As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Animal Crossing] has new and improved friends list in OP, please update your info.

• Ken OKen O Registered User regular
    I’ve always been disappointed there aren’t Bull Sharks in the rivers.

http://www.fingmonkey.com/
    Comics, Games, Booze
  • RidleySariaRidleySaria AnaheimRegistered User regular
    I imagine swimming will once again be limited to the ocean. Too bad, those rivers are neglected.

I bet those asshole jellyfish will be back.

Theres fucking piranha in there!

And you’re not worried about the great white sharks?!

-- Switch friend code: 2978-3296-1491 -- PSN: RidleySaria -- Genshin Impact UID: 607033509 --
  • Darth_MogsDarth_Mogs Registered User regular
    Somehow managed to get a shooting star night (not meteor shower but Isabelle still announced it) without Celeste showing up.

That's...great.

Kupowered - It's my Blog!
  • JannickJannick Registered User new member
    Darth_Mogs wrote: »
    Somehow managed to get a shooting star night (not meteor shower but Isabelle still announced it) without Celeste showing up.

That's...great.

Wow, never see that, seems interesting.

• AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    That also happened to me as well.

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • EvermournEvermourn Registered User regular
    I've had that a couple of times now.

Lol Celeste must have heard us. She just showed up and is now trapped on the east beach halfway up. Havent seen any meteors yet but assume they will show up.
    100 Acres gates are open

edited June 2020
    I've had Snobby Star Owl not attend my parties as well.

I have some stuff I want to share today, but it's raining like crazy on my island. Hopefully it'll clear up. It rained all of yesterday.

6hhLa6al.jpg

Ken O on
    Comics, Games, Booze
  • ShubNiggurathShubNiggurath Arkham, MARegistered User regular
    Gates to Yhe Abyss are open. Redd is here with all fake art. There're 3 fake paintings available at time of posting: academic, wistful, quaint

High Priestess Ubb of the island of Yhe Abyss
    VillagerDB Wish List
  • Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    Evermourn wrote: »
    Lol Celeste must have heard us. She just showed up and is now trapped on the east beach halfway up. Havent seen any meteors yet but assume they will show up.
    100 Acres gates are open

I stopped by for a new DIY but got a cancer fragment instead.

3DS code: 2938-6074-2306, Nintendo Network ID: ToxicToys, PSN: zutto
  • ShubNiggurathShubNiggurath Arkham, MARegistered User regular
    Toxic Toys wrote: »
    100 Acres gates are open

As in, Celeste handed you one? Is that what happens when you've gotten all the Celeste recipes?

High Priestess Ubb of the island of Yhe Abyss
    VillagerDB Wish List
  • Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    Toxic Toys wrote: »
    100 Acres gates are open

As in, Celeste handed you one? Is that what happens when you've gotten all the Celeste recipes?

Yup, she handed me one. I just checked and I do have all her DIYs that's currently available, just missing the up coming astrological ones.

• PirateQueenPirateQueen Registered User regular
    What switch games do you guys play when taking a break from ACNH?

I'm usually a PC gamer, but looking for some other games to try...

• amethystoakamethystoak Registered User regular
    We just got our Switch in March, so we don't have a ton of games yet. My only other games are Katamari and Mario Kart 8 (which I haven't even opened yet. Lol. I've been meaning to.) Brody has Zelda Breath of the Wild, Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate, War Groove, and a couple others that he hasn't played much.

• akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    Pecan in Yhe Abyss is making Palm Tree Lamp

Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
  • Spicy_RevSpicy_Rev Registered User regular
    I missed it, but I inherited someone's Ken. He seems fine so far.

Really need to find more lazy characters though. All these sporty ones are killing me.

sIV2P1yl.jpg

Good People of the ACNH thread. @PirateQueen has called me out once too often! Her demands for a wrestling match will not go unanswered!

EjE8oe6l.jpg

But you can't hold a match in the actual wrestling ring furniture. All you can do is lay down on it and roll into each other. I mean that's fun and all but that's not what this is about!

5VtLPWyl.jpg

So obviously we can't have the Cage Match I was hoping for. Instead we will be having ring out styled, pitfall matches. It is the only way I can defend the honor of a luchador!

o3jfFMMl.jpg

Tomorrow (hopefully the weather is better) Firehammer Island will be open to public! I'll have the ring ready and piles of pitfall seeds. Pick a sparring partner and face off in the squared circle!!

I'll have a dodo code tomorrow and should be able have the gates open for a good chunk of tomorrow. Feel free to grab an opponent and jump in. Think Sumo wrestling. The area gets lined with pitfalls and the first person to push their opponent into one is the winner.

Comics, Games, Booze
    edited June 2020
    With wedding season coming to an end, I decided to do some actual picture that I would like.

We start with the ceremony. It was done with a cute theme as per the couples request. They look so happy together.

ez2rutgsne3d.jpg

Next we move to the diner. It was held outside and a lovely time was had by all. The food was exceptional.

ua0elntop0bj.jpg

Then finally the reception. Even as a guest, K.K. has to get down. The happy couple and a few others enjoyed dancing under the stars.

s40u49nw9dsb.jpg

And some other pics I took playing around.

8ehc9zlaggpd.jpg
    ms9owi5rgi5w.jpg
    8ilh34gmcdnd.jpg

Toxic Toys on
    You guys are so creative. :D The wrestling match idea sounds fun. I was wondering what the "fighting" would actually consist of until you mentioned the pitfall seeds. That's a good idea.

