As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Chat]ter's Block

RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
Wanna write somethin. Dunno what. Ideas, [chat]!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prmKMrxG5no

• Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    I throw my full might behind this chat the one true chat

• BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
  • RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    I may be Alexander Severus and a weak [Chat], but I'm still the legitimate [Chat]. No sexy exciting Maximius Thraxes pls.

• MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Bogart has posted here. Though much like many things in Tav's life he was a bit early. Couldn't hold it in for 10 minutes.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • KanaKana Registered User regular
    I know I'm falling right into the trap here, but that "every country Britain has invaded" song was extremely wrong!

If you're gonna do the gag you should at least commit to it!

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    Tav the usurper.

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    brb creating a new [chat]

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    blew me load sorry lads

• AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Whelp. We have our return to the office date set: July 20th. We're getting a short delay because water is being cut off in our building thanks to construction. And many of us are putting in for temporary WFH extensions (and maybe more).

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
    Tav wrote: »
    blew me load sorry lads

I grant you clemency and a nice villa near Neapolis*.

*I may not be able to do this.

• KanaKana Registered User regular
    All hail the one true king, protecting us from the vile usurper.

I always supported you, and I look forward to a prominent position in your cabinet

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    7hyQxl1.png

hmm I don't

• BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    Hmmmm the Scottish national gallery is putting on a Harryhausen exhibition to celebrate his 100 anniversary at some point this year. The feels like an excellent reason to revisit Edinburgh.

@japan

• Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    This just happened while I was discussing a friend's new dog, probably to be named Pablo:

lcwwsdvyfj8t.jpg

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    Good morning chat

I want to feel less uncomfortable in my skin

fuck gendered marketing
    Kana wrote: »
    All hail the one true king, protecting us from the vile usurper.

I always supported you, and I look forward to a prominent position in your cabinet

You wouldn't happen to be thinking of undermining me if I decided not to promote you, would you?

Bogart wrote: »
    Hmmmm the Scottish national gallery is putting on a Harryhausen exhibition to celebrate his 100 anniversary at some point this year. The feels like an excellent reason to revisit Edinburgh.

japan

Edinburgh's a neat place to visit regardless.

• PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    Microsoft put out a thing called Power Toys which, among other things, has a Windows shotcut guide. It really seems like something that should have been in Windows to begin with.

• AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    oh re: finding settings in windows

barely nobody I know but me has windows set to english and I don't understand how they manage to google anything ever

windows norwegian is a slightly odd form of norwegian

ftOqU21.png
  • nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    Imagine going to other places and doing things

I mean beyond your living room

• VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    I just nagged someone for not getting revisions back to me and he replied that he's isolating in his room with no computer because he might have covid and he's sorry

and now I'm an asshole.

the early days example summing that whole thing up was that "launch a program" became "set a program to sea" (sjøsette et program)

ftOqU21.png
  • nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    Tav wrote: »
    blew me load sorry lads

Cats (2020)

VishNub wrote: »
    I just nagged someone for not getting revisions back to me and he replied that he's isolating in his room with no computer because he might have covid and he's sorry

and now I'm an asshole.

two possibilities:

he's in his room, going stir crazy, feeling sick

or:

he's in his living room cracking a beer going "well that got him off my back for a few weeks I think"

ftOqU21.png
    Kamiro wrote: »
    VishNub wrote: »

and now I'm an asshole.

you should ask him if he's tried not having COVID

I mean also I talked to him in person on Thursday and he started feeling bad on Friday and so there's potentially complications there as well.

• TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    A buddy of mine experienced heartburn for the first time recently and he was frantically googling COVID symptoms before he realized what it was

people are guessing where's gonna spike next based off people googling "loss of smell"

• WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Elldren wrote: »
    Good morning chat

I want to feel less uncomfortable in my skin

Have you tried removing it?

• AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Fuck.

I misread my notes about the cred it card balance transfer I did last week. >.<

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    I didn't realize that puzzles are actually fun

• P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    Winky wrote: »
    play baba is you

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
    Winky wrote: »

rqahhmb3ga1v.png

• RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    why can't I smell anything help me

edited June 2020
    RIP Vishnub

actually both mrsnub and i have been to work exactly once in the last two weeks and both of us had the first case of covid in the building reported that same day.

perhaps it is a sign

VishNub on
  • bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    why can't I smell anything help me

rip, better go get tested for covid bro

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    my first full chat behind me in like.... 5 years?

• ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    I am glad that I am not the only one who has such Python feelings

Python has such a reputation as an easy to use language, but I have consistently (this.. probably has to do with what I chose to do) run into the fact that the language is built such that true multithreading is borderline impossible.

I have spent way less time fighting C++ than Python and that's weird. Also I have angry feelings about duck typing, though it's ok on smaller scales.

• P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    i feel like the people who like python aren't programmers

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    P10 wrote: »

I love python; I think it is very easy to use; I use it professionally every day; and yes. Not a programmer but I do write code for money so whatever, I think I don’t need to get my hackles up over the semantics.

I also have written multiprocessing code a couple of times but it’s v bad, as I said before. However some libraries multiprocess by their own and also there are workarounds.

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular

Python is the preferred language of people working with large datasets, usually in social or science stuff that they need to crunch some data with.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    Yessssssss, let's gatekeep all the lesser languages.

VB people, you are no better than HTML junkies.

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
This discussion has been closed.