As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Your [job] is to hand me that report from a safe distance

• Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    I slept through my last shift. Haha, woops.

• CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    edited June 2020
    Zonugal

Extra credit idea for your next class
    Correctly identify everyone in this video.

https://youtu.be/xOFG_qmoH8I

This made me want to see how many I could get
    I think the brunette in the blue dress is Claudette Colbert
    The guy sitting at her table looks familiar but I can't quite place him
    no idea on who the lady behind them is

Cary Grant is the first character with lines, and he drops a lot of titles of movies he was in - My Favorite Wife, The Awful Truth, The Front Page - though the play The Front Page was renamed to His Girl Friday when Grant starred in it. I wonder if this short was made before they had officially changed the title or what. Not a half bad impression of 'ol Archie Leach.

I believe the cigarette girl is Greta Garbo. Kind of a mean portrayal of her!

Edward G. Robinson is the guy with the squint and the cigar. I don't recognize "Anne" who he's speaking with. But now that I've written her name like that I think it has to be Anne Shirley (whom her studio named that because her first major role was of Anne Shirley in Anne of Green Gables). Another kind of unflattering portrayal of a female star! They seem to be much nicer to the men so far. I wonder what the hell he means by "umph" girl.

I think the guy holding up the glass might be Chico Marx, but I'm not sure. No idea who the big guy next to him is.

I knew who Bette Davis was, but had to look up Kate Smith to realize they were making a fat joke. Gross.

Blondie, Dagwood, Baby Dumpling and Daisy would be the radio characters, not the newspaper comic characters we know of today.

I didn't know the name Weissmuller, but obvs that is Tarzan

I don't know who Miss Rand is, either. But judging by the fact that we don't see her, and only see what might be feathers put in the cloak room, could this be that famous dancer who danced behind bubbles and feathers in a risque sort of show? Gonna google that one. Ha, yep! Sally Rand, with her feather fan dance and her bubble dance. I wonder what the bubbles were made of back then?

Next three are pretty easy, James Cagney, Humphrey Bogart, and George Raft.

Next is Greta Garbo again with Harpo Marx lighting up her shoes.

The guy with his eyes on the girl in the red dress is Clark Gable, but I figure everyone knows him from the famous end of Gone With the Wind.

Bing Crosby introduces the famous conductor Leopold Stokowski

Jimmy Stewart is very easy to recognize, pretty good impression of him. The lady trying to get him to dance is Dorothy Lamour. Mr. Smith Goes to Washington is a film he was in at the time, and the sarong Lamour is wearing is a nod to how often she'd get cast in films where she'd end up in a sarong. It was her 'thing' I guess.

Clark Gable walks by again

The dancing couple is pretty cute, it's Tyrone Power and Sonja Henie, olympic ice skater turned actress.

Frankenstein is here but he doesn't look particularly like Boris Karloff.

Three Stooges next, everyone knows them.

Next fellow is Oliver Hardy of Laurel and Hardy.

Not a flipping clue who the badly dancing couple is.

Sitting at the table is Mickey Rooney and Judy Garland. "Andy" is a reference to "Andy Hardy" a character Rooney played in a series of films with Garland co-starring. I assume the guy at the other table plays the father in those films, but I don't know that actor.

Gable walks by again.

Bing Crosby is back, this time introducing Sally "Strand" doing the bubble dance. I don't know what the horse and jockey gag is about.

The guy in the graduation cap is band leader Kay Kyser.

I don't recognize most of the whistling group, but the guy on the far left is definitely William Powell and the guy right next to him on the same row is Spencer Tracy.

Peter Lorre is the guy sitting at the table alone making the bubble remark.

Next fellow is Henry Fonda, but the yelling voice tells you that.

I guess the Chief "G" man would have to be J. Edgar Hoover.

