As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Destiny 2] What We Do in the Shadows (Beyond Light expansion coming Nov. 10!)

• Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    Way back when Forsaken came out, I believe Secret Victories was exclusive to Blind Well completions and perhaps Heroic Blind Well completions. But it also had alternate "skins", one of which you acquired from completing all of the Ascendant Challenge Time Trials.

Now that every emblem is its own thing, it may be that each "skin" of Secret Victories counts as Secret Victories, which would explain the conflicting information.

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Namrok wrote: »
    So I'm racing to get the Wayfarer title. Pretty much the only thing I've got left is one Legendary Dreaming City weapon, 1 more Escalation Protocol Weapon, and the Secret Victories Emblem.

I'm finding conflicting information about the emblem. Some places think it's a random drop from the well activity in Dreaming City. Some say it drops from doing all 6 Ascendant Challenges. Some say it's just totally random from planetary chests. Any completionist here have more concrete info?

It’s a guaranteed drop if you do all 6 ascendant challenges, and it has a drop chance in the blind well. One is guaranteed and the other is random, so it’s up to you how you want to chase after it.

I don’t know if random chests can give it to you or not.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited June 2020
    Elki wrote: »
    So I'm racing to get the Wayfarer title. Pretty much the only thing I've got left is one Legendary Dreaming City weapon, 1 more Escalation Protocol Weapon, and the Secret Victories Emblem.

I'm finding conflicting information about the emblem. Some places think it's a random drop from the well activity in Dreaming City. Some say it drops from doing all 6 Ascendant Challenges. Some say it's just totally random from planetary chests. Any completionist here have more concrete info?

It’s a guaranteed drop if you do all 6 ascendant challenges, and it has a drop chance in the blind well. One is guaranteed and the other is random, so it’s up to you how you want to chase after it.

I don’t know if random chests can give it to you or not.

I've never heard of it coming from random planetary chests.

The base emblem is from doing all the ascendant challenges. There are two variants though, one from a random drop from Blind Well, and the other from getting all the ascendant realm time trial triumphs.

It had been that if you got either of the latter two, it'd automatically give you the base (though...I'm not sure how you'd get the time trials without doing the challenges themselves, so that is kind of a given); but it was patched so that the base Secret Victories is only gotten via the normal method. As stated though, this only really effected the Blind Well variant, as it was where people were getting the base one for "free" previously.

So, long story short, I don't think there's any way around doing it the long way with the ascendant realms each week. Unless it was a secret insert into a patch sometime, anyone claiming to have gotten it from a random planetary chest (or from the Blind Well post 2.8.0) would need to provide more than just a claim as evidence. I would assume it wasn't an option and don't go chasing chests for it. You've got time before stuff goes away to hit the ascendant challenges beforehand, and it'd be far less mind numbing to do them than to aimlessly hunt chests in the Dreaming City on the off chance that random internet person actually did get an emblem that is known to be gotten from a specific method otherwise, was right.

EDIT: jesus christ I have issues. I loaded up braytech to look up something for this post and noticed that it has marked all the triumphs that will be sunsetted and my immediate reaction, despite not playing for months and not having a ton of desire to play otherwise, was: "shit, I better get that taken care of!" :rotate: fuck me.

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    Holy crap, Saladin actually lets you get Engrams from him for tokens without having to complete the week's quest first. Thank you!

• Options
    VagabondVagabond Sans Gravitas Glimmer Mafia DonRegistered User regular
    Owenashi wrote: »
    Holy crap, Saladin actually lets you get Engrams from him for tokens without having to complete the week's quest first. Thank you!

Careful, they won't contain armor until you finish the quest. Or at least, they're not supposed to.

vq2TEKC.png
    XBL: Sans Gravitas, Steam, Destiny, Twitch
    Destiny Raid Groups: Team NATBurn, Team Fourth Meal (Disbanded)
  • Options
    Vagabond wrote: »
    Owenashi wrote: »

Careful, they won't contain armor until you finish the quest. Or at least, they're not supposed to.

Btw, the seasonal IB quest is the easiest one yet. 25 auto kills, 25 sidearm kills.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited June 2020
    Whoever keeps touting this umbral shit as good, I dont quite agree, I got a powerful reward as an umbral engram from the Gunsmith, focused it to armor and it fucking dropped 3 PL.

