As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

QUILTBAG: It’s Pride Time

• R-demR-dem Registered User regular
    Fearghaill wrote: »
    Elldren wrote: »
    you cannot

Is there a summary for people who can’t facebook?

Spoiled for convenience because it's a bunch of images:
    enmGaqN.png
    hTnB4WY.png
    X1pBG9u.png
    23o09OC.png
    yFzveZ4.png
    tCDoqSh.png
    epoUjna.png
    bzfT8rh.png

I must have gone through these six or seven times now and y'all I love them. Love love love them.

Also I know I'm late to the party but Fleur De Alys those pictures are amazing.

Happy Pride, y'all. Lots of love.

• KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    edited June 2020
    @furlion This popped up on twitter today, and I remembered you had been looking for more info on TLOU2. There's more in the tweet thread, including some video from the game.

Ugh.

Ketar on
  • credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/06/18/opinion/testosterone-therapy.html

I liked this essay. The author feels similarly to how I do.

@Brovid Hasselsmof @Satanic Jesus worth reading imo

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    edited June 2020
    Ketar wrote: »
    furlion This popped up on twitter today, and I remembered you had been looking for more info on TLOU2. There's more in the tweet thread, including some video from the game.

Ugh.

It is weird that this person called that out while none of the other LGBT reviewers did. I assume it takes place in the part of the game the were restricted from talking about but it still seems like they could have mentioned it without violating the agreement. I guess I will find out for myself this weekend. Also will probably check out some more reviews as various time zones got midnight and are no longer bound by any restrictions.

furlion on
    sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    yeah it's because of embargoes that it hasn't been in any reviews, and I suspect very strongly that the embargo agreements were very ironclad about not mentioning stuff from the latter portions of the game

• pimentopimento she/they/pim Registered User regular
    furlion wrote: »
    furlion This popped up on twitter today, and I remembered you had been looking for more info on TLOU2. There's more in the tweet thread, including some video from the game.

Ugh.

It is weird that this person called that out while none of the other LGBT reviewers did. I assume it takes place in the part of the game the were restricted from talking about but it still seems like they could have mentioned it without violating the agreement. I guess I will find out for myself this weekend. Also will probably check out some more reviews as various time zones got midnight and are no longer bound by any restrictions.

Kotaku put up some more info (with some big spoilers) about it, addressing that scene and other things. Sounds like it was an embargo'd thing for reviews so they were barred from talking about it.

• BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Today was 7 months of hormones and I had the day off so:
    4shg7babthha.jpg

It has been....a very odd and stressful first pride month but I am very glad to be here.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    BlankZoe wrote: »
    4shg7babthha.jpg

It has been....a very odd and stressful first pride month but I am very glad to be here.

You look friggin fantastic!

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    damn blank! you look great!

BahamutZERO.gif
  • furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    pimento wrote: »
    furlion wrote: »

Ugh.

Kotaku put up some more info (with some big spoilers) about it, addressing that scene and other things. Sounds like it was an embargo'd thing for reviews so they were barred from talking about it.

That doesn't seem like those two found it to be bad though, just shocking. Thanks for linking it though.

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    BlankZoe wrote: »
    4shg7babthha.jpg

Fuckin' love the hairdo, lady. You look great.

• ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    I am bewildered at the reviews of TLOU2.

The story has so many plot points that are contrived nonsense where characters do a absolute 180 just for one moment solely so the games plot can continue.

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    I came out as bi to my sister tonight

here is what she said:
    My sister wrote:
    Just so you know...no matter what, you'll always be my skinny dumb little brother. I'll love you just the same. <3

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    edited June 2020
    then I threatened to hug her and she went UGH, GROSS

(our family is extremely repressed)

Shorty on
  • WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    your sister is fabulous

I had a VERY GOOD date today

we have another on tuesday :3

Shorty wrote: »
    then I threatened to hug her and she went UGH, GROSS

(our family is extremely repressed)
    This is Wholesome Sibling Content

CYpGAPn.png
    Whippy wrote: »
    your sister is fabulous

she's pretty good!

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Okay so, some really nice stuff from the date yesterday:

She's also a bit genderfluid, so pretty much 'gets' everything about my NB-ness from the get go, which is just... incredibly relaxing.

She asked me a question that I've never had anyone ask before, and it was really sweet, which was essentially if I had a preference for being complimented with terms that are generally more masculine or more feminine, and we just sorta hashed that out and it was just very fascinating to think about (because of the cultural norms associated with words that have no inherently gendered meaning but indicate different things to different people) and incredibly thoughtful of her to ask about.

I apparently give potentially the best hugs she's ever had, and she isn't usually super huggy on a first date, so I was a very curious and welcome exception.