Next is a whole ass row of character actors, let me see how many I can get
    The first guy has got to be Hoagy Carmichael, composer of many songs jazz vocalists still sing today as well as being an actor. The guy in the bowler hat seems really familiar and I'm sure I"ve seen films with him in them, but I sure don't know his name.
    The guy in the straw hat is again very, very familiar but I just can't place a name to him.
    Mischa Auer is the next guy, he was great fun as a character actor. Born in Russia.
    The guy asking them if they're having a good time is also someone I've seen in film but don't know his name.

Guy with the binoculars is radio star Jerry Colonna. "Yehudi" is a reference to a gag Colonna did where he would ask "Who's Yehudi?" just because he was amused by the sound of that name. I couldn't figure out why "Yehudi" was invisible, but apparently (per wiki) the phrase became slang for a "mysteriously absent person." So there ya go.

Harpo Marx again, breaking the bubble.

And the blonde is revealed to be Groucho Marx.

Cambiata on
    "If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • CalicaCalica Registered User regular
    Tox wrote: »
    Also if you're wondering how we got the modern system of tuning and specifically how we all agreed on what pitch has which frequency, you can thank...

The Treaty of Versailles!

...sort of. Basically one of the provisions of the treaty established the A above middle C as 435Hz at 15°C. You'll note that's not what it is now, because the British decided to be all British about it.

See, they'd tune their lead oboe to A=435Hz @ 15°C, then go into the concert hall, which would usually be closer to 18°C, and tune all the other instruments off the oboe. This resulted in every one being equally but sliiiightly sharp (5Hz is damn hard to hear), and over time everyone just went with it and it was just standardized to A=440Hz instead.

There's lots of "alternative tunings" you can read about and listen to on Youtube but for me the only one worth mentioning tunes middle C to 256Hz and that's just because it puts all the Cs at powers of 2, and C has sort of become the default start of the scale/system (I'd also be fine with making A=256Hz and just redoing everything from there).

More specifically set A=16Hz as the official lowest limit of human hearing and just build up from there.

...wait, so how come A is currently 440 Hz in the US, but 442 Hz in the UK? (My college wind ensemble played in Scotland and Great Britain in 2005. 2 Hz makes no perceptible difference, but hoo boy do you feel it when you're trying to play in tune with a piano at the upper edge of your range.)

• ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    @Zonugal

What class would I show this in?

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2020
    According to wiki, no good reason
    Despite such confusion, A = 440 Hz is the only official standard and is widely used around the world. Many orchestras in the United Kingdom adhere to this standard as concert pitch.[18] In the United States some orchestras use A = 440 Hz, while others, such as the New York Philharmonic, use A = 442 Hz.[19] The latter is also often used as a tuning frequency in Europe,[3] especially in Denmark, France, Hungary, Italy, Norway and Switzerland.[18] Nearly all modern symphony orchestras in Germany and Austria and many in other countries in continental Europe (such as Russia and Spain) tune to A = 443 Hz.[18]

I used to sing with a bunch of early music ensembles which used baroque or even pre baroque tuning, so that’s always fun. I’m now getting flashbacks to desperately ignoring EDO debates between musicologists.

tynic on
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Cambiata wrote: »
    Zonugal

This made me want to see how many I could get
    I think the brunette in the blue dress is Claudette Colbert
    The guy sitting at her table looks familiar but I can't quite place him
    no idea on who the lady behind them is

Cary Grant is the first character with lines, and he drops a lot of titles of movies he was in - My Favorite Wife, The Awful Truth, The Front Page - though the play The Front Page was renamed to His Girl Friday when Grant starred in it. I wonder if this short was made before they had officially changed the title or what. Not a half bad impression of 'ol Archie Leach.

I believe the cigarette girl is Greta Garbo. Kind of a mean portrayal of her!

Edward G. Robinson is the guy with the squint and the cigar. I don't recognize "Anne" who he's speaking with. But now that I've written her name like that I think it has to be Anne Shirley (whom her studio named that because her first major role was of Anne Shirley in Anne of Green Gables). Another kind of unflattering portrayal of a female star! They seem to be much nicer to the men so far. I wonder what the hell he means by "umph" girl.

I think the guy holding up the glass might be Chico Marx, but I'm not sure. No idea who the big guy next to him is.

