As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Dissidia Mobile] Aranea you folks gonna skip the new Global First character?

• FryFry Registered User regular
    edited June 2020
    411Randle wrote: »
    Why is it always the characters from the FF I didn't play?

I have a couple thoughts about this:

1. I think they intentionally try to tune niche-appeal characters to a slightly higher power level, both to incentivize draws (loads of people will draw for Cloud no matter what, but who cares about someone from a random spinoff, or the comedy villains Reno and Rude from Cloud's game), and also to keep that character relevant for longer (because it'll be a long time before they are featured again, if ever)

2. They've dialed in the power creep pretty well - almost every new character starting recently and moving forward is very good, and characters getting revamps also are ending up at a good power level for the most part. Zidane EX is also on Keiss' banner, and while it has not been getting hype, between the rework and the EX+ Zidane is actually competent now.

Upcoming characters to be released, in approximate order:
    Keiss, Cloud of Darkness, Eald'narche, Trey, Amidatelion, Desch, Gabranth, Nine, Edward, Strago, Ardyn, Kurasame, Gladio, Reno, Rude, Xande

I haven't heard much about Trey or Strago one way or the other, but pretty much all the rest of those characters range from "excellent" to "omgWTFbbq"

Fry on
  • GroveGrove Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    Gabranth is my fav character ever. I am hoarding all my gems and tickets and everything for him.

Selling PS3 & 360 Madcatz TE Stick
  • StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Fry wrote: »
    411Randle wrote: »
    Why is it always the characters from the FF I didn't play?

I have a couple thoughts about this:

1. I think they intentionally try to tune niche-appeal characters to a slightly higher power level, both to incentivize draws (loads of people will draw for Cloud no matter what, but who cares about someone from a random spinoff, or the comedy villains Reno and Rude from Cloud's game), and also to keep that character relevant for longer (because it'll be a long time before they are featured again, if ever)

2. They've dialed in the power creep pretty well - almost every new character starting recently and moving forward is very good, and characters getting revamps also are ending up at a good power level for the most part. Zidane EX is also on Keiss' banner, and while it has not been getting hype, between the rework and the EX+ Zidane is actually competent now.

Upcoming characters to be released, in approximate order:
    Keiss, Cloud of Darkness, Eald'narche, Trey, Amidatelion, Desch, Gabranth, Nine, Edward, Strago, Ardyn, Kurasame, Gladio, Reno, Rude, Xande

I haven't heard much about Trey or Strago one way or the other, but pretty much all the rest of those characters range from "excellent" to "omgWTFbbq"

One of these days they'll announce Rikku

One of these days

IKknkhU.gif
    Holy moly. Do you like big numbers? Let me tell you about Keiss.

I am regularly seeing launches for 250-300 thousand damage appear with almost no setup required. Occasionally on consecutive turns. This is outside of summoning, mind you, with a summon it could go a bit higher, though the 99,999 HP damage limit starts to become an issue.

I've put him as my friend unit for now. Still working on artifacts and summon boards, but everything else is max. For best results, use Pandemonium summon, use Hero Support on someone with an AOE attack, and be sure to HP Attack in midair with Keiss even if he's at zero BRV. Probably HP Attack in midair with the other folks, too: the BRV you have should get something like +60% added, in addition to the multiplier for the number of people in the chase. It's real silly

• ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    Yeah, Keiss with a proper team is such amazingly broken stupid damage numbers. I love it.

His Chaos stage can be done in half the turn count, and co-op can be done in two turns; so much launching and ridiculous airborne damage.

I'm thinking of giving him a full set of spheres; I used his own A sphere since it's basically built for him, but gotta figure out what I have for the other two slots that would be of real benefit.....

• FremFrem Registered User regular
    edited June 2020
    Has anyone tried to install this game on iOS recently? I was thinking of coming back now that Mobius is going away, but on a fresh installation the loading screen flashes for half a second, then I get a white screen.

After force killing the app I can get a message asking if I'd like to begin data recovery, which then dumps me on a completely black screen. I've let both white and black screens sit for a while, but iOS settings show that the app hasn't downloaded any data.

Frem on
  • 411Randle411Randle Librarian Oook.Registered User regular
    Go figure, my bad draw luck hits just in time for Keiss.

On the bright side, my kitted out Ramza, Leo, Aranea generally do okay

1) Silence 2) Books must be returned by the last date shown 3) Do not interfere with the nature of causality
    SQEX livestream, 6/22/2020
    June 24 after maintenance
    - character boards Lenna, Cyan, Seifer, Freya, Fujin, Yda, Prompto, Alphinaud, Prishe
    - voice lines from character boards should become available!