I'm literally almost twice her height, which we found really funny.

We also trashtalked my brother a lot, which is always satisfying, over shit like him working for the daily mail and thinking that women don't like men (not that I am a man, per se) with multiple ear piercings.

• Fleur de AlysFleur de Alys Biohacker Registered User regular
    ya girl got her consultation date

It's *checks calendar* exactly one year from now

But it's a date, it's happening

o_o

Triptycho: A card-and-dice tabletop indie RPG currently in development and playtesting
  • StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    I had my consultation today!

...for my gallbladder.

Which is why I’m posting. The surgeon was very nice and accommodating, but also super clueless about transgender medicine. Like, he had no idea what the spiro was for. I told him about the clotting risk with HRT, and he just said he’d put me on blood thinners and didn’t say to go off the meds until after the surgery.

This has me a bit nervous, but it is laparoscopic so maybe it’s not as big a risk compared to open surgery? I’m calling the doctor responsible for my hormones to get her opinion, but I want to see if anyone else on estrogens and t blockers had similar surgery and what their experience was.

YL9WnCY.png
  • SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    Just got on Injections and I feel so good on them.

Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Found out today that my surgery date has been moved, so it's now next Friday. Which yes, great, get it over with please so I can never have to wear a binder ever again. It's also now in central London which is a pain in the arse but hey ho.

I guess I should start actually sorting things out for the recovery. I am definitely going to forget all the useful stuff I should have around.

• aStoryAboutYouaStoryAboutYou Registered User regular
    I guess I should start actually sorting things out for the recovery.

yo congrats on it being so soon!

one tip I'd offer (and apologies if this is a repeat, or if you've seen this already in a more comprehensive guide) is: definitely make sure to move a good supply of your glasses/plates/utensils/food to shelves that're about waist-height. same goes for any toothpaste or whatever that might be up in a bathroom cabinet that you'd definitely want in the weeks following.

oWv6S12.gif
  • Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Found out today that my surgery date has been moved, so it's now next Friday. Which yes, great, get it over with please so I can never have to wear a binder ever again. It's also now in central London which is a pain in the arse but hey ho.

I guess I should start actually sorting things out for the recovery. I am definitely going to forget all the useful stuff I should have around.

I hope it all goes super well and you feel like a million bucks (not sure what the conversion rate is, sorry) and it heals quickly and you're back to whatever "normal" looks like these days!

Let us know if there's anything we can do to help

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular

I hope it all goes super well and you feel like a million bucks (not sure what the conversion rate is, sorry) and it heals quickly and you're back to whatever "normal" looks like these days!

811,620.00 Pound sterling

liEt3nH.png
  • ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular

811,620.00 Pound sterling

I love you all but I really don’t have that kind of cash sitting around to give away.

Is there some non-monetary way to help?

fuck gendered marketing
  • TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    Is there still time to plan a heist that takes advantage of the reduced traffic due to COVID?

• initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    A) there's always time to pull one last heist and then we can retire.

B) aye this asshole finally got banned from twitter
    xuds6e7c7s8d.png

• ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    And Twitter has confirmed it's permanent.

• StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Today is three years on HRT! Celebrating better living through chemistry.

YL9WnCY.png
    WHAT UP
    A year ago today I fell asleep and a doctor grabbed a vagina out of the vagina printer and slapped it on me.

I....believe that's how it works? Pretty sure. Yeah it's probably right.

Anyway! If anyone had questions about the process or getting insurance to not be assholes or recovery or anything, hit me up. Here to help how I can.

Love y'all

• GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    edited June 2020
    Better Living Through Chemistry is both the name of my band and the name of my dystopian novel.

Gundi on
    WHAT UP
    A year ago today I fell asleep and a doctor grabbed a vagina out of the vagina printer and slapped it on me.

I....believe that's how it works? Pretty sure. Yeah it's probably right.

Anyway! If anyone had questions about the process or getting insurance to not be assholes or recovery or anything, hit me up. Here to help how I can.

Love y'all

Also also I got in with a Dr this week to look at getting some revisions done on the surgery stuff so here's hoping the damn insurance doesn't wanna be assholes on this round!

Deep breaths I guess

• Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Gundi wrote: »
    Better Living Through Chemistry is both the name of my band and the name of my dystopian novel.

Also a pretty great Queens Of The Stone Age song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZN8z7AX4V0k

• CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Hey this pretty cool thing happened in the world of webcomics today.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    That comic has got me fucked up!

Fucked up!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPRT4gy58YY

• SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    I am not surprised that tweet is cracking eggs.

Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
This discussion has been closed.