As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Arknights] Drillelectric Banner & Paid Anniv G5*!

• shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Whelp, I wish I could done this sooner (as many of you have mentioned that she was super useful), but did my first promotion to E2 with Myrtle!

Also did a one pull on the banner and got a dupe Silence. Eh, I'll take it.

High five, I E2'd Myrtle last night. Next up, Ifrit.

• FeldornFeldorn Mediocre Registered User regular
    I went 10 pulls in to get Manticore

• Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    I should level Myrtle but I already have like 2 E2 vanguards and three at or near E1Cap. So I stubbornly refuse to for now.

• ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    I planned to blow 10 pulls for the pity 5*, stopped after 5 with a dupe Red.

As much as I want Ifrit, I think I'm saving everything else to go all in for Blaze because she looks cool as hell.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Feldorn wrote: »

I'll take her off your hands if you don't want her.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
    Feldorn wrote: »

I'll take her off your hands if you don't want her.

Nah, I think she’s a keeper :biggrin:

I haven’t pulled the trigger on Ethan, so I was missing this role.

• SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
  • OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2020
    tfw Ch'en's s2m2 takes 8 RMA70s and then m3 takes 6 D32 steel on top of 4 polyester lumps

both RMA and polyester lumps require aketons

well played, arknights

Orphane on
    edited June 2020
    Whelp, I wish I could done this sooner (as many of you have mentioned that she was super useful), but did my first promotion to E2 with Myrtle!

Also did a one pull on the banner and got a dupe Silence. Eh, I'll take it.

High five, I E2'd Myrtle last night. Next up, Ifrit.

Me, last night: well, it took all my stamina but I put together the necessary 6 caster chips and 3 catalysts to be ready to promote Ifrit.

Ifrit: You mean 8 caster chips and 4 catalysts, yeah?

Me: Wha....

So yeah, not there yet.

Edit: Oh, with lucky timing, the monthly calendar threw me a catalyst today, so just the chips and LMD needed.

shoeboxjeddy on
    Screenshot_20200630-120507_Arknights.jpg

I'm shook

shoutouts to me being so excited that I hit the volume button when taking the screen cap

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    did 5 10 pulls, got dupe hellagur.

on banner shit in this game is quite literally a lie. never once gotten an on banner from a non-standard headhunting banner. it's just fucking so annoying. makes me want to quit honestly. the fact that it resets your pity timer for literal garbage is such a huge insult.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • LorekLorek Registered User regular
    Took all 10 pulls to get the guaranteed 5*, but oh so worth it.
    9th pull was the new 4* unit; 10th pull popped rainbow instead of a 5*; Blaze acquired!

Did my Blaze pull attempt, took 10 to hit the mercy which was... dupe Cliffheart. Frickin... yikes.

• Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    34 pulls in.

x9czsqq4g8m5.jpg

• MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Got done dirty by Arknights. Two 6* pulls but they were Angelina and Magellan. Waiting for tomorrow to buy out the gold cert headhunting tickets. Really want chainsaw cat

edited June 2020
    at least pulling Blaze didn't take as many pulls as it took me to pull Eyjafjalla

but also having to farm a brand new resource for Blaze's S7 :bigfrown:

unknown.png?width=1060&height=627

Orphane on
  • seasleepyseasleepy Registered User regular
    Got Blaze eventually, but I feel like I got the new employee at the gacha:
    "Hey, can I get a Blaze?"
    "Great, got your Haze right here!"
    "No, a Blaze."
    "Blaze....Blaze..................uh, this one, the firefighter?"
    "No, no, Blaze, she's got a chainsaw...?"
    *Popukar*
    "Uh, no, she's a 6 star? On the banner?"
    "Oh! Yeah, yeah, we just got those in, they're in the back, just a sec."

Steam | Nintendo: seasleepy | PSN: seasleepy1
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Madican wrote: »
    Got done dirty by Arknights. Two 6* pulls but they were Angelina and Magellan. Waiting for tomorrow to buy out the gold cert headhunting tickets. Really want chainsaw cat

Did you have them already? Because those aren't bad units to have by any means.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
    Polaritie wrote: »

Did you have them already? Because those aren't bad units to have by any means.

Yeah, already had 'em. Angelina is even E2

• vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    edited June 2020
    Single Pull: Red Dupe. Actually hella sweet with the -1 cost.

1st 10pull: Absolutely nothing.
    2nd 10pull: Greythroat and Ambriel.
    3rd 10pull: !BLAZE!, Greythroat potential 2, and Ambriel potential 2. Oh, and a potential 5 Skyfire.

Happy I didn't have to break the bank.

Still no Manticore nor Meteorite but the dupe Red is still very nice.

vagrant_winds on
    https://youtu.be/GQBt6nKupY0

this is how i did 6-7, which gives you a preset team but thankfully costs 0 sanity

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    I decided to log back in to try to pull blaze and got her first pull... of a ten pull wah waaah

BahamutZERO.gif
    I completed my Ifrit E2 today, finally. Being out of Contingency Contract just reminds me how much I HATE mobile game "engagement" systems. Every chip level but the one I needed is open on Sunday, so I'll grind money that day. Okay, got my drop on Monday, now I'll just grind the rest of my needed money... on Tuesday. It's so annoying and pointless.

