As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[FFXIV]: Shadowguys: 5.4 December 8th

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    i believe that by rumblings you mean "yoshi-P said "Yeah. Yeah sure! Yeah!" when asked if they would bring it back. He was drunk."

liEt3nH.png
  • turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Huh. What's next, a Lightning Returns rerun?

Thatd be great, especially if they update the Lightning glamour sword to work with GNB weapons.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Lalafell
    Would also be nice if a Lightning rerun would make the Lightning and Snow outfis unisex.

• PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Au'ra
    Enlong wrote: »

I'd rather a rerun of Shantotto. Fight giant Shantottos again.

Yes, I know it's almost certainly not gonna happen, since they already put the Shantotto minion in the cash shop, but... I liked that event.

In any case, it's good that they can bring back these older events to fill in a bit of time while things are delayed; much better than just leaving it alone.

I mean, the dragon quest stuff is in the cash shop too.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
    edited June 2020
    Lalafell
    Enlong wrote: »

I'd rather a rerun of Shantotto. Fight giant Shantottos again.

Yes, I know it's almost certainly not gonna happen, since they already put the Shantotto minion in the cash shop, but... I liked that event.

In any case, it's good that they can bring back these older events to fill in a bit of time while things are delayed; much better than just leaving it alone.

I mean, the dragon quest stuff is in the cash shop too.

Ah, cool, then bring back Shantotto.

Enlong on
  • SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    Miqo'te
    i believe that by rumblings you mean "yoshi-P said "Yeah. Yeah sure! Yeah!" when asked if they would bring it back. He was drunk."

I mean, that's how we got the rerun last time.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    the yokai guy wanted new yokai weapons for the new jobs, so they need to put in at least some dev work to have that happen again

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular
    Hyur
    Weaver, my last crafting job, just hit 50. In celebration that I will never have to do another Ixal quest again, I have discarded my Ehcatl Wristgloves.

So close to done with Crafting, but I'm going to take this last one slow so I have something to actually level with Dwarf quests. Goldsmith is also not at the cap, currently just 66, for the same reason. I probably should have kept a couple other crafting quests below the cap, given how long beast tribe quests take to finish off, but I went on a Skybuilders binge last week and capped Leatherworker and Carpenter. Taking them both from 70 to 80 didn't get me enough scrip to buy the tank top, so I have no idea how people are enduring getting the pricier stuff like the mounts.

Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    bear in mind that the dwarf quests will likely require level 70 or higher

Hyur
    Yeah, I'm still doing Namazu quests with Goldsmith. Just gonna park it at 70 when it gets there, instead of finishing it off with weekly deliveries and skybuilders stuff like I did for all the other classes.

Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
    Hyur
    So roughly once a week I check other servers for some luxury goods I've had my eyes on, and Friday I spotted that Shinryu's Scales were down below 500k on Faerie Server, where they've been between 800K and 1.2 Million everywhere else for as long as I've been looking at them. So I bought some and took my freshly capped Carpenter and made a Shinryu's Lance.

Then later that day I got Baelsar's Wall from a roulette, where in addition to the tremendous pleasure of killing the jackass boss again, the chest and boots from the Filibuster's Maiming set dropped. I liked the look paired with the spear, and liked the whole outfit being a big middle finger to Ilberd, but attempts to solo the dungeon weren't successful. So I looked up those armor pieces and saw that they also drop from Sohm Al (Hard), which I could solo with a ~13 minute turn around as a Gunbreaker or Dark Knight.

After 30 fucking runs, the pants and gloves finally dropped. And I also picked up a full set of Filibuster's Aiming gear in the process, which I like for Machinist, and made back all the money I spent on the lance from desynthing everything else. So once my hand stops cramping, pure profit!

