As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Quarantivity (or how to stay sane while working from home forever)

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Please don't take my bones.

They're kind of my entire support structure.

• Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    tynic wrote: »
    I burned my arm on the oven last week and today it reached a really grody stage of healing. Thinking of bandaging it up for the sake of others.

... yeah that's my sunday.

I feel like we’ve really missed the mark here by not asking about this

Is this the story the robots told you to tell

• Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    Oh you are more than welcome to my bones.

Please! Take them! I don't mind at all! In fact I insist. Take all of them.

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Juggernut wrote: »
    Oh you are more than welcome to my bones.

Please! Take them! I don't mind at all! In fact I insist. Take all of them.

What wonders will be wrought with your bones

• Options
    Wonders, horrors, I do not mind. Do with them what you will but please, please just take them.

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Gonna make a nice sourdough

• Options
    Veldrin wrote: »
    Gonna make a nice sourdough

Just because or with Jugg’s bones

• Options
    As I have said before the house across the street from me was a party house. One of the people that lived there was a philosophical drunk. He asked me what I thought about the fact my skeleton was hitching a free ride inside of my body

• Options
    Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    Today marks 14 weeks of totally alcohol-free days. Had spent most of the last few years before quarantine trying to kick the habit, reasonably successfully but never quite entirely (I had been exclusively drinking socially anyways since November, and if I do ever drink again it will remain so), and then for whatever reason this seemed like the right time to put 100% effort into keeping my mental and physical health afloat.

Had a small amount seasonally appropriate herbal product at the two-thirds mark of April, and a couple of cigarettes, but otherwise been borderline straight-edge through lockdown season as well.

At the very least, I plan to continue sobriety as long as any kind of lockdown or social distancing is in effect, to the extent of being able to safely have something like an indoor concert of nerd convention. Maybe even longer than that. I don't know yet if this decision is permanent or, if kinda like me being vegetarian for two years at ages 15-16 has led me to another decade of eating smarter, it just sets me up for a lifetime of reasonably healthier habits, but I see either of those conditions as a win eh

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2020
    I burned my arm on the oven last week and today it reached a really grody stage of healing. Thinking of bandaging it up for the sake of others.

look we all know it's impossible to use the oven without giving yourself a second degree burn, that's just science

edit: sometimes I can arrange it so I set fire to tea-towels instead of myself, that's it though

tynic on
  • Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular

look we all know it's impossible to use the oven without giving yourself a second degree burn, that's just science

edit: sometimes I can arrange it so I set fire to tea-towels instead of myself, that's it though

Whenever possible, I make sure to inspect the oven face-first, as nature intended.

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Yank out my bones, scrimshaw them, then put them back in.

Jokes aside, I'm ok, this isn't my first head trauma rodeo, just ugh ow ow fuck my skull hurts thank you for attending my lecture on late-capitalist bone troubles.

• Options
    FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    I did a thing I've been procrastinating on for a year and it both made me happy in the doing thereof but also I no longer have to carry the mental baggage about in my head of not having done it and that makes me happy also.

X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular

bdjmu80bmej7.jpg

• Options
    WACriminalWACriminal Dying Is Easy, Young Man Living Is HarderRegistered User regular
    Veldrin wrote: »

Whenever possible, I make sure to inspect the oven face-first, as nature intended.

I minorly burned my knee the other day because I had been stirring some potatoes on a tray, using one mitted hand to hold the tray in place. Then while I paused to assess the results of said stirring, I absentmindedly rested said mitted hand on said knee.

• Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    What you don't know is what Tynic's oven looks like
    Wassermann_2422.jpg

• Options
    Yeah but does it connect to the internet

• Options
    Yeah but does it connect to the internet

It is where the dark web and web meet

• Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Mortal Sky wrote: »
    Today marks 14 weeks of totally alcohol-free days. Had spent most of the last few years before quarantine trying to kick the habit, reasonably successfully but never quite entirely (I had been exclusively drinking socially anyways since November, and if I do ever drink again it will remain so), and then for whatever reason this seemed like the right time to put 100% effort into keeping my mental and physical health afloat.

