As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Steam] now returns you to your regular programming.

• Options
    ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    Also @DyasAlure it looks like this problem is pretty common for Stardew Valley:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/413150/discussions/0/405692758712059142/

https://steamcommunity.com/app/413150/discussions/0/405693392929305940/

And many more posts on the reddit.

Twitch: Thawmus83
  • Options
    DyasAlureDyasAlure SeattleRegistered User regular
    Thawmus wrote: »
    DyasAlure wrote: »
    anyone help with stardew vally and mouse ofset being wrong so right side of screen no mousy?

Have you tried bouncing out of, and then back into, fullscreen? Do Alt+Enter, and then Alt+Enter again.

I have to engage in similar rituals when playing X-COM 2.

did not work. The invisible size is whtat I get on a second monitor to the left in window 2 extended displays. I can plan in said window, but text can be hard sometimes.

My%20Steam.png?psid=1My%20Twitch%20-%20Mass%20Effect.png?psid=1=1My%20Youtube.png?psid=1
  • Options
    DyasAlureDyasAlure SeattleRegistered User regular
    oh, I walkedined into a steam sale. I spent all my money and have bills on first. I am loving staredewvally even in hard to read words windoed mode...

My%20Steam.png?psid=1My%20Twitch%20-%20Mass%20Effect.png?psid=1=1My%20Youtube.png?psid=1
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    DyasAlure wrote: »
    oh, I walkedined into a steam sale. I spent all my money and have bills on first. I am loving staredewvally even in hard to read words windoed mode...

Go home. You aten't drunk enough.

• Options
    QuicalQuical Registered User regular
    Man, I think this is the quickest I've been gifted after something was released. I got a notification on my phone saying Townscaper has entered Early Access and the following from @Quical
    601jfdeg8snb.png
    This game looks so chill and relaxing that I'm looking forward to diving into it when I need to take a break from the hellscape we call a world. Thank you so much!

You're welcome. I played some before. It's very aimless and limited but super chill. More like a toy than a game.

NNID: Quical
    STEAM: Quical
    Check out my youtube channel, maybe subscribe?: NerdAndOrGeek
  • Options
    chuck steakchuck steak Registered User regular
    Was just minding my business trying to pay off my billion dollar loan to my corporate overlords by harvesting parts from spaceships, and @an_alt dropped a key on my lap for Barotrauna!! Love me a sim game full of cool systems!.

THANK YOU!

• Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    Man, steam thread used to move at light speed during sales. I can appreciate the slow down in recent years because back then I was in college and had no wife or kids. Now I have those things, I'm an old man, and have too much going on to keep up like I used to.

Steam: offday
  • Options
    The lack of flash sales, IMHO, really sucks all the life and excitement out. Yes, it's nice to not have to watch the sales like a hawk, but on the flip side the sale events are pretty goddamn boring.

• Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    The lack of flash sales, IMHO, really sucks all the life and excitement out. Yes, it's nice to not have to watch the sales like a hawk, but on the flip side the sale events are pretty goddamn boring.

You say this like it's a bad thing...

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options

I derive some genuine enjoyment out of the anxiety involved with following flash sales. I realize this makes me a monster.

• Options
    Gear GirlGear Girl More class than a state university Registered User regular
    7wz9femgbq1i.png

Big thanks to @Karoz for more Warhammer. <3

• Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular

At least bring back the daily sales.

Steam: offday
  • Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    edited July 2020
    anoffday wrote: »

It's daily/flash sales or a refund policy. Not really feasible to do both and a refund policy is going to be more useful for people.

Steel Angel on
    Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    @akajaybay seems to have taken umbrage

It's daily/flash sales or a refund policy. Not really feasible to do both and a refund policy is going to be more useful for people.

I'm ignorant to this, what's the issue regarding refunds?

• Options
    Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    edited June 2020
    Here's my obligatory "Steam sales were more fun 6 years ago" comment.

Edit: I also had a much smaller Steam library back in the day so there was a lot of fun in getting new stuff. Now I have a massive Steam library thanks to years of gifting wars paired with the sizable backlog of PS4, PS3, PS2, 360, Switch and 3DS games on the shelf, I just feel bad adding to the pile. Gotta beat these at some point!

Idx86 on
    sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    nvm

Pixelated Pixie on
    ~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    Man, steam thread used to move at light speed during sales. I can appreciate the slow down in recent years because back then I was in college and had no wife or kids. Now I have those things, I'm an old man, and have too much going on to keep up like I used to.

