As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Hearthstone] THIS THREAD IS DEAD. POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    Ha, Dibby, saw your above Murlocs BG pic on reddit and indeed laughed at the absurd comments about selling the Goldgrubber. Didn't make the connection that it was you.

Friends: help, I can't stop playing BGs.

PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
  • fortyforty Registered User regular
    edited June 2020
    Nut Draws vs. Butt Draws: The Game of Turn 1 Losses.

Highlander Hunter: still undefeated for the month. All time best deck in Hearthstone if my RNG is to be believed.

forty on
    Is Altruis even good in the VS list? I feel like he's been a dead card or weak play in almost every one of my games.

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    i wouldn't call him bad but i suspect he's not as good as the thread likes to say, he has only a 50.9% when played winrate

liEt3nH.png
  • DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    altruis feels much less oppressive now with the twin slice nerf

i haven't truly seen a DH pop off with altruis since the patch, honestly

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
    I'm wondering if I should just run a more generally playable card instead of him. I'm not sure if I even saw him get played by any of my DH opponents in the mirror matches.

• ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular

I am 0-10 with Spell Druid.

This has not been a good month for me for Standard Hearthstone.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    Dibby wrote: »
    Hearthstone_2020-06-29-11-39-10.png?width=1083&height=609

Made it to D1 today with Spell Druid! Again, not actively trying for Legend or anything, literally just playing games. ...And winning, I suppose.

D-d-d-decklist!

is32f8v.png
    AAECAZICAv0C9q0DDv4B0wP3A+YFxAaaCLmUA+KfA9ulA+W6A+i6A+y6A+66A++6AwA=

So first off, I tried running the version with Breath+Emerald Explorers originally, which is the version that everyone seems to be running. Straight up? It's trash. It's actually just bad. Breath doesn't belong in the deck, full stop. With only 3 Dragons you are not going to be able to reliably get it off. It only exists to play on Turn 2 so you can play Overgrowth on Turn 3. Emerald Explorers also have been.... lackluster, in general. Dragon variance is pretty huge and like, yeah, sure, sometimes you highroll and get an extra Ysera Unleashed or even just Ysera or something great, but. A lot of the time you don't. And a lot of the time it just doesn't feel like it does much. Moreover, Breath -> Overgrowth is a mulligan that requires having three specific cards. That's just.... that's just highroll luck at that point. It's inconsistent.

So I pitched both of those for Claw and Wrath because without those you don't have any early removal and you autolose to the more aggressive decks. Claw/Wrath let you actually deal with a DH's early game, for example. They buy you enough breathing room til you can slam Glowfly, which honestly I just use as removal for the most part. And that lets you stabilize until you get your swing turn with Mountseller. And like, vs slower decks anyway? You can abso-fucking-lutely afford to pass turn do nothing for the first 3 turns into Overgrowth. So it's like, what would you rather have, SOMETIMES rarely getting that highroll luck but otherwise having a dead card in hand? Or strengthening your early game vs problematic matchups? Seems like a no brainer to me.

Anyway, deck's fuckin' sick and honestly is extremely effective in this meta right now. Bonus of... not really costing that much dust, honestly!

Just don't discard your only 3 minions with Fungal vs a Priest and you're golden. Or, yknow, Ysera at the very least. Fucking Ysera always gets discarded when I need her the most, goddammit.

Played three games in Casual to get the hang of it and absolutely dominated my opponents, then switched to rank and promptly lost 3 straight matches. Discarded Ysera in all of them.

This fucking game.

sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
    edited June 2020
    Idx86 wrote: »
    Hearthstone_2020-06-29-11-39-10.png?width=1083&height=609

Made it to D1 today with Spell Druid! Again, not actively trying for Legend or anything, literally just playing games. ...And winning, I suppose.

D-d-d-decklist!

is32f8v.png
    AAECAZICAv0C9q0DDv4B0wP3A+YFxAaaCLmUA+KfA9ulA+W6A+i6A+y6A+66A++6AwA=

So first off, I tried running the version with Breath+Emerald Explorers originally, which is the version that everyone seems to be running. Straight up? It's trash. It's actually just bad. Breath doesn't belong in the deck, full stop. With only 3 Dragons you are not going to be able to reliably get it off. It only exists to play on Turn 2 so you can play Overgrowth on Turn 3. Emerald Explorers also have been.... lackluster, in general. Dragon variance is pretty huge and like, yeah, sure, sometimes you highroll and get an extra Ysera Unleashed or even just Ysera or something great, but. A lot of the time you don't. And a lot of the time it just doesn't feel like it does much. Moreover, Breath -> Overgrowth is a mulligan that requires having three specific cards. That's just.... that's just highroll luck at that point. It's inconsistent.

