As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Hearthstone] THIS THREAD IS DEAD. POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• bwaniebwanie Posting into the void Registered User regular
    edited June 2020
    Mine had a rare, a Negrand slam and a legendary, ysiel windsinger.

I do not remember that card at all lol.

Edit: wait i do, i thought it might end up in wild otk decks...

bwanie on
    Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • fortyforty Registered User regular
    Highlander Hunters continue their unstoppable highrolling reign over whatever I happen to be playing when I get fed to them by the ladder.

• zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    edited June 2020
    Alphagaia wrote: »
    I lost my first Shaman versus Priest matchup today. That should never happen and now it did. I need some time.
    Were you the shaman or the priest?

Quest shaman is so good against priest and literally nothing else.

zepherin on
  • DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    Hearthstone_2020-06-23-12-30-07.png?width=1083&height=609

Spell Druid is such a fun deck. I made it to D2 without even fucking trying, I was just playing games and having fun with the deck.

Aaaaand then of course I stonewalled today because I kept running into shit like Bomb Warrior or just popping Fungal on Turn 2 and having it discard my Ysera vs a Priest who plays Mindgames into Exotic Mountseller (which, by the way, was not a card he discovered, it was a card he put into his deck.......)

OH WELL

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
    Anyone who has no interest in the Felfire Challenges, it looks like you can instant concede and get credit for the "play 4 challenges" legendary quest.

• GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    3clipse wrote: »

I suppose this is somewhat par for the course for modern Blizzard, but fucking ugh

Well now I’m sorry I gave them money again. ActiBlizz just fucking sucks now.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    Dibby wrote: »
    a Priest who plays Mindgames into Exotic Mountseller (which, by the way, was not a card he discovered, it was a card he put into his deck.......)

ah, you mean a hero.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
    edited June 2020
    a Priest who plays Mindgames into Exotic Mountseller (which, by the way, was not a card he discovered, it was a card he put into his deck.......)

ah, you mean a hero.

Either they were on some NEXT LEVEL SHIT and teched this in as a counter to Spell Druid

Orrrrrrr they're the biggest Johnny I've ever seen in my life,

But either way? I respect their hustle.

The sheer chutzpah required to be running Mindgames at Diamond 2.

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
  • envoy1envoy1 the old continentRegistered User regular
    In what has proven an astonishing month for me I somehow fluked myself to legend in wild too. Although... as you can see from the screenshot there aren't that many wild legend players in EU... still, I would never have believed this time last year that I could achieve something like legend in both standard and wild in the same month.

I found that odd paladin is a pretty good counter to odd demon hunter which is now the most popular wild deck. Ironically, the slice nerf, which made the deck more popular, makes it harder for DH to deal with wide boards.

tuan1ixfmgsx.jpg

• ImthebOHGODBEESImthebOHGODBEES Registered User regular
    edited June 2020
    I mean this in every way:
    Nice
    m35liukyotbc.png

ImthebOHGODBEES on
    Do you, in fact, have any builds in this shop at all?
  • UrQuanLord88UrQuanLord88 Registered User regular
    edited June 2020
    the secret tempo rogue deck i'm playing feels like mysterious challenger all over again
    unfair, for my opponent

UrQuanLord88 on
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/urquanlord88
    urquanlord88.png
    Streaming 8PST on weeknights
  • sanstodosanstodo Registered User regular
    edited June 2020
    3clipse wrote: »

I suppose this is somewhat par for the course for modern Blizzard, but fucking ugh

Well now I’m sorry I gave them money again. ActiBlizz just fucking sucks now.

That’s some BS.

Edit: realized it needed clarity. Savj shouldn’t be punished. Heck his wife shouldn’t be either for speaking the truth.

sanstodo on
    Brawl this week is of the Burndown variety where you get a random deck, and you keep playing with that one if you win, or you play with your opponent's deck if you lose, except this time around the decks include treasures and overpowered Adventure style hero powers. So the power differential of decks is insane.

My first game I got some shitty slow, big demons Warlock deck with Skull of Guldan and a junk hero power and got run over by a Rogue deck whose hero power was 0 mana get a Lackey. (That was the Rogue deck's first win).