From 1036 to 1033.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Wait... what? The Gunsmith powerful rewards come after 8 bounties and they aren't engrams, they're just an item. You hit enter after talking to him and he gives you a weapon (not sure if Gunsmith ever gives armor). Are you sure you didn't just have an Umbral on you from the outside world, nothing to do with the Gunsmith?

• Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited July 2020
    Yes, I’m sure. (Also Gunsmith can definitely give armor too, he gave me a chestpiece last week when I was expecting a gun.)

Gunsmith can most definitely give Umbrals and he did, a 1036 Umbral Engram (my average light is 1032), which was at minimum 3 levels higher than my other Umbrals and 4 levels above my average light.

sw8npmcmlcrk.jpeg

The others here are 1031, 1032 and 1033.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    StupidStupid Newcastle, NSWRegistered User regular
    edited July 2020
    Stupid wrote: »
    Okay, need some advice on loadouts...

I've been using Hoarfrost in my kinetic slot and Gnawing Hunger is the elemental. I really want to go back to my favorite weapon (pulse rifles) but can't give up the elemental auto yet. So that means a kinetic pulse. I've narrowed it down to two options: Vigilance Wing or Cold Denial.

The VigiWing seems like a solid plan and I really enjoy using it but that uses my exotic on a primary. If I go with Cold Denial I think it can be pretty comparable in effectiveness (with a good roll) and frees me up to use an exotic heavy. But I'm not sure what heavy to use in that slot to pair with the Cold Denial.

I'm currently favoring 21% Delirium in the heavy slot (because it shreds even with super poor aim) but that's going to sunset at the end of the season so I should be looking for alternatives now.

Suggestions?

Is there a reason you're not going with Bygones as your kinetic pulse? Or Blast Furnace? Because you should do one of those two. Regarding heavy, that should vary based on activity. Numerous good choices for heavy slot. The new machine gun from this season seems fine, presuming you have the season pass, focus engrams on weapons until you get one. If not, consider throwing tokens at the Vanguard for some of the different grenade launchers available.
    I have really REALLY poor aim. Like, imagine if someone were actually trying to miss - and then make it worse. That's me. When I use a fast-firing pulse like Bygones, what I end up doing is missing the first burst completely, tracking the crosshair over the target during the "pause", and then firing again on the opposite side of the target. It ends up being a comedy show where I will empty a magazine into the air surrounding a target and never actually hit them. A pulse that has a slower burst cadence lets me start firing before I get lined up and the last couple of bullets will still hit.

For the same reason, I avoid grenade launchers as much as I can. I'm about 1 in 3 hits on a grenade launcher so the effective DPS (in my hands) is pretty abysmal. Machineguns work best for me because I can spray shots all over and even if only a moderate percentage of them actually connect, it's still pretty darn okay.

I don't have a Blast Furnace and I'm not sure investing the time to get one now would be worthwhile with the impending sunset.

Thanks for the suggestions though.

Stupid on

26904.png
  • Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    edited July 2020
    Sirialis wrote: »
    Yes, I’m sure.

Gunsmith can most definitely give Umbrals and he did, a 1036 Umbral Engram (my average light is 1032), which was at minimum 3 levels higher than my other Umbrals and 4 levels above my average light.

sw8npmcmlcrk.jpeg

The others here are 1031, 1032 and 1033.

Huh, didn't know that was possible. When I searched it, people are saying don't focus if the result is going to be powerful. Don't know if bug or if Bungie is stupid.

Stupid, on what you said, sunsetting isn't THAT impending. You won't be able to use Blast Furnace at the highest levels of content in September. Are you even playing the highest levels of content now? You can earn a Blast Furnace in like... an hour if you have access to the Black Armory.

shoeboxjeddy on
  • Options
    I also get powerful umbrals from the gunsmith. I didn’t focus them when I was leveling, because the preview shows you what their new light level will be and it’s lower, but it would be easy for a lot of people to miss out on a powerful by doing just that. It just shouldn’t give an engram, I don’t know why they made that change.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    Focusing sets the last unfocused umbral engram in your inventory to your current level, regardless of if it's lower or higher to start. If you want to use a higher power engram you have to do it unfocused. If you pair the pinnacle level umbral engram you can get from completing a challenge with the first-three-a-week powerful bonus, you can push the power up even higher.

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Seems like a pretty shit system if you can take a Powerful reward and make it less powerful. It should only go up, not down, doesn't make sense in any way you spin it.

