As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Borderlands] Wonderlands! I Pull Out My Robe and Wizard Gat.

• Options
    EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    So the hellshock benefitted from the maliwan buffs making it an extremely potent weapon. Currently trying to farm a new Kaoson and it’s not going great . After that will farm a reflux.

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    I just ran Athenas.

In 20 minutes.

On Mayhem 10.

With a Phaseslam/melee build.

ohfuckhittingstuffisviableagainholyshit

sig.gif
  • Options
    Almost done with the dlc
    Of course it was Jakobs.

• Options
    envoy1envoy1 the old continentRegistered User regular
    Almost done with the dlc
    Of course it was Jakobs.

I was hoping they could have done more with that.
    Why not choose another company for some variety? Why not throw in some more nods to grandpa jakobs or something? Now it's just a reveal and then... nothing. Maybe I'm missing some audio tapes or something.

• Options
    edited June 2020
    Amara on Mayhem 10 is actually really fun, who knew? No actual spoilers, just separating stuff out for easy reading.

It's basically Moxsy's One Punch Witch Build, but on the red tree I put the one point in Dread, and 3 points in Catharsis to get to Sustainment. A slight increase in gun damage and an auto-reload if the target is killed, plus anyone that dies of an element straight up explodes from that element and the element of Amara's AS.

And yeah, I am also running Ties that Bind with the Soul Sap modifier. I would normally prefer Phaseslam, but it's "too single-target" for this unfortunately.

Gear
    Honestly, I've only needed one gun so far, which is the Face-puncher. I have a Psycho-Stabber, but it's faster to fire the shotgun than to actually use the melee button. The 300% damage/90% health Anointment is awesome, but I was still doing okay with a basic ASE melee damage bonus. Plus the Face-puncher gives you at least some aerial range when flying stuff isn't being cooperative.

As far as everything else, I'm running a Ward shield, Breaker COM (with 3 points in Jab Cross), and a White Elephant relic. I'm sure I don't have the ideal "god roll" as far as the stats at the bottom of those cards, but they're working well enough.

Grenade kind of doesn't matter? I've been alternating between a It's Piss and the Tran-fusion, but both work and most of the time I forget to toss one anyway.

Modifiers
    Easy - Speed Demon. Gotta go fast!
    Medium - Healy Avenger. A dying enemy has a chance to send out a heart that will fill the health bar of a teammate if it gets to them. If you manage to destroy it first, it drops a shield booster and a health needle. Extra health and shields can be a good thing.
    Hard - Laser Fare. Hitting an enemy has a chance of setting off a spinning laser set in one of the elements. This is annoying, and can actually put you into FFYL, but at the same time, they're easy to destroy AND they can't don't run away so you have a fighting chance at getting back up.
    Very Hard - Buddy System. Some enemies will spawn with an impervious shield attached by a drone until you destroy the drone. Again, pain in the butt, but also something else that can get you out of FFYL if need be. And like the lasers, are another point of elemental explosions with the Catharsis skill.

There's another Very Hard modifier called "Not in the Face" that reduces crits by 75%, which is nice because melee can't crit anyway, but in my re-rolls I hadn't managed to get that with the others I wanted.

Sorce on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    I am so fucking sick of farming this guy trying to get a splash damage anointed flipper. So many useless ones purge the loot pool damnit.

• Options
    I still get multiple malaks bane. Im never gonna use it Gearbox. Never!

Oh also make sure you turn Mayhem 10 on before you turn in the last mission. You get like 15 million from the loot haul.

DO NOT leave the game or reoad maps on the final mission until you beat the boss. it can glitch out

• Options
    I am so fucking sick of farming this guy trying to get a splash damage anointed flipper. So many useless ones purge the loot pool damnit.
    That's supposed to be a hotfix in the near future, I think.

sig.gif
  • Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    I see they didn't bother to include vehicles in the scaling changes.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    Dac wrote: »
    I see they didn't bother to include vehicles in the scaling changes.

Yes they did

• Options
    Then they should take another look, because I'm playing through the story again on a low mayhem difficulty to pick up items and vehicles pop in literally seconds.

Was real fun on Promethea on that run to the Vault. Eventually just ended up killing all the enemy vehicles on foot because it was infinitely more survivable and effective.

