As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFBE] THIS THREAD IS DEAD, LONG LIVE NEW THREAD

• Options
    CruorCruor Registered User regular
    The enemies in DV seem a lot tankier than normal (probably a function of this being, essentially, DV#5) so getting max damage on them is proving difficult. I'm not too awful concerned, however. I'm resigned to being a second-class DV player until I can get MMXon.

• Options
    LorekLorek Registered User regular
    edited June 2020
    Yeah, I was surprised at my score for 3-4. I went in with AC Cloud, Cid and Karten all capping and still came out under a billion.
    Even the 3-2 physical fight was terrible damage. I gotta find some way to go back and fix that one, cause I don't think I even got enough to S+ for damage.

Edit: Yeah, Alexander was 12000pts in damage using the same triple finisher on turn 3; something like 600 million damage.
    Either this strategy isn't as decent as I think it is or they are tanky as all hell.

Lorek on
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Alexander has crazy defensive stats and HP. I'm wondering if I can even OTKO him without MMXon. Gonna try my damndest.

Edit: he can be diseased (50% resistance though, so it may take a couple tries to make it stick) so that can help with the burst damage.

Cruor on
  • Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    My 4 NE tickets get me 1 rainbow, CG Charlotte #1. My last DV ticket was a rainbow with Kimono Ayaka #3.

11-pull
    go5ks9xy0ibk.jpeg

Not bad, not great.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    TipharesTiphares Registered User regular
    edited June 2020
    I've just finished DV area 2 and I was not getting max scores on most of those fights. I was having a hard time getting the OTKO on Dark Phoenix because I was timing Elly's finishing hit very badly. I think i can clean it up a little, but not much. Then I need to get to work on area 3. Thankfully, they extended the event a few days. I wish they extended it by a week.

My New Era1 tickets got me ACCloud #3. The 11 rainbow pull had a couple of new units and a lot of 3rds and 5ths. New was Diablos Sol and CG Bartz. Finally got Edgar #2 and CG Tidus #2! I also had a Kaito (#5) and regular Squall (#6) in there. If I hadn't already prismed Kaito, that would have been STMR. Oh well, that STMR has been super useful the past month or two. Everything else was meh.

edit: The new WoTV banner units seem very skippable to me. Am I missing something?

Tiphares on
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Yeah seems pretty skippable. Adding Greg 2.0 to the banner has some folks pissed off since they now have a chance to pull him vs in JP it was just Sterne Leonis/Kitone. Curious to see where his damage ends up. Seems like another TDH LB user.

I guess the collab stuff is pretty much over with no more news. So the question is do I UoC 2B for her STMR or UoC Elly in hopes of her prism down the road or just omniprism her STMR. Elly's STMR is amazing, basically the Mage version of Ed's. So many resists. 2B's is nice, and would be great for someone like Ed, but AC cloud can't use the other weapons and Ed maxes attack with just 2 materia already so he doesn't need much help.

Trajan45 on
  • Options
    Sterne's STMR is a decent upgrade on King Rain's armor if you use AC Cloud or similar LB-finisher unit (extra +10 ATK and 20% LB damage).
    Whether that upgrade is worth chasing a limited-time STMR? Doubt it for most people.

• Options
    Too bad Kitone's TMR is weird. 25% dodge is the minimum normally I'd think about swapping out RoL. And only 142 HP? If it had been 300-500 HP, I might have considered it.

• Options

Reminder: Use your Collab Event UoC tickets before maintenance!

I'm still trying to decide what to do with mine. I really want Elly's STMR, but it's not going to be useful for DV area 3 so there's no pressure there. Plus, we just got an STMR moogle that I can still use on her. I have 2 collab UoC's to work with after using 1 to 7* Elly (well worth it). I have 3 of Lezard, Sophia, and 2B (after Trust Coin prism). Alternately, I can 7* Bart (less useful since I have MMXon).

• Options
    2B or Lezard, IMO.
    Lezard is least likely to appear in the Prism Shop next time it upgrades (if it ever does) because he's still pretty new. Of the ones you have at 3, it's probably the best stats-wise. Unless you have a ton of TDW mage equipment, then maybe you don't need it since it's usually better to go TDW on mages if you have all the fancy STMRs.

