As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Animal Crossing] has new and improved friends list in OP, please update your info.

• Options
    Ken OKen O Registered User regular
    At 300 points I ended up with

6 Aloha shirts
    4 Termite Mounds
    3 Cages
    3 Door hangers
    3 Umbrellas
    2 Box slings
    2 Backpacks
    2 Rugs

Then 1 of everything else. I was so excited by the spider web too.

http://www.fingmonkey.com/
    Comics, Games, Booze
  • Options
    RidleySariaRidleySaria AnaheimRegistered User regular
    Holy moly @amethystoak

As expected I didn’t get much bug stuff. These events really happen at the worst time for me. I work at night on the weekend so I’m asleep when the tournaments start and only have about an hour between getting up and getting ready for work. Nintendo is much less considerate of peoples schedules this time around. They didn’t even bring back the late/early town ordinance, which made a big difference to me.

Oh well, at least I got a spider web.

You can change the time on your Switch to better accommodate your schedule. Is there something that you wanted that you didn't get?

I choose not to play the game that way (time manipulation/time traveling). I’m not sure what all the items even are so I can’t say if I’m missing anything I’d want.

-- Switch friend code: 2978-3296-1491 -- PSN: RidleySaria -- Genshin Impact UID: 607033509 --
  • Options
    akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    Holy moly @amethystoak

As expected I didn’t get much bug stuff. These events really happen at the worst time for me. I work at night on the weekend so I’m asleep when the tournaments start and only have about an hour between getting up and getting ready for work. Nintendo is much less considerate of peoples schedules this time around. They didn’t even bring back the late/early town ordinance, which made a big difference to me.

You can change the time on your Switch to better accommodate your schedule. Is there something that you wanted that you didn't get?

I choose not to play the game that way (time manipulation/time traveling). I’m not sure what all the items even are so I can’t say if I’m missing anything I’d want.

I dunno, it seems like setting the clock back a few hours within the same day is NOT the “cheatery” time travel.

It’s like just setting your own “early bird/night owl” ordinance.

Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
  • Options
    akjak wrote: »
    Holy moly @amethystoak

I dunno, it seems like setting the clock back a few hours within the same day is NOT the “cheatery” time travel.

It’s like just setting your own “early bird/night owl” ordinance.

I don’t really agree since the ordinance didn’t change the actual time of day, rather the hours of the stores.

-- Switch friend code: 2978-3296-1491 -- PSN: RidleySaria -- Genshin Impact UID: 607033509 --
  • Options
    SilverWindSilverWind Registered User regular
    edited June 2020
    SilverWind wrote: »
    .. I feel like I've just had a massive big brain moment with respect to touch and drop item placement

What is it? An example placed of what’s in the bay?

Ah! No, it was resolving the fact that a) fencing makes things a bit too hard to navigate for me outside of T&D days and b) I had too many blue roses that couldn't go elsewhere

Sooo

b5wzz51p1aii.png

Welcome to blue squares???

I'm not worried about the flowers getting accidentally plucked as I'm at a comfortable rate of growing/maintaining right now. But please let me know if this helps you keep track of picking up items better :lol:

If it doesn't work, I'll revert to the fences :lol: (But if I don't have to, Akjak I'll send the ones you crafted back to you!)

SilverWind on
    signature.png
    Switch: SW-7603-3284-4227
    My ACNH Wishlists | My ACNH Catalog
  • Options
    amethystoakamethystoak Registered User regular
    Ordered more baby chairs and barbecues tonight that I'll have tomorrow. Did you want me to swing by tonight and drop off what I have so far, @SilverWind? Or I can drop off tomorrow when you're open for the cataloging and that way I'll have more stuff to deliver. Tonight I ordered the green and red bbq and the black baby chair if that helps you keep track.

• Options
    edited June 2020
    Ordered more baby chairs and barbecues tonight that I'll have tomorrow. Did you want me to swing by tonight and drop off what I have so far, @SilverWind? Or I can drop off tomorrow when you're open for the cataloging and that way I'll have more stuff to deliver. Tonight I ordered the green and red bbq and the black baby chair if that helps you keep track.

That's awesome, thank you! I'll open up right now so you can swing by

edit: open! I"m semi afk but will try to keep an ear out for you :D

SilverWind on
    signature.png
  • Options
    .. I feel like I've just had a massive big brain moment with respect to touch and drop item placement

What is it? An example placed of what’s in the bay?

Ah! No, it was resolving the fact that a) fencing makes things a bit too hard to navigate for me outside of T&D days and b) I had too many blue roses that couldn't go elsewhere

Sooo

b5wzz51p1aii.png

Welcome to blue squares???

