As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Chat]ter's Block

• ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Elldren wrote: »
    Shivahn wrote: »
    me to my children: you have to follow the rules even if I'm not here to watch you
    me: this is important because I have to do a job so we can have food and a place to live, and I cannot do that job if you are fucking up every time I am elsewhere
    my children: ?
    children: ??

you have kids!?

Wow, it really has been awhile for you, hasn't it? :P

We should list everything that has changed and see if we can shock him into catatonia

It's plausible

GUESS WHERE I LIVE

GUESS HOW MANY PEOPLE IN CHAT ARE TRANSGENDER

DK IS MARRIED????

BABIES ERRYWHERE

so many

so very many

this is my favorite development. i transitioned in the time I was away and when I came back it turns out a bunch of you did too. Makes me feel connected in a weird way.

One of the things I promised myself when I decided to start posting again was that i wouldn't do that thing where I get weirdly personal and saccharine, but I Just gotta say that it feels really nice to see folks here again :surprised:

Ok maybe

maybe I missed that

Perhaps I am the one who will be shocked into catatonia

• MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    edited June 2020
    Remote diagnosis of mental illness is, like, problematic and extremely overused in today's online lifesphere, but also that Twitch guy sounds like he's mentally ill and it's kind of sad (I struggle for a non-mental illness related explanation for a way someone could file that case without understanding that it would be immediately dismissed while they would become a laughingstock)

The stuff about necrosis and his bloodshot eyes remind me a bit of my schizophrenic cousin's delusions about circumcision, although, tbf, my cousin did not have the wherewithal to put any sort of case before a court, not even one that's obviously going to be immediately dismissed

MrMister on
  • RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjf6B-vESjk

I think this one is cheating

• skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    I got something under my fingernail yesterday and it pushed back the (idk what the anatomy terms are here, the part where the meat of your finger connects to the nail)

a small amount! like 1/8" maybe!

and my finger hurts and throbs every time I put pressure on it, this is some pow shit

• VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    968zstsvgpfp.png

this is niche content

• Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    Elldren wrote: »
    me to my children: you have to follow the rules even if I'm not here to watch you
    me: this is important because I have to do a job so we can have food and a place to live, and I cannot do that job if you are fucking up every time I am elsewhere
    my children: ?
    children: ??

you have kids!?

Wow, it really has been awhile for you, hasn't it? :P

We should list everything that has changed and see if we can shock him into catatonia

It's plausible

GUESS WHERE I LIVE

GUESS HOW MANY PEOPLE IN CHAT ARE TRANSGENDER

DK IS MARRIED????

BABIES ERRYWHERE

so many

so very many

this is my favorite development. i transitioned in the time I was away and when I came back it turns out a bunch of you did too. Makes me feel connected in a weird way.

One of the things I promised myself when I decided to start posting again was that i wouldn't do that thing where I get weirdly personal and saccharine, but I Just gotta say that it feels really nice to see folks here again :surprised:

Ok maybe

maybe I missed that

Perhaps I am the one who will be shocked into catatonia

B)

• Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    MrMister wrote: »
    Remote diagnosis of mental illness is, like, problematic and extremely overused in today's online lifesphere, but also that Twitch guy sounds like he's mentally ill and it's kind of sad (I struggle for a non-mental illness related explanation for a way someone could file that case without understanding that it would be immediately dismissed while they would become a laughingstock)

The stuff about necrosis and his bloodshot eyes remind me a bit of my schizophrenic cousin's delusions about circumcision, although, tbf, my cousin did not have the wherewithal to put any sort of case before a court, not even one that's obviously going to be immediately dismissed
    Functional schizophrenics file cases like that all the time. I think your diagnosis is correct.

• ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    VishNub wrote: »
    968zstsvgpfp.png

this is niche content

I think this is true of basically all arthropoda, but @Arch would know more broadly. It definitely is for crayfish, though as decapodans they're really close genetically, so who knows.

I guess what I'm saying is that YOU'RE weird for producing antibodies >: (

• cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    I can't articulate how, but that Miku avatar did give me kind of a trans vibe.

czw23t4j6ba1.png

What I find fascinating is how often a schizophrenic's delusions get tied up with something very taboo or sexual in nature. It is as if there is a flood gate that breaks and all the subconscious thoughts that normally get thrown out by the executive function just bubble up to the surface.

cB557 wrote: »

It is kind of interesting, in a retrospective sort of way, to realize that I only actually transitioned like eeeiiiight years ago? But have had female avatars since I've been here, which is longer than that, because I am a lich.

968zstsvgpfp.png

this is niche content

I think this is true of basically all arthropoda, but @Arch would know more broadly. It definitely is for crayfish, though as decapodans they're really close genetically, so who knows.

Do they have some sort of innate immune system?

The new hotness in human immunology is showing that the innate immune component actually has an adaptive memory like the adaptive arm of immunology.

• EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    rce1z2kwat751.jpg

sensible witchery

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
    968zstsvgpfp.png

this is niche content

I think this is true of basically all arthropoda, but Arch would know more broadly. It definitely is for crayfish, though as decapodans they're really close genetically, so who knows.

Do they have some sort of innate immune system?

The new hotness in human immunology is showing that the innate immune component actually has an adaptive memory like the adaptive arm of immunology.

I don't know much about it, except that they trap infected spots in melanocytes, so you see old crayfish or ones which have been wounded with really weird looking hard melanistic scars on the soft parts of their cuticle.

(presumably on hard parts as well, but I'm specifically thinking of how they sometimes end up with really jacked under-tails if they've been wounded)

I actually used the nickname I got from this forum early in my transition. Somehow me and my friends were talking about chosen names, and I was like "well this one forum I used to go on always called me Mori to the point where it was like my real name" and they were like "do you want us to call you that?" and i was like ye

I ended up moving on to a different name irl but like, it was cool

I actually used the nickname I got from this forum early in my transition. Somehow me and my friends were talking about chosen names, and I was like "well this one forum I used to go on always called me Mori to the point where it was like my real name" and they were like "do you want us to call you that?" and i was like ye

I ended up moving on to a different name irl but like, it was cool

tbf I got my name from an RPG I played, so

• TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    cB557 wrote: »

the blue hair is the same blue as the trans flag

or at least close enough to it to give me that vibe

• EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »
    I'm listening to Hellfire and damn this guy is horny to a degree of intensity that I don't think is actually humanly possible.

smwryol6z6ay.jpg

2020, breaking all the records for everything.

every sentence and photo in this complaint is solid gold but I love random snippets like "eye drops do nothing to hide his shame"

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
    906za3zt357f.png

this me

• MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    What I find fascinating is how often a schizophrenic's delusions get tied up with something very taboo or sexual in nature. It is as if there is a flood gate that breaks and all the subconscious thoughts that normally get thrown out by the executive function just bubble up to the surface.

My guess would be that the mental mechanisms that inhibit people from talking about taboos aren't functioning normally, e.g., mindreading capacities for projecting how others will react to taboo subjects. So even if there's no extra focus on taboos, there's just no filtering, so that makes that content super noticeable. (Also maybe there is extra focus? idk im obviously not a shrink).

My cousin had some sexual delusions, but they were mostly religious, and religious delusions are I think extremely common.

It was kind of uncomfortable at his funeral. His church people talked about how he had this special relationship with god, and they were impressed by all the Beautiful Mind-style religious material he had plastered up in his room. But his secular family was like "..." (that was delusional, and his religious delusions were not innocent--they led to his exploitation by televangelists, as well as violence toward random bystanders who he became convinced were in league with Satan).

i cant imagine how you'd cum on a monitor and start a fire

if you were wanking in a chair at your computer, it would all hit the screen

you'd have to be actively cumming inside the monitor for that to happen

• matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    Now I want to start a bowling team with a guy named Stan and call the team "In League With Stan"

nibXTE7.png
    Tav wrote: »

please don't kinkshame

• IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular

At lest for you fleshbags.

please don't kinkshame

a very expensive kink from the sounds of the deposition

please don't kinkshame

a very expensive kink from the sounds of the deposition

deposition eh

:winky:

• BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    I'm imagining a complex Rube Goldberg machine.

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    968zstsvgpfp.png

this is niche content

I think this is true of basically all arthropoda, but Arch would know more broadly. It definitely is for crayfish, though as decapodans they're really close genetically, so who knows.

If we have all these antibodies why don't we just get annihilated like any other time when matter and anti-matter comes into contact.

• PotatoNinjaPotatoNinja Fake Gamer Goat Registered User regular
    I want this Twitch case to proceed to expert discovery.

I want some poor sap to write a detailed report about cum velocity and flammability.

Two goats enter, one car leaves
  • nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular

amateur

• nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    Bethryn wrote: »
    I'm imagining a complex Rube Goldberg machine.

This is the worst Final Destination sequel yet

I’m not even trying to dunk on the horny dude

I just simply do not understand

• CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    the_donald and chapotraphouse have both been banned, spez has brought balance to the Force

• ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    the early days example summing that whole thing up was that "launch a program" became "set a program to sea" (sjøsette et program)

it pleases me that i would be able to recognize "sjøsette" being the incorrect translation of "launch"

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    edited June 2020
    I've been practicing and getting better and more and more comfortable

Well, today I thought would be a good day to head over to the next town for lunch.

[img][/img]Uwkd1z0h.jpg

SummaryJudgment on
    Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Coinage wrote: »
    the_donald and chapotraphouse have both been banned, spez has brought balance to the Force

Good job Reddit

Only four years too late

• BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Although they also banned /r/gendercritical, so actual good job on that one

• CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    Chapo didn't deserve to be banned, even if I found them monumentally unpleasant. But they shitposted too greedily

• matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    "Hang on, I need to reboot my range hood"

EpXTF2C.jpg

nibXTE7.png
This discussion has been closed.