I knew who Bette Davis was, but had to look up Kate Smith to realize they were making a fat joke. Gross.

Blondie, Dagwood, Baby Dumpling and Daisy would be the radio characters, not the newspaper comic characters we know of today.

I didn't know the name Weissmuller, but obvs that is Tarzan

I don't know who Miss Rand is, either. But judging by the fact that we don't see her, and only see what might be feathers put in the cloak room, could this be that famous dancer who danced behind bubbles and feathers in a risque sort of show? Gonna google that one. Ha, yep! Sally Rand, with her feather fan dance and her bubble dance. I wonder what the bubbles were made of back then?

Next three are pretty easy, James Cagney, Humphrey Bogart, and George Raft.

Next is Greta Garbo again with Harpo Marx lighting up her shoes.

The guy with his eyes on the girl in the red dress is Clark Gable, but I figure everyone knows him from the famous end of Gone With the Wind.

Bing Crosby introduces the famous conductor Leopold Stokowski

Jimmy Stewart is very easy to recognize, pretty good impression of him. The lady trying to get him to dance is Dorothy Lamour. Mr. Smith Goes to Washington is a film he was in at the time, and the sarong Lamour is wearing is a nod to how often she'd get cast in films where she'd end up in a sarong. It was her 'thing' I guess.

Clark Gable walks by again

The dancing couple is pretty cute, it's Tyrone Power and Sonja Henie, olympic ice skater turned actress.

Frankenstein is here but he doesn't look particularly like Boris Karloff.

Three Stooges next, everyone knows them.

Next fellow is Oliver Hardy of Laurel and Hardy.

Not a flipping clue who the badly dancing couple is.

Sitting at the table is Mickey Rooney and Judy Garland. "Andy" is a reference to "Andy Hardy" a character Rooney played in a series of films with Garland co-starring. I assume the guy at the other table plays the father in those films, but I don't know that actor.

Gable walks by again.

Bing Crosby is back, this time introducing Sally "Strand" doing the bubble dance. I don't know what the horse and jockey gag is about.

The guy in the graduation cap is band leader Kay Kyser.

I don't recognize most of the whistling group, but the guy on the far left is definitely William Powell and the guy right next to him on the same row is Spencer Tracy.

Peter Lorre is the guy sitting at the table alone making the bubble remark.

Next fellow is Henry Fonda, but the yelling voice tells you that.

I guess the Chief "G" man would have to be J. Edgar Hoover.

Next is a whole ass row of character actors, let me see how many I can get
    The first guy has got to be Hoagy Carmichael, composer of many songs jazz vocalists still sing today as well as being an actor. The guy in the bowler hat seems really familiar and I'm sure I"ve seen films with him in them, but I sure don't know his name.
    The guy in the straw hat is again very, very familiar but I just can't place a name to him.
    Mischa Auer is the next guy, he was great fun as a character actor. Born in Russia.
    The guy asking them if they're having a good time is also someone I've seen in film but don't know his name.

Guy with the binoculars is radio star Jerry Colonna. "Yehudi" is a reference to a gag Colonna did where he would ask "Who's Yehudi?" just because he was amused by the sound of that name. I couldn't figure out why "Yehudi" was invisible, but apparently (per wiki) the phrase became slang for a "mysteriously absent person." So there ya go.

Harpo Marx again, breaking the bubble.

And the blonde is revealed to be Groucho Marx.
    the ones you missed I know about
    Claudette Colbert, Don Ameche are at the first table Adolphe Menjou and Norma Shearer are seated at the table behind them
    I have no idea why I know the Anne is Ann Sheridan as she was known for making the oomph sound
    I know one of the people seated at the table is Leon Schlesinger one of the producers of Looney Toons! when it pans past them to the Bette Davis and on reserved tables
    Bing Crosby is the one of the four actors at the time who paid to have the Del Mar trackbuilt and was rumored to play the ponies in his off time
    Cesar Romero and Rita Hayworth were known for their dancing at the time {I find it funny most people know Cesar romero for the Adam West Era Joker}
    The coat check girl is Paulette Goddard I know of this because my mother would talk about how she did not go to school past high school but would give to NYU and other education grants to further education {she is one of the reasons I will make the joke about the Juliard school of business where I think people in WoW would make comments it needed to be a real class}
    Errol Flynn is one of wolf whistlers and I think Spencer Tracy the one with the mustache is C aubery smith one of the people on the original board of the Screen actors guild