I'm not worried about the flowers getting accidentally plucked as I'm at a comfortable rate of growing/maintaining right now. But please let me know if this helps you keep track of picking up items better :lol:

If it doesn't work, I'll revert to the fences :lol: (But if I don't have to, Akjak I'll send the ones you crafted back to you!)

Naw, you keep 'em. Never know when you need some velvet rope.

• Options
    RamiRami Registered User regular
    hm didn't really want to do this but I think I'm going to make a second player for my island

you're just leaving too much storage space on the table by not having more player houses, plus getting models made two at a time

now I just have to decide on an alter-ego

Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    edited June 2020
    I made my second character first time and named him Peewii. He was nice if not a little stupid, but I put his house in the way of a road I was paving. I had to... Dispose of Peewii. I went to Nook, I told him Peewii had crossed me... Nook asked me if I really wanted this, if I had thought it through. I had. Peewii had to go.

By sunrise, his cursed house was gone. My road, now unblocked, finish construction early on. But I found myself lonely again. Plus, I had too much shit. So I made another friend. Her name is Cranberrii! She's nice, if not a little stupid. She's mostly there to buy me extra art. I did finally upgrade her tent after her complaining during the bad rainstorms.

The other villagers don't talk about Peewii anymore, but I had some letters from him. One day, I'll show them to Cranberrii, so she never crosses me... Or my roads

Local H Jay on
  • Options
    Right? Especially with all these event items. Not enough storage space in just one house.

• Options
    I made my second character first time and named him Peewii. He was nice if not a little stupid, but I put his house in the way of a road I was paving. I had to... Dispose of Peewii. I went to Nook, I told him Peewii had crossed me... Nook asked me if I really wanted this, if I had thought it through. I had. Peewii had to go.

By sunrise, his cursed house was gone. My road, now unblocked, finish construction early on. But I found myself lonely again. Plus, I had too much shit. So I made another friend. Her name is Cranberrii! She's nice, if not a little stupid. She's mostly there to buy me extra art. I did finally upgrade her tent after her complaining during the bad rainstorms.

The other villagers don't talk about Peewii anymore, but I had some letters from him. One day, I'll show them to Cranberrii, so she never crosses me... Or my roads

why didn't you just move his house?

sig.gif
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Rami wrote: »

why didn't you just move his house?

That would require upgrading the tent, which at the time I didn't wanna waste time doing (since secondary villagers have to pay their first loan in Nook Miles)

• Options
    EvermournEvermourn Registered User regular
    Tyvm to everyone who let me drop in today to do bugs, man it got grim by the end. Got the 300 but terrible luck with the items, I think I got about 6 or 7 bug cages :bigfrown: But at least 1 of everything so all good.

• Options
    I haven't bothered looking into tracking my weather pattern, so I have no idea when my next meteor shower will be. But instead of sleeping, I decided to redo the NE corner on my island to create a pretty meteor shower party spot. ❤
    quhhrjgx3koh.jpg
    eptidhtusszw.jpg
    z4t2bbbl2uqm.jpg

• Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    edited June 2020
    Oh shit.

I was so tired after running my stores magic prerelease events that I missed Ry'leths meteor shower completely last night - we had previously only ever had one before this. I was going to log in and do it with my partner, but forgot.

Bugger.

Aegeri on
    The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    @Aegeri I may have one tonight, will check in an hour or so and will post if it happens.

• Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    I am alas, trapped running more magic events. Need to run more events with less people to maintain social distancing (which I know someone would be wondering about). So no time for animal crossing multiplayer for me.

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    Alright, managed to reach a 5 Star rating for my island. Didn't really think I'd get there. The starting area between the rivers is basically my entire town and everything on the other side of those rivers is relatively untouched nature with a few whimsically placed items here and there and also the campsite.

• Options
    Going to bed shortly but opening up 100 Acres as meteors are happening. No Celeste unfortunately. Crap everywhere waiting to be stored, it's been a busy rl day, feel free to catalog anything that's lying about.

• Options
    PirateQueenPirateQueen Registered User regular
    Got the last reaction and it's the best one!
    Can I be a Marauder now?

1ljkd673at5m.jpg

• Options
    Got the last reaction and it's the best one!
    Can I be a Marauder now?

1ljkd673at5m.jpg

Man, I need to get some jock and smug villagers asap. My villagers don't teach me any reactions anymore. I'm stuck at 2/3rds.

• Options
    PirateQueenPirateQueen Registered User regular
    Is it based on their personality?