• Options
    They scaled damage not health. They are adamant health and sheilds are fine. Thats horseshit of course

• Options
    Ah ha, I see.

• Options
    So my moze is now semi well geared and honestly probably top tier now with how fucking busted iron bears is at the moment. Both mech and clone are destroying everything right now so if you ever wanted to try builds with those I would give it a whirl. Fl4k is kinda in limbo . The scorch fire ants pool hits for about 3 mill a tick right now but the rest of his pets aren’t doing much . If you can get a flipper with a splash damage anoint I would , I killed the last dlc boss with one magazine .

• Options
    I hopped back onto this for the patch as a Zane guy and man I'm loving how tanky he is. Leveled from 50 to 60, got some new gear, went through part of the campaign again to get an upgrading Whispering Ice.

Super Shotgun (Hellwalker) is hilarious. The Clone's reload and spam on it is nuts. Towards the end of the campaign I picked up this gem:
    RV.png

Since I'm rolling a Clone and Sentinel, alternating, I almost always have an active skill. Combined with other damage multipliers, it just turns almost everything that's not a Dark Badass into fine mist. I'm simultaneously joyed and angry because I don't think I'm getting that roll again later in the game, lol.

It's got nothing on the Lob I picked up, though. Who the Hell designed this thing? The amount of damage is completely nuts and it only costs a single shell per trigger pull.

• Options
    envoy1 wrote: »
    Almost done with the dlc
    Of course it was Jakobs.

Why not choose another company for some variety? Why not throw in some more nods to grandpa jakobs or something? Now it's just a reveal and then... nothing. Maybe I'm missing some audio tapes or something.
    Probably something along the lines of "everyone is shit in this universe, even the companies owned by people that you like."

Honestly though, they're kind of starting to run dry. As far as companies, who's left that hasn't been some flavor of evil in the BL universe? All that comes to my mind is Vladof and Tediore. Well, maybe S&S if you want to go back to the first game.

sig.gif
  • Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    Haven't played this new DLC yet but my thoughts on the source of the trouble:
    I don't quite think it's as cut and dry as 'every corporation sucks'. As we've seen in the main story, Jakobs is well regarded on their home planet. If anything, this reminds me of a large family: the bulk of it tends to be fine but the farther you go from where they mostly live, the more chances you're gonna find a jackass or two giving the rest a bad name. Thus spots like Jakobs Cove and now here.

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    I haven't played 3 yet so I can't weigh in on specifics, but I kinda figured
    it was sorta the point that all the interstellar megacorps were shitty? Like, of course they would be.

• Options
    Sorce wrote: »
    Almost done with the dlc
    Of course it was Jakobs.

Probably something along the lines of "everyone is shit in this universe, even the companies owned by people that you like."

Honestly though, they're kind of starting to run dry. As far as companies, who's left that hasn't been some flavor of evil in the BL universe? All that comes to my mind is Vladof and Tediore. Well, maybe S&S if you want to go back to the first game.

S&S went bankrupt , tediore could function as space Walmart . Just having all the antagonists being minimum wage people that don’t want to be there while plugging cheap garbage products in a dead monotone.

• Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    Is there any (current) DLC that the "Super Deluxe Edition" doesn't include?

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    Owenashi wrote: »
    Haven't played this new DLC yet but my thoughts on the source of the trouble:
    I don't quite think it's as cut and dry as 'every corporation sucks'. As we've seen in the main story, Jakobs is well regarded on their home planet. If anything, this reminds me of a large family: the bulk of it tends to be fine but the farther you go from where they mostly live, the more chances you're gonna find a jackass or two giving the rest a bad name. Thus spots like Jakobs Cove and now here.

It all boils down to this imo
    If you look at the experiments-(creating controllable weapons that are similar to native life on Eden 3 , mining a resource similar to eridium and creating psuedo sirens) this was an attempt to further protect the vault. Good intentions but not thought out at all.

• Options
    edited July 2020
    Is there any (current) DLC that the "Super Deluxe Edition" doesn't include?

Nope.
    Sorce wrote: »
    Almost done with the dlc
    Of course it was Jakobs.

S&S went bankrupt , tediore could function as space Walmart . Just having all the antagonists being minimum wage people that don’t want to be there while plugging cheap garbage products in a dead monotone.
    That's kind of Timothy with extra steps.

