As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[FFRK] Battle on the Big Bridge # 424 (the one where Enkidu is a dog)

• JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Does anyone have a "powercreep made this irrelevant" guide to fury's roar?

• EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Dammit!

• lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    Did you get Valefor?

An aside here, I think it was either Belias or Madeen that taught me to get all the kills I want after a first clear because once I lose the timing/cast order, everything goes to hell. For instance, despite having better tech, I can't reclear the T0 Torment.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
    ?

I didnโ€™t get Valefor. And my runs are deteriorating in quality, if anything.

Fuck it, if I draw it'll be banner 5
    Ff6: dupe Edgar USB
    Ff7: ....halo?!

Tifa sync.

DEFINITELY not doing the random sync draw now.

Hell of a last LotRoP draw. If I wanted to burn a ton of lenses, I could have a complete Tifa minus her G+ and wcast LMR.
    I have 5 syncs now. 3 of them are Earth

• FryFry Registered User regular
    Wow, these Unleash Soul Battles are something. I had Cloud dealing just a smidge under one million damage per turn, the rest of my party combined chipping in for about another million per turn, and it took several turns of that kind of beating to put down. What a HP sponge

Do yourselves a favor and watch waverider moogle in today's event.

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    1/11 Terra Limit Break thingie. Okay. Maybe that will help with Shiva somehow. Doesn't feel as good as a Sync I'll say.

38thDoE on steam
    ๐Ÿฆ€๐Ÿฆ‘๐Ÿฆ€๐Ÿฆ‘๐Ÿฆ€๐Ÿฆ‘๐Ÿฆ€๐Ÿฆ‘๐Ÿฆ€๐Ÿฆ‘๐Ÿฆ€๐Ÿฆ‘๐Ÿฆ€

edited June 2020
    *unintelligble screaming*

So this time, a Valefor attempt failed at the start of phase 3 (which takes a good 10 minutes to get to on a good run), because I had the clever idea to set my speed to 5 while Valefor was doing all those phase 3 buffs. At which point I discover that itโ€™s possible to take an action between Ice Diffusion and Exalted Spirits (buffs, plus Proshellga and Haste). Because of this, Elarra uses Dispel a split second before Valefor got buffed, and it did nothing, leaving her with an entire interminable turn to wait while Valefor ran roughshod over my team. And then another to heal. As you may have guessed, this run did not end in victory.

Just, fuckinโ€™ god dammit.

Enlong on
  • 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    I hear you. That is how I felt for months on ifrit. Youโ€™ll get it eventually but maybe take a break for a bit.

38thDoE on steam

edited June 2020
    I think I will. Thanks.

Just had to make sure to write down the strategy I'd been using, so I don't forget the method when I return.

Enlong on
    edited June 2020
    Heh. Ticket got me a flute weapon, so I immediately realized it was for Deuce. But I thought "Well, it's not the Argentic Flute I got before; that one has vines on it, so I'm pretty sure it's a different Deuce USB." It happened to be a new Deuce USB, but it actually was the Argentic Flute. The thing I had got before was the Anima Flute. Not a very interesting anecdote, but I thought it was a little amusing at the time.

Anyway, decent get for free. Healing, Raise, and Bubble. Her other USB is Healing, RES and Last Stand, so this is good for after I've applied Last Stand, and before it pops.

Enlong on
  • MaytagMaytag Registered User regular
    Just some more dupe AOSB's here, at least AOSB dupes might someday be useful.

3DS: 1392 - 5070 - 7853
    Lesse... Oh.

Arc USB something that goes with his new AASB (chase on Summon). I.. Could actually field a cool water magic team for Ifrit.
    Ceodore AOSB. Huh, first relic on the guy cool.
    Ramza AASB... WTF. That's pretty good on my chain holder!

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
    Cid7 "significant spear" LMR, dupe master AOSB

Just realized that Rosa's USB2 (the Elarra USB1 clone) is available in the lens shop. Which has me considering what teams she would be better for than Elarra, since she can use Wrath. I figure it would have to be a team where the loss of Bard or Dance doesn't hurt.

38thDoE on steam

• ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    Garnet USB dupe

Yup.

ztrEPtD.gif
    Turns out I hadn't done any of the FF4TAY realm dungeons from the last update. Whoops.

Well, that's 8 additional mythril.

Oops, I need to do this week's torment stuff all today.

Gonna just run over Wrexsoul a buncha times with my VI team.

So for all of you trying to figure out how awesome Terra Limit Break the incredible 7 star item is:
    One gauge bar hit omega fire weak for 3445 x 4! no imperil, level 1 rage.

I'm less than impressed.

38thDoE on steam

So for all of you trying to figure out how awesome Terra Limit Break the incredible 7 star item is:

I'm less than impressed.

