As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Steam] now returns you to your regular programming.

• cardboard delusionscardboard delusions USAgent PSN: USAgent31Registered User regular
    Not my fault, @Spoit misread what I was saying and then sends me Timelie - I was not, ugh not even gonna bother. Thanks for the time cats!

• cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited June 2020
    Cyberpunk just sitting in the games list, taunting us.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    A2Xg1hD.png
    @Pixelated Pixie must be blind. She seems to be gifting me instead of @Malakaius

<3 thanks

steam_sig.png
  • Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    Not my fault, Spoit misread what I was saying and then sends me Timelie - I was not, ugh not even gonna bother. Thanks for the time cats!

I played some of Timelie earlier. What an interesting little game it is. Give it a look!

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • cardboard delusionscardboard delusions USAgent PSN: USAgent31Registered User regular
    Not my fault, Spoit misread what I was saying and then sends me Timelie - I was not, ugh not even gonna bother. Thanks for the time cats!

I played some of Timelie earlier. What an interesting little game it is. Give it a look!

It's hard every time I almost start something new, I go back to AC Odyssey!

• akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    Thanks @Maguano for Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom.
    Been eying this one for a while.
    5rikrnwz4tef.png

I guess it is somehow Iolo's fault.

• Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    You know, I was fast asleep and then @Spoit decided to rudely gift me and wake me up! Jeez, what a monster!

ZnhJYbO.jpg

In case anyone's curious.
    4t8it4abl7hp.png

• Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    an_alt wrote: »
    1bHSc9M.png

Thank you @TeeMan for Black Closet. I'm really looking forward to trying it out.

That lady(?) is channeling Gendou Ikari very hard.

My immediate reaction to that image:

https://youtu.be/-RsepQh342g
    Massena wrote: »
    Threadmind, I need recommendations for RPGs that can be played online with a friend and ideally with non-grimdark aesthetic.

Also ideally not as mechanically complex as something like Divinity:OS. Acton RPG that is not a loot shooter may be the way to go.

I've been looking for something similar. I've been looking at Outward and that seems to have the right vibes for what you're looking at, but might be a little janky. My partner's tolerance for jank is low, so I haven't pulled the trigger yet, but I might pick it up on sale to see if it's worth a shot.

If you find a winner, let us know, since I'm in a similar spot.

I was posting thoughts and experiences with Outward and can confirm it is super janky. It just has so many systems that play into each other that it stays super compelling. I took a break as the game's been getting patches for the recently released DLC and I want to let the dust settle on that first given how barely held together it is.

That said, the main reason Outward isn't the kind of thing I'm looking for is that its a Dark Souls along with all the other stuff. Not something for a relaxing co-op session (though I'm sure having a partner makes a lot of stuff easier in the game).

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Ed GrubermanEd Gruberman Registered User regular
    Threadmind, I need recommendations for RPGs that can be played online with a friend and ideally with non-grimdark aesthetic.

Also ideally not as mechanically complex as something like Divinity:OS. Acton RPG that is not a loot shooter may be the way to go.

Conan Exiles. :D

If you need more dong slider in your life and you aren't opposed to the Epic Store, Conan Exiles is going to be one of the free games next week

steam_sig.png

SteamID: edgruberman GOG Galaxy: EdGruberman
  • QuestorQuestor PAX Aus Tabletop [E] Melbourne, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Cyberpunk just sitting in the games list, taunting us.

Still in the store taunting me lol

steam_sig.png
  • vamenvamen Registered User regular
    5pxo8g3ef2fd.jpg

The signature says @Spoit but the accusations name Karoz...I don't know what to believe!
    Thank you <3

• ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    zrowj3f43jac.png

Sorry these took so long to finish. Life Stuff happened and I wasn't grinding it. We're finally in there though!