The exception would be if you ever want to seriously use 2B. Her TMR is god damn trash, so you basically need her STMR if you ever want to seriously use her. Also, it's still a very nice weapon mastery materia.

In other news, I figured I'd try some tickets on the banner since Selphie could help out my DV magic scores. Both 30% tickets from the last DV came down rainbow; and of course they were both Irvine. This game. So now I have a 7* Irvine I guess, for whatever that's worth.
    It does make me fall into the trap of using lapis, which I didn't really want to do. Ace/Rem are both better than Selphie for the magic-damage-as-physical schtick. I'd much rather save lapis and pull for both of them. But if I did the 12k and got lucky, I could get Selphie. But if I don't, I'd get a prism for Irvine and then I could UoC another prism and get his STMR. 100% beast/demon materia is gross; I use Force Mysterion for demons all the damn time.
    But do I want to use the lapis :(

• Options
    That's a tough call. I'd say wait for it. FFT0 will be soon-ish (maybe sooner than we anticipate due to COVID forcing a lot of JP banners that don't require a lot of translation/localization beyond the units, which is why I feel there's been a massive slowdown in story events). Also, hopefully the unit design contest units come soon and I have a feeling the moogle mage unit Ygni is gonna be great, and hopefully has some magic damage as physical stuff.

• Options
    I actually do have a lot of MAG TDW gear. I have a little bit of MAG TDH, but I only use it on Elena/A.Fry. I prefer the extra stats from DW on magic damagers. So, I've kind of narrowed the choice down to Sophia and 2B STMRs. I could see those getting a lot of use. Hopefully, Sophia gets the Elly treatment when/if her enhancements come around. In the mean time, I will give 7* Lezard a try in DV area 3.

• Options

2nd Reminder: World Revisit Quests ends with maintenance!!

Go get that lapis!

• Options
    Tiphares wrote: »
    I actually do have a lot of MAG TDW gear. I have a little bit of MAG TDH, but I only use it on Elena/A.Fry. I prefer the extra stats from DW on magic damagers. So, I've kind of narrowed the choice down to Sophia and 2B STMRs. I could see those getting a lot of use. Hopefully, Sophia gets the Elly treatment when/if her enhancements come around. In the mean time, I will give 7* Lezard a try in DV area 3.

I'd go with 2B's then. Sophia's STMR is only good if you're using it on her. If she gets new meta enhancements down the line, it seems almost impossible that Gumi wouldn't throw up another banner for her to get people to pull and use those enhancements. So in that case, there'd be another shot to go for that 4th copy anyway.

• Options
    edited June 2020
    Lorek wrote: »

I'd go with 2B's then. Sophia's STMR is only good if you're using it on her. If she gets new meta enhancements down the line, it seems almost impossible that Gumi wouldn't throw up another banner for her to get people to pull and use those enhancements. So in that case, there'd be another shot to go for that 4th copy anyway.
    I think you missed the part where I said I have enough tokens to get 2 units. So, I will get both Sophia AND 2B STMRs'. Flat 60 MAG/SPR is really nice even if it's not used by Sophia. I just don't see myself using the 168 MAG TDH rod very much.

Tiphares on
  • Options
    Hoo boy, looks like a lot of people are either struggling with this DV or just not running it. Just beat Alexander (T4 clear, my burst round was enough to get him to like 17% and then just had to clean it up the next turn) and my rank is like 364. Before fighting Alexander I was over 2k in rank, so it seems like Alexander alone is a big hurdle. And, like, he certainly is. I finally UoC'd ALocke's prism so I could grab his STMR to free up a materia slot for Sylvie while still having a free materia slot for light resist.

I can really see why Alexander is giving people trouble. My team is using a bunch of STMRs, has at least 70% light resist on everyone before buffs, is using three very well geared finishers (AC Cloud, Regina, Cid) with strong AR chainers (Elena, Radiant Lightning) supported by a 100% evade/provoke eSylvie. Even then, I couldn't burst him down for a OTKO. MMXon sure would help with that as well, but I'm damn happy with my clear without him.