I know Ned Sparks is the one asking if they had a good time and one of the people at the table is Boris Karloff the rest I have to look up

• RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Zonugal wrote: »
    @Zonugal

What class would I show this in?

History of course.

• DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited June 2020
    Joolander wrote: »
    I just remembered a funny anecdote from my work a few months back during the start of this COVID-19 thing

So my company decided it would be a great idea to “allow all of the hourly workers to use an extra 80 hours of PTO” from their personal PTO bank. As in, you could accrue a balance of PTO hours down to -80.000, at which point you’d have to use leave w/o pay if you needed any more time off. Functionally, this is equivalent to the company saying “hey if you want, you can take enough time off to OWE US two weeks worth of PTO”

Pretty much everyone was rightly pissed at this little “gesture”

Except for one guy. This is exactly the kind of short sighted guy to take it at shallower than face value and say “more time off right now? Sweet!”

Anyway, long story short, his exact balance at the end of period this was offered?
    -69.420 hours

well played, you absolute moron

Imagine if that was in Europe. That'd be almost seventy thousand hours!

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Basically at work it's slowly turning into a riot over the virus
    Two people got fired this week for refusing to do their work unless they were paid $15 a hour [two I know about} Another I think was fired yesterday for his lack of work {it really annoyed me how he would just show up and work as slow as he could because I was often paired with him in frozen} But there are rumors and such about people saying things like if you go to HR and talk to them you will get your points erased [which was one of the odd ones}
    There is far more but I can say it's turned from a toxic hell under idiot mangers to even worse place to work

• ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    Calica wrote: »
    Tox wrote: »
    Also if you're wondering how we got the modern system of tuning and specifically how we all agreed on what pitch has which frequency, you can thank...

The Treaty of Versailles!

...sort of. Basically one of the provisions of the treaty established the A above middle C as 435Hz at 15°C. You'll note that's not what it is now, because the British decided to be all British about it.

See, they'd tune their lead oboe to A=435Hz @ 15°C, then go into the concert hall, which would usually be closer to 18°C, and tune all the other instruments off the oboe. This resulted in every one being equally but sliiiightly sharp (5Hz is damn hard to hear), and over time everyone just went with it and it was just standardized to A=440Hz instead.

There's lots of "alternative tunings" you can read about and listen to on Youtube but for me the only one worth mentioning tunes middle C to 256Hz and that's just because it puts all the Cs at powers of 2, and C has sort of become the default start of the scale/system (I'd also be fine with making A=256Hz and just redoing everything from there).

More specifically set A=16Hz as the official lowest limit of human hearing and just build up from there.

...wait, so how come A is currently 440 Hz in the US, but 442 Hz in the UK? (My college wind ensemble played in Scotland and Great Britain in 2005. 2 Hz makes no perceptible difference, but hoo boy do you feel it when you're trying to play in tune with a piano at the upper edge of your range.)

Best guess? Because fuck you, that's why.
    tynic wrote: »
    According to wiki, no good reason
    Despite such confusion, A = 440 Hz is the only official standard and is widely used around the world. Many orchestras in the United Kingdom adhere to this standard as concert pitch.[18] In the United States some orchestras use A = 440 Hz, while others, such as the New York Philharmonic, use A = 442 Hz.[19] The latter is also often used as a tuning frequency in Europe,[3] especially in Denmark, France, Hungary, Italy, Norway and Switzerland.[18] Nearly all modern symphony orchestras in Germany and Austria and many in other countries in continental Europe (such as Russia and Spain) tune to A = 443 Hz.[18]

I used to sing with a bunch of early music ensembles which used baroque or even pre baroque tuning, so that’s always fun. I’m now getting flashbacks to desperately ignoring EDO debates between musicologists.