My second game, I got blown out by a ridiculous Druid deck with a 1 mana hero power (Deal 3 damage or heal 3 damage), with the treasure that reduces your hero power cost by 1 and lets you use it twice in one turn. So every turn the Druid could do 6 damage to my face or minions for free. On turn 5, they dropped Coldarra Drake and OTK'd the rest of my health. That deck had like 60-something wins.

Finally I get to play an OP deck, but I got put against another OP deck. A Hunter with a 1 mana Hero Power (give all your minions +1/1, wherever they are). The Hunter's treasure was the one where spells cost health instead of mana. I hard mulliganed for the Coldarra Drake but never saw it. The minion pressure they put out was crazy and they probably should have won (they played a Call of the Wild that probably would have been an instant win if played turn 1), but I managed to get exact lethal with hero power face damage the turn before I was dead, so I got my pack and got out of that ridiculous deck hellscape. Their deck had about twice as many wins as mine.

forty wrote: »
    Brawl this week is of the Burndown variety where you get a random deck, and you keep playing with that one if you win, or you play with your opponent's deck if you lose, except this time around the decks include treasures and overpowered Adventure style hero powers. So the power differential of decks is insane.

My first game I got some shitty slow, big demons Warlock deck with Skull of Guldan and a junk hero power and got run over by a Rogue deck whose hero power was 0 mana get a Lackey. (That was the Rogue deck's first win).

My second game, I got blown out by a ridiculous Druid deck with a 1 mana hero power (Deal 3 damage or heal 3 damage), with the treasure that reduces your hero power cost by 1 and lets you use it twice in one turn. So every turn the Druid could do 6 damage to my face or minions for free. On turn 5, they dropped Coldarra Drake and OTK'd the rest of my health. That deck had like 60-something wins.

Finally I get to play an OP deck, but I got put against another OP deck. A Hunter with a 1 mana Hero Power (give all your minions +1/1, wherever they are). The Hunter's treasure was the one where spells cost health instead of mana. I hard mulliganed for the Coldarra Drake but never saw it. The minion pressure they put out was crazy and they probably should have won (they played a Call of the Wild that probably would have been an instant win if played turn 1), but I managed to get exact lethal with hero power face damage the turn before I was dead, so I got my pack and got out of that ridiculous deck hellscape. Their deck had about twice as many wins as mine.

This Brawl has been absolutely fucking nutty and crazy

I thought the Druid deck with 0 mana deal 3 damage usable twice was the nuts until I ran into the Hunter deck with 0 mana +1/+1 to all minions usable twice and they fucking domed me with a gigantic lifesteal rush minion. Then I saw the Hunter deck that had 1 mana +1/+1 to all minions spells cost health and he did double Call of the Wild on Turn 1 and I fucking exploded.

Then I saw the Mage deck with 2 mana summon a 2/3 that duplicates your spells & spells cost health and on turn 2 they fucking did Molten Reflection Pyroblast my face

THIS SHIT IS CRAZYYYYYYYYYYY

DNiDlnb.png
  • Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    I went 5-0 with a kind of degenerate control warrior list (double health, 4 armor/turn), but I assume more aggressive/value lists have proliferated by now

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
    I do like this brawl. But the brawl deck I have generally only loses to the same. It is the all minion +1+1 combined with use your hero power twice but at one cheaper so every turn every minion gets a free +2+2 and the deck is full of rush and charge minions.

Yeah, I imagine the Brawl has mostly degenerated to +1/+1 Hunter and turn 1 kill mage.

Yeah, I imagine the Brawl has mostly degenerated to +1/+1 Hunter and turn 1 kill mage.

Turn 5 16/12 Leroy pretty much ends the game.

edited June 2020
    Ebi0njZXkAIc7VB.jpg

full board of golden minions with a golden goldgrubber

it's beautiful

(you bet your sweet ass i won that game lmaoooo)

although i did have to pitch one of my beautiful golden murlocs because i REALLY needed a buff slot and i was not gonna pitch that beautiful golden goldgrubber

and no, i never found a brann. not until it was too late and didn't matter anymore.

edit: lmao posted this on reddit and the goddamn 2k MMR warriors come out of the woodwork all like "you're gonna have to sell it" and "no poisonous"

sell it. yes. let me just sell this minion which will INSTANTLY grow to a 44/44 at the end of the turn and scales exponentially with my board at a rate that FAR OUTPACES ANYTHING ELSE I CAN POSSIBLY PLAY. that has infinitely more value than maybe trying to roll poisonous or whatever the fuck on my murlocs. i ended the game with it being a 96/96 or some ridiculous shit like that.