I mean, there's only so many games. I was going through my library the other day looking for games to play with the kids after I hooked my steam link up to our TV. 859 games (though it says 1028, but 169 not listed due to a filter...but I don't have any filters or hidden games so..?) and I don't even know what half of them are! I will probably never play the vast majority of them, and I think how overwhelming it can helped push me away from just buying things because they were cheap.

I actually probably should go through and hide things that I know I will never touch (or I have tried and they're garbage; or just never gonna be finished).

I have wondered if they moved away from the flash sales because they found that they just reached peak saturation for owners; in addition to them not being the most friendly thing for devs or customers.

Anyway...speaking of not needing any more games: Does the Super Deluxe version of Borderlands 3 come with all the currently available DLC?

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    edited June 2020
    I think I may have gotten lumped in with a thing due to a draft.

Refunds were necessary and I can see how they'd make flash sales problematic.
    What it comes down to is that the Steam sales of our memories involved a lot of racing to the bottom on sale discounts.
    People came to their senses a few years ago and the sales are a lot less extreme these days. Which is too bad, but understandable. The flash sales kept new surprises popping up, but now there's decent sales all the time which is a net positive.
    The main thing I miss is being able to store games and give them away later.

But..again, better off not having it be a crazy mechanism for money laundering and shady reselling.

akajaybay on
  • Options
    @akajaybay seems to have taken umbrage

I'm ignorant to this, what's the issue regarding refunds?

People by a game on sale. Game has a flash/daily sale for a cheaper price. People request a refund for the game and then buy the game again at a cheaper price. A whole lot of transactions and chargebacks need to be done for no real business benefit.

I do get the impression that flash sales were already on their way out though. The discounts offered lessened over time and whereas it used to be a great way to get visibility for a game to have it displayed in the flash sale section, now there are a lot of other ways to get recognition via streaming and let's plays.

I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    This dude beats the second hardest Hollow Knight challenge level with a Steam controller and I can't figure out why I can't do this. Using the right pad instead of the face buttons is a fine idea but is he clicking to input movement on the left pad of just touching it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H55LPk6AhDY

• Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular

I derive some genuine enjoyment out of the anxiety involved with following flash sales. I realize this makes me a monster.

And the possibility of a compounded double discount glitches for the first 5 or 10 minutes of a flash or daily sale

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    Thank you very much @bloodattonement for the gift of 80 Days! It heartens me greatly to hear that you still hold my pixel art Samus thingo in such high regard, I feel like an artist! :smile:

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Hmm, @DaringDirk seems to have sent something most interesting. It's a gift but not a gift, able to pop the window and have a message attached, but when it's "accepted" it says it's already in the library and you can then add it to your own inventory. From there you can send it to someone else, with your own message and window, essentially making it a literal gift that keeps on giving so long as its recipients keep sending it on like Hot Potato.

Oh I am going to have some fun with this. Thanks Dirk!

sYY8ZFt.png

• Options
    State of Decay 2:

Our group is simultaneously in a much better place and doing really not-good.

Also @destroyah87 has been recruited. Spoiler: another female survivor. :lol:

More to come later.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    DaringDirkDaringDirk Daddy CEO Oakland, CARegistered User regular
    I have been Sundered by @Questor, thanks so much for the game!

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    an_altan_alt Registered User regular
    I've been cursed by a Pixie!

uL7hGSU.png

I was looking forward to XCOM lite, but now there's only a 5% chance I'll enjoy it!

Thank you @Pixelated Pixie! This is going to make me reshuffle my playlist.

Pony wrote:
    I think that the internet has been for years on the path to creating what is essentially an electronic Necronomicon: A collection of blasphemous unrealities so perverse that to even glimpse at its contents, if but for a moment, is to irrevocably forfeit a portion of your sanity.
    Xbox - PearlBlueS0ul, Steam
    If you ever need to talk to someone, feel free to message me. Yes, that includes you.
  • Options
    QuestorQuestor PAX Aus Tabletop [E] Melbourne, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    DaringDirk wrote: »
    I have been Sundered by @Questor, thanks so much for the game!

One monstrous deed deserved another as @DaringDirk pre-emptively gifted me Children of Morta!

Thank you <3

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    an_alt wrote: »

uL7hGSU.png

I was looking forward to XCOM lite, but now there's only a 5% chance I'll enjoy it!

Thank you @Pixelated Pixie! This is going to make me reshuffle my playlist.

