As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Mods know too much about the [Conspiracy Theories] thread

• Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    I always thought qanon was a joke and conspiracy nonsense

But

Justin Bieber turned his hat!

Justin Bieber is J. Crew-anon

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    edited June 2020
    Kipling217 wrote: »
    Don't even joke about that kind of shit man.

Its not that funny and the real Qanons have no sense of humor or subtlety.

Jokes like that just emboldens them.

Sorry , then I guess their existence can be my fault, because I will always mock these idiots.

edit: like seriously what kind of power are we giving these idiots being afraid of their bullshit, they will twist whatever they want anyway.

Omg don't mock Qanon is never a take I was expecting

WiseManTobes on
    Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    If you can't even mock conspiracy theorists in the conspiracy theory thread on a tiny forum then I guess they've already won. It's ridiculous and should be ridiculed

• THAC0THAC0 Registered User regular
    We need a Mel Brooks musical to mock them

• ArbitraryDescriptorArbitraryDescriptor changed Registered User regular
    THAC0 wrote: »
    We need a Mel Brooks musical to mock them

History of the World: Part II is right there, waiting to exist.

• GilgaronGilgaron Registered User regular
    I remember when the idea of a meme as an idea analog for a gene was suggested and ridiculed a bit, but in the intervening decades, the popular idea of memes as jokes, followed by this QAnon and chain letter versions of propaganda... the idea of a memetic virus being a 'real thing' sure has some mental appeal.

• Jealous DevaJealous Deva Registered User regular
    edited June 2020
    Gilgaron wrote: »
    I remember when the idea of a meme as an idea analog for a gene was suggested and ridiculed a bit, but in the intervening decades, the popular idea of memes as jokes, followed by this QAnon and chain letter versions of propaganda... the idea of a memetic virus being a 'real thing' sure has some mental appeal.

I remember in the book A Fire Upon the Deep the antagonist was basically a sort of highly intelligent and advanced computer virus, but one thing it did was often instead of directing acting it would essentially use memetics and propaganda to co-opt governments and societies to get them to do what it wanted, often without realizing they were coopted, and this was treated by the protagonists as just as dangerous and infectious as the virus directly acting on mechanical systems and computers. And that seemed a bit silly when I read it years ago, but it really doesn’t seem all that silly now.

Jealous Deva on
  • Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    Phyphor wrote: »
    If you can't even mock conspiracy theorists in the conspiracy theory thread on a tiny forum then I guess they've already won. It's ridiculous and should be ridiculed

I mean, they got a president in office, is that not winning?

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Mr RayMr Ray Sarcasm sphereRegistered User regular
    Gilgaron wrote: »

When MGS2 came out, nobody knew what the fuck Hideo Kojima was talking about, but more and more he looks like a fucking prophet.

• CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    So a Q-Anonish person (she said she hopes it is real) who violated lockdown orders won a Colorado House nomination in the GOP primary.

The NRCC is fine with that and is accusing people pointing out it is a bizarre conspiracy theory of being part of cancel culture.

What she has said about QAnon:
    https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna1232634
    Earlier this year, Boebert said in an interview that she was "very familiar" with the QAnon far-right conspiracy theory, but she stopped short of saying she was a follower.

"Everything that I've heard of Q, I hope that this is real because it only means that America is getting stronger and better, and people are returning to conservative values," she told interviewer Ann Vandersteel.
    It is infuriating how the conspiracy theory is getting mainstreamed in the most cowardly way possible.

• CptHamiltonCptHamilton Registered User regular
    So we saw what happens when true-believers in the line of anti-government BS the GOP spun up decades ago got into power with the Tea Party - namely they are utterly incapable of governance, at least in part because none of them agree on anything except that government is bad. What happens when people get into power who believe that those in power are part of one side or another in some elaborate, secret, pedophile cold war?

PSN,Steam,Live | CptHamiltonian
  • GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    Easy, you get people in government complaining on twitter that the government, that they are a part of, isn't doing anything about important issues.

(the issues may or may not be actually important, but the key is that they will complain as if they are still the outsiders when in fact they hold all the power)

• HevachHevach Registered User regular
    Case in point: 2017-2018

• jothkijothki Registered User regular
    Look at how it took years for Trump to cut FEMA's budget in order to shift the money towards running concentration camps. I wouldn't be that surprised if it turned out that he originally thought that FEMA was running the things.

• tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I ...

... I got nothing. I'm gonna go wash my brain out, I think it has grit in it.

• BloodySlothBloodySloth Registered User regular
    You know, on the bright side, at least the fact that there is a conspiracy theory about Elon Musk being blackmailed to do... vaguely bad/dumb things?.. anyway it means that people are finding it harder to conventionally defend the stupid shit he says and does.

• MayabirdMayabird Pecking at the keyboardRegistered User regular
    It's just like evangelicals bending over backwards and shoving their heads up their own asses to convince themselves that it's okay to pray to Trump. Trump is the white supremacist messiah, and Elon Musk is the Internet scientism messiah. To their True Believers, they cannot fail, only be failed. Anything and everything they do wrong always the fault of someone else. The True Believers will never be convinced otherwise, and there are way too many True Believers.

• DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Ah, that person has confused Grimes, who is a real person, with Poppy, who is a construct.

I'm just trying to wrap my head around how much this one requires the knowing and willful participation of the victim.

• Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    The weirdest bright side of that is they get to the “committed by the Jews!” bit right out of the gate, instead of burying that particular lede.

jnij103vqi2i.png
    So... A really rich guy is getting blackmailed by having “epstein girls” date him (though Grimes and Amber heard were both over 30 when they met which makes them a bit old for an Epstein girl?) Including making a fake baby..

