As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Day the Music Died - Act I: Rock Rebellion - A [Phalla] - It's Over!

• Options
    LocusLocus Trust Me The seaRegistered User regular
    As of now, we are planning to go ahead with running the game with 21 players. Pending working out some minor re-balancing, and my work schedule today, we will either start the game this afternoon or tomorrow (EDT).

@H3Knuckles, you are welcome to join the game proper at any time before we get started, but don't feel any obligation to do so. We can leave you as a reserve.

• Options
    Tomorrow it is!

• Options
    GreenGreen Stick around. I'm full of bad ideas.Registered User regular
    I didn't play the first game, but I'll sign up for this one

I snagged Control on sale recently, and ever since the Ashtray Maze this has not left my daily playlists (some game spoilers in the lyrics)

https://youtu.be/k0QsHKH77MI

Also,

• Options
    Role PMs going out shortly!

The game will begin once all roles have been distributed. Day One will end tomorrow, at 9 PM EDT (about 33 hours from now).

• Options
    IN THE BEGINNING

Back in 1959, the Day the Music Died.

The Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost arrived.

Among the three of them, the world was divided. To the Father went Classical. To the Son went Folk. To the Holy Ghost went Jazz. And so on it went, each genre in its turn was bestowed to one of the Trinity, for each of them to guide and protect and cherish. Every genre that ever was, or ever will be.

But Rock and Roll was special, for Rock and Roll was precious to each of the Trinity. The Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost could each lay claim to Rock and Roll, and Rock and Roll could lay claim to each of them. But Rock and Roll also possessed a rebellious spirit. It chafed at control, at containment. It chafed at stagnation. The Trinity represented control. It represented containment. With that control and containment would inevitably come stagnation.

Such was the reputation of the Trinity, such was the honor with which they had been bestowed, that even Rock and Roll exalted in their ascension. But that did not change that Rock and Roll was still special. The Trinity, amongst themselves, agreed that they would each lay claim to their both share and to all of Rock and Roll, so that Rock and Roll would be a place where all could gather and dwell and partake.

And so Rock and Roll was both divided and whole, both controlled and free. Each of the Trinity established their presence within Rock and Roll, and Rock and Roll was satisfied with the arrangement. All who dwelled in Rock and Roll chose their path, and lived within it. Thus was the installation of the Trinity completed, and the Day the Music Died receded into the past.

Over time, even Rock and Roll grew accustomed to control, for with it came peace and stability, and a flourishing, though some would deny it. Even so, there were others who still remembered and yearned for Rock and Roll's rebellious nature. There were some who still chafed at control. The Trinity had withdrawn for some time, but there were some who remembered their example, and remembered what Rock and Roll had been, and could yet be. They knew that the fire of rebellion remained in the heart of Rock and Roll.

But you can't start a fire without a spark.

All role PMs are out, and Day One has begun! The day will end at 9 PM EDT.

• Options
    MamaWolfMamaWolf The wolf pack guides all to safetyRegistered User regular
    Lets kick this thing off right shall we?? It's been a while. I think I was day 1'd last time?? Maybe? I don't remember that far back. I don't remember any grudges neither. It is nice to be a regular ol' villager.

Anyway hi!

"May the moon watch over you and keep you safe through the night, 'till the morning comes and MamaWolf can protect you through the day"
  • Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    MamaWolf wrote: »
    Lets kick this thing off right shall we?? It's been a while. I think I was day 1'd last time?? Maybe? I don't remember that far back. I don't remember any grudges neither. It is nice to be a regular ol' villager.

Anyway hi!

Sounds like something a mafia member would say....

• Options

Anyway hi!

Sounds like something a mafia member would say....

Probably after being mafia the last few games I played, don't know how else to act!! @kime gets it right???

"May the moon watch over you and keep you safe through the night, 'till the morning comes and MamaWolf can protect you through the day"
  • Options
    After reviewing I think my last phalla was the Mandalorian one and I don't believe I was day 1'd, but again don't remember for sure

• Options
    JPantsJPants Registered User regular
    Holy crap that was a great opening narration! Instant classic! No pun intended, but that got me pretty jazzed, not gonna lie!

Alright folks! Lets rock!
    I apologize for nothing, i regret nothing! [/spoilers]

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    So the mafia is this guy, I take it:

https://youtu.be/fnyCJDYONSU

Soon you'll be listening to jazz.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    After reviewing I think my last phalla was the Mandalorian one and I don't believe I was day 1'd, but again don't remember for sure

I definitely got day 1'd in the Mandalorian phalla, but I suppose that's what happens when you publicly announce your plan to cook and eat baby Yoda.

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Hello I am mafia how do you do?

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    GizzyGizzy i am a cat PhoenixRegistered User regular
    Hello, fine thank you. I am also mafia. How do you do?

Switch Animal Crossing Friend Code: SW-5107-9276-1030
    Island Name: Felinefine
  • Options
    InvictusInvictus Registered User regular
    Alright, everybody, here I am and I think I'm going to do the dangerous thing and say some stuff about my role PM, as I think sharing information generally benefits the village. I am vanilla, but my role PM is chock full of info that might be pure fluff but honestly I think instead has some mechanical role or other. In particular, I am a member of a house, which is a year, and my house has a patron which is one of the Trinity, and my house has house words. I am assuming the house words are a way for me to identify myself to other members of my house, but I don't currently know the purpose of the patron.

Generalísimo de Fuerzas Armadas de la República Argentina
  • Options
    BluecyanBluecyan Buzz.. Buzz Buzz? BUZZ! Buzz buzz BuzzRegistered User regular
    kime wrote: »

That's weird... if you're mafia then why aren't you on the proboards? This sounds like village trickery!

