As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WH40K] Battle Forge is here

• Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Isnt Rowboat a LoW?

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Isnt Rowboat a LoW?

The Primarchs are all lords of war.

Bobby G is the only one with not a lot of wounds.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    McGibs wrote: »
    Makes me happy that bringing a LoW actually has some strategic cost now. Getting tired of every Tsons, Deathguard and Ultramarine list featuring a primarch (though Bobby still refunds his 3CP just for showing up)

Sure he does, but unless you make him somehow not the Warlord, you still have to pay the same for your Battalion or whatever. Is that even possible?

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    edited June 2020
    Mr_Rose wrote: »
    Makes me happy that bringing a LoW actually has some strategic cost now. Getting tired of every Tsons, Deathguard and Ultramarine list featuring a primarch (though Bobby still refunds his 3CP just for showing up)

Sure he does, but unless you make him somehow not the Warlord, you still have to pay the same for your Battalion or whatever. Is that even possible?

He's a marine so the chances that he gets errataed to not cost CP or something like are not that low.

Or at least something to make I'm CP neutral and or additional CP per turn in the next marine codex which is probably not far out.

honovere on
  • Options
    honovere wrote: »

He's a marine so the chances that he gets errataed to not cost CP or something like are not that low.

Or at least something to make I'm CP neutral and or additional CP per turn in the next marine codex which is probably not far out.

He already “costs” zero - making him give enough CP to make the first Infantry detachment free as well would be something else.

• Options
    edited June 2020

He already “costs” zero - making him give enough CP to make the first Infantry detachment free as well would be something else.

He only gives 3 CP if he's the warlord, so while his super heavy detachment is "free", your battalion now lost its command benefit that gives you 3 CP if it includes warlord so you are now at -3CP for the battalion.

His special rule does kinda nothing in effect.

honovere on
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    So the pre orders for Pariah and such went up earlier
    I thought Illuminator Szeras would be 75+ so both him the Daemonifuge and Kyganil of the bloody tears as the same price of $50 sadly I really wanted the comic collection so again gw did the limited print of it, It seems

• Options
    Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »
    I really wanted the comic collection so again gw did the limited print of it, It seems

I see it listed on Amazon.

PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
  • Options
    Today's preview is Chaos Knights basically the same thing different flavor as yesterday
    I don't have a titan {I do have a stompa I lost the crown to?} But since they showed off the Chaos Knights last year I kind of wanted to get one just for fun and brutal games over getting an imperial one
    As aesthetically they have a certain appeal over the imperial ones

• Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    The "open play only" Goff characters in the new White Dwarf are pretty hilarious. One of the Goff Rocker's auras turns your exploding 6s into exploding 5s.

• Options
    No-QuarterNo-Quarter Nothing To Fear But Fear ItselfRegistered User regular
    edited June 2020
    I won my Deathguard vs Custodes game! :D

I used 7th company to get the Plague Surgeon DR buff. With him the big blob of Plague Marines were nearly unkillable until they got charged by the jet bikes. The poison bolter strat did WORK, especially with 6s to wound causing -4ap.

DR on the Raider and Dred made them nearly invulnerable, and both they and the PBC survived along with the Lord of Contagion who along with Deathshroud, butchered his way through Custodes infantry including Trajan Valoris.

No-Quarter on
  • Options
    No-QuarterNo-Quarter Nothing To Fear But Fear ItselfRegistered User regular
    Good lord, I need to review my posts when typing by phone!

• Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    Added the two extra gate legs to my table for extra stability and I'm pretty satisfied with it. Though the one side that is not fully level is still not fully level but I got a plan for that.

Gonna try to play a game of 40K with my brother sometime this week.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    edited June 2020
    As someone who has Guilliman in most of his lists, not a fan of the new super-heavy aux stuff. We'll see how it plays out once we see the rules in their totality but not a huge fan of that snippet.

GnomeTank on
    Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    I am stiill tempted to get a chaos knight and some armigars and play that as a in house army

• Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Well.

The new Primaris melta marines have 24 inch melta guns and can fire twice at a target.

That's just great.

• Options
    Burnage wrote: »
    Well.

The new Primaris melta marines have 24 inch melta guns and can fire twice at a target.

That's just great.

I guess in gravis so T5 3W models.

Again I am just playing ad mech this edition. Lots of ways to deal with these types of models.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Well.

That's just great.

I guess in gravis so T5 3W models.

Again I am just playing ad mech this edition. Lots of ways to deal with these types of models.

I guess I am building my Wraith knight and other models as well as my latest temption of building a Chaos knight army {basically a despoiler and some war dogs}

• Options
    ElaroElaro Apologetic Registered User regular
    Well.

That's just great.

Oh, so they're one-barreled multi-meltas, okay, okay, cool, that's cool, that can... shoot twice... ?

Children's rights are human rights.
  • Options
    Elaro wrote: »
    Well.

That's just great.

Oh, so they're one-barreled multi-meltas, okay, okay, cool, that's cool, that can... shoot twice... ?

The guns shoot once. The unit has a special rule that it can shoot twice if all models target the same unit with all the shots. So no split fire.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    I don’t get the errata they suggested for the Knights. They already have this erratum:
    Page 106 – Knight Lances ability
    Change the last sentence to read:
    ‘The Command Benefit of each Imperial Knights Super- heavy Detachment is changed to ‘None’ if it does not contain at least one Imperial Knights Titanic unit, and is changed to ‘+6 Command Points’ if it contains at least three Imperial Knights Titanic units.’

Are they going to change that again? Seems wholly unnecessary to me.

• Options
    BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    Screenshot_20200629-105501_Twitch.jpg?width=1861&height=905

That's a Marine unit alright.

