As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Cyberpunk 2077, the Seizure Inducing Videogame, Released December 10

• Options
    rahkeesh2000rahkeesh2000 Registered User regular
    ED! wrote: »
    el_vicio wrote: »
    The screenshots in this RPS article about Cyberpunk and RTX look so good

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2020/06/26/heres-a-closer-look-at-cyberpunk-2077s-rtx-tech/

I just saw a DF video looking at DSS vs native 4K and I think that just convinced me to go back to NVIDIA. That and the fact that it doesn't look like AMD has ANY answer to DSS or Ray Tracing.

Who is supplying the next gen console GPUs again?

Wait till August if you can. AMD's upcoming cards will at least push down NVIDIA prices substantially if nothing else. And its not like its going to be cheap to buy a green upgrade over a 5700 right now outside of raytracing.

DLSS 2.0 is great but game support remains a challenge precisely because AMD aka Consoles don't have it.

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2020/06/26/heres-a-closer-look-at-cyberpunk-2077s-rtx-tech/

I just saw a DF video looking at DSS vs native 4K and I think that just convinced me to go back to NVIDIA. That and the fact that it doesn't look like AMD has ANY answer to DSS or Ray Tracing.

Wait till August if you can. AMD's upcoming cards will at least push down NVIDIA prices substantially if nothing else. And its not like its going to be cheap to buy a green upgrade over a 5700 right now outside of raytracing.

DLSS 2.0 is great but game support remains a challenge precisely because AMD aka Consoles don't have it.

AMD cards haven't pushed down the price of an nvidia card substantially in years.

I'm not saying they couldn't, look what Ryzen did to Intel, but I wouldn't bet the farm on it happening.

• Options
    rahkeesh2000rahkeesh2000 Registered User regular
    edited June 2020

AMD cards haven't pushed down the price of an nvidia card substantially in years.

I'm not saying they couldn't, look what Ryzen did to Intel, but I wouldn't bet the farm on it happening.

The 2000 series are overpriced right now due to being the only raytracing game in town. And NVidia themselves are bringing a massive upgrade with Ampere to remain king when AMD brings in their competition. They are also both strangely going to be in some competition with new consoles that are approaching 2080s and will be $500 or less. This isn't a normal upgrade cycle we are looking at here.

Really if you are already sitting on something as powerful as a 5700 you should just wait and see in a few months.

rahkeesh2000 on
  • Options
    jammujammu 2020 is now. Registered User regular
    edited June 2020
    Yeah. There is no such thing as future-proofing your pc.

I got a basic 1070, which is marginally slower than 5700. They are both going to run Cyberpunk just fine.
    Edit: while checking the benchmarks I noticed that both of them are among the "best performance for your $"-videocards.

jammu on
    Ww8FAMg.jpg
  • Options
    stopgapstopgap Registered User regular
    What's the theory on how well a rtx 2060 will run this?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    That's a bit better graphics card than 1070 or 5700, so it should be fine.

Ww8FAMg.jpg
  • Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    I honestly, truly forget that AMD makes video cards. I’m not trying to sound like an Nvidia fanboy either. Every time someone brings it up I’m like, “Oh shit, they do make video cards don’t they!”

A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    NightslyrNightslyr Registered User regular
    So... Who else reinstalled Deus Ex as a way to pass the time/scratch that cyberpunk itch?

• Options
    EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    Nightslyr wrote: »
    So... Who else reinstalled Deus Ex as a way to pass the time/scratch that cyberpunk itch?

Planning on replaying the three shadowrun games closer to release.

• Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    In a way I'm grateful for the preparation...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKF0IYwhrjk

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    Axen wrote: »
    I honestly, truly forget that AMD makes video cards. I’m not trying to sound like an Nvidia fanboy either. Every time someone brings it up I’m like, “Oh shit, they do make video cards don’t they!”

*sighs in Radeon*

• Options

*sighs in Radeon*

Hah!

You can't blame me though! People can argue about which cards are better and I don't deny that AMD can make superior video cards. However, I don't think there is any arguing about Nvidia's dominance over the mindshare of consumers. Most every time I load up a game there is the Nvidia splash screen. Streamers are almost always rocking whatever the latest and greatest Nvidia card is. And even when Devs list recommended specs for their game they either omit AMD or almost always list Nvidia first and then AMD.

I hope Nvidia's marketing people get nice bonuses cause they friggin earned it.

• Options
    SiliconStewSiliconStew Registered User regular

Console buyers don't really notice AMD are used in the PS4, PS5, Xbox 360, Xbox One, Xbox One X, GameCube, Wii, and Wii U.

