend or similar acquaintance is a accused of heinous things, your first response might also be "no way" and to go with innocent until proven guilty. Someone being kind of famous in streaming circles and part of a big org can also mark them as a possible target for false accusations. You, as friends/whatever, have screenshots that could be doctored and a police investigation that stopped due to lack of evidence, so for your friend, you really want to believe that this is all unfounded.

The problem in the end however, is that you have multiple reports of abhorrent behaviour not just from the Kotaku report, a police investigation, a girl who is clearly massively distressed onstream shortly after the incident, and the perpetrator, who for a long time has been playing the part of a creepy, incel character onstream. As a business owner heading up a large esports team where appearances are everything, it is quite clear that way more attention should have been given to the evidence, that more would have been uncovered with even a cursory look, that more should have been done beyond the results of a single police report.

Now Sco's paid the price, because after the departures and gquits from today, all he seems to have left is a name, and a pretty dirty name it is right now.

Coconut Monkey on
    Not a rip on you or anything, Coco, but playing devil's advocate isn't something that should be done. You don't need to put yourself in other people's shoes when they're on the wrong side of this kind of shit, because that's the first step in sympathizing for those who've done wrong.

I've been in a situation where a friend was accused and it was pretty easy for me to re-analyze my interactions with him and come to the conclusion that, hey, actually, yeah, he is a fucking creep.

I understand! My post is for the other members that are not part of the decision making but still interacted with Josh, like the guild raid team.

That's fair, some of them might not have even known him will enough as a person to make a judgment call based on rumors.

I will not miss Method at all

That's fair, some of them might not have even known him will enough as a person to make a judgment call based on rumors.

The guy got banned from Twitch for pulling a knife on a girl and then retroactively saying it was a joke. Like over a year ago. They've known. Some of us even knew that.

edited June 2020

The guy got banned from Twitch for pulling a knife on a girl and then retroactively saying it was a joke. Like over a year ago. They've known. Some of us even knew that.

Ah i did not know that. Nevermind, that's fucking gross

Bucketman on
  • ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    yeah it's been known for a while that josh is a super scumlord, but i don't think the extent of it was known until recently. method obviously didn't give a shit because he was good at healing and they needed to play a video game

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
    Xehalus wrote: »
    I will not miss Method at all

one of the worst rogues i've ever played with

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
    On a more positive note. I got Unguent on my Enh shaman. Now I can do big boy dps mostly.

Next goal is to get a load of expedient next time it comes around. I need some decent pieces from Visions to put it on though.

edited July 2020
    https://www.wowhead.com/news=316680/five-minute-cooldown-combat-potions-in-shadowlands-bluepost

honestly, surprised its taken them this long to remove pre-potting. it's a stupid mechanic

Zay on
    sthbuf0g7b7y.png
    edited July 2020
    that saves me a lot of mats

Xehalus on
    Yeah I'm fine with that

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • AdusAdus Registered User regular
    good. fuck prepotting.

I basically never prepotted anyway, so the change seems fine to me.

• ZenyatooZenyatoo Registered User regular
    I mean, youll still pot at the start of the fight most likely. When your CD's are up and your trinkets are being used/proccing.

Or at least, that will still be an optimal time to pot. Who the hell pots anyway? nerds.

• DysDys how am I even using this gun Registered User regular
    Yeah this just make it an easier way to plan to pot at start and then at bloodlust without having to worry about messing up the timing. Except on shorter fights I guess.

Dys wrote: »
    Yeah this just make it an easier way to plan to pot at start and then at bloodlust without having to worry about messing up the timing. Except on shorter fights I guess.

Well on shorter fights you lust on pull, anyway.

Some classes have some ramp up time though, and could benefit from slightly later pots.

Also, maybe they want to design more fights where you don’t get 25+ seconds to burst dps early, and feel locked into that. N’zoth was a good example. There was no reason to preppy for that fight because of both the initial animation and the beginning dps on psychus is pretty irrelevant.

https://www.wowhead.com/news=316702/soulbind-calculator-updated-with-all-12-soulbind-trees-crazy-effects-and-passive

some of these are pretty neat, on a cursory glance the venthyr seem significantly better than the alternatives though

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
    Rest in peace, Reckful

• ZenyatooZenyatoo Registered User regular
    Zay wrote: »
    https://www.wowhead.com/news=316702/soulbind-calculator-updated-with-all-12-soulbind-trees-crazy-effects-and-passive

some of these are pretty neat, on a cursory glance the venthyr seem significantly better than the alternatives though

im still probably staying night fae but man some of these just dont seem fair in direct comparison to each other???

Night fae:
    " Podtender - When you would take damage that would kill you, instead rejuvenate within a pod, regaining 30% of HP over 10 sec. If the pod takes more than 10,000 damage during this time, you die. This effect may only occur once every 30 min."

Venthyr:
    " A Matter of Perspective - When you would suffer lethal damage instead gain Peculiar Perspective, preventing all damage dealt to you and healing you for 50% of the amount prevented for 4 sec. You may only benefit from this effect once every 8 mins."

either im dumb, or the venthyr one will basically always save you, doesnt have a 10k hp drawback, and activates about 4 times more often.

Night fae:
    " First Strike - Damaging an enemy before they damage you increases your critical strike chance by 10% for 10 sec."

Venthyr:
    " Dauntless Duelist - The first enemy you damage in combat is marked as your Adversary. You deal 4% more damage to them, and they deal 2% less damage to you. You may only have one Adversary at a time."

10% crit for 10 seconds, or 4% more damage for the entire raid boss. Gee I wonder which will be stronger.

still at least the night fae had two pretty cool looking ones
    " Final Moments - Your healing and damage to targets below 35% health is increased by 3%. When an ally dies, this benefit is increased by 500% for 30 sec. This enhancement may only occur once every 5 min."

Mirren, im going to need you to kill yourself the second we hit execute phase on every fight, thank you, god bless.

" Niya's Tools: Poison - Your interrupts apply Niya's Paralytic Poison to your target, dealing [(5.8% of Spell power + 5.8% of Attack power) * 30] Nature damage over 30 sec. Targets with Niya's Paralytic Poison take an additional (100% of Spell power + 100% of Attack power) Nature damage if interrupted once more."

I feel like this was made for prot paladins.

final moments is very good for our guild lol

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • JavenJaven Registered User regular
    What are the damage/hp values like after the level squish? Is 10k a lot?

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    i mean i would assume that numbers aren't done, on account of, game's not done

liEt3nH.png
    we roll for sacrifice and I'll soulstone them

edited July 2020
    Javen wrote: »
    What are the damage/hp values like after the level squish? Is 10k a lot?

Looking at some videos people were around 9-10k HP at level 50 with honour starting gear. But yeah everything is subject to change.

Coconut Monkey on
  • Lord DaveLord Dave Grief Causer Bitch Free ZoneRegistered User regular
    Oh wow I can officially weaponize the Mirren progression death anti jinx

mkc.png
    Yeah can’t get too excited about stuff that was deeply datamined before it’s announced. Though players can and should be stating how unbalanced it is cause maybe for some reason they think it’s ok.

I like getting the idea of what to expect from these though. Currently not a ton of huge changes for the covenant abilities however, which really leads back to it being hard to stay with locking us into one. Let’s hope when these are officially revealed they have a more polished internal build.