As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Fox/adult Disney animation] Krapopolis is apparently appropriately named

• cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Well, it finally happened. Not only will Apu be recast, but so will every other non-white character currently played by a white person, including Carl, Lou, Dr. Hibbert, etc.

Mike Henry also announced he's no longer playing Cleveland.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    Well, it finally happened. Not only will Apu be recast, but so will every other non-white character currently played by a white person, including Carl, Lou, Dr. Hibbert, etc.

Mike Henry also announced he's no longer playing Cleveland.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5ffaTv4ajg

• NosfNosf Registered User regular
    Looks like Cree Summer and Phil LaMarr just picked up some more work.

• skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Nosf wrote: »

Kevin Michael Richardson too. That guy's a voice legend.

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
    edited June 2020
    So Phil can't voice Samurai Jack now, right? Sort of vaguely curious who is allowed to voice what now.

Nosf on
  • emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    So Phil can't voice Samurai Jack now, right?

Samurai Jack has concluded.

Everything ends...until someone needs the paycheque. ;-)

skeldare wrote: »

Or, ideally, a new generation of nonwhite actors get the opportunity to do voice work.

• CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    edited June 2020
    Thank you to that article for reminding me how shittily the show responded to "The problem With Apu"
    "Something that started decades ago and was applauded and inoffensive is now politically incorrect," Lisa Simpson says in an episode while her mother, Marge, reads a children's book that has been updated to remove stereotypical references.

Lisa then looks at a framed picture of Apu on her nightstand.

"Some things will be dealt with at a later date," Marge tells her.

"If at all," Lisa responds.

Carpy on

Or, ideally, a new generation of nonwhite actors get the opportunity to do voice work.

<laughs in nolan north/troy baker>

• orangemo8orangemo8 Registered User regular
    So the Fox animated shows have each submitted one episode for consideration for Emmy Award for best animated program. Here were the episodes submitted (for Fox animation that is).

Bless the Harts - "Mega-Lo-Memories" (1BPJ07) - When the Harts' microwave breaks down, Jenny tells Violet the story of how she and Wayne met 10 years ago on Black Friday.

Bob's Burgers - "Pig Trouble in Little Tina" (9ASA04) - Tina has nightmares when she's peer pressured into dissecting a pig, while Bob tries to get a piece of earwax out.

Duncanville - "Free Range Children" (1LAZ09) - Duncan and Kimberly are tasked with going to the grocery store but end up in Mexico after getting on a truck.

Family Guy - "Peter and Lois' Wedding" (JACX05) - When the internet goes out, Peter and Lois tell the kids and Brian the story of their wedding.

The Simpsons - "Thanksgiving of Horror" (YABF19) - Three Thanksgiving stories are told in a Treehouse of Horror style including parodies of "First Thanksgiving", "Black Widow", and "Alien of Life".

In addition these episodes were submitted for comedy writing category for Emmys.

Bless the Harts - "Can't Get There From Here (A.K.A. "PILOT")" (1LBJ01) - Jenny takes a job at Bud's stripping club and Wayne teaches ostriches to do tricks to earn side hustle for Violet's expensive art school tuition.

Bob's Burgers - (10 EPISODES)

"Legends of the Mall" (9ASA05) - At the local mall, Tina fakes having a boyfriend to impress some girls, Bob goes pants shopping, Louise and Gene rent motorized animals, and Linda disrupts a book reading.

"The Hawkening: Look Who's Hawking Now" (9ASA06) - When the second half to a secret Hawk & Chick film is stolen, it's up to Louise to rescue it.

"Now We're Not Cooking with Gas" (9ASA07) - When the gas goes out, Bob is willing to do whatever it takes to cook his exotic turkey in time for the family Thanksgiving.

"Have Yourself a Maily Linda Christmas" (9ASA09) - Linda is willing to do anything it takes to get a little kid's package delivered on Christmas when it arrives a tad too late.

"Drumforgiven" (9ASA11) - Gene challenges a music employee to a electronic duel when he kicks him out of the store for not buying anything.

