As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[FFXIV]: Shadowguys: 5.4 December 8th

• crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    Javen wrote: »
    crwth wrote: »
    so i finished shadowbringers (which owned btw) but i have a question for post 5.0 content that i don’t mind being slightly spoiled on if there’s even an answer:
    for the viera and hroth, we sorta
    know where they originate from in the first...is there an explanation for where they are in the source yet? or do we just assume they’re somewhere else
    They're just elsewhere.

You meet a Viera one if you do the Stormblood Alliance Raid Quest line (which you definitely should, since you need to in order to get access to Shadowbringers relic weapons.

Also the Gunbreaker quest guy is a Hrothgar and talks a lot about where he comes from, and you learn more from the relic quest chain
    Zay wrote: »
    so i finished shadowbringers (which owned btw) but i have a question for post 5.0 content that i don’t mind being slightly spoiled on if there’s even an answer:
    know where they originate from in the first...is there an explanation for where they are in the source yet? or do we just assume they’re somewhere else
    viera are from dalmasca and hrothgar are from bozja. the resistance weapon questline is about taking bozja back from garleans, lots of hrothgar are involved. viera are largely isolationist on the source as well though

ah thanks! i do have to catch up on my alliance raids, they’re so busy that i don’t really enjoy doing them much but i’ll suck it up especially since i just unlocked copied factory

EzUAYcn.png
  • SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    viera are from dalmasca and hrothgar are from bozja. the resistance weapon questline is about taking bozja back from garleans, lots of hrothgar are involved. viera are largely isolationist on the source as well though
    Besides, technically they're not even called Viera on the First. They're called Viis there.

• AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    Au'ra
    I'm at the final dungeon + trial for Shadowbringers now. Stopped there so I can do them with some friends tomorrow though!

I already crafted a bunch of neo-ishgardian gear for myself (with some help from friends for the gsm/ltw/wvr materials I couldn't craft myself) so I'm feeling pretty flash already haha

• PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Au'ra
    Yeah, Neo-ishgard stuff looks good. And it's current so you won't need to gear up for anything then.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
    Au'ra
    I'm still using my gunmetal-dyed back leather biker outfit with Anima DRK weapon glam, but yeah the 480 stuff is really good. Going to get a few accessories made and fill out the last two slots with Allegories gear, since I did a full hunt train today after reset and capped for the week (plus a couple hundred I got before reset).

should launch me straight into being gear-ready for whatever high-end content my friends want to do

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Viera
    I wanna see your glam!

BahamutZERO.gif
  • SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    Miqo'te
    the ranged gear will be going into the dresser when it's no longer current because it has a steampunk look (minus cogs) that I enjoy

aTBDrQE.jpg
    Au'ra
    Neo-ishgard healer gear is my favorite of them I think. They're all pretty good though.

edited July 2020
    Au'ra
    Okay I finished Shadowbringers! I had a bunch of friends come join me for the dungeon and the trial too
    Non spoiler:

Spoilers. Also @BahamutZERO this includes a shot of my glam!

Anzekay on
    https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/421185
    As of now, Patch 5.3─Reflections in Crystal is scheduled to release on Tuesday, August 11, 2020.
    But I'm not sure what this one's for:
    While we’re on the subject of future patches, perhaps you’d care for a glimpse of what we’re working on...
    0vuvaoh.jpg

• AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    Reddit thinks NieR, weebs are hoping for Girls und Panzer crossover.

• DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Au'ra
    Considering the game got a Yokai Watch crossover of all things, I wouldn't put it strictly outside of the realm of possibility.

That being said I wouldn't really hold out any hope either.

• TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    oof, that's a ways away

like, it's totally understandable, I'm not gonna piss and moan about how the devs need to work harder or whatever

but still, oof

just more time for me to grind rival wings for mgp

EzUAYcn.png
  • JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    Yeah that’s just shy of 6 months between major content patches

What is this, World of Warcraft??????

• Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Miqo'te
    No, it's a global pandemic.

...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Lalafell
    Yeah. This is not normal, nor should we be expecting the normal rate of patches in this situation.

• Blackhawk1313Blackhawk1313 Demon Hunter for Hire Time RiftRegistered User regular
    Miqo'te
    Enlong wrote: »
    Yeah. This is not normal, nor should we be expecting the normal rate of patches in this situation.