Anyway, here's the look:

• AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    SE has redone the in-game store. No more need to log into MogStation just to browse.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    So roughly once a week I check other servers for some luxury goods I've had my eyes on, and Friday I spotted that Shinryu's Scales were down below 500k on Faerie Server, where they've been between 800K and 1.2 Million everywhere else for as long as I've been looking at them. So I bought some and took my freshly capped Carpenter and made a Shinryu's Lance.

Then later that day I got Baelsar's Wall from a roulette, where in addition to the tremendous pleasure of killing the jackass boss again, the chest and boots from the Filibuster's Maiming set dropped. I liked the look paired with the spear, and liked the whole outfit being a big middle finger to Ilberd, but attempts to solo the dungeon weren't successful. So I looked up those armor pieces and saw that they also drop from Sohm Al (Hard), which I could solo with a ~13 minute turn around as a Gunbreaker or Dark Knight.

After 30 fucking runs, the pants and gloves finally dropped. And I also picked up a full set of Filibuster's Aiming gear in the process, which I like for Machinist, and made back all the money I spent on the lance from desynthing everything else. So once my hand stops cramping, pure profit!

Anyway, here's the look:

how do you do the first pose? i can only get my dragon to do the second one for some reason

EzUAYcn.png
    Roegadyn
    crwth wrote: »

Anyway, here's the look:

how do you do the first pose? i can only get my dragon to do the second one for some reason

It's one of the drawn weapon idles. There's a setting to have your character cycle through their idle poses, as well as a command to switch.

Roegadyn
    SE has redone the in-game store. No more need to log into MogStation just to browse.

"ffxiv online store" lacks the charm of "mogstation" but I get why the name might have thrown off new players

Roegadyn

"ffxiv online store" lacks the charm of "mogstation" but I get why the name might have thrown off new players

It's probably more about the meme of the MogStation logo being an image of the south end of a northbound moogle.

Anyway, here's the look:

It's one of the drawn weapon idles. There's a setting to have your character cycle through their idle poses, as well as a command to switch.

hmm when i was cycling through it only did the battle pose and the second one, but maybe i was being too impatient for it to change. i’ll have to see, thanks!

EzUAYcn.png
  • JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Roegadyn

Anyway, here's the look:

hmm when i was cycling through it only did the battle pose and the second one, but maybe i was being too impatient for it to change. i’ll have to see, thanks!

I can’t remember if your character is male or female, but some of the poses change based on gender

what!

EzUAYcn.png
    edited June 2020
    Roegadyn
    what!

From what I could tell it’s mostly the ‘waiting with weapon drawn’ poses that change based on gender.

GNB females for example have a waiting pose that looks like Lightning’s signature pose, while males don’t.

Javen on
    i do not like the au ra female idle poses for the most part cause they’re too girlish and i always imagined my character more gruff like sadu

EzUAYcn.png
    edited June 2020
    Roegadyn
    i do not like the au ra female idle poses for the most part cause they’re too girlish and i always imagined my character more gruff like sadu

Yeah I’m really hoping that with the recent push to make more and more gear independent of gender (hopefully with an end goal of making ALL gear this way) that they do the same with the various combat/social animations.

Javen on
    Lalafell
    I do wish I had the female idle pose for Dark Knight. The Cloud victory pose is neat, but I prefer the look of sticking the sword into the floor.

Au'ra
    Javen wrote: »
    what!

From what I could tell it’s mostly the ‘waiting with weapon drawn’ poses that change based on gender.

GNB females for example have a waiting pose that looks like Lightning’s signature pose, while males don’t.

DRK female gets to sword stabbed in ground idle and its great(sword)

Roegadyn
    what!

See and I like the male one because it’s the one featured in the SHB trailer. SAM is very different between the genders as well

Roegadyn
    I am

extremely skeptical about the supposed push to un-genderlock stuff.

cause so far it seems like genderlocking gear has just shifted to an item looking WILDLY different depending on which gender equips it. See: literally every piece of gear from the Nier raid or the Neo-Ishgard sets.