fun fact: when you're running murlocs and you've spent turn after turn looking for brann and you don't get him, you abandon that line of play and simply go with what you've got instead.

fun fact #2: you do not need poisonous on your murlocs if they are already big enough to kill everything. divine shield > poisonous almost always.

kripp has stated this many times over. murlocs is his favorite comp, he plays the shit out of murlocs, and chat always screams at him when he passes up poisonous. and he gives the same response every time. it's unnecessary and literally doesn't do anything at that point in the game. i bought three megasaurs that game! didn't find poisonous! i didn't need it. i won the game without it. top four only had one other murloc player and their board was much weaker than mine and they lacked scaling and hadn't gotten any megasaurs. i held the megasaur, that turn. i didn't play it out, because i didn't want to put it back into the pool for the other murloc player. and was it the right call to make? of course it was. playing megasaur out right there would've significantly weakened my board. getting rid of a ~20/20 for a gamble? that doesn't seem right.

and surprise, i was right anyway. literally i had been up against the other two players in top 3 and i knew their boards and i know i didn't need poisonous to win.

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
  • YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    VS #167 is up

Twin Slice changes were overall a wash, weaker snowball potential but higher impact.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    edited June 2020
    Demon Hunter still #1

Druid and Hunter much better

Priest and Warrior slightly worse

Stealth Gala Rogue surprisingly good

Beasteh on
  • 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    I wonder how many extraneous cards they'll nerf before they just change Altruis's effect to be less stupid.

• emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Idea for future expansion gimmick: curses.

You curse your opponent so they can only play odd-cost cards next turn.
    You put a hex on your opponent so they only do half damage next turn.
    You jinx your opponent so they don't draw a card at the start of their turn.

emnmnme wrote: »
    Idea for future expansion gimmick: curses.

You curse your opponent so they can only play odd-cost cards next turn.
    You put a hex on your opponent so they only do half damage next turn.
    You jinx your opponent so they don't draw a card at the start of their turn.

You curse your opponent so they have to play out a playable card that turn or else it gets discarded!!!

....Wait.

DNiDlnb.png
    edited June 2020
    Beasteh wrote: »
    Demon Hunter still #1
    Except against my lucksack opponents. Tonight's attempt to push for dad legend with DH was a miserable experience in treading water (and having to requeue like crazy since the servers have been fucked). Matchups that should be favorable are met with nut draw opponents. Quest Warlock with perfect board clear on 3, heals for ~30. Highlander Mage curves like crazy with Watcher on 2, Zephrys on 4, Reno clear. Then of course the obligatory Warrior opponent. A Rogue who turn 3 12/12 Edwins for a free win.

Fucking seriously, if you want to see your deck pull out all the stops, just queue up at the same time as me.

forty on
    Beasteh wrote: »
    Demon Hunter still #1
    Except against my lucksack opponents. Tonight's attempt to push for dad legend with DH was a miserable experience in treading water (and having to requeue like crazy since the servers have been fucked). Matchups that should be favorable are met with nut draw opponents. Quest Warlock with perfect board clear on 3, heals for ~30. Highlander Mage curves like crazy with Watcher on 2, Zephrys on 4, Reno clear. Then of course the obligatory Warrior opponent. A Rogue who turn 3 12/12 Edwins for a free win.

Fucking seriously, if you want to see your deck pull out all the stops, just queue up at the same time as me.
    I keep playing against priests. I fucken hate priest games. When I switch to my anti priest deck, it’s all face hunters.

• Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    edited June 2020
    I have a friend quest if anyone wants to help out this afternoon. Idx86#1456

Edit: Claimed - thank you!

Idx86 on
    sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular
    edited June 2020
    One of these things is not like the others. . .

0fcf489rr3vb.jpeg

Money machine went Brrrrrrrrrrr. I actually had two more Hoggers out at one point, so Pirates made me money, and I literally didn’t have enough time to do everything. Entering the top 2, I was at 34 health. As you might guess from my board, my final boss was Divine Shield, Windfury, Poisonous Murlocs. With a ton of health. Golden Brann was the weak link on the other side. It took twenty refreshes of the tavern to finally find a Ghoul. I won with three health. A regular Ghoul was the MVP of this board, which probably says something about Murlocs right there.