So I pitched both of those for Claw and Wrath because without those you don't have any early removal and you autolose to the more aggressive decks. Claw/Wrath let you actually deal with a DH's early game, for example. They buy you enough breathing room til you can slam Glowfly, which honestly I just use as removal for the most part. And that lets you stabilize until you get your swing turn with Mountseller. And like, vs slower decks anyway? You can abso-fucking-lutely afford to pass turn do nothing for the first 3 turns into Overgrowth. So it's like, what would you rather have, SOMETIMES rarely getting that highroll luck but otherwise having a dead card in hand? Or strengthening your early game vs problematic matchups? Seems like a no brainer to me.

Anyway, deck's fuckin' sick and honestly is extremely effective in this meta right now. Bonus of... not really costing that much dust, honestly!

Just don't discard your only 3 minions with Fungal vs a Priest and you're golden. Or, yknow, Ysera at the very least. Fucking Ysera always gets discarded when I need her the most, goddammit.

Played three games in Casual to get the hang of it and absolutely dominated my opponents, then switched to rank and promptly lost 3 straight matches. Discarded Ysera in all of them.

This fucking game.

Skillstone.

8-)

Edit: real talk tho if anyone needs any advice with the deck hmu and light that dibsignal

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png

Hearthstone_2020-06-30-11-43-15.png?width=1083&height=609

nevermind altruis is oppressive nerf this trash-ass card

(i had a full fucking board after just popping off with Mountseller and then this)

DNiDlnb.png
  • AcheronAcheron Registered User regular
    I just used Dibbys list and blew out several opponents at diamond 4. Then I ran into a Highlander libram pally who countered my early buffed glowfly swarm with libram of justice into Zephrys into Whirlwind. Deaaad.

Still like the deck though, mountseller is brutal and so is glowfly.

Did I ever mention I hate Zephrys? Wow what a broken card. Highlander limitation isn't nearly enough to basically get "win the game" for 2 Mana.

also semi-related to my above post but

an aggro deck shouldn't also have access to a board clear, like full stop. giving a full on face deck access to a card that lets them clear the board is fuckin' nuts. and then it double dips cause it does face damage too. i want to see altruis nerfed to simply do one or the other but not both. it's still A Bit Much. and part of the problem is that Altruis is part of the Initiate set so he will ALWAYS BE THERE

an aggro deck also shouldn't have the ability to draw through its entire deck (beyond powerful cards like Myra's, for example). but DH has SO MUCH DRAW and if you're playing a slow deck and you run them out of cards, which is normally the deathknell for aggro, they pop skull and they're right back in the shit. compare to aggro hunter or any other super aggressive deck in the past even, the idea is that if an aggro deck can kill the slow deck before they stabilize, they win. but if the slow deck can stabilize and run the aggro deck out of resources, they win. right? right. DH just has too many ways to come back and stay in the game even when they're low on gas aaaaaaaaaaugh i hate it

DNiDlnb.png
  • AlphagaiaAlphagaia Registered User regular

Hearthstone_2020-06-30-11-43-15.png?width=1083&height=609

(i had a full fucking board after just popping off with Mountseller and then this)

Guess he was prepared.

Wanna try my Mario Maker levels?

Shoot m to BITS (hold Y) [hard] C109-0000-014D-4E09
    P-POWER Switch Palace 3838-0000-0122-9359
    Raiding the Serpents Tomb 1A04-0000-0098-C11E
    I like to move it, move it FCE2-0000-00D7-9048

See my profile here!
  • 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular

The duality of manDibby

So if they did another nerf patch to the strongest decks, what should get nerfed in Spell Druid?

Discarded my 4th Ysera in 5 ranked games with Dibby's deck...

sig.gif

• ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    forty wrote: »
    So if they did another nerf patch to the strongest decks, what should get nerfed in Spell Druid?

The two I can see actually happening at some future point:
    Glowfly. Either 6 mana or make the tokens 2/1

Emerald Dragon needs to be 7 mana.

The two problem categories I don't seem them changing:
    The ramp cards, breath of dreams or overgrowth. Not sure this can really work without making them completely unplayable.