Match 1: @cardboard delusions, @Jazz
    https://youtu.be/z3jeeIL10fg

Match 2: @HiT BiT, @Massena
    https://youtu.be/D855N_QIYmM

Match 3: @akajaybay, @Iolo
    https://youtu.be/-XbHDHtMUCo

Match 4: @Madican, @LD50
    https://youtu.be/myRJRGssT5M

FINAL RESULTS
    Winners
    cardboard delusions, HiT BiT, Iolo, Madican

2020 may definitely suck, but the 2020 Fucking Sucks Tournament is amazing.
    I'll get you someday Iolo.

• tacticalheadachetacticalheadache Registered User regular
    Soul Calibur 2 is one of my favourite games ever. Damn good call.

edited June 2020
    Zxerol wrote: »
    zrowj3f43jac.png
    Sorry these took so long to finish. Life Stuff happened and I wasn't grinding it. We're finally in there though!

Match 1: @cardboard delusions, @Jazz
    https://youtu.be/z3jeeIL10fg

Match 2: @HiT BiT, @Massena
    https://youtu.be/D855N_QIYmM

Match 3: @akajaybay, @Iolo
    https://youtu.be/-XbHDHtMUCo

Match 4: @Madican, @LD50
    https://youtu.be/myRJRGssT5M

FINAL RESULTS
    Winners
    cardboard delusions, HiT BiT, Iolo, Madican

I was more stressed watching my fights than if I was actually playing! Thank you for doing this!

cardboard delusions on
  • MassenaMassena Registered User regular
    Voldo is SUCH a bitch. Sigh.

• MassenaMassena Registered User regular

I was posting thoughts and experiences with Outward and can confirm it is super janky. It just has so many systems that play into each other that it stays super compelling. I took a break as the game's been getting patches for the recently released DLC and I want to let the dust settle on that first given how barely held together it is.

That said, the main reason Outward isn't the kind of thing I'm looking for is that its a Dark Souls along with all the other stuff. Not something for a relaxing co-op session (though I'm sure having a partner makes a lot of stuff easier in the game).

Yeah I just pulled the trigger on it. My wife got a kick out of looking at a "greatest games over the last 10 years" list recently and realizing that she's played half of them because I recommended them to her. "It's great, I bring you to nice restaurants that you've never heard of and you carefully weed out crap games and bring me the ones I'll enjoy" was, I kid you not, the direct quote.

So I'll give it a run for the next few days and try it out. It keeps surfacing, so It's worth $15 as a tester.

We decided in chat it'd be better if more games were shorter, less entertaining, and auto played themselves.

steam_sig.png

• heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    We decided in chat it'd be better if more games were shorter, less entertaining, and auto played themselves.
    They already have that. it's called a movie.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    heenato wrote: »
    They already have that. it's called a movie.

I thought they were called commercials.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    nah, nah, this is the 21st century.

they're Let's Plays.

• TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    Whoa whoa thanks for Hades, @LD50 ! Reminds me that I need to play Pyre sometime which is insane because I really enjoyed Transistor and came away with the distinct impression of "that was great, I shouldn't have left it on the side for so long", and yet here I am doing it again twice

yp6ju74zuhpv.jpg

steam_sig.png
  • Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    Massena wrote: »

Yeah I just pulled the trigger on it. My wife got a kick out of looking at a "greatest games over the last 10 years" list recently and realizing that she's played half of them because I recommended them to her. "It's great, I bring you to nice restaurants that you've never heard of and you carefully weed out crap games and bring me the ones I'll enjoy" was, I kid you not, the direct quote.

So I'll give it a run for the next few days and try it out. It keeps surfacing, so It's worth $15 as a tester.

I'm very curious how it plays with two people. The early going can be quite tough but having another person should help quite a bit.