Just remember that half the people you meet are below average intelligence.
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular

Console buyers don't really notice AMD are used in the PS4, PS5, Xbox 360, Xbox One, Xbox One X, GameCube, Wii, and Wii U.

Who?

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    As I've sort of stumbled into owning two copies of the game, I admit I'm curious to see how it will compare on Xbox One X versus my three-year-old gaming laptop that sports a GTX 1080. Much will probably depend on if the Xbox version offers "performance" and "resolution" type graphics options; CDPR's own The Witcher 3 did (1080p/60fps vs 4K/30fps, basically), but I wonder if 60fps on a One X at any resolution is too much of an ask for CP2077 even if it has graphical compromises to help. But the laptop should be within its capabilities even if it needs to steer clear of the Ultra sort of level settings (and, obviously, raytracing, although that should in theory be usable at appalling framerates to get pretty screenshots since it got activated for 10xx series cards a while back).

• Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    Jazz wrote: »
    As I've sort of stumbled into owning two copies of the game, I admit I'm curious to see how it will compare on Xbox One X versus my three-year-old gaming laptop that sports a GTX 1080. Much will probably depend on if the Xbox version offers "performance" and "resolution" type graphics options; CDPR's own The Witcher 3 did (1080p/60fps vs 4K/30fps, basically), but I wonder if 60fps on a One X at any resolution is too much of an ask for CP2077 even if it has graphical compromises to help. But the laptop should be within its capabilities even if it needs to steer clear of the Ultra sort of level settings (and, obviously, raytracing, although that should in theory be usable at appalling framerates to get pretty screenshots since it got activated for 10xx series cards a while back).

As a quasi-open world game (at least), probably not. 30 hz is a pretty regular fallback in that genre for self-explanatory reasons.

Not that I wouldn't want it to be 60 hz either, and as CD Projekt Red has demonstrated they're not against the idea of two performance profiles, a 1080p/60hz version on XB1X doesn't seem unrealistic in the least. I'm assuming the massive graphical feature upgrade from The Witcher 3 would rule out, say, a 1440p (upscaled to 4K)/60hz mode of some variety (this might be the "fidelity" rather than "performance" mode).

• Options
    Paweł Sasko - Lead Quest Designer, did some interview in a non-english place, some stuff from it:

-Length of story is not normalized. They aimed at making the Main story a tad shorter than TW3 one since feedback they got suggested many players felt that after Kaer Morhen the remaining story was an epilogue - in place of it, they put immensly more work into side quests that do impact main story. Length of the story depends on your origin, side quests, characters you side with, your story choices and preferred play style.

-Pacifist playthrough possibility reaffirmed - although the correct understanding of a Pacifist here should be not killing anyone - some violence will be present.

-As far as relationships go, it's supposedely an insane evolution in portraying human psychic, behaviours and general growth from Witchers. Both one night stands and longer relationships, but conveyed in realistic ways. Just being the player doesn't open all doors for you - npcs have their own preferences and relationships are layered - From antagonistic, neutral, through friendship all the way up.

-Paweł and many designers took great inspirations from VTM: Bloodlines. He was in fact a game master for the paper versions of World of Darkness for a long time.

-Badlands is a fully explorable part of the game, not just a prologue thing.
    -life path is important not only for prologue and dialogue options, but also endings may differ

-life path origin stories in prologue are not symmetrical (Corpo prologue is shorter than Nomads', but it's balanced so there are more elements to Corpo play-style in later parts of the game)

-police might not intervene when you commit a crime in gang controlled area

-MAX-TAC can hunt you if you go too far, but he didn't specify when they'll intervene

-game will give you a clear message when you'll be closing to the endgame, so you'll have time to finish side quests, also you'll be able to come back to before that endgame state to continue playing

-gameplay choices - limited number of slots to install cyberware, but it's possible to replace already installed

-he compared cyberware to smartphones nowadays, sure there are people without it but its harder to live like that, same with cyberware, you might choose not to install such upgrades, but you will be weaker
    -apartment similar to Adam Jensen's (Deus Ex) - not customizable, but interactive
    -you can pet cats

Source is from SA cyberpunk thread, but it seems credible.

Ww8FAMg.jpg
  • Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    jammu wrote: »
    -you can pet cats

GOTY.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    NightslyrNightslyr Registered User regular
    I really need to play TW3. I bought it a year or so ago, in order to see how good CDPR actually is, but never got through more than like 30 minutes before life got in the way. I know nothing of the series, outside that it's based on a Polish(?) fantasy novel series.