Bogbeam and Ironbark: You'd think they'd learn not to print (0) mana cards, even conditional ones. Make both effects stronger, increase base mana cost by 1, reduce cost to 1 when over 7 mana.

• YiliasYilias Registered User regular

I'm not sure it really needs a nerf, but maybe make Bogbeam/Ironbark discount to 1 instead of 0 since casting stuff for free is always broken.

Blizz would probably HoF Innervate or Savage Roar though.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    give wild original forceroar

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
    3clipse wrote: »

The duality of manDibby
    Dead card in 9 games does something good in 1 game. Card must be overpowered. :P

edited June 2020
    Yilias wrote: »

I'm not sure it really needs a nerf, but maybe make Bogbeam/Ironbark discount to 1 instead of 0 since casting stuff for free is always broken.

Blizz would probably HoF Innervate or Savage Roar though.
    I mean it's a very strong deck that's only really being kept in check by DH. On VS it has no bad matchups besides DH. If DH gets nerfed more, Team 5 would likely touch Spell Druid as well to keep it from getting out of control. Possibly along with the two main Highlanders as well since they're also very strong decks that are only really countered by DH (except when matched against me).

Edit: I think it mostly comes down to if they want to keep retuning the Outland meta or just let it ride for 5 or 6 more weeks until the next expansion.

forty on
    I do wonder about what the new DH cards will look like. Design is usually locked in more than one set ahead of release.

There's no other single player content coming for Ashes, is there? I saved up gold for an adventure but now it looks like it might just be going to packs in the new set.

sig.gif

The duality of manDibby
    Dead card in 9 games does something good in 1 game. Card must be overpowered. :P

It's not overpowered, it's just a fuckin' feel-bad card. It feels bad to play against it. Even if only 1 time out of 10 they pop the fuck off. It feels REAL BAD.

DNiDlnb.png
    some would say all hearthstone feels bad boom gotem roasted hashtag burns

liEt3nH.png

some would say INAGTP's posts are bad

8-)

DNiDlnb.png
  • 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular

some would say INAGTP's posts are bad

8-)

I think especially INAGTP would say this.

The duality of manDibby

It's not overpowered, it's just a fuckin' feel-bad card. It feels bad to play against it. Even if only 1 time out of 10 they pop the fuck off. It feels REAL BAD.
    Every card in Hearthstone is a feel bad card when you lose to it.

name ONE good post

liEt3nH.png
    name ONE good post

pooro had that Ansel Adams joke that was pretty good.

• KafkaAUKafkaAU Western AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Fungaled into both mountsellers and ysera last night. Good times.

steam_sig.png
    Origin: KafkaAU B-Net: Kafka#1778
  • KafkaAUKafkaAU Western AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Also fun times, pick jaraxus in BGs (best hero offered, seriously) and not get offered a single demon except for a floating watcher from a triple the turn before I die.

steam_sig.png
    Origin: KafkaAU B-Net: Kafka#1778
    And here's your PSA to make extra room in your quest log for the last event quest tomorrow.

• Marty81Marty81 Registered User regular
    It's the last day of the season and this is where I ended up. I just do my quests every other day or so and then continue playing until I lose a game. I DH'd my way into legend (for the first time ever!) and then continued playing DH for most of the rest of the season's quests.

k3fh9al2dvpj.jpg

Yeah, I only have 27 wins with DH *ever* and am at >300 legend (wild, granted) with it. I wouldn't be shocked if it ate another nerf.

Well the last DH change specifically buffed Odd DH, but I doubt that was really on Blizzard's radar.

edited July 2020
    Speaking of end of season, I finally made it over the dad legend hump late last night. So tonight, after the hard fought push to hit rank 5, I had to clear quests out of my log, so I played 3 DH games and 3 crappy old Face Hunter games, going 2-1 with DH and 3-0 with Face Hunter. Suddenly I was showered in wins.

This fucking game. :|

Edit: I got my first Waggle Pick in my end of season rewards, having totally forgotten that Waggle Pick is still in Standard.

forty on
    Well, I made it to a lofty Plat 2 in Wild and Silver 3 in Standard! You may bow, peasants.

What did you do with the real Yilias?

Ended the June season at D1, got 4 packs and a bunch of cards...

One of the packs contained the Beastmaster Hunter legendary! Cool.

Maybe that card will see play one day hmmmm

DNiDlnb.png
    I got Kargath in my last pack, so not too bad. He seems to be just on that razor's edge of playability.