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • Options
    There's a caveat that power levels are likely to change in 9th but it's fucking hilarious that those are apparently cheaper than a unit of Fire Dragons, which are T3 models with 1 wound each that have the same gun except with half the range. And, apparently, one less shot per unit if they fire at the same target.

• Options
    edited June 2020
    The new unit coherency rules feel kind of confusing. Having to be within 2 inches horizontally and 5 inches vertically seems odd in my head.

pqidg7777r2a.jpg
    5xfa9m6czvnt.jpg

Stragint on
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

• Options
    McGibsMcGibs TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited June 2020
    It also doesnt really seem to do anything to prevent daisychaining as the article stipulates: "No more will long convoluted chains of Imperial Guard squads or Gretchin mobs cover the entirety of a player’s backfield."

If anything, the chains are just more convoluted.
    shngtn81t5u9.jpg

EDIT:
    oh wait.... I guess with the congaline thing as soon as you lose your triangular end-bracket, the entire live evaporates because the guy on the end will be out of coherency. The best you can do is double-layer them, which IS an actual change.

McGibs on
    website_header.jpg
  • Options
    The coherency check rule seems to prevent what's already being lovingly referred to as bone formation. You can still daisy chain, but as soon as one model from that unit is killed it'll get almost wiped out because most of the models won't satisfy the coherency check for units larger than 5 models.

• Options
    NorgothNorgoth cardiffRegistered User regular
    Stragint wrote: »
    The new unit coherency rules feel kind of confusing. Having to be within 2 inches horizontally and 5 inches vertically seems odd in my head.

pqidg7777r2a.jpg
    5xfa9m6czvnt.jpg

The second part is essentially how it works in AoS. Works pretty well there. Whilst yes you can do more complex chains like McGibbs shows, but when you start pulling casualties you're going to have to give up an objective.

• Options
    Yeah adding AoS style coherency rules was one of the changes I was hoping for. Again MSUs are really becoming the center piece of most armies.

Cultist are now being degraded in my list building.

I will pay the extra 15 points for CSM in a 5 man squad to do things in the background. Easier to hide. Less issues with morale and coherency.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    It seems like a lot is stacked against max sized units, now. Necron resurrection protocols better be amazing....

• Options
    I do like this new coherency rule and I feel like it will make interesting dilemmas for squads with different weapons in them. The rule just seems weird when I think about formation.

Really liking how 9th is shaping up.

• Options
    I've only seen two units so far leaked, those Eradicators and this Necron one.
    Screenshot_20200629-105546_Twitch.jpg?width=1861&height=905
    Well, in our local meta, one of my buddies has sniped my Cryptek a few times with his assassin, so....

• Options
    Bizazedo wrote: »
    I've only seen two units so far leaked, those Eradicators and this Necron one.
    Screenshot_20200629-105546_Twitch.jpg?width=1861&height=905
    Well, in our local meta, one of my buddies has sniped my Cryptek a few times with his assassin, so....

The cryptothralls actually seem pretty mean. I am liking those little trashcans.

• Options
    Stragint wrote: »
    The cryptothralls actually seem pretty mean. I am liking those little trashcans.
    I'm wondering / assuming Szeras will have the Cryptek keyword, too, which if true would be nice w/these.

• Options
    Those thralls are actually hilarious. They're probably cheap enough just to bring for the ablative wounds, but the 12 attacks is funny as hell.

• Options
    Big fan of the Imperium lately getting better versions of aspect warrior units, plus special characters with better catapults and a harlequin character, really big fan.

So 3 eradicators are cheaper than 5 firedragons, with 6 vs. 5 meltashots at Double the range, t5 vs t3, 9 wounds vs 6, Angels of death vs crackshot/assured destruction.

• Options
    Big fan of the Imperium lately getting better versions of aspect warrior units, plus special characters with better catapults and a harlequin character, really big fan.

So 3 eradicators are cheaper than 5 firedragons, with 6 vs. 5 meltashots at Double the range, t5 vs t3, 9 wounds vs 6, Angels of death vs crackshot/assured destruction.

Whila't I can understand the saltiness, they don't get guide, or doom, or webway deepstrike or exarch powers and we don't know what the points of Firedragons are now. Maybe they're cheaper, we just don't know.

• Options
    NealnealNealneal Registered User regular
    Norgoth wrote: »

Whila't I can understand the saltiness, they don't get guide, or doom, or webway deepstrike or exarch powers and we don't know what the points of Firedragons are now. Maybe they're cheaper, we just don't know.

As a marine player, I'd point out that within 6" of a Lieutenant and Captain, you're rerolling 1s to hit and wound and if throw in a Chaplain with Recitation of Focus and you're hitting on 2s.

I only say this because those three characters are also in the box.

• Options
    One of the most salty people I know is a Sisters/Guard/Slaanesh daemons player. They just look at stuff and are just not happy with it yet. They don't see how it fixes their problems with 8th. Especially around their mono-slaanesh army.

I am excited with 9th, it looks like rewards how I like to play and build.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    I think I figured out why the coherency thing is so confusing to me. For some reason my brain was connecting vertical to mean a diagonal line on ground level instead of up on terrain.

My confusion is cleared and I feel like a doofus.

Edit: also realized there is no chance of getting Szeras and the pariah book on Saturday since mail wont be delivered on Saturday. Probably wouldn't have gotten here on Saturday anyway but I still had a little hope.

Stragint on

• Options
    I am ordering Pariah through the dude who's painting Szeras for me. Figure I'll get him to do the additional minis as well and surprise my Imperial friend with them.

Unless they're OP, then they go on eBay.