One tip I'll share that the game never mentions is that anything you drop in a town will never disappear (whereas other maps clear debris and respawn most enemies if you haven't been there in some number of game days). I ended up with two campfires for a cooking pot and alchemy station plus a backpack on the ground to use as a storage container all near shops in most of the towns to make things more manageable after the home zone.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    @Big Classy is trying to be tricksy, turning my gift against me. But it won't work because I have it on gog alraedy:
    1glXmPs.png

<3 thanks for the thought

steam_sig.png
  • HerothHeroth Registered User regular
    Someone mentioned in chat about having 'State of Decay: YOSE' in there inventory which reminded me that i also have a copy of it... so, if anyone wants to give it a spin, shoot me a pm.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/329430/State_of_Decay_YOSE/

1Gn4PNI.png
  • DaringDirkDaringDirk Daddy CEO Oakland, CARegistered User regular
    Heroth wrote: »
    Someone mentioned in chat about having 'State of Decay: YOSE' in there inventory which reminded me that i also have a copy of it... so, if anyone wants to give it a spin, shoot me a pm.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/329430/State_of_Decay_YOSE/

Yeah, that was me, let me know if you get a second request!

camo_sig2.png
  • PoketpixiePoketpixie Siege Registered User regular
    edited June 2020
    JaysonFour wrote: »
    So I was working on a bunch of stuff here, and came out of it to find a green envelope... which I promptly forgot about because I was close to passing out from exhaustion yesterday after a long day at the keyboard.

But what's inside it?

lov8203bp7j8.png

Thanks to @Iolo for Moonlighter! I haven't really gotten a chance to do a lot of digging for the Sale yet, and this looks interesting! Many thanks!

I used to love exploring in Ultima Online and Everquest back in the day and finding loot to haul back to sell to other players. You'd think games like Moonlighter would be perfect for me but so far I haven't found one I liked.

Poketpixie on
  • TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    For some odd reason I too have a copy of State of Decay: YOSE in my inventory. Free to whoever wants it

steam_sig.png
  • ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    edited June 2020
    Soul Calibur 2 is one of my favourite games ever. Damn good call.

SC is the rare fighting game where you can look god damned cool playing even if you don't know what the hell you're doing. Such a fun game to watch.

Zxerol on
  • QuestorQuestor PAX Aus Tabletop [E] Melbourne, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2020
    Soul Calibur 2 is an absolutely amazing game - I still play it on my Gamecube a lot.

Also, there are more monsters in here. My comment about being taunted from the store was not a request @Big Classy ! He gifted me Cyberpunk 2077!

95m3ldif9rhf.jpg

Thank you, you crazy monster. <3

Also, all subsequent gifting I do this week is all Isy's fault, just so everyone is aware.

Questor on
    steam_sig.png
  • VikingViking Registered User regular
    thanks to @SmokeStacks for smuggling Singularity out of the US for me, been meaning to replay this one for years.

steam_sig.png
    Bravely Default / 3DS Friend Code = 3394-3571-1609
  • RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Bought dlc and re downloading mirror, because i am going to get everything in this crappy match 3 game.... and some of these women look like straight rips offs of other characters.

Does that $5 off $30 deal apply every time you spend enough? Is Isy getting a free copy of Cyberpunk with every 12 copies he buys?

steam_sig.png

• BasilBasil Registered User regular
    By Grabthar's hammer, what savings!

9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    Does that $5 off $30 deal apply every time you spend enough? Is Isy getting a free copy of Cyberpunk with every 12 copies he buys?

Leave it to Isy to make "Buy 12 get 1 free" a thing with AAA games.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • DrovekDrovek Registered User regular
    I guess staying in the trenches avoiding the crossfires is not enough.
    mxhhqpyzxt4c.png

Thanks @Iolo for Into The Breach! It's great timing also, because I'm just starting my stay-cation. :biggrin:

steam_sig.png( < . . .
  • RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Aurion's fight with what I suppose is the lancer/rival/vegeta character is intense and the fact that there was an "order" to things made me fight out of pride.

Mirror's dialog is painfully terrible, making huniepop look like Kafka. While the art is.....The alchemist being a copy of the sorceress from dragon crown didnt help.

• Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular

Unfortunately for this thread, it's just your first qualifying purchase of the sale. :cry:

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
    And you can't apply it to gifts either (I believe)

steam_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.