"A Fish Called Tina" (9ASA12) - As part of a big fish/little fish mentor program, Tina has a hard time relating to Kaylee, her little fish, and annoys her in the process, while Bob and Linda check out a nearby fitness center.

"Three Girls and a Little Wharfy" (9ASA13) - Louise joins two other girls at Wagstaff in hopes of seeing a legendary sea monster and Bob takes an online class taught by a master chef.

"Just the Trip" (9ASA17) - Nat takes the Belchers on a road trip to return a snake to her ex-girlfriend.

"The Handyman Can" (9ASA19) - After a failed handyman job, the kids help Teddy regain his confidence by telling three of their own handyman stories.

"Poops! I Didn't Do It Again" (9ASA20) - When an overnight aquarium trip is announced, Louise is excited, but becomes constipated just right before the trip, leaving her to conquer one of her biggest fears. Meanwhile, Bob, Linda, Tina, and Gene make a video for Linda's parents.

Duncanville - "Pilot" (1LAZ01) - To impress a girl he has a crush on, Duncan learns to drive, and lands himself in trouble in the process.

Family Guy - (2 EPISODES)

"Cat Fight" (JACX03) - When Quagmire opens a cat store, Brian tries to shut it down in protest, while Lois, Meg, and Chris go to religion camp.

"Rich Old Stewie" (JACX12) - After abandoning his family years into the future due to his intellect, Stewie must visit a dying Peter.

The Simpsons DID NOT submit any entries

• King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Man they just used every episode of Bobs burgers huh?

Hawk and chick 2 should have been submitted fir both though

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
    Every single currently running Fox animated show has its own panel on the virtual Comic-con coming up in a couple weeks.

New Bob's Burgers mini-sode:

https://youtu.be/Z9ZIuoQDtL0

Everything except Duncanville will premiere with new episodes Sept. 27, right on schedule.

Near as I can tell that's the only new episodic network stuff coming this fall that wasn't swiped from foreign markets.

Everything except Duncanville will premiere with new episodes Sept. 27, right on schedule.

Near as I can tell that's the only new episodic network stuff coming this fall that wasn't swiped from foreign markets.

Not quite, Fox also has 3 new fall shows, "Cosmos: Possible Worlds", "Filthy Rich", and "neXt", all of which hail from Twentieth Century Fox and were heldover. "LA's Finest", while not new is a streaming exclusive, and considering the 7% on Rotten Tomatoes, we can easily conclude that Sony sold network rights to the show to Fox for extremely cheap.

• DanHibikiDanHibiki Registered User regular
    orangemo8 wrote: »

Not quite, Fox also has 3 new fall shows, "Cosmos: Possible Worlds", "Filthy Rich", and "neXt", all of which hail from Twentieth Century Fox and were heldover. "LA's Finest", while not new is a streaming exclusive, and considering the 7% on Rotten Tomatoes, we can easily conclude that Sony sold network rights to the show to Fox for extremely cheap.

Do you work for Fox or something?

DanHibiki wrote: »

Do you work for Fox or something?

Just gotta be up to date on TV news and read them. I read DEADLINE, Hollywood Reporter, and Variety almost daily. Also, Reddit's r/television keeps me up to date.

According to commercials from Fox, the characters in season 2 of Bless the Harts have undergone significant redesigns.

Also, new episodes of Animation on Fox are scheduled for September 27, October 4, 11, 18, and 25, November 1, and January 3, 2021.

They don't look all that different tbh

• WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular

Ya it looks very similar visually, but it does change the mood/attitude of them in a way i can't place? In a good way

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508

They don't have the bridge besides their nose like in S1.

• [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular
    edited August 2020
    Wrong thred.

[Expletive deleted] on
    Sic transit gloria mundi.
  • [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular
    edited August 2020
    Wrong thread.

[Expletive deleted] on
    Sic transit gloria mundi.
    According to Futon Critic (I don't know why these get in to Futon first and not Fox's press release site first), these are the plot summaries for 9/27 on ANIMATION ON FOX.