The drops from the current event, what are they? I didn't see a notice anywhere explaining what they are...

edited July 2020
    yeah that's a big part of why I just don't like mobile games in general
    I think I burned out on this one because of the FOMO feelings of feeling obligated to keep my stamina from capping and checking in twice a day to burn it all and upkeeping the base and daily quests and leaving my phone idling but not completely unattended for a couple hours every monday for annihilation pull juice, even if I really didn't want to spend the time on it.

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
    edited July 2020
    See, I enjoy that I can actually play this on my phone instead of needing an emulator to make it not feel like complete shit. Easily the best UI for any mobile game/gacha that I've tried, and things like the auto system and practice tickets are great QoL.

I'm definitely still in the new gacha honeymoon phase, but I definitely enjoy the act of playing this game more than, say, FGO.

Edit: daily locked farming stages are definitely my least favorite gacha thing though, yeah. I was so excited when Granblue finally got rid of that.

ph blake on
    7h8wnycre6vs.png
    Got GreyThroat in a 10-pull, I don’t reckon I’ll try for Blaze because I don’t trust the rate-up

edited July 2020
    I wouldn't mind the check in to burn stamina and base maintenance twice a day thing if it was a lot faster and more streamlined, like if it just meant logging in and doing chores for 5 minutes instead of half an hour or an hour, it just takes... a... lot... of... time... babysitting... it... to... do... it... all...

I guess maybe you start asking why you're even doing that but I was driven away by how much effort the holding pattern daily grind takes rather than just losing interest in doing the daily grind.

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
    Time for pain. No pity coming in.

Single 1: 4*
    Single 3: 4*
    Single 4: 4*
    Single 5: Provence P4

zzz

Roll 1: Ambriel, Sora P2
    Roll 2: Manticore P2, Skyfire
    Roll 3: GreyThroat, Nearl Px

welp, that's the rest of the banner. zzzzz

Roll 4: 4*
    Roll 5: Angelina

goddammit, you're awesome but I just take you from supports because vagrant has a maxed version of you

Roll 6: Skyfire P2
    Roll 7: Angelina P2, Executor P3

????????????

Roll 8: 4*
    Roll 9: 4*

And out of banked resources. Buying out HH tickets from the shop...

Roll 10:
    KOH8GpDh.jpg
    Blaze

THANK FUCK

I sure love being the unluckiest person in the thread, as usual.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
    I just recently got fucked on Seto Kaiba in FGO so I feel your pain.

He's not even that good but goddamn I am just an absolute sucker for that visual design!

edited July 2020

He's not even that good but goddamn I am just an absolute sucker for that visual design!

Top Tier visual design. Top tier animation design. Top tier voice actor. Top tier husbando material.

And he's still a B+ gameplay wise. It's not like he's actually bad! (Though more CE or Party reliant for Star Absorption... good thing I have multiple good CEs for that.) He's just he is in a class where he has S+ competition!

I swear Gacha games go for the pain when you're rolling for waifus or husbandos.

vagrant_winds on
    And he's still a B+ gameplay wise. It's not like he's actually bad! (Though more CE or Party reliant for Star Aborbion... good thing I have multiple good CEs for that.) He's just he is in a class where he has S+ competition!

I swear Gacha games go for the pain when you're rolling for waifus or husbandos.
    Don't talk to me about how good gameplay wise Danzou and Yu are...

XNnw6Gk.jpg
    This is as far as I got tonight with stocked resources.

J6mdrsM.png

BhYaQ5I.png

E2 lvl70 and S2M1 started. And I am so completely out of EXP and LMD.

edited July 2020
    btw if you have her Waai Fu is extremely useful in any ch 6 map with ice spiders so long as you have her e1

also
    fmcayu0bew16.png

it's...a bit less of a challenge the second time around but mostly only because you already have an idea of what to expect

Orphane on
    Ouch. Bought out all the gold cert tickets, the green tickets, and even did an Annihilation for that bit of extra currency. Finally pulled a GreyThroat but when the bag burst into flame on the final single it was Eyjafjalla who popped out. So I guess I'll take my fire goat dupe and resume saving for the "secret" character coming in a couple months probably.

so what's Blaze's claim to fame over the 5 star AOE guards? Same song but more of it?

BahamutZERO.gif
    Her skill 2. Increases her range by 1 and gives her a large attack boost, as well as a defense boost, with an infinite duration once you charge it. Let's her do stuff like sit behind a defender and still hit things, or attack through walls, or just attack normally and shit out damage.

Mine is only E1 and SL6, but it already feels pretty unfair once you get her going.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
    so what's Blaze's claim to fame over the 5 star AOE guards? Same song but more of it?

she has a unique s2 where after an initial waiting period (80s at s7, 70s at m3) she permanently buffs her attack, defense, and attack range for the rest of the battle. the expanded range (2 squares instead of the normal 1) gives her increased flexibility in placement because you can now do stuff like place her behind a defender and she can both take care of any leakers and dps the mobs the defender is currently blocking, or she can hit over 1 block wide walls meaning she can dps two lanes at once. the applications aren't incredibly expanded compared to a normal aoe guard but still allows extra freedom for where you want to put her. the increased atk and def are also nothing to sneeze at since at m3 she doubles her attack and buffs her defense to slightly below baseline defender levels.

her s3 is an interesting one where she ramps up dps over time and then blows up in a burst of dmg, her s2 is definitely going to be the main reason you bring her though

she also has a CC reduction passive which can be relevant in Ch 6 due to the new frozen effect and a lifesaver talent similar to Specter's skill 2 but doesn't last as long and has a higher hp trigger threshold