• Options
    DodgeBlanDodgeBlan PSN: dodgeblanRegistered User regular
    Opty wrote: »
    Focusing sets the last unfocused umbral engram in your inventory to your current level, regardless of if it's lower or higher to start. If you want to use a higher power engram you have to do it unfocused. If you pair the pinnacle level umbral engram you can get from completing a challenge with the first-three-a-week powerful bonus, you can push the power up even higher.

lol

Read my blog about AMERICA and THE BAY AREA

https://medium.com/@alascii
  • Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    Unfocused engrams have a decent chance of being an exotic too afaik, so sometimes it's worth opening them that way.

• Options
    Seems like a pretty shit system if you can take a Powerful reward and make it less powerful. It should only go up, not down, doesn't make sense in any way you spin it.

I've never seen that happen personally. It's super dumb if it lets you do that.

But the overall system is pretty damn good imo. And for the most part quite clear since it will always tell you exactly the level the engram will be at.

• Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    shryke wrote: »

I've never seen that happen personally. It's super dumb if it lets you do that.

But the overall system is pretty damn good imo. And for the most part quite clear since it will always tell you exactly the level the engram will be at.

I'll confirm the gunsmith thing as I did it too. It was in the middle of Forge shennigans so it wasn't worth getting salty over but it is definitely a thing. Also kind of sucks the transmute screen doesn't show you the light of what you are transmuting from.

This is the kind of shit that makes folks say it feels like they don't actually play the game themselves.

Or test.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    NamrokNamrok Registered User regular
    Man, you know what I hate even more than sidearms? When the singular sidearm kill I'm getting per iron banner match doesn't get fucking counted?

I've been getting this sporadically with crucible bounty tracking. Matches just go down the memory whole. Don't count towards the challenges, none of the kills count towards bounties, nothing.

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Man, you know what I hate even more than sidearms? When the singular sidearm kill I'm getting per iron banner match doesn't get fucking counted?

I've been getting this sporadically with crucible bounty tracking. Matches just go down the memory whole. Don't count towards the challenges, none of the kills count towards bounties, nothing.

Give me all of the sidearms. Especially anything that feels like the Hakke sidearms (Minimum Distance, I think?). I haven't been able to get one since and, I miss it.

But that bug where it's not counting your kills is bullshit.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    My recommendation for Sidearm is rapidfire type, like Smugglers Word/Death by Scorn. It's a crispy gun, and can roll Full Auto which is what I like. Just lay on the trigger and aim for the throat.

• Options
    BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    This "gift 2 subs on Twitch and get an emblem, shader, and trials of osiris tokens" feels....dirty.

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Some sidearms that fire a three-round burst that feel just like a short range pulse rifle. Those rock.

EDIT - This is exactly what Jay was saying. Smuggler's Word, Death by Scorn, Last Dance.

EDIT2 - Breachlight!! (Was my favorite gun from Season of Dawn)

Stupid on

26904.png
  • Options
    Okay so this might actually be a decent IB despite the lack of new stuff to chase. Was having fun using this Ikelos HC in the Banner, paired with Arby. Something about it felt right.
    y7gv2pjf3wu9.png

Then I got this absolute Chad of a piece for arms, of course I run Shinobu's but still... This is gross
    lipjiovcf3m7.png

• Options
    edited July 2020
    My recommendation for Sidearm is rapidfire type, like Smugglers Word/Death by Scorn. It's a crispy gun, and can roll Full Auto which is what I like. Just lay on the trigger and aim for the throat.
    I have full auto Smuggler Word / Death by Scorn's and I love them to death. Even after sunset, they will remain for Crucible.

The Suros sidearm from IB seems potentially good. Inherent full auto and the one I got for the quest rolled a Fool's Remedy with -
    Control SAS sight
    Armor Piercing or High Caliber rounds
    Moving Target
    Kill Clip
    with a Range masterwork.

Also! For those who haven't done the IB quest yet, get it on 3 characters before you complete it. It's account wide and can only finish it once, but when you do, it's bugged (DESTINY) and all three characters get the reward. In other words, one completion got me 3 Forward Path rolls and 3 Fool's Remedy.

I don't think a single thing this season didn't have some sort of glitch lol.

(Death by Scorn still seems WAY better, statistically).