Sorce on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    edited July 2020
    Theres a wild west themed DLC?

Oh shit, is Nisha back?
    She's probably still dead. ;_;

Dr. Chaos on
    Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »

Oh shit, is Nisha back?

Honestly the antagonist might as well be her , I even thought she had the same voice actress at first.

• Options
    edited July 2020
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »

Oh shit, is Nisha back?

Honestly the antagonist might as well be her , I even thought she had the same voice actress at first.
    Damn..

Confrontation between the sheriff and Fl4k could have been great.

Dr. Chaos on
  • Options
    Honestly, if I were in charge, I'd have made BL3 'Borderlands Ultimate' and gradually brought back like every single vault hunter in piecemeal DLCs. Like a Vault Hunter every 3-4 months, coinciding with events. Characters that are dead get a suspiciously similar sounding name - Noland instead of Roland, for example.

Look I just want to play killer Claptrap that gets powered up by high fives again okay.

• Options
    daveNYCdaveNYC Why universe hate Waspinator? Registered User regular
    Give me Mr. Torgue. The skill trees will be some combination of PECS!, EXPLOSIONS!, EXPLOSIONS!?, Suplexing a Shark Searing a Bolo Tie, and the noise he makes when he's air guitaring.

Shut up, Mr. Burton! You were not brought upon this world to get it!
  • Options
    I just want to gunzerk again. :(

• Options
    furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    Finally finished up the platinum last night. Just needed a few quick easy trophies, not sure why I didn't get it sooner. Now that all 3 dlc are out I guess I will hop on them. Any particular order I should play them in?

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • Options
    furlion wrote: »
    Finally finished up the platinum last night. Just needed a few quick easy trophies, not sure why I didn't get it sooner. Now that all 3 dlc are out I guess I will hop on them. Any particular order I should play them in?

Some were bugged

• Options
    edited July 2020
    daveNYC wrote: »
    Give me Mr. Torgue. The skill trees will be some combination of PECS!, EXPLOSIONS!, EXPLOSIONS!?, Suplexing a Shark Searing a Bolo Tie, and the noise he makes when he's air guitaring.

Current moze is pretty much this , with her splash damage expanding skill her weapons may hit a small area or the entire Western Hemisphere. Use the complex root if you want everyone in the county ( including you ) to have a chance to just explode and die every time you shoot.

EspantaPajaro on
  • Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited July 2020
    Tentacle DLC still has a bugged achievement, not that Gearbox seems to give a single fuck.

The kill 4 rare creatures one still doesnt work.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    Sirialis wrote: »
    Tentacle DLC still has a bugged achievement, not that Gearbox seems to give a single fuck.

The kill 4 rare creatures one still doesnt work.

It does fire:

fc8S3Ae.png

It's just glitchy getting there.

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    I’m not even getting the contracts to show up inside the lodge, the achievement doesnt even mention those though.

Apparently you can get them if you coop with a friend and he kills them while you wait for contracts to show up in the Lodge or some shit.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    I’m not even getting the contracts to show up inside the lodge, the achievement doesnt even mention those though.

Apparently you can get them if you coop with a friend and he kills them while you wait for contracts to show up in the Lodge or some shit.

I came across two of them in the wild just finishing the story missions, although the game didn't say which two. The bounties never appeared in the lodge, which was frustrating. So I just looked up where the spawns were and ground them out. Spawn rate doesn't seem too bad, and most of them aren't too far from a spawn point?

It was annoying, though, not getting the clear bounties at the Lodge the way it is apparently supposed to work.

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    I’ve killed all 4 at least 3 times.

• Options
    daveNYC wrote: »

Current moze is pretty much this , with her splash damage expanding skill her weapons may hit a small area or the entire Western Hemisphere. Use the complex root if you want everyone in the county ( including you ) to have a chance to just explode and die every time you shoot.
    Moxsy has a Fire Hose Moze build where he claims he never needed to reload during the takedowns.

sig.gif
  • Options

You dont need the contracts for them to spawn.

• Options
    edited July 2020

You dont need the contracts for them to spawn.

I know, I meant that if you coop and your friend kills them, apparently the contracts will show up for you if you are the lodge, at least according to TA.
    I’ve killed all 4 at least 3 times.

But the Xbox achievement apparently need the contracts because Gearbox fucked up.

Sirialis on