As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

May Need To [s]Book Hotel Near LAX[/s] Calm Down, [s]Need Experience[/s] She's Through

BouwsTBouwsT Wanna come to a super soft birthday party?Registered User regular
edited June 2020 in Help / Advice Forum
Hey all, long story short, my wife is flying home from NZ. She had a flight landing in LAX June 23rd, a 3hr layover, then to Vancouver, Canada. HOWEVER, Air Canada is screwing us royally, and changed her flight to 24 hours later, departing LAX on the 24th. She may have to stay the night which I hate the idea of, and I'm trying to get a different flight home for her.

If I need to book a hotel for her, is there something basically "on campus"? Cost is not a concern, I need her safe. If not, what's the closest, clean hotel? Do you know if these hotels run shuttles? Should she take a cab? Any and all advice is much appreciated, I'm having a mild panic-attack over this whole situation.

Between you and me, Peggy, I smoked this Juul and it did UNTHINKABLE things to my mind and body...
BouwsT on

• Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Okay, first off, don’t panic. :)

Second, every hotel and their brother is going to be running shuttles near LAX.

Third, the aloft chain of hotels are always really close to the airport (the one at LAX is blocks away) and have shuttles, decent rates, and usually good happy hours. They’re kinda focused around business travelers, so they aren’t super posh, but they’re basically universally good.

• Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    Elvenshae wrote: »
    Okay, first off, don’t panic. :)

Second, every hotel and their brother is going to be running shuttles near LAX.

Third, the aloft chain of hotels are always really close to the airport (the one at LAX is blocks away) and have shuttles, decent rates, and usually good happy hours. They’re kinda focused around business travelers, so they aren’t super posh, but they’re basically universally good.

Yep. I never stayed at any hotels when I lived in LA, but whenever I flew into/out of LAX, I saw plenty of nearby hotels and their corresponding shuttles.

• Options
    BouwsTBouwsT Wanna come to a super soft birthday party? Registered User regular
    She's through LA, was able to get her an alternate flight through SEA and on to YVR. I didn't want to jinx anything by saying so until she actually LEFT LAX, I REALLY appreciate the reassurance, typically I'm not this neurotic. Now to hopefully calm down for the rest of the evening, while she continues through to Vancouver.

Between you and me, Peggy, I smoked this Juul and it did UNTHINKABLE things to my mind and body...
  • Options
    BouwsTBouwsT Wanna come to a super soft birthday party? Registered User regular
    Cross posted from the [Family] thread, last update on this saga. She's home, has been for a few days. We're under quarantine for 2 weeks together, which has been wonderful. I hope you're all doing as well as can be.

96ij4kt9hjei.jpg

You can close the thread, and thanks for being a bastion for good advice, friends.

This discussion has been closed.