• Options
    ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    Someone posted a Reddit link for DV stuff, can't remember if it was this thread or the last one. I think it had a list of different killer types? Can that be linked again?

Does it have other info, like imbues or which characters have different element attacks? It's so taxing to go digging through my units to see who can deal with each element, especially while also trying to pick ones that can chain together. Mainly for magic stages, since I can use MM Xon to copy imbues.

• Options
    edited June 2020
    Zomro wrote: »
    Someone posted a Reddit link for DV stuff, can't remember if it was this thread or the last one. I think it had a list of different killer types? Can that be linked again?

Does it have other info, like imbues or which characters have different element attacks? It's so taxing to go digging through my units to see who can deal with each element, especially while also trying to pick ones that can chain together. Mainly for magic stages, since I can use MM Xon to copy imbues.

This one:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/gs2u3x/useful_dv_info/

Has high T1 mod attacks and imbue/high imperils. Not sure if there is a list of elemental attacks, lemme do some digging.

Edit: https://exvius.gamepedia.com/Category:Elements

Click on the element you want and scroll down to abilities. Not the most ideal way to search for elemental attacks but it works. Some elements have additional pages you'll have to go to (link to additional pages a the bottom of the page).

Cruor on
  • Options
    I'm pretty happy that we're getting the Veritas trial, just in time to take WH Raegen for a spin. Since they're all immune to breaks it means I get to take WH Raegen and AC Cloud in space of a breaker. I can pretty easily gear both of them, since even though they are both TDW units they want pretty different gear.

• Options
    Really wish they'd give better chaining families for magic DPS. Or, at the very least, get rid of the split between CW and CWA. I have Archmage Kefka and Wizardess Shantotto who can chain CWA Lightning damage, but Sorceress Y'shtola only has CW Lightning damage. I'm not UoCing Hein or Black Mage Vivi just to get a third chainer. Prepping for the magic DV stages is the worst.

• Options
    I'm just happy that you can weave CWA into AR chains and not have them break (if spark chaining). Most of my magic stage clears consist of using that chain setup with a finisher or two, if I can fit it all in.

I just went back and cleaned up some stages, crested the 1.3mil point threshold that I was able to hit last time so I'm pretty happy. Currently at 400ish rank, if this DV goes like last time that should put me in the 2-3k range by the time it's over.

• Options
    marajimaraji Registered User regular
    I uh... haven’t had time to even open DV. So I’m 1 for 3 on getting to the “new interesting content” so far.

• Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    edited July 2020
    Been playing through the season 3 story a bit.

On the one hand, I honestly rather enjoy the more vignette style writing, with individual adventures and stuff. On the other hand... boy howdy are we showing that Alim has trouble writing female characters for beans. Also,
    Did I miss anything in the first couple seasons or did this whole "Charlotte has always wanted to bang Lasswell" thing come out of absolutely nowhere?

Drascin on
    Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    maraji wrote: »
    I uh... haven’t had time to even open DV. So I’m 1 for 3 on getting to the “new interesting content” so far.

I've not touched it either. They mentioned it's extended so I assumed we have till next maintenance and I'm pondering MMXon.

• Options
    edited July 2020
    I thought DV was only extended until this weekend to make up the 3 lost days last week? I guess I misread the banner notice.
    I've cleared everything in DV except Dark Alexander. I need to go back and clean up some clears, but I've gotten decent scores across the board. Rico and Elly FTW. I've actually gotten a lot of use out of CG Tidus too (fire imbue, ATK buff, beast killer buff, and chainer).

@Drascin
    Yes. That was hinted at early on. I'm pretty sure it was in Season 1. It might have even been during her story event.[\spoiler]

Tiphares on
  • Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    edited July 2020
    I thought DV was only extended until this weekend to make up the 3 lost days last week? I guess I misread the banner notice.

@Drascin
    Yes. That was hinted at early on. I'm pretty sure it was in Season 1. It might have even been during her story event.[\spoiler]
    It definitely wasn't during her Sacred Shield event (the one with the whole coalition building), I know that much, because I did that one, and there was less than zero hints of that there, but if there were character events for Charlotte before I started the game that might be it.