Like Sprinkle taught me anger & mischief, but she's peppy and cute... maybe some kind of Jekyll/Hyde situation

• Options
    ChanceChance Registered User regular
    kev9698rlxgn.png

'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
  • Options
    Anyone have a good turnip price? Mine are 109

signature.png
  • Options
    SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular

Like Sprinkle taught me anger & mischief, but she's peppy and cute... maybe some kind of Jekyll/Hyde situation

Yeah, most of the reactions are tied to villager personality types.
    Each type has one emote that they’ll only teach you at best friend status. (And maybe only after you know all the others of that type?)

I haven’t had a jock since my very first move-out, so I’m way behind on those ones. Maybe this week I’ll pick someone to amiibo recruit and force out one of my c-listers

• Options

Mine are 104. Still not great but better than 109. Want me to open?

• Options

Mine are 104. Still not great but better than 109. Want me to open?

No, that's OK :D Will browse around and look for sub 100. Or if there isn't... maybe this is the first week I... don't buy 'nips?!

signature.png
  • Options
    7Q4FL

Reopened for week 1 of touch and drop alphabetical edition @Ken O and anyone else interested :D

Just head north of the moon. If you accidentally pluck any of the blue roses, that's OK! Consider that a 1000 bell bonus :lol:

Let me know if this non fencing fencing works or if it's clunky. Items are arranged alphabetically top left downwards, but so long as you keep it in the same square, it's all good

Accessories Stand (5)
    ACNH Nintendo Switch (1)
    Air Circulator (5)
    Air Conditioner (6)
    Alto Saxophone (1)
    Aluminum Briefcase (2)
    Amp (7)
    Analog Kitchen Scale (8)
    Anatomical Model (1)
    Ant Farm (1)
    Anthurium Plant (5)
    Antique Bed (3)
    Antique Bureau (3)
    Antique Chair (3)
    Antique Clock (3)
    Antique Console Table (3)
    Antique Mini Table (3)
    Antique Phone (3)
    Antique Table (3)
    Antique Vanity (3)
    Antique Wardrobe (3)

Craftable items you can customize if you wish (bring your kits)
    Acoustic Guitar
    Anchor Statue
    Angled Signpost

signature.png
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    @SilverWind dropped off black and blue baby chairs, red and green bbqs.

Lucky was crafting dark tulip wreath! :D

Edit: just ordered blue and green basketball hoops & white, green, and yellow baby chairs. Did you already acquire all the colors of the bathroom sink? I can't keep up with your list it seems. Lol.

amethystoak on
  • Options
    Candle Cove is open.

Turnips are 92

Alli is crafting Gold Bars

• Options
    @SilverWind dropped off black and blue baby chairs, red and green bbqs.

Lucky was crafting dark tulip wreath! :D

Edit: just ordered blue and green basketball hoops & white, green, and yellow baby chairs. Did you already acquire all the colors of the bathroom sink? I can't keep up with your list it seems. Lol.

Oh wow thank you @amethystoak ! In particular with letting me know about Lucky's DIY. I was going to grab it as an extra to distribute but then when talking to him realized that I hadn't gotten that DIY before! D: Pheeeeeew, lucky! :lol:

I have all the bathroom sinks. Everyone has been so generous! With your most recent order and my order today I think we're covered for next week :Dv

signature.png
  • Options
    In the last day or so I've been exploring the use of turnip exchange for things other than turnip selling. Just looking for no fee/bells fee islands, I've been to a meteor shower, gotten the last gold armor recipe I nedded for the suit, touched all the pinball and arcade machines, and picked up the last 2 fossils I needed! Very impressed with how easy it is.

dedwk1joex29.jpg

n54hlcilwqf0.jpg

k4limx4utxgu.jpg

• Options
    And also, no achievement for doing all the fossils? That's just weird.

• Options
    edited June 2020
    Thanks to @PirateQueen I can finally make Stonehenge^2

This is how it looks like, right? Right?? :D
    13hc1bss25j5.png

SilverWind on
    signature.png
  • Options
    Thanks to @PirateQueen I can finally make Stonehenge^2

This is how it looks like, right? Right?? :D

Uncannily accurate!

• Options
    ugh there's way more wedding items than I expected, now there isn't enough time left to earn the hearts to buy everything. Especially as you'll want multiples of some of them

sig.gif
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    edited June 2020
    I was thinking about this and they should add caves .

Like you can make an opening on a cliff face and then have an area similar in size to your island. It could have unique bugs and fish as well

King Riptor on
    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    I imagine swimming will once again be limited to the ocean. Too bad, those rivers are neglected.

I bet those asshole jellyfish will be back.

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    I imagine swimming will once again be limited to the ocean. Too bad, those rivers are neglected.

I bet those asshole jellyfish will be back.

Theres fucking piranha in there!

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
This discussion has been closed.