On the bright side, it does read like they have their distance setup fully up and running now so should make it more doable to keep to a normal schedule while dealing with the repercussions of COVID.

Au'ra
    Enlong wrote: »

On the bright side, it does read like they have their distance setup fully up and running now so should make it more doable to keep to a normal schedule while dealing with the repercussions of COVID.

I would guess they're still taking a productivity hit even with that.

it is world of warcraft

EzUAYcn.png
  • rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    Hyur

it is world of warcraft

Aw man

• ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    Alphinaud very tentatively drinking a big potion labeled corruption

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Roegadyn

it is world of warcraft

oh no

I didn't realize until just recently that, with NIN in dungeons, I could walk in behind the tank as they were pulling a trash pack, drop Doton to the ground in the midst of them, and then stealth to reset my Ninjutsu charges back to 2 before it ticked and put me in combat.

Au'ra
    SabreMau wrote: »
    I didn't realize until just recently that, with NIN in dungeons, I could walk in behind the tank as they were pulling a trash pack, drop Doton to the ground in the midst of them, and then stealth to reset my Ninjutsu charges back to 2 before it ticked and put me in combat.

Interesting. Most DoT effects trigger aggro immediately even if they have no up-front damage. It must be a result of it being a hazard zone instead. Granted, it's not really like NIN isn't already really good at mowing down trash packs - I feel like they're probably the best melee DPS at AoE?

I guess because most other DoTs actually put a debuff on the target. This one waits a brief moment before doing anything to things within the circle.

• TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    Miqo'te
    Polaritie wrote: »
    SabreMau wrote: »

Interesting. Most DoT effects trigger aggro immediately even if they have no up-front damage. It must be a result of it being a hazard zone instead. Granted, it's not really like NIN isn't already really good at mowing down trash packs - I feel like they're probably the best melee DPS at AoE?

Most effects put a status on the enemy, that's what counts as the adverse action. Doton just drops something on the ground, so until it deals damage, you haven't done anything.

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
    Viera
    doesn't doton put a movement slow debuff on anything inside of it too

BahamutZERO.gif
    edited July 2020
    Yeah, "Additional Effect: Heavy +40%". In the video footage (hard to make out at Twitter resolution) the mob takes damage and acquires the slow debuff simultaneously as it enters combat. Also, the "+Stealth" line pops up in floating combat text but the stealth icon never gets a chance to appear in the status bar because combat has begun, but it still refreshes the ninjutsu count.

SabreMau on
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Aldo wrote: »
    Reddit thinks NieR, weebs are hoping for Girls und Panzer crossover.

this makes me mad because it couldn't be more clearly Dwarf Beast Tribe Quests

liEt3nH.png
    Viera
    coming soon: metal slug crossover

BahamutZERO.gif
  • ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    i can't imagine anything more embarrassing than knowing what girls und panzer is

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    I use a lot of fantasias
    i can't imagine anything more embarrassing than knowing what girls und panzer is

I can. Easily.

steam_sig.png
  • turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Roegadyn

I can. Easily.

Yeah, they could like it

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    I did Aurum Vale for the first time and then did the daily roulette and got Aurum Vale again

I hate it

But I just cracked 50 so thanks losers

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    aurum vale is one of the dungeons giving moogle tomestones so it's got a slightly higher incidence of popping

but yes, aurum vale is, a notorious one

liEt3nH.png
  • turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    The first room of aurum vale is type of dungeon design that never shows up again and it's weird.

Big open room with patrolling mobs just ain't this game's style.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    Both times through my parties wiped on that first room and then you could tell everyone kind of sheepishly agreed not to speak of it again

• ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    Miqo'te
    Yeah, that room can get out of hand because it's super easy to accidentally aggro extra mobs, and if the tank and the rest of the party aren't on the same page it's easy to spiral out of control.

Easiest way to handle it is for everyone to just sprint to the boss room entrance while hugging the left wall, letting that one jelleyfish pack move to the center so you don't have to deal with them, but if someone lags behind a bit even that can get dicey.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
    The place used to be handled a whole lot differently.

This discussion has been closed.