These are a couple of my favorite pictures from the wedding event so far:
    y7nlna05edjd.jpg
    x8fwolo83n24.jpg

I've been putting no effort into it after the first week or so, though. 30 days for an anniversary photo shoot is just too much. XD

• GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    Although Redd is our cousin, they are no match for Tom in a katana duel.

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • PirateQueenPirateQueen Registered User regular
    : 0 Those wedding shots look fantastic
    Agreed - Tom Nook would wipe the floor with Redd

Also, you're on @Ken O
    The day of reckoning has come! > : )

A typical wedding shoot for me. Will be so glad when this isn't a daily task. I quit wow partly because of mindless dailies.

re3yjlgmcvkb.jpg

• TayaTaya Registered User regular
    The sad thing is that I liked the wedding event, but I did not like having to do the photo shoot everyday just to get all the items. The May Day event was fun, but I’m glad it was over and done in one shot.

edited June 2020
    Opal Cove is open to friends.

Saharah is here with:
    - red design kitchen mat
    - white wooden deck rug
    - yellow kilim style carpet
    - exquisite wall
    - lobby flooring

Nooks is fully stocked. They have a walnut grand piano.

Able's has wrestling masks if you need to buy some in preparation for tomorrow.

Phoebe is crafting iron shelf.

Edit: fixed a typo.

Edit 2:
    Egbert is dancing adorably by the entrance.
    vrp8w9cj6g1s.jpg

amethystoak on
  • IrukaIruka Registered User, Moderator mod
    Oh man, I am coming for that iron shelf diy

Oh, something that maybe totally be obvious to others, but I discovered last night: Rainbow stag farming.

I've been nook miles island hopping to get stone to make the rock diys, and in this hunt I keep getting the bamboo island. Usually I was filling up my inventory with minerals and the whole bamboo trees, but I have enough full trees now, so I just decimated the island with my axe. I realized this made it easy to catch tiger beetles, which are 1500.... so I kept destroying. I busted all the flowers which stopped stink bugs and old man face bugs from spawning at all, I busted all the rocks too, just for good measure. this left the spawns to the grass and the palm trees. All that could appear were:

- Drone beetles
    - Mosqitos
    - Tiger beetles
    - emperor butterflies
    - atlas moths
    - rainbow stags

Drone beetles are easy to scare off the 4 trees in a cycle, so I would just slowly make a loop around the island and catch tiger beetles, and replaced tiger beetles with more expensive bugs till I got too sleepy. Easy haul for when flick comes back. This method would work really well next month when the more exciting beetles/cicadas arrive, I think!

Also, I guess it would work with any island, but the bamboo one is totally flat for efficient running about.

I've gone one further... Dug up all the coconut trees whole from 4-5 other nook islands, and transplant them all to a beach on a "favorable" island.

Also what could appear in your list would be scorpions and goliath beetles.

Oh dang, I though those guys didn't start spawning till next month for some reason, but I just looked at my critter list and looks like I already caught one and turned it in, so thats good. A scorpion did spawn, I forgot! I wiffed and it got me though. I have yet to catch one of those fuckers, another reason Im island hopping. Tarantula island was my only way to practice the mechanic.

A tree transfer is an excellent idea. I'm still hoping to land on one of the mineral islands.

I've only caught scorpions on bamboo island after leveling it. (I haven't landed on scorpion/tarantula island yet.) Whenever they're on my island, they always attack me or disappear before I can catch them. It doesn't help that I am basically Blathers when it comes to those creepy little things. :P

Net out: scorp/rancho attacks

Net put away: they run away

Just some more from Harvey's island. I'm enjoying it a lot more than i gave it credit for when I first tried it.

tpm9bblg4l0p.jpg
    hvilv55bvfsu.jpg
    tznju96u0zos.jpg

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Do you have to have the molten cavern floor/wall to use Harv's island? to get that last pic

Brainleech wrote: »
    Do you have to have the molten cavern floor/wall to use Harv's island? to get that last pic

Anything you've cataloged can be used. I don't have any diner stuff I'm storage but I have it in my catalog.

Does anyone have the Pink Combat Work Boots they could send me? I'd be happy to pay or trade.

Comics, Games, Booze
  • RidleySariaRidleySaria AnaheimRegistered User regular
    Harv’s Island is a lot more fun when you have a wide selection of props and costumes. When you first unlock the island you’re unlikely to have that, which is probably why it goes overlooked.

-- Switch friend code: 2978-3296-1491 -- PSN: RidleySaria -- Genshin Impact UID: 607033509 --
  • SilverWindSilverWind Registered User regular
    Ken O wrote: »
    Does anyone have the Pink Combat Work Boots they could send me? I'd be happy to pay or trade.

Sent! :D

signature.png
    Switch: SW-7603-3284-4227
    My ACNH Wishlists | My ACNH Catalog
    Thank you!! I didn't have boots that matched my pink mask.

Comics, Games, Booze
  • IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited June 2020
    Got some very pretty kimono-looking robes today, and tiny hats to boot.
    0X637

Able:
    Oversized shawl overshirt!!
    Sweetheart tank and shirt
    Elephant-print pants
    Ancient Sashed Robe!!!
    Long denim cardigan (has a scarf!)
    Striped halter dress
    Bunny ears
    Ribboned straw hat (tiny hats!!!)
    Funny glasses (anime eyes)

Saharah is here!