June 25 - Act 2, Chapter 9
    - Cloud of Darkness
    - co-op quest "Rain of Bullets at Akademia" through July 9
    - Kefka green costume

June 25 - Abyss Normalis, Strata 4,5,6

June 29 - Aphmau Lost Chapter
    - including rework

July 6 - Eald'narche event

Garnet EX animation will be updated, also receiving a rework

July 1 - Summer Fiesta
    - World of Illusions: Carbuncle. chance for Magic Pot to appear for extra rewards
    - Daily Token Foray
    - EIGHT free first multi-draws
    - Cycle Quests x2 rewards, kactuar rate x2
    - summer panel missions
    - Summer Incursion co-op quests, July 1-10, 10-20, and 20-29
    - new and returning stickers
    - return of Aranea during Summer Incursion #3. Her EX will be on a banner
    - no character boards or rework for Aranea at this time

July 1 through 29 - Dimensions' End Challenge
    - limited-time rewards depending on how many Entropy tiers you have cleared
    - big pile of books, nuggets, and gems for amount you have cleared
    - Tier 13 arrives July 10
    - 25,000+ gems available if you complete all 13 tiers

July 13 - WoI: Ultimate Alexander - boosted through July 27
    - featured super synergy characters: Firion, Rosa, Raijin, Tidus, Ashe, Sazh
    - related co-op event
    - reworks for Raijin and Sazh
    - Tidus costume

July 20 - Sherlotta Lost Chapter
    - Rydia EX animation update
    - Rydia, Quistis reworks

July 24 - mystery character (Trey)

Kefka and Cloud of Darkness on the banner that just dropped are both supposed to be very good, and for a while.

Kefka fills up six debuff slots all by himself. Including the potent HP disable and Blind. And now with his rework and EX+ upgrades, does solid damage while he's at it.

Cloud of Darkness does obscene amounts of damage. Also can inflict some crazy delay. Good longevity with a quick charging EX and getting to use skill 2 for free (and to devastating effect) pretty often if you put some effort in.

I understand that both of them are capable of soloing some current Dimensions End stages at their current power level, if that's your thing.

• chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    Got Keiss. Failed to get Alphinaud ex but I give up. Next up Aphmau EX, then Eald'narche.. Then save for Ardyn. Imma skip birdmage I think. Gotta save a lot for the BT.

steam_sig.png
    Banner tonight has Aphmau and Lion. Aphmau can prevent debuffs on your team, Lion can dispel buffs on the enemies. Decent draw if you need either of those things.

Lion does want rare artifact passives, though.

I've got a perfect Lion just waiting for ingots. I really like what Aphmau brings to the table, here's to hoping tickets will be lucky today.

edited July 2020
    Surprise, Kain EX+ is 3 months early! He's replacing Cater on this first banner, presumably she gets bumped to the second one. Free pull too, good luck.

Kain also gets a new costume to purchase.

Also we got some additional rewards for DE clears. 9500 gems, 4 weapon books, 80 weapon nuggets!

Elderlycrawfish on
    Dammit!

I finally beat my first Chaos difficulty with no KO's: Y'shtola, Lightning and Aranea on the Royal Puppeteer Lost Chapter.

Unfortunately, the turn par was 95, and I beat it in 100, so I still didn't get the Complete.

IKknkhU.gif
    edited July 2020
    Lightning and Aranea is an anti synergetic team, they both want to be scoring all the breaks, which is especially awkward on that stage which has a single boss. Might try replacing one or the other

Edit: come to think of it, vs that single boss, Lightning and Aranea might be able to push it back enough that it doesn't get to act. So you could also maybe ditch Yshtola for someone who is more turn-efficient at dealing damage (which is her big weakness)

Fry on
    edited July 2020
    Fry wrote: »
    Lightning and Aranea is an anti synergetic team, they both want to be scoring all the breaks, which is especially awkward on that stage which has a single boss. Might try replacing one or the other

Edit: come to think of it, vs that single boss, Lightning and Aranea might be able to push it back enough that it doesn't get to act. So you could also maybe ditch Yshtola for someone who is more turn-efficient at dealing damage (which is her big weakness)

Yeah, I basically killed the adds first, then Lightning and Aranea just kept pushing the boss' turn back. It only got to act maybe 3 or 4 times in the entire encounter.

My current EX+ roster is:
    Lightning 3/3
    Aranea 3/3
    Yuna 3/3
    Y'shtola 3/3
    Tidus 3/3
    Cloud 3/3
    WoL 3/3

Noctis 0/3
    Ignis 0/3
    Hope 0/3
    Jecht 0/3
    Seymour 0/3
    Lulu 0/3
    Zidane 0/3
    Lenna 0/3

I've got other characters who are technically realizable, but I don't have enough power stones to max break their EX weapons right now (or, in the case of Paine and Auron, haven't gotten their EX+ yet).