So that they can have him use his construction company to make child trafficking tunnels that look just like normal Tram shuttle tunnels?

• Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    Elon Musk stans are by and large the most pathetic fucking people on earth.

Elon Musk stans are by and large the most pathetic fucking people on earth.

Muskovites, might be a good term for them.

Remarkably soft and flakey, like the mineral they bear the modified technical name of.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    The theory about the robotic baby is especially funny to me. Because you think the Epstein cabal can do all this other stuff but can't manage to steal Elon Musk's sperm to make a baby or twelve?

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • yossarian_livesyossarian_lives Registered User regular
    It takes a special mind to come up with a mechanical baby. As if ultra wealthy pedovores couldn’t procure a real baby.

"I see everything twice!"

Cambiata wrote: »
    The theory about the robotic baby is especially funny to me. Because you think the Epstein cabal can do all this other stuff but can't manage to steal Elon Musk's sperm to make a baby or twelve?

You’re having a series of model-spies seduce him anyway, maybe just let nature take it’s course?

• Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular

You’re having a series of model-spies seduce him anyway, maybe just let nature take it’s course?

Unfortunately, the models are actually different models of fembot. It's the one flaw in an otherwise completely-insane plan.

• Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular

Unfortunately, the models are actually different models of fembot. It's the one flaw in an otherwise completely-insane plan.

• Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Well this is horrifying

Also apparently Q is posting messages from the future now?? When did that get added to the mythology?

• yossarian_livesyossarian_lives Registered User regular
    Q anon is utterly ridiculous and terrifying at the same time. The history books covering this period are gonna be wild. That is, assuming Q anons don’t murder all of the historians via time travel and the space force.

"I see everything twice!"

edited July 2020
    Q will be sanitized from the history books. Victorian times had their own version, where prominent women were accused of being men in disguise (or men accused of being women). Several authors you read in high school spent their off hours poring over speeches looking for codes and going at photos with magnifying glasses trying to find Queen Victoria's secretly fathered sons.

By 2100 to actually study it you'll have to be deep down the 2100 equivalent of the Wikipedia see also rabbit hole or so high in masters level history study that you already know every era of history was stupid and batshit and we finally right now live in the enlightened future.

By the enlightened future of 2200 that enlightened future of 2100 will be similarly sanitized to remove the insane ramblings of the Church of Roko's Basilisk.

Hevach on
  • OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    Hevach wrote: »
    Q will be sanitized from the history books. Victorian times had their own version, where prominent women were accused of being men in disguise (or men accused of being women). Several authors you read in high school spent their off hours poring over speeches looking for codes and going at photos with magnifying glasses trying to find Queen Victoria's secretly fathered sons.

By 2100 to actually study it you'll have to be deep down the 2100 equivalent of the Wikipedia see also rabbit hole or so high in masters level history study that you already know every era of history was stupid and batshit and we finally right now live in the enlightened future.

By 2200 that enlightened future will be similarly sanitized to remove the insane ramblings of the Church of Roko's Basilisk.

God, humans are the worst

Orca wrote: »

By 2200 that enlightened future will be similarly sanitized to remove the insane ramblings of the Church of Roko's Basilisk.

We are ultimately monkeys playing with matches and starting a fire. Not just evolutionarily unprepared for the work of our own hands but utterly unable to grasp just how far we have progressed beyond our own capacity.

• Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Huh, I hadn't heard of that Victorian conspiracy theory, but I have seen modern conspiracists that believe that basically all celebrities are secretly transgender. Like it's something they have to do when they are initiated into the Illuminati.

• Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular

I mean, unlike other primates we don't actively eat babies. That's gotta count for something.

edited July 2020
    Well we won't anymore once Trump delivers us from the satanic pedovore cult, duh.

Hevach on
  • AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Huh, I hadn't heard of that Victorian conspiracy theory, but I have seen modern conspiracists that believe that basically all celebrities are secretly transgender. Like it's something they have to do when they are initiated into the Illuminati.

You know how it is. Become part of the world's elite, undergo massively complex and invasive surgery, recover in anonymity, get your first movie role.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular

i mean, there's nothing to compare to so we're the best and the worst....

That's probably not helping.

• ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    edited July 2020
    The problem with covering Q is you sanitise it just trying to explain or summarise it. It’s so batshit crazy and has so many offshoots and contradicting elements, it’s different to every person who believes in it, and so almost impossible to characterise or catalogue. There are certain pillars of internal consistency but these fall and are built back up seemingly at random.

You’re better off explaining the themes and prejudices that seem to permeate it, ie white supremacy, antisemitism, fundamentalist evangalical apocalyptic rhetoric, libertarian extremism, misogyny and homophobia, etc

Prohass on
  • MayabirdMayabird Pecking at the keyboardRegistered User regular

By the enlightened future of 2200 that enlightened future of 2100 will be similarly sanitized to remove the insane ramblings of the Church of Roko's Basilisk.

How positively optimistic of you.

The Seventh Day Adventists founded their religion on two very publicly and openly failed prophesies. The Mormon Church is based on the combination of a conman's Bible fanfiction and his on-the-spot justification for why his wife caught him with his dick balls-deep in the hired girl.

Q will similarly become a right-wing church of Trump worshipers with endemic child-rape. Endemic child-rape is a problem of most religions, granted, but nobody inside will notice the evil hypocrisy of praying that their messiah will return and cast down the powerful who are also pedophile monsters while themselves all being pedophile monsters, any more than any other religious groups realized their own evil hypocrisy.

This discussion has been closed.