This is interesting. I know waaaay back in the day it was basically just this weird sort of one-upmanship amongst orchestras and the like. Vocalists uniformly hated it, because the higher the tuning, the harder it is to hit higher notes (because they're now even higher), so vocalists always seemed to push the opposite way.

Gonna go with my original guess up above, though. But I'm definitely dropping that for a Q&A on Adam Neely's next video.

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    He's done a few on tuning.

• SkeithSkeith Registered User regular

Well, what're they gonna do? Fire you?

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    edited June 2020
    aaaand that meeting yesterday culminated in us nailing 200,000 dollars from another federation

yes, philanthropy is absolutely a tax haven scam and no civil society org should ever have to beg billionaires or funds to be able to afford to operate

but until the revolution comes it's at least a way to make sure some money goes to some good causes

and 200k is, I think, a decent enough amount from a single source

Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
  • FlarneFlarne Registered User regular
    Client sends in a high priority support request about why their excel sheet thing isn't working. I reply within an hour, asking them to attach the excel sheet so I can troubleshoot.

26 hours later they reply "THIS IS A RUSH BECAUSE WE NEED TO FIX IT BY END OF JUNE" and attach the wrong excel sheet

I still fixed it but I kinda didn't want to

• Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Skeith wrote: »

Well, what're they gonna do? Fire you?

Well, I say it's my last shift because I'm going on leave for two months and will probably be moving house before I'm due to go back. But until I move I will be getting sick pay so I would actually like to stay employed until then.

• WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Wishing I'd taken another day off from work, having a bit of a difficult time this morning with the old noggin.

• LaOsLaOs SaskatoonRegistered User regular
    I just signed and submitted my acceptance of a conditional offer of employment with the provincial Health Authority. I think I'm kind of in shock... or something? I've been "seriously" searching for a job since the beginning of 2019 at least. I've been here over five years and it's been slowly "killing" me inside for more than the last two. Just being extremely under-utilised and oh-so-bored eventually got old. I'm so so glad to finally have an out.

I'll be giving my notice here tomorrow. It's surreal to finally be able to do this.

edited June 2020
    Apparently as of today, "a better world" will officially be one of our subdivision's OKR metrics.
    That's nice.

tynic on
  • schussschuss Registered User regular
    Apparently as of today, "a better world" will officially be one of our subdivision's OKR metrics.
    That's nice.

Errrr, what are the measures? OKRs are supposed to be highly quantifiable.

• TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    I would have gone with "A brave new world"

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
    edited June 2020
    schuss wrote: »
    That's nice.

Errrr, what are the measures? OKRs are supposed to be highly quantifiable.

ok I just looked it up and it's not an OKR, it's a strategic objective. That makes a LOT more sense.
    I rescind my snark. Well, some of it.

tynic on
  • 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    That's nice.

Really feels like the cards are stacked against you on this one in the current timeline. "Well, we failed to create a better world this quarter." "There are acid bees and mole people sank San Diego into a crater!"

3clipse wrote: »
    That's nice.

Really feels like the cards are stacked against you on this one in the current timeline. "Well, we failed to create a better world this quarter." "There are acid bees and mole people sank San Diego into a crater!"

I mean yeah, the trajectory is bad. But the bar is now so, so low.

• ThegreatcowThegreatcow Lord of All Bacons Washington State - It's Wet up here innit? Registered User regular
    3clipse wrote: »
    That's nice.

I mean yeah, the trajectory is bad. But the bar is now so, so low.

"Turns out the murder hornets running up here only want to murder some of the bees and only the real sassy ones so...baby steps..."

• Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    TheStig wrote: »
    I would have gone with "A brave new world"

We'll start all over again!

• V1mV1m Registered User regular
    edited June 2020
    That's nice.

So they won't have to pay any bonuses for about a century (optimistic prediction)?