I enjoyed this way more than I thought I would - I was surprised they didn't release it for full price.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    edited July 2020

uL7hGSU.png

Thank you "Pixelated Pixie"! This is going to make me reshuffle my playlist.

While I'm positive you wouldn't need coaxing to put this team member in your squad, you absolutely need to sign up Zephyr when you get prompted.

She's a melee fighter that lays the smackdown with her fists and backflip kicks aliens like Guile. She also has an Aussie accent

TeeMan on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    InterpreterInterpreter Registered User regular
    Bleah. Try to buy a few backgrounds with points and it's all "You have to own this game or have played it for two hours". What's the point of giving lots of points to spend if you can't have access to everything available?

• Options
    Yeah that's dumb

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Fired up Hitman 2. Or rather playing Hitman 1 missions in Hitman 2.

During the Sapienza mission I did the trick I learned in Blood Money of hiding a gun in a briefcase and chucking it over a wall to retrieve after passing through a frisk point. It was a good thing to do as opposed to other methods of acquiring weapons as I ended up knocking out probably a dozen people by whacking them with or throwing the briefcase. I do think I need to abandon always trying for Silent Assassin my first time through a map though. Things can act weird far too often with odd door physics and the like to make it a relaxing experience and some of the challenges for big unlock exp seem annoyingly hard to do with keeping detection and deaths to a minimum.

Though it was satisfying to see an extremely high mastery rank and several unlocks for finally getting through Sapienza with Silent Assassin rating.

Steam Profile
  • Options
    an_altan_alt Registered User regular
    TeeMan wrote: »

uL7hGSU.png

Thank you "Pixelated Pixie"! This is going to make me reshuffle my playlist.

While I'm positive you would need coaxing to put this team member in your squad, you absolutely need to sign up Zephyr when you get prompted.

She's a melee fighter that lays the smackdown with her fists and backflip kicks aliens like Guile. She also has an Aussie accent

An Aussie lass who can flipkick like Guile? I'm sold.

Pony wrote:
    I think that the internet has been for years on the path to creating what is essentially an electronic Necronomicon: A collection of blasphemous unrealities so perverse that to even glimpse at its contents, if but for a moment, is to irrevocably forfeit a portion of your sanity.
    Xbox - PearlBlueS0ul, Steam
    If you ever need to talk to someone, feel free to message me. Yes, that includes you.
  • Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    Did the "PLAY" button double in size over night?

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Many, many thanks to @an_alt for The Messenger!

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Did the "PLAY" button double in size over night?

Looks a tad longer in the app itself, yes.

• Options
    rahkeesh2000rahkeesh2000 Registered User regular
    edited July 2020
    emnmnme wrote: »
    This dude beats the second hardest Hollow Knight challenge level with a Steam controller and I can't figure out why I can't do this. Using the right pad instead of the face buttons is a fine idea but is he clicking to input movement on the left pad of just touching it?

I mean the description provides a link ( steam://controllerconfig/367520/1911316152 ) to their controller profile. Its just a touch (no click) d-pad on each circle pad, left is directions without diagonals (cross gate) and the right supports multi button via diagonals.

Touch d-pad is the recommended way to play 2D platformers with steam controller but I could never get the hang of it.

rahkeesh2000 on
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Anything I'm missing?

@CorriganX is 40 odd games from 2k

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    chuck steakchuck steak Registered User regular
    edited July 2020
    j3l8uxnise0t.jpg

THIS WAS THE OPPOSITE OF THE... WHAT... UGGGH... AND THEN HIDE BEHIND THE USA WALL LIKE A TYPICAL MERRICAN... THAT WAS DOWN EARLIEAR AND NOW CANADA CAN'T SEND TO USA AGAIN!!!

(For real though, I've almost bought this many times, and am really excited to finally check it out. Loved System Shock 2 back in the day and I hear this has some similar bones in it)

p4mv8meejttg.jpg

ANOTHER game I've waffled on many times (on various platforms) and look forward to this odd combination of 2 of my favourite (how dare you try and autocorrect that spelling on this glorious day!)

COLOUR AND ZED!!!

Thank you so much @DaringDirk and @Questor

chuck steak on
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Playing the Factorio demo out of curiosity, and I can see why people lose entire days to this game. There's always something to do, something to adjust, more stuff to mine and craft and smelt and research.

Also I looked it up and it doesn't really have an ending, so it's less of a game you beat and more something you just mess with every once in a while.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
This discussion has been closed.