Shadowhope on
    Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
    Eudora is a good hero but not when you only discover T1 minions and then manage to die on a 2% chance. But I still feel worse for Kripp who managed to die in a 200k tournament in a 1/30,000.

• The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    edited June 2020
    The most striking thing about the tribe rotation is how much better the game is when Murlocs are the missing one.

The Escape Goat on
    9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
    The most striking thing about the tribe rotation is how much better the game is when Murlocs are the missing one.

strange way to spell beasts there friend

DNiDlnb.png
  • ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular

strange way to spell beasts there friend

Mechs and Demons are the only fair tribes.

Probably?

I honestly don't know, because they get played so rarely in the games that I'm in.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
    RIP Cobalt.
    sanstodo wrote: »
    But I still feel worse for Kripp who managed to die in a 200k tournament in a 1/30,000.
    What's this now?

edited June 2020
    RIP Cobalt.
    But I still feel worse for Kripp who managed to die in a 200k tournament in a 1/30,000.
    What's this now?

He lost like a 2% then something insanely slim to die. I didn’t run the numbers, but he said it was like 1/30,000 and he’s generally good with that stuff. It’s on YouTube lol

sanstodo on
    I rarely watch Kripp videos, but I think what entertains me the most is the massive cult of gimmick Youtube accounts built up around commenting on specific aspects of his videos.

RIP Cobalt.
    What's this now?

He lost like a 2% then something insanely slim to die. I didn’t run the numbers, but he said it was like 1/30,000 and he’s generally good with that stuff. It’s on YouTube lol

All the amount of prep work and time and effort Kripp put into the tournament only to get the MOST Never Lucky moment possible and lose to RNG.

That's beyond fucked. I feel for him, man. That sucks.

DNiDlnb.png
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    when you play the game of hearthstone, you rng or you die

liEt3nH.png
  • Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    yeah he got hit with an extremely unlikely lethal (at least according to the BG companion monte carlo sim)

but I mean, that's BGs for ya

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
    Hearthstone_2020-06-29-11-39-10.png?width=1083&height=609

Made it to D1 today with Spell Druid! Again, not actively trying for Legend or anything, literally just playing games. ...And winning, I suppose.

D-d-d-decklist!

is32f8v.png
    AAECAZICAv0C9q0DDv4B0wP3A+YFxAaaCLmUA+KfA9ulA+W6A+i6A+y6A+66A++6AwA=

So first off, I tried running the version with Breath+Emerald Explorers originally, which is the version that everyone seems to be running. Straight up? It's trash. It's actually just bad. Breath doesn't belong in the deck, full stop. With only 3 Dragons you are not going to be able to reliably get it off. It only exists to play on Turn 2 so you can play Overgrowth on Turn 3. Emerald Explorers also have been.... lackluster, in general. Dragon variance is pretty huge and like, yeah, sure, sometimes you highroll and get an extra Ysera Unleashed or even just Ysera or something great, but. A lot of the time you don't. And a lot of the time it just doesn't feel like it does much. Moreover, Breath -> Overgrowth is a mulligan that requires having three specific cards. That's just.... that's just highroll luck at that point. It's inconsistent.

So I pitched both of those for Claw and Wrath because without those you don't have any early removal and you autolose to the more aggressive decks. Claw/Wrath let you actually deal with a DH's early game, for example. They buy you enough breathing room til you can slam Glowfly, which honestly I just use as removal for the most part. And that lets you stabilize until you get your swing turn with Mountseller. And like, vs slower decks anyway? You can abso-fucking-lutely afford to pass turn do nothing for the first 3 turns into Overgrowth. So it's like, what would you rather have, SOMETIMES rarely getting that highroll luck but otherwise having a dead card in hand? Or strengthening your early game vs problematic matchups? Seems like a no brainer to me.

Anyway, deck's fuckin' sick and honestly is extremely effective in this meta right now. Bonus of... not really costing that much dust, honestly!

Just don't discard your only 3 minions with Fungal vs a Priest and you're golden. Or, yknow, Ysera at the very least. Fucking Ysera always gets discarded when I need her the most, goddammit.

DNiDlnb.png
    I'm the Kripparrian of Standard this month.