As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Chat]ter's Block

• 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    should i use my considerable power to stop Brexit?

• Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    ulcivqrzm17b.jpg

Its all over for you fucks

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    Tav wrote: »
    x8ez8flumqlx.png

the way christians try to homogenize contradictions and inconvenient content in the new testament is always adorable (or it would be if those fuckers weren't so oppressively omnipresent and powerful in our society) but the kind of bullshit that has been invented to explain away the "eye of a needle" line really goes the extra mile.

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular

Is he still a Republican? He never really seemed to fit the mold of the modern Tea party / fascist type.

Also what's the Academy of Wealth? That sounds like something set up to milk money out of someone.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular
    x8ez8flumqlx.png

the way christians try to homogenize contradictions and inconvenient content in the new testament is always adorable (or it would be if those fuckers weren't so oppressively omnipresent and powerful in our society) but the kind of bullshit that has been invented to explain away the "eye of a needle" line really goes the extra mile.

You'd think they would just ignore it like they ignore
    Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me

• AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Every time I see "Eye of the needle" I think of Star Wars: Episode 1 Podracer on the N64.

You know why...

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    Athenor wrote: »

Is he still a Republican? He never really seemed to fit the mold of the modern Tea party / fascist type.

Also what's the Academy of Wealth? That sounds like something set up to milk money out of someone.

He refused to work out in Golds a few weeks ago because no one was wearing masks

If he’s still red, it’s probably in the more classic sense than the last few years sense

• WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    x8ez8flumqlx.png

My favorite response:
    Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You pay tithes of mint, dill, and cumin. But you have disregarded the weightier matters of the law: justice, mercy, and faithfulness. You should have practiced the latter, without neglecting the former. You blind guides! You strain out a gnat but swallow a camel.

• Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    phusiaeduobw.jpg

Posted on, of all things, Itzhak Perlman's Facebook page.

@Chanus @Sir Landshark

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    He's a california republican, which means he's rich enough to hate taxes...and that's about it.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    Sometimes I sell my stuff on Ebay
  • RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    edited June 2020
    Phoenix-D wrote: »
    x8ez8flumqlx.png

You'd think they would just ignore it like they ignore
    Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me

or
    “Do not think that I have come to abolish the law or the prophets; I have come not to abolish but to fulfill. For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth pass away, not one letter, not one stroke of a letter, will pass from the law until all is accomplished. Therefore, whoever breaks one of the least of these commandments, and teaches others to do the same, will be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever does them and teaches them will be called great in the kingdom of heaven. For I tell you, unless your righteousness exceeds that of the scribes and Pharisees, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.

or (edit: this is saying every bit of the Old Testament is still in full effect)
    Paul wrote:
    I desire, then, that in every place the men should pray, lifting up holy hands without anger or argument; also that the women should dress themselves modestly and decently in suitable clothing, not with their hair braided, or with gold, pearls, or expensive clothes, but with good works, as is proper for women who profess reverence for God. Let a woman learn in silence with full submission. I permit no woman to teach or to have authority over a man; she is to keep silent. For Adam was formed first, then Eve; and Adam was not deceived, but the woman was deceived and became a transgressor. Yet she will be saved through childbearing, provided they continue in faith and love and holiness, with modesty.
    or
    But a man named Ananias, with the consent of his wife Sapphira, sold a piece of property; with his wife’s knowledge, he kept back some of the proceeds, and brought only a part and laid it at the apostles’ feet. “Ananias,” Peter asked, “why has Satan filled your heart to lie to the Holy Spirit and to keep back part of the proceeds of the land? While it remained unsold, did it not remain your own? And after it was sold, were not the proceeds at your disposal? How is it that you have contrived this deed in your heart? You did not lie to us but to God!” Now when Ananias heard these words, he fell down and died. And great fear seized all who heard of it. The young men came and wrapped up his body, then carried him out and buried him.

After an interval of about three hours his wife came in, not knowing what had happened. Peter said to her, “Tell me whether you and your husband sold the land for such and such a price.” And she said, “Yes, that was the price.” Then Peter said to her, “How is it that you have agreed together to put the Spirit of the Lord to the test? Look, the feet of those who have buried your husband are at the door, and they will carry you out.” Immediately she fell down at his feet and died. When the young men came in they found her dead, so they carried her out and buried her beside her husband. And great fear seized the whole church and all who heard of these things.

RiemannLives on
    Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
    10 minutes after work ends and a network device in one of our datacenters goes offline, and takes our VPN and other things with it.

Fun times.

• VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    today was p good

roasted some sweet potatoes

painted a bunch of warhammer

mailed some stuff i ebayed

work in there somewhere

and now i just crushed a sweet potato burrito and am drinking a beer

• VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Atomika wrote: »
    I just remembered i pulled a Justin Trudeau when in highschool...

That bums me out.

You wore blackface or you were biologically fathered by Fidel Castro?

he fucked a pig

• 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Vanguard wrote: »

That bums me out.

he fucked a pig

wait, who fucked a pig?

That bums me out.

he fucked a pig

wait, who fucked a pig?

one of the british pms

they made a black mirror episode about it

before it was public knowledge

david cameron i think?

• AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular

That bums me out.

he fucked a pig

wait, who fucked a pig?

That was David Cameron

• RedTideRedTide Registered User regular
    Doodmann wrote: »
    He's a california republican, which means he's rich enough to hate taxes...and that's about it.

Dudes a pretty major misogynist in real life and probably has a history as a sex pest but I wish he was the great Satan and not one of the good ones when it comes to the GOP.

RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
  • EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    edited June 2020
    I touched on this a lil in the BLM thread but I fucking despise the "Western Traditionalist" fetishism that's become the new front in fash propaganda

Jordan Peterson, Western_Trad, Sargon of Akkad, Cernovich, and all the tendrils of TPUSA

It's just such an openly disingenuous movement, one that very frankly just lies and moralizes (in the stale guise of rationalism and "objectivity") about various philosophical, aesthetic, historical, lit-critical, you-name-it-aspects of the culture industry. They are so openly dishonest about their premises; so smug and condescending, so total in their complete desecration of their own fucking made-up "western culture" (these people conflate the values and aesthetics of late-medieval German architecture with French impressionism with Neoclassicalism with x with y with z)

The whole fucking right wing is so intellectually bankrupt and they think they're fucking geniuses

I mean I guess they are in the sense that they're making boatloads of money off the grift

Eddy on
    "and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited June 2020
    Kana wrote: »
    excuse me samurai from the Tokugawa Shogunate wouldn't have typically had a manbun, the chonmage was more about shaving the top of the head and then just having a small oiled topknot secured on the top of the head.

The manbun look is more from modern samurai movies who want to go for the samurai look while still looking fuckable

Are you telling me Sakamoto Ryoma was looking fuckable?

Edit: I know this is early Meiji but still :P

Sakamoto_Ryoma.jpg

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
    Eddy wrote: »
    I touched on this a lil in the BLM thread but I fucking despise the "Western Traditionalist" fetishism that's become the new front in fash propaganda

Jordan Peterson, Western_Trad, Sargon of Akkad, Cernovich, and all the tendrils of TPUSA

It's just such an openly disingenuous movement, one that very frankly just lies and moralizes (in the stale guise of rationalism and "objectivity") about various philosophical, aesthetic, historical, lit-critical, you-name-it-aspects of the culture industry. They are so openly dishonest about their premises; so smug and condescending, so total in their complete desecration of their own fucking made-up "western culture" (these people conflate the values and aesthetics of late-medieval German architecture with French impressionism with Neoclassicalism with x with y with z)

The whole fucking right wing is so intellectually bankrupt and they think they're fucking geniuses

I mean I guess they are in the sense that they're making boatloads of money off the grift

There is nothing more confident than a fool and his delusions.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular

Culture and identity change enormously during a single generation, let alone many generations, so that identity and its supremacy must be manufactured

There are plenty of manufacturing jobs thriving in the United States, strange as it is

I keep reading the headline as, “Amy McGrath wins Kentucky Derby”

• RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    should i use my considerable power to stop Brexit?

Yes please I will send Wispa

• ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    I keep reading the headline as, “Amy McGrath wins Kentucky Derby”
    more likely than the general

Don't talk to me like that EM, I'm gatekeeping this conversation until you've finally read Adorno

and if you've read Adorno recently without my knowledge or permission I'm adding Debord to the list

remember that tweet about the how the hot statue was western culture and then it turned out the statue was sculpted by a chinese woman

that statue had just rude ass tits

• Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    edited June 2020
    Is Jordan Peterson still memory-holed up in Russia after trying to do a medically induced coma to detox from his drug addiction? Last I heard, he has constant seizures and can neither speak nor write.

Hahnsoo1 on
    8i1dt37buh2m.png
    it's not On Liberty, it's Adorno

send tweet

David Hameron

Hahnsoo1 wrote: »
    Is Jordan Peterson still memory-holed up in Russia after trying to do a medically induced coma to detox from his drug addiction? Last I heard, he has constant seizures and can neither speak nor write.

I believe his daughter took up the asshole torch?

u7stthr17eud.png
    Don't talk to me like that EM, I'm gatekeeping this conversation until you've finally read Adorno

and if you've read Adorno recently without my knowledge or permission I'm adding Debord to the list

whenever i think about reading really heady bullshit i remember this
    On the Birth of a Son
    BY SU TUNG-PO
    TRANSLATED BY ARTHUR WALEY

Families when a child is born
    Hope it will turn out intelligent.
    I, through intelligence
    Having wrecked my whole life,
    Only hope that the baby will prove
    Ignorant and stupid.
    Then he'll be happy all his days
    And grow into a cabinet minister.

edited June 2020
    What completely triggered me was this tweet

The level of ignorance and misinformation necessary to promote this kind of thinking is so profound on so many levels and in so many different fields that you could teach a course on how stupid this tweet is

Eddy on
  • Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    i prefer cheese wife to pistol wife

one is infinitely less likely to kill someone in cold blood

Pistol wife looks

And I can’t stress this enough

So stupid and funny despite holding a deadly weapon

What completely triggered me was this tweet

The level of ignorance and misinformation necessary to promote this kind of thinking is so profound on so many levels that you could teach a course on how stupid this tweet is

Worker bees can leave.
    Even drones can fly away.
    The Queen is their slave.

Elendil wrote: »
    remember that tweet about the how the hot statue was western culture and then it turned out the statue was sculpted by a chinese woman

that statue had just rude ass tits

I really hate that meme so much

• bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Bandai Namco ‘Play Anime Live’ showcase set for July 22

EucIfYY.gif

Hahnsoo1 wrote: »

She brought him back into America a few months back. He posted a while ago about writing a new book and he’s relatively active on Twitter complaining about censorship in universities and other boogeymen

• CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    God, that statue is really fucking hot tho

This discussion has been closed.