The Simpsons - Undercover Burns - Mr. Burns goes undercover as "Fred" at the nuclear power plant and becomes friends with Homer and the gang. Burns implements all sorts of amenities to improve his employees' lives, but a jealous Smithers plots to bring the old, bitter Burns back and destroy Fred. (TS-3119)

Bless the Harts - Violet's Secret - Jenny and Betty secretly follow Violet, after becoming paranoid that she's making the same bad decisions they did as teenagers. Meanwhile, Wayne gets sued by Bobbie-Nell. (BHR-201)

Bob's Burgers - Dream a Little Bob of Bob - Bob goes on an epic quest to find a misplaced lock box key. Tina attempts to learn a hand-slapping song that everyone can do - but her. (BOB-1001)

Family Guy - Stewie's First Word - Stewie finally says his first word, and it's a swear. When Lois is shunned by the other moms, she tries to figure out where Stewie could have possibly learned it. (FG-1717)

You know Bobby I could have just cut it open and put a new lock in. Fun day though huh?

Oh my god

• Hexmage-PAHexmage-PA Registered User regular
    Family Guy - Stewie's First Word - Stewie finally says his first word, and it's a swear. When Lois is shunned by the other moms, she tries to figure out where Stewie could have possibly learned it. (FG-1717)

I kinda can't believe it's taken 20 years for them to do this plot.

• DanHibikiDanHibiki Registered User regular
    You know Bobby I could have just cut it open and put a new lock in. Fun day though huh?

Oh my god

Damn it Bobby...

New ANIMATION DOMINATION posters to promote the new seasons

• Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular

Oh my god

Damn it Bobby...

I read this insane article the other day that basically lays out the case for Bobby actually being Bill's biological son and I'm convinced now, that's all I can say...

H9f4bVe.png
    Golden Yak wrote: »

Oh my god

Damn it Bobby...

I read this insane article the other day that basically lays out the case for Bobby actually being Bill's biological son and I'm convinced now, that's all I can say...

Bill would never. Even before his depression thats not who he was.

EPISODES FOR OCTOBER 4

The Simpsons - I, Carumbus - At a museum exhibit of Ancient Rome, Marge and Homer get into an argument about Homer’s lack of ambition. They then imagine a Roman version of what would happen if Homer was more career-driven. (TS-3118)

Bless the Harts - The Last Supper - When a chain restaurant called Lord Lobster moves into a new location right off the highway, Greenpoint and The Last Supper fear they are in danger of financial ruin. After deciding to film a commercial showing off the best that Greenpoint has to offer, Jenny becomes frustrated with her fellow residents’ behavior in front of the camera. (BHR-111)

Bob's Burgers - Worms of In-Rear-ment - Linda tries to take her family to the symphony on free admission night, but her efforts are thwarted by a pinworm epidemic. (BOB-923)

Family Guy - The Talented Mr. Stewie - Stewie "breaks up with" Rupert after learning that he used to belong to Chris. Unable to get over his feelings of betrayal, Stewie decides to take action. (FG-1720)

edited September 2020
    So Bless the Harts is just full on stealing King of the hill episode ideas now huh?

King Riptor on
  • skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    New season of Bob's Burgers looking good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZPpmUtFzKk

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
    So Bless the Harts is just full on stealing King of the hill episode ideas now huh?

Which episode idea did they steal? I don't think they ever stole an idea.

New season of Bob's Burgers looking good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZPpmUtFzKk

I cannot wait for the new season of Bob's Burger.

Not allowed to watch that in Canada for some reason. Imbeciles.

Not allowed to watch that in Canada for some reason. Imbeciles.

Fox blocks outside the US now cause they only do business in the US. They sold all their international stuff to Disney.

The movie subplot is the literally just the Cowboys training camp film

The movie subplot is the literally just the Cowboys training camp film

I've seen that episode. I'd say it does sort of borrow the idea, but we'll have to see how the episode plays out when it airs. Remember that Duncanville's Red Head Redemption is basically a rehash of Lisa on Ice and it was still good.