Still, I am so, SO tired of the whole thing with keeping everyone in a state of perpetual pre-romantic shenanigans. I am getting some serious Shakugan no Shana S2 vibes. And this is not a compliment. I was hopeful for a bit with Lasswell and Physalis actually having something resembling a functional courtship for a while in the middle of S2, but well.

Drascin on
    Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    DV event banner says it's up until Monday July 6th at 3:59 AM EST. Aka just before reset Monday morning. Just in time for the Next Era II stuff to come out in case you thought you could get MM Xon from those pulls for this DV.

• Options
    Lorek wrote: »
    DV event banner says it's up until Monday July 6th at 3:59 AM EST. Aka just before reset Monday morning. Just in time for the Next Era II stuff to come out in case you thought you could get MM Xon from those pulls for this DV.
    Thanks for clarifying. I was pretty sure it did not run until maintenance next week.

• Options
    It at least gives me the weekend. We'll see if I have the energy to do it.

• Options
    The login 10+1 dropped Doc Aiden#4 for me. That's a pretty nice staff. I'm building a nice little set of things I need to run in IW when it comes back.

• Options
    So, for Dark Alexander, as long as everyone has 170% light resist after buffs, no one takes any damage right? No need for a magic tank, just a passive provoker? I know that Cid's mirage on turn 1 prevents any physical damage there.

• Options
    So, for Dark Alexander, as long as everyone has 170% light resist after buffs, no one takes any damage right? No need for a magic tank, just a passive provoker? I know that Cid's mirage on turn 1 prevents any physical damage there.

Yes, 170% on everyone after buffs and your provoker needs 100% evasion, since he has a lot of auto-attacks thrown in as well.

• Options
    I'm currently under 5k and have to do Alexander still. I'm sure that won't stay that way as people finish clearing and improve their scores.

DV is still a chore, though.

• Options
    marajimaraji Registered User regular
    So @Cruor, how is Elly working for you? Worth using an omniprism?

• Options
    edited July 2020
    maraji wrote: »
    So @Cruor, how is Elly working for you? Worth using an omniprism?

She has definitely upped my magic stage game, that is for sure. The best I could do before having her is use off-element finishers like Lulu and Orders Sakura. Now I can actually use on-element finishing with real killers! I do, however, wish I had more great killer materia, a lot of which are STMRs. Also, thanks to the recent omniprism bundle, I'm back to my comfort zone of having two omniprisms in the bank.

Elly's STMR also got some work this DV for resists (and the 11 rainbow pull made sure that the STMR was given back to me). I have no regrets going all in with Elly. Also super glad I got NEHope's STMR, that 100% Light resist is so nice.

Edit: If you are patient and can make sure to have multiple stacks of mirage, Quistis is a great option for physical-as-magic damage finishing with her cooldown. However, getting to turn 6 is a chore and may, in some stages, cause loss of points due to damage taken.

Cruor on
  • Options
    Enhanced Elly is pretty awesome. Simple to use and setup for a turn 2 kill. The only thing to be aware of is that her LB animation is super long. I count 5-6 seconds before I start my chainers. She may be worth an omniprism if DV is important to you. Otherwise, I would wait for CG Ace since he'll be much stronger and have more support options.

• Options
    FFT0, if we're going by JP's schedule, should be our next MK, so probably this month. I'm likely not going to pull hard for Ace/Rem (Unit Design units wheeeeeeen gumi?) but I'll throw tickets and hope for luck. Can't go wrong having multiple good magic finishers.

• Options
    Cruor wrote: »

Yes, 170% on everyone after buffs and your provoker needs 100% evasion, since he has a lot of auto-attacks thrown in as well.

Update on this - Alexander will use a 90% imperil on 80/60/40% thresholds, so if you take a slow and steady approach instead of a burst approach, you'll want 190% light resist after buffs.

• Options
    edited July 2020

Final Reminder: Use those Collab Event UoC tickets before maintenance!!

Tiphares on
  • Options
    I have WH Raegen set up for the Veritas trial tomorrow, he's in Favorites. He should obliterate anything he touches.