Had a small amount seasonally appropriate herbal product at the two-thirds mark of April, and a couple of cigarettes, but otherwise been borderline straight-edge through lockdown season as well.

At the very least, I plan to continue sobriety as long as any kind of lockdown or social distancing is in effect, to the extent of being able to safely have something like an indoor concert of nerd convention. Maybe even longer than that. I don't know yet if this decision is permanent or, if kinda like me being vegetarian for two years at ages 15-16 has led me to another decade of eating smarter, it just sets me up for a lifetime of reasonably healthier habits, but I see either of those conditions as a win eh

Well done! It's definitely nice to think that across the last few months I've been very clean so to speak

• Options
    DocshiftyDocshifty Registered User regular
    I'm watching a review of Michael Bloomberg's daughter's series of horse books.

I think I'm done with quarantine.

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    ChicoBlue wrote: »

bdjmu80bmej7.jpg

This is tynic we're talking about here, she's going to need to wear those under one of these:

cpa-aluminized-fire-proximity-suit.jpg

• Options
    That kind of looks like a toe

• Options
    Man when I get sick my body immediately craves bullshit.

Like, I just had a bunch of icecream, frozen gyoza, and ego waffles delivered to my door and I'm also kicking myself for not ordering fruit loops because I really want fruit loops.

I haven't had fruit loops in years.

Am... am I pregnant?

• Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    Juggernut wrote: »
    Man when I get sick my body immediately craves bullshit.

Like, I just had a bunch of icecream, frozen gyoza, and ego waffles delivered to my door and I'm also kicking myself for not ordering fruit loops because I really want fruit loops.

I haven't had fruit loops in years.

Am... am I pregnant?

il_570xN.1163502409_53iu.jpg

...maybe?

• Options
    IronKnuckle's GhostIronKnuckle's Ghost Registered User regular
    QPocgb9.jpg

Behold the glass one gallon jugs. Ruminate upon their emptiness. Consider that though they are presently filled with naught, they are also simultaneously filled with infinite possibilities. Thus, the duality of the glass jug. Thus, the duality of thine own self.

• Options
    GrisloGrislo Registered User regular

Behold the glass one gallon jugs. Ruminate upon their emptiness. Consider that though they are presently filled with naught, they are also simultaneously filled with infinite possibilities. Thus, the duality of the glass jug. Thus, the duality of thine own self.

This post was sponsored by Tom Cruise.
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    QPocgb9.jpg

you can fill em up with pennies

• Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    Rarely has a private corporation made a better case for immediate nationalization

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Lets get constant protestors outside Gilead offices.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    Shorty wrote: »
    QPocgb9.jpg

you can fill em up with pennies

Think I'll just make beer in em, really.

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Gross. I don't think I'd make beer in my penny jugs. Pennies are nasty.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    The new-new style of IPA, Includes Pennies Ale.

• Options
    Look, you want the leading copper-based brews, you come to IK's House of Mild Metal Poisoning.

• Options
    0zpdqz7e6b1f.jpeg

This beer does indeed taste like it’s brewed with pennies covered in people’s ass sweat and worse

• Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    When I went to the US I was pretty impressed by the craft beers available

Typically the reputation is that it's a home of Budweiser and so on, which is piss IMO, but yeah it was good stuff

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    As with so many aspects of the US, we export mostly our garbage beers to the world. I know so many non-US folks who have come here and been shocked by both the variety and quality of beers on offer in really any given city at this point.

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    The craft beer scene in the US has really taken off in the last ten or fifteen years, but even in the 90s there was a solid industry in the larger urban hubs. I think the difference now is you don’t have to be in NYC or Seattle to find interesting indie producers.

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    The craft beer scene in the US has really taken off in the last ten or fifteen years, but even in the 90s there was a solid industry in the larger urban hubs. I think the difference now is you don’t have to be in NYC or Seattle to find interesting indie producers.

watching the craft beer scene grow was a little weird because I can't remember a time when at the very least Redhook wasn't in every store and restaurant