• Options
    IIRC in regards to police intervention the Devs mentioned that depending on who controls the territory you are in it may not be the police at all that come after you. Gangs may be criminals, but having someone go ape shit on their turf is still bad for business. So various gangs/criminal organizations may deal with you themselves if you cause too much of a fuss.

• Options
    MorranMorran Registered User regular
    edited June 2020
    Slowly, against my own expectations, getting hyped up for this game.

Two things are slightly unclear since i have not really paid attention so far:

1) I plan to buy one of the next-gen consoles this fall. Will i be able to buy a boxed copy of the game at that point (further delays notwithstanding)? If so, will that copy be a "real" next-gen version of the game or the current-gen version running in whichever boost-mode available in ps5/xboxx? What is this about a "next-gen patch" coming next year?

2) am i correctly understanding that the gameplay will be somewhat immersive-sim-y, like the last two Deus ex games?

Morran on
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    jammu wrote: »
    Paweł Sasko - Lead Quest Designer, did some interview in a non-english place, some stuff from it:

-Length of story is not normalized. They aimed at making the Main story a tad shorter than TW3 one since feedback they got suggested many players felt that after Kaer Morhen the remaining story was an epilogue - in place of it, they put immensly more work into side quests that do impact main story. Length of the story depends on your origin, side quests, characters you side with, your story choices and preferred play style.

-Pacifist playthrough possibility reaffirmed - although the correct understanding of a Pacifist here should be not killing anyone - some violence will be present.

-As far as relationships go, it's supposedely an insane evolution in portraying human psychic, behaviours and general growth from Witchers. Both one night stands and longer relationships, but conveyed in realistic ways. Just being the player doesn't open all doors for you - npcs have their own preferences and relationships are layered - From antagonistic, neutral, through friendship all the way up.

-Paweł and many designers took great inspirations from VTM: Bloodlines. He was in fact a game master for the paper versions of World of Darkness for a long time.

-Badlands is a fully explorable part of the game, not just a prologue thing.
    -life path is important not only for prologue and dialogue options, but also endings may differ

-life path origin stories in prologue are not symmetrical (Corpo prologue is shorter than Nomads', but it's balanced so there are more elements to Corpo play-style in later parts of the game)

-police might not intervene when you commit a crime in gang controlled area

-MAX-TAC can hunt you if you go too far, but he didn't specify when they'll intervene

-game will give you a clear message when you'll be closing to the endgame, so you'll have time to finish side quests, also you'll be able to come back to before that endgame state to continue playing

-gameplay choices - limited number of slots to install cyberware, but it's possible to replace already installed

-he compared cyberware to smartphones nowadays, sure there are people without it but its harder to live like that, same with cyberware, you might choose not to install such upgrades, but you will be weaker
    -apartment similar to Adam Jensen's (Deus Ex) - not customizable, but interactive
    -you can pet cats

This all sounds very good indeed!

Cat petting confirmed!

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Little disappointed the game's player character selection seems to operate on a gender binary (traditionally femme or masc body, with the game's pronouns being based on whether you choose a femme or masc voice), but I shouldn't be surprised. This game looks too expensive to cover all those bases.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    I don't know if that was sarcasm, but it would be trivial to make voice and pronouns separate. The player character is never going to refer to themselves in the third person.

• Options
    Aistan wrote: »
    I don't know if that was sarcasm, but it would be trivial to make voice and pronouns separate. The player character is never going to refer to themselves in the third person.

Lord knows I've long given up on that dream.

• Options
    FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    edited June 2020
    Aistan wrote: »

I think they're talking about people who don't identify as male or female.

Foefaller on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    I guess using they would require more dialogue, sure. But CD Projekt owns GOG they have as much money as they need to do pretty much anything they want to. If something as small as this isn't in the game it's because they didn't want to or didn't think of it.

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular

The 2000 series are overpriced right now due to being the only raytracing game in town. And NVidia themselves are bringing a massive upgrade with Ampere to remain king when AMD brings in their competition. They are also both strangely going to be in some competition with new consoles that are approaching 2080s and will be $500 or less. This isn't a normal upgrade cycle we are looking at here.

Really if you are already sitting on something as powerful as a 5700 you should just wait and see in a few months.

I've been hearing how AMD is going to eat Nvidias lunch since Vega was announced and to date they have not made a card that can compete at the high end at all. The 5700XT is the best card they've put out and it doesnt even pass the 2080, and has zero raytracing hardware

AMDs GPU section has been 100% overpromise then underdeliver for years. Even the console GPUs last round weren't that competitive, as most games were running in what PC people would see as medium/low settings.