Stilts on
    IKknkhU.gif
    edited July 2020
    Weirdly, I think you don't want to be in a rush to kill the adds here, because having targets there to hit increases the output from Aranea's HP+ attack, and also gives her more things to break for free turns while she's beating on the boss.

edit: with that lineup, for that fight (Aphmau LC Chaos) I would be tempted to try Lightning + Aranea + WoL, or Aranea + WoL + Cloud.

Hope is supposed to be really good, but I don't have his EX so I don't have direct experience. Ignis is another character that's supposed to be OK right now; all the extra uncounted turns he takes can help enemies unbreak, which is good for Aranea/Lightning.

Jecht/Seymour are unfortunately not great right now, even maxed out. Seymour is probably a little better, but I have Jecht and he is just a (much) worse version of Aranea/Lightning. Noctis is OK, Lulu is OK, Zidane is OK, Lenna is another good healer option (though you don't need her debuff prevention for this particular fight)

Fry on
    So the last thing I needed to do to catch up was to complete the Brothers Chaos stage; I had gotten a clear for the objectives, but missed the score.

Powercreep team of Keiss, Fujin, and Penelo; needed to hit 260k, I got 860k. Great googly moogly! (Turn count was also ridiculous, 42 turns easily slid beneath the 115 turn limit).

Anybody pick up Aphmau EX? I didn't luck out with tickets, and while I'd prefer to save gems it is tempting.

I got Aphmau EX from a big pile of tickets. Haven't maxed it out yet, because I don't need it quite yet, so I can't give you a firsthand report. Should be pretty solid, though, at full power she does pretty much everything you want out of a support.

I'm still trying. Almost to pity. Might just buy that Kain costume to finish it up. Since the costume is pretty good too.

My luck has been so bad now. Have had to pity or almost pity (280 coins) the last two EX I've chased. But after Eald'narche least I'll have a nice long break.

steam_sig.png
    Free pull was a ridiculous off-banner King 15. Bah.

Some tickets did score Garnet EX though. And I figured I can spend a little, so a pull got Eald'narche as well. Back to the summon grind!

• 411Randle411Randle Librarian Oook.Registered User regular
    I suppose I should stop complaining about bad draw luck. Free draw was Eald'narche EX, gem pull finally got me Cloud of Darkness EX as well. Two, in fact.

Still kind of annoyed I missed out on Kreiss, though

1) Silence 2) Books must be returned by the last date shown 3) Do not interfere with the nature of causality
    Arciela, Prishe, Aphmau, Eald'narche, Kam'lanaut all purple. Shantotto, Lilisette waiting for ingots.

Somehow have none of Lions stuff but I guess I'm fine with that.

Maybe not the best use of resources but I love me some FFXI so whatever.

Ended up with a Keiss, Kefka, Garnet, Zidane, Freya, Caius full set of weapons during this long span of pulling everything the last few months. Don't know when I'll ever get to those. I guess I've already done Keiss so that's nice.

Now I just need to farm boards and artifacts? I guess I'll wait for the summon board qol before I bother. Just stick to artifacts for now.

Now I save. Burned through so much. I need my swag monster Ardyn tho so everything else gets to wait since pitying BTs is so expensive.

steam_sig.png
    I don't think the summon board QoL update is going to be so big that it's worth putting off your favorite few characters while they're all on 2x XP. A team of Prishe, Aphmau, Eald'narche (all purple) should murderize all of the summon fights pretty well regardless of what friend unit you have.

Ultimate Alexander should be arriving Sunday night/Monday morning, and with it a batch of "special boosted" characters. Teams of Arciela+Shantotto+boosted and Kam'lanaut+Lilisette+boosted should also wreck through all the summon board fights, even if you haven't put anything into any of the boosted characters (just swap them for friend)

I find that I can typically get one team of characters from 0 to 6600 on one board in the space of one 15-minute 2x book. So 15 minutes a day gets your favorite trio from no boards to full boards in just a week!

The update with rank bonus and mog pass means you can master a board in 3 fights roughly.

Knowing it becomes that easy makes it real rough to not be a lazy piece of garbage. Ha ha ha. I probably will do at least a couple with Alexander coming out. Mostly because I love Aphmau and her little automatons. PUP 4 eva.

steam_sig.png
    Haha! I did it!

nm5NU5T.jpg

200,000+ gems saved up. A lot sooner than I expected, honestly. I now have enough to guarantee I'll get Lightning's BT and LD when they show up in *checks notes* December.
    The update with rank bonus and mog pass means you can master a board in 3 fights roughly.