Going to toss out a vote on ObiFett just to have something on the books. No more star wars phalla protection for you!

Player order on OP appears to have been updated from the order of sign up.

• Options
    Bluecyan wrote: »
    kime wrote: »

That's weird... if you're mafia then why aren't you on the proboards? This sounds like village trickery!.

That's because they haven't been accepted yet silly goose!! We're all waiting....

• Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    I heard that shalmelo doesn't want to rock 'n roll all night, nor party every day.

• Options
    WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited June 2020
    30 Seconds to Mars demands !JusticeforPluto

Wildcat on
  • Options
    WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    Wildcat wrote: »
    30 Seconds to Mars demands !JusticeforPluto

Darn vote post typos. !JusticeforPluto.

• Options
    Day 1 vote for Green cause spouse is mafia I say

• Options
    GreenGreen Stick around. I'm full of bad ideas.Registered User regular
    MamaWolf for this unconscionable libel!

• Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    !Bluecyan because I see through his clever attempt to make my post the wrong color.

• Options
    Invictus wrote: »
    Alright, everybody, here I am and I think I'm going to do the dangerous thing and say some stuff about my role PM, as I think sharing information generally benefits the village. I am vanilla, but my role PM is chock full of info that might be pure fluff but honestly I think instead has some mechanical role or other. In particular, I am a member of a house, which is a year, and my house has a patron which is one of the Trinity, and my house has house words. I am assuming the house words are a way for me to identify myself to other members of my house, but I don't currently know the purpose of the patron.

What's the reason for sharing all this publicly? I could see one or two of the bits but now the mafia know exactly what kinda stuff they need to "pass" and the value of those specifics as a means for villagers to soft confirm is pretty much gone.

• Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    You're assuming that he's shared everything he knows, and that the mafia didn't already have this information.

• Options
    edited June 2020
    Heffling wrote: »
    You're assuming that he's shared everything he knows, and that the mafia didn't already have this information.

I mean, I have a villager role as well so I have a pretty good idea how much he's shared. And I suppose the mafia could have been given cover roles so maybe no harm done, but I still think "what was the purpose there" is a decent question.

Edit: Read his post again and he answers right at the beginning: "I think sharing info generally benefits the village". That's as good a reason as any. Lord knows I've had worse reasons for doing some shit in these games.

JPants on
  • Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    jdarksun wrote: »
    I heard that shalmelo doesn't want to rock 'n roll all night, nor party every day.

I don't remember anyone here calling the party police, Officer Buzzkill jdarksun.

I choose to party all night and rock'n'roll every day, and I'm not about to let you or Gene Simmons shame me for it.

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular

Anyway hi!

Hi Mamawolf!

Well that's my contribution, this game is so easy guys

• Options
    JPants wrote: »
    Invictus wrote: »

What's the reason for sharing all this publicly? I could see one or two of the bits but now the mafia know exactly what kinda stuff they need to "pass" and the value of those specifics as a means for villagers to soft confirm is pretty much gone.

For the record, my house name is not a year.
    So, I assume Invictus is getting that out there.

Good luck to the mafia guessing the year without a cover story.

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    JPants wrote: »

I mean, I have a villager role as well so I have a pretty good idea how much he's shared. And I suppose the mafia could have been given cover roles so maybe no harm done, but I still think "what was the purpose there" is a decent question.

Edit: Read his post again and he answers right at the beginning: "I think sharing info generally benefits the village". That's as good a reason as any. Lord knows I've had worse reasons for doing some shit in these games.

Could also be hoping to get the rest of his faction(lovers?) together, ideally before being gunned down. Ballsy, but hey.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    And, uh, if vote really does close tonight, I guess I'll say !Heffling, as the first one without a vote that I saw.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    CJ iwakura

• Options
    romanqwertyromanqwerty Registered User regular
    Is voting for kime still a thing?
    Also does vote close in 5 hours or 29 hours? Timezones be wack y'all.

• Options
    Day One ends in about 26 hours.

• Options
    discrider wrote: »

Anyway hi!

Hi Mamawolf!

Oh yeah! Hi Discrider I forgot about our spats!! I've missed them so!! I think it's your turn to be mafia though!!

• Options
    discrider wrote: »

Anyway hi!

Hi Mamawolf!

Oh yeah! Hi Discrider I forgot about our spats!! I've missed them so!! I think it's your turn to be mafia though!!

Nah I just got this line in my role PM:
    You never imagined that someone would think you’re nefarious.

And that's sort of hilarious.
    Who would've thought?
    I am still the village though.

• Options
    BluecyanBluecyan Buzz.. Buzz Buzz? BUZZ! Buzz buzz BuzzRegistered User regular
    !Bluecyan because I see through his clever attempt to make my post the wrong color.

There, fixed up the color for you there.
    jdarksun wrote: »

Jeez, I'm getting old. I'm fine with the partying all day, but I need a good nights sleep to do so. Now-a-days I just want to wax nostalgically about the bygone days, when life was simpler. Maybe recount some bittersweet stories about people from the small towns of America. Not about the stars that burn out in the night sky but about just normal people, you know, the folks.

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Here's a hypothetical situation for you to solve:

You made a cake for your wife's birthday today. And you made cream cheese frosting. And then you tried it. Now you want to eat it all and the cake's not out of the oven yet. What is the solution.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    38thDoe wrote: »

You made a cake for your wife's birthday today. And you made cream cheese frosting. And then you tried it. Now you want to eat it all and the cake's not out of the oven yet. What is the solution.

1) Commence work on second cake.

2) Eat first cake.

3) ???

4) Profit.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• Options
    38thDoe wrote: »

Is it actually her birthday?