V1m on
  • CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    edited June 2020
    I'm trying to study for the pre-interview skills test that I'm taking today but I can't stop raging at my dumbass sister who thinks the lockdown was a waste of time, because I guess all the numbers are faked or some DUMB SHIT.

Why is my family so bonkers? WHY?

e1tbn7w2sm25.png

Cambiata on
    "If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
    There’s a John Allison line which is something like, “it’s an empty journey to triumph if you don’t plant the seeds of catastrophe along the way”

I used it as the front quote for my dissertation and my mother got mad at me, but I am reminded of it every time I succeed at something and then go back and find the enormous list of technical landmines I inevitably installed which somehow didnt blow up with quite enough force to sabotage the mission.

I should put it on my gravestone, honestly.

• PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Don't put land mines on your gravestone. Unless they're, like, confetti land mines or something.

• JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Screw that. Those resurrection men will have to dance for their supper.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Jedoc wrote: »
    Screw that. Those resurrection men will have to dance for their supper.

What about all the robots that travel from across the globe to visit the grave of The Creator?

Today I did a quick run through of an SQL course I'd taken years ago in order to refresh my SQL skills. I felt like my head wanted to explode earlier today but I'm much better now and I'm glad I did it.

• GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    Got Monday off for a family holiday this weekend, no worries, we're not busy at the moment at work. Then a mate needed a hand on Thursday, and sprung it on me on late Tuesday. No matter, I ask for thursday off too. Boss asks to talk to me in the morning. "Hey why don't you get friday off too and have a 5 day weekend?" Good idea! Now I just need to figure out what I'm doing this friday.

• V1mV1m Registered User regular
    Gvzbgul wrote: »
    Got Monday off for a family holiday this weekend, no worries, we're not busy at the moment at work. Then a mate needed a hand on Thursday, and sprung it on me on late Tuesday. No matter, I ask for thursday off too. Boss asks to talk to me in the morning. "Hey why don't you get friday off too and have a 5 day weekend?" Good idea! Now I just need to figure out what I'm doing this friday.

How about nothing? Just get a few drinks in, set up a comfy chair inside or outside as appropriate and desired, and just listen to some music, maybe pretend to read a book, and do nothing much.

• Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    I really should have taken Thursday or Monday off, no one on my team has it so it would have been perfect. I really need to finish cleaning/setting up up bedroom with the foldup desk we bought to give us a second workspace. My wife is looking for work now which absolutely has me panicking (she's a teacher, so she's paid through the end of August) but I know that can change overnight and that her field, special ed, usually needs people. It's just nerve-wracking because I know we can't really survive on just my income.

At least I have Friday's Responsible Social Distance Ukulele Night #2 to look forward to, even if having it in a field instead of the local pizza place means no-one delivers gin and fish sandwiches to me.

• RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Every day I do this job, I learn of new things I want the police to show up for but that they do not.

• korodullinkorodullin What. SCRegistered User regular
    Masks are mandatory at work starting today, and they ran out of the good breathable masks yesterday on the other shifts, so we got stuck with the shitty thick kind that are too small and feel like they're smothering you.

The mask itself isn't so bad, but the mask plus safety glasses plus beard net plus lots of sinus problems means that if I wear the mask properly over my nose, not only can I not breathe, but I also can't see because my glasses keep fogging up no matter where on my nose I sit them.

This sucks.

ZvOMJnu.png
    - The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (2017, colorized)
  • BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Just found out I get Friday off as a paid holiday.

I forgot what that was like.

• MulysaSemproniusMulysaSempronius but also susie nyRegistered User regular
    Went into work for the first time since March. Everything is the same- it's eerie. Just setting up some basic safety things- posting our labs' safety plans, putting down arrows, checking supplies of gloves, putting out ethanol cleaning bottles and hand sanitizers.
    Restarting things properly on Monday. Kids are starting camp, so I can actually go in without my husband having to take time off. This morning was... fun for my husband. He is sick ( not covid), so he's not 100%.

If that's all there is my friends, then let's keep dancing
This discussion has been closed.