Knowing it becomes that easy makes it real rough to not be a lazy piece of garbage. Ha ha ha. I probably will do at least a couple with Alexander coming out. Mostly because I love Aphmau and her little automatons. PUP 4 eva.

Uh, can you explain how that's possible? That'd be, like, a 15x multiplier on the summon board points.

IKknkhU.gif
    Stilts wrote: »

Uh, can you explain how that's possible? That'd be, like, a 15x multiplier on the summon board points.

Taken from the infiltration report:
    New method to increase Summon Board/Wild/Character Board points.

• For every 20 player ranks reached, points obtained will increase by 1%

• Example) rank 201 = 10% bonus, rank 801 = 40% bonus

• This also stacks with support items

Some Calculations:

• Current max rank is 897

• This equates to 44% point increase

• The base 900 points on a 3x book will become 1296 points

• The 150% bonus from the Moogle Pass (more on this in the next section) stacks additively

• 44% max rank bonus + 150% moogle pass bonus = 194% point increase

• 194% increase equates to 2.94x

• Assuming the character is currently synergy and thus has 2x EXP....

• Normal point gain is 300 * 2.94 = 882

• 2x book using the same formula = 1764

• 3x book = 2646

steam_sig.png
    Free pull was another off-banner 15 (Relm). Boo!

The second summer banner is Cater, Emperor, and....Yuri?! Double Boo, I was expecting Ignis. So of course I ticket a Yuri EX (I already realized him), which means I got robbed of an Ignis EX!

DE: Tier 13 is out. Suckers are fast and hit hard. Keiss, Fujin, and Aerith worked for me. 77 turns, max score. A bonus 20,000 gems for this one!

I haven't done any entropy yet. I suppose I should with all those gems on the line, but it also means I'll need to do a ton of board grind. Woe is me, etc. Still that's a really hard thing to ignore.

steam_sig.png
    The bigger thing about Entropy is all of those delicious nuggets. Tier 13 dropped like 60, so enough to realize an EX.

So I have a built Yuri so I'm just kind of grinding tokens. Get enough to buy all the tickets. There is 20 of them I think?

I got the emperor ex off the free multi so I figure I'll try and get his 15 or 35 so I don't have to waste power tokens.

All this to make the weird flex that I just pulled Cater ex back to back 3 times off tickets. So uhh. I guess I'm going to build Cater now because she really wanted to hang out.

steam_sig.png
    If you have all of the EXes on a banner, stop drawing, IMO

Cater is a real powerhouse now. With Shiva and Ramuh boards, she should have 90% or more dodge at all times, and she counters when dodging

You don't necessarily need boards, or even a full team of realized characters, for the first few Entropy stages.

Tickets are so plentiful I don't really care if using them is kind of a waste. I save gems for pitying stuff I really want.

Well, I try anyway. I'm really bad at it. Saving is hard.

steam_sig.png
    Alexander tonight. I've got a whole bunch of launchers lately so it'll be fun to

:checks notes:

Oh, no launching Alex? Bummer.

Alexander should be easy enough with turn delayers, if I understand correctly. The summer event let me finally farm up some great Leo artifacts, so I've set him for my Friend unit.

Sazh and Raijin EX+ tonight as well. Good luck to everyone on their free pull (I'm probably getting an off-banner 15 dupe, as my free pulls have so far been).

Woot, I am a lucksack and got Sazh EX on my free draw! Best dad is back, baby!

The first time he was good was when I was taking a break from the game. I'm glad I'll be able to get some use out of him now.

I also lucked out and got Sazh EX, very nice!

9/1 on both, Ashe 15 and Rosa 15.

That seems about right. Least these banners are easy to resist.

steam_sig.png
  • BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    Alex CHAOS down in 69 turns (nice)

Lightning (cboard) Leo Sazh (cboard) Shiva summon Leo friend

Alex didn't get a single turn

edited July 2020
    I just finished that, but 78 turns. Lightning, Leo, Aphmau, Diabolos, Leo friend.

I wasn't paying attention and panicked a little at turn count, used summon a little late. Preventing Alex from getting a turns is pretty crucial for this one.

Edit: I definitely need to learn how to Lightning better; she was out of gas at the end because I think I goofed on her ability uses. Aphmau had about 3 left, Leo had 4.

Elderlycrawfish on
  • BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    edited July 2020
    You have to lean on her (very good) HP++ to eke out her ability uses and build/maintain her commando and ravager stacks

The important thing is to learn the feel for when she is about to have EX charged and make sure you're in ravager ii for that 2 turn delay

Beasteh on