I want AMD to trounce Nvidia thoroughly on the cheap so we can bring prices back down to earth and get some competition in that space more than anything, but nothing in the past 3 years has shown they are able to do it. Until its silicon is in the hands of consumers or reviewers running at near 2080 speeds (with raytracing) I will not believe that they can do it.

• Options
    Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    I may just get the Xbox version.

Gamepass is an amazing value and the new console looks to be a small beast.

• Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    Someone did a cover of Chippin' In to make it sound more like the original reveal song, and I have to say its even better.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7rNa9Bt-GE

• Options
    BigityBigity Lubbock, TXRegistered User regular
    Bigity wrote: »
    More time to upgrade to a ray tracing capable rig I suppose.

Speaking of this, I should totally wait to look at a 2070 super or something along those lines until the new gen of cards are announced right? Isn't that in a month or two or something?

• Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular

Speaking of this, I should totally wait to look at a 2070 super or something along those lines until the new gen of cards are announced right? Isn't that in a month or two or something?

Usually Nvidia launches new lines almost like car manufacturers, between August and October. That's in normal years, may be closer to Holiday 2020 or even early 2021 if the pandemic has hurt their silicon production.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    Nightslyr wrote: »

Never uninstalled it.

There is a thing on GOG where you can get "Cyberpunk 2077 goodies", wallpapers, art etc. The total size is ~4GB, the "posters" part clocking in at 1.2GB which leads me to assume that they're in a resolution and format ready for print

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    QuiotuQuiotu Registered User regular
    It's interesting that CDPR took inspiration from VtM: Bloodlines, consider both CP2077 and Bloodlines 2 are now set to be released pretty close to each other... though Bloodlines 2 doesn't have a cemented release date yet.

The folks making Bloodlines 2 are apparently taking inspiration from Dishonored when making the sequel, which... I'm honestly pretty jazzed to see how it works, as far as gameplay goes.

wbee62u815wj.png
  • Options
    Collected known facts from reddit:
    Contains some minor spoilers:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/cyberpunkgame/comments/hhvpi8/most_interesting_qa_answers_megathread/

Some of the interesting ones
    Lifepaths impact how the story begin and how NPCs interract with you later on
    When selecting Corpo as your Life Path, you begin the game at Arasaka Tower
    When selecting Nomad as your Life Path, you begin in the Badlands
    When selecting Street Kid as your Life Path, you begin in a bar in Night City

There are upwards of a dozen radio stations [12+]
    There is a Rock music station
    You can hear live police reports through the radio
    It was reiterated that all of the music on the radio is comprised of all original, new songs performed by famous artists and CD Projekt Red's own sound team

Your jaw will drop when you see the Skill Perk Tree - it is like a humongous spider web - far larger than the Attribute Tree shown last year
    Your perk skill levels can not be higher than the corresponding attribute level; so for example if your governing skill for Stealth is 6, you're Stealth skill perks cannot go above 6 - unless you increase that governing attribute's number to 7 or higher
    There are at least 20 perks ×12 skills=240 perks

Ww8FAMg.jpg
  • Options
    KarlKarl Registered User regular
    I've got an XBOX One S

What are the assumptions on how this will run performance-wise?

I get that it won't look as nice, but framerate wise do we expect it to be ok?

• Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    Karl wrote: »
    I've got an XBOX One S

30fps with probably the occasional dip is a safe bet, I'd guess.

• Options
    CampyCampy Registered User regular
    Jazz wrote: »
    Karl wrote: »
    I've got an XBOX One S

30fps with probably the occasional dip is a safe bet, I'd guess.

Part of one of the breakdown videos I saw highlighted how Witcher 3 was able to be optimised post release. So if it doesn't run at a clean 30 at first, they might well be able to improve it with subsequent patches.

• Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular

Usually it's top end cards in the fall with mainstream spring/summer the following year. So far it seems Nvidia is going to talk about Ampere in August and cards will be available in September. These are going to be $1000+ cards though and shouldn't have any impact on mid range card price. Additionally given the pandemic, we may be looking at serious supply issues which may drive 3rd party card prices through the roof.

AMD could impact this, but as Jungle mentioned, we have to see it to believe it with them at this point. I'd still wait and see, since this generation of cards should be a pretty big deal. But if for a new mid range 2070 replacement, you'll probably be waiting till summer next year at least.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    edited June 2020
    I guess you all saw that there are free Cyberpunk goodies on gog.

In the trailer, it looks like Johnny Silverhand gets inside your head through your implants.

Krathoon on
This discussion has been closed.