Bizazedo on
  • Options
    Some angel on my team was running weapons of light when I did banner yesterday, and sidearms are just silly with that buff. Got most of my kills in one game, because people will still walk up to a bubble. God bless them.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    HugglesHuggles Registered User regular
    Anyone wanting to party up for iconic bananarang: give me (NAJBAR-AJO) a shout if you see me online. I'm on UK time but should be around most of the weekend too.

• Options
    Bizazedo wrote: »
    The Suros sidearm from IB seems potentially good. Inherent full auto and the one I got for the quest rolled a Fool's Remedy with -
    Control SAS sight
    Moving Target
    Kill Clip
    with a Range masterwork.
    /sigh

It's not, it's terrible compared to Death by Scorn or Last Dance.

• Options
    DysDys how am I even using this gun Registered User regular
    Control SAS sight
    Moving Target
    Kill Clip
    with a Range masterwork.
    /sigh

It's not, it's terrible compared to Death by Scorn or Last Dance.

Yeah, I used the sidearm you can get randomly from forges and those two are the same archetype.

You kind of have to spam bullets and make sure your encounters are both ones you start, and that it is just you and your one opponent around.

• Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    edited July 2020
    Any full auto sidearm with kill clip is a melt machine if you pair with Trick Sleeves and learn to proc both kill clip and the exotic perk together.
    Even without abusing that (assuming it still stacks, I never heard about them removing it) the full auto sidearms are amazing as clean up weapons for snipers and bows in a way that no burst can quite match up to.
    The skill floor isn't quite as low as the burst sidearms though oddly enough, which I think makes the less versatile in dueling so thats a mark against them.

Dyvim Tvar on
    Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options
    NamrokNamrok Registered User regular
    Well, my difficulties with not being able to hit anything with a sidearm aside, I did complete my second ascendant challenge towards the Secret Victories badge, so there is that. Do some escalation protocol this week, 5 nessus heroic missions, one last Dreaming City legendary drop, and my checklist for Destinations this week is complete.

Last week I got super lucky, and scores the Escalation Protocol SMG on my first run of it. Took something like 20 to get the shotgun the week before. Fingers crossed the sniper rifle isn't too elusive.

• Options
    I accidentally completed the IB quest on my hunter and forgot about the bug, but before I talked to Saladin, i logged in on my Titan and it cashed in the quest there (and I still got the quest rewards on my Hunter too). So only one I didn't get it on is my Warlock and tbh, I'll be ok.

• Options
    ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    Got a HC/Moving Target/RF on the quest reward for fools remedy. Not sure it will dethrone my current fav Last Dance with MT/KC, but that's a really solid roll.

• Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    CBMM Iron Banner is way more fun on the whole than it had been, but A) connections are mostly dogshit nonetheless and B) so many games abide by a certain flow of close games that suddenly devolve into super chaining. Maybe that’s just how Control always flows, but I wonder if the greater density of full-team point captures accelerates the super chains.

• Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    y7gv2pjf3wu9.png

Man, I really wanna get my hands on the new IKELOS guns as soon as I can. Such a pain that two of them only show up in Prophecy though.

• Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    I got a Kill Clip / Fourth Time's the Charm sidearm, which acts as a decent replacement to my Dead Man Walking from forges with Kill Clip / Threat Detector. I'll miss the boosts from TD, but it's offset by the effectively larger magazine from FTTC. PvE-wise.

Now if only I could've gotten good rolls of anything else from the stack of ~1000 tokens I dumped on Saladin.

• Options
    The range and stability on Fool's Remedy just don't make it worth using if you have a full auto last dance, for example. Shame :(.

• Options
    I accidentally completed the IB quest on my hunter and forgot about the bug, but before I talked to Saladin, i logged in on my Titan and it cashed in the quest there (and I still got the quest rewards on my Hunter too). So only one I didn't get it on is my Warlock and tbh, I'll be ok.

There's a bug?

• Options
    I don't know if it is the larger playerbase or that I'm going in at a slightly higher power level than average players, but I'm actually not at the bottom of the leaderboard in many of my Iron Banner games! Of course when my randomly matchmade team gets put up against a six-stack that's not a lot of fun.

26904.png
  • Options
    shryke wrote: »

There's a bug?

From up thread:

Also! For those who haven't done the IB quest yet, get it on 3 characters before you complete it. It's account wide and can only finish it once, but when you do, it's bugged (DESTINY) and all three characters get the reward. In other words, one completion got me 3 Forward Path rolls and 3 Fool's Remedy.

I don't think a single thing this season didn't have some sort of glitch lol