X22wmuF.jpg
    Roegadyn
    yeah, the only major "they're un-genderlocking!" thing was the bunny suit, and the community had vocally and specifically been requesting that one for years

edited June 2020
    Au'ra
    Hempen set has been the subject of requests to not be race locked for ages too I think. Also the racial starting gear.

The main obstacle for those is what to do about lalas though.

Polaritie on
  • AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    edited June 2020
    Au'ra

wait really? there's some that definitely feel more gruff to me, like the arms crossed one or the one with my hand on my hip

the others are a bit more femme but I quite like those two for when I am taking gpose photos I want to feel serious

also yeah the fem Dark Knight pose is leagues above the masc one imo

Anzekay on
    Anzekay wrote: »

wait really? there's some that definitely feel more gruff to me, like the arms crossed one or the one with my hand on my hip

the others are a bit more femme but I quite like those two for when I am taking gpose photos I want to feel serious

you’re not wrong but i guess i’m more thinking of when you’re making a character it would be nice to be able to choose a set of idle animations? like girly, gruff, etc

but i’m being a bit picky

EzUAYcn.png
  • SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited June 2020
    what!

Because it's this pose.
    0274iOd.jpg

Also, tonight I randomly got invited to a party on a Japanese server, but luckily, over a year of playing over here meant I knew just what to say, which was convenient.
    tHHHekp.jpg

SabreMau on
    Roegadyn

you’re not wrong but i guess i’m more thinking of when you’re making a character it would be nice to be able to choose a set of idle animations? like girly, gruff, etc

but i’m being a bit picky

Nah that's not being picky at all.

Fuckin, PS02 lets you do the other versions of emotes that change by gender by just holding down ctrl when you pick them off the list or something like that.

The victory and battle stance emotes change by gender too. Some of them by quite a lot, like SMN/SCH

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izP8AimuVK0

X22wmuF.jpg
  • AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    Au'ra
    I do like that you can use /cpose to change your default version of a pose or emote, at least.

so i finished shadowbringers (which owned btw) but i have a question for post 5.0 content that i don’t mind being slightly spoiled on if there’s even an answer:
    for the viera and hroth, we sorta
    know where they originate from in the first...is there an explanation for where they are in the source yet? or do we just assume they’re somewhere else

EzUAYcn.png
  • Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Miqo'te
    They're in the source as well.

...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
    edited June 2020
    Roegadyn
    so i finished shadowbringers (which owned btw) but i have a question for post 5.0 content that i don’t mind being slightly spoiled on if there’s even an answer:
    know where they originate from in the first...is there an explanation for where they are in the source yet? or do we just assume they’re somewhere else
    They're just elsewhere.

You meet a Viera one if you do the Stormblood Alliance Raid Quest line (which you definitely should, since you need to in order to get access to Shadowbringers relic weapons.

Also the Gunbreaker quest guy is a Hrothgar and talks a lot about where he comes from, and you learn more from the relic quest chain

Javen on
  • ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    viera are from dalmasca and hrothgar are from bozja. the resistance weapon questline is about taking bozja back from garleans, lots of hrothgar are involved. viera are largely isolationist on the source as well though

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited June 2020
    Viera
    Unfortunately yeah the pose you want from that screenshot is the male version of the dragoon weapon-out idle pose, female characters are stuck with the other pose instead.
    I do like that you can use /cpose to change your default version of a pose or emote, at least.
    Yep you can cycle through any alternate idle poses your current stance has with that, doesn't let you use other gender or races' poses though sadly. There's several weapon sheathed standing poses, several sitting on the ground and on seat poses, one alternate pose for standing with your weapon unsheathed for each job, and a few different sleeping poses if you /doze on top of a bed.

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
    Lalafell
    (Shadowbringers)
    I'm just a little sad that we won't see any friendly Ixals on the First, even though it makes sense why they can't be there.

This discussion has been closed.