IIRC, it's the not using your SB resources that makes it appealing. But you're right that with those numbers I was not interested in going out of my way for Vivi's. Now gimme Limit Glints. That shit sounds sick.

Yeah, they're terrible and literally nobody likes/defends them.

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/114492-final-fantasy-record-keeper/78587048

ztrEPtD.gif
    Isn't the limit break thing something which gets stronger the more you've done in a battle or something?

Well, that seems consistent with firing it as soon as the first bar fills, if it's anything like using a level 1 limit break in FFXIV.

I would see what it does at 3 bars.

I'm less than impressed.

It does eight times as much damage at a full three bars. Also, honing is apparently super important for LBOs: if you have it at hone 5, that's another 2.5x multiplier. Putting those two factors together, it could have done twenty times as much damage as in your test (so, 68k x 4). Not bad for not spending your SB meter.

Not recommending drawing for dupes, though, and I'm wary of spending a mountain of lenses for honing scrolls, when those could go towards getting a second cast of an AASB.

edited June 2020
    In any case, you may not need to hone it for it to get as high as that; later on in the fight, factors like imperil, bard buffs, stacking Enfire, and the like, will have a strong impact. These definitely sound like a finisher, alike with Arcane Overstrikes.

Enlong on
    I'm continuing testing by which I mean I can't kill Omega:fire weak I have no chance at shiva *sob*

38thDoE on steam

I'm continuing testing by which I mean I can't kill Omega:fire weak I have no chance at shiva *sob*

Do you have Terra's fire awakening? I was able to kill off phase 2 ice walls before Shiva got a heal off, mostly on the back of Terra USB1+AASB, which is one of the major hurdles of that fight.

3 bars of limit break and one stack of imperil did hit 400k against rage 2 so that's good. I'm not sure if it pierces rage damage reduction, it just says pierces def and res.
    Fry wrote: ยป

Do you have Terra's fire awakening? I was able to kill off phase 2 ice walls before Shiva got a heal off, mostly on the back of Terra USB1+AASB, which is one of the major hurdles of that fight.

I do! But I only have Krile's fire chain or lockes.

38thDoE on steam

• silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    I am officially the dumbest human being.

I got Shiva to 1%! In the mean time she did big aoe-> eat a glacier -> big aoe, and I hit wrath on tyro instead of entrusting Elarra, not knowing she was short on meter and couldn't top everyone off. So 2nd big aoe wipes the team, and I hit reset. But wait, why is Locke standing up... OMG his Trance had healed him after the first AoE, and he had his Sync going and could've taken that last 1% off.

I am kicking myself so hard right now. I am just the worst.

1% is great, that means you have this fight!

38thDoE on steam

• silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    3 bars of limit break and one stack of imperil did hit 400k against rage 2 so that's good. I'm not sure if it pierces rage damage reduction, it just says pierces def and res.

So my almost Shiva kill has RW Chain and 3 dps, Tyro and Elarra. It's not a kill yet, but it's something to consider if your Chain holder isn't pulling their weight.

Does anyone have a unique that imperils fire?

38thDoE on steam

Does anyone have a unique that imperils fire?

Nope. Imperils an enElements weren't really around until pretty late into the SSB era. There are a few uniques that snuck in, but they're rare.

ztrEPtD.gif
    edited June 2020

Definitely Krile chain for a mage team; you can pick up her imperil burst and enfire glint if you don't have them yet, I think. And hopefully you've got another strong Fire mage to go with Terra. I'd say Elarra with Mage's Hymn and ACM, plus a support character with a MAG-buffing soul break, will make up for not having a MAG-buffing Chain; Onion Knight and Dr Mog are options that first come to mind. That, or pair Elarra with Tyro, and take Fabula Raider for a buff.

or, give some extra meter to Krile, and have her use Sheepsong along with her Chain. If you can manage that one, you'll be able to take Fabula Mage.

The other team option that I forgot about would be to use 3 full DPS instead of a chain holder, and take Fabula Sorcerer for a chain.

Enlong on
  • ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    Ticket only had one disco, but Celes AASB is new so that's nice. I haven't had her in rotation for a while now, maybe she can get some usage again.

edited June 2020
    Man. Doing Wrexsoul has me remembering that I have a bunch of fun stuff for Mog, and yet I almost never use him. I blame my reliance on Entrust for Elarra; having a support without Support 5 keeps being difficult to justify, even when he can chase dances with a Medica or more debuffs. Next time I rebuild a mage team for a 5-star Magicite, I should at least see what I can do with a Mog/Elarra team; she can build extra meter using summons.

edit:

Wait, what if I were to start using RW Chain in Magicite, and use Mog or Gogo in place of the chain holder? That could work...

Enlong on