As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Listen to a [podcast] on the commute from your couch to your kitchen

• ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    Next they'll be suggesting I try not eat this whole bag of chips in one sitting.

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    R U Recieving Radiohead @ Me

• PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    I know they probably don't even like Rush but they could call that one R U s h?

And that would tickle me

• Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Oh man. Today is the anniversary of the Roller Coaster Rampage quick look!

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    drop 'em

liEt3nH.png
  • -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    Fortunately for me, all my favorite podcasters lost their minds a long time ago

i have a healthy brain thanks

PNk1Ml4.png
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Scott & Scott are actually doing a JoJo's rewatch podcast called R I A Dio Head?

• Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    I hope it's about Audioslave, they can get Michael Mann on

6F32U1X.png
  • TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    That image of band logos reminds me of a question

Why do people like tool?

Or more accurately how are people high so often that they are able to enjoy tool?

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Oh man. Today is the anniversary of the Roller Coaster Rampage quick look!

The king of the everglades

Roscoe

• VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Uriel wrote: »

Why do people like tool?

Or more accurately how are people high so often that they are able to enjoy tool?

I have never inhaled, ingested or injected a single marijuana and I thoroughly enjoy 10,000 Days

• simulacrumsimulacrum She/herRegistered User regular
    zb62adzqjajh.png

• Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    MAX G'S PULLED

• Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    -Tal wrote: »

This is how I learn Weedlord hates my podcasts :(

Uriel wrote: »

Why do people like tool?

I was absolutely obsessed with Tool when I was in high school. I dug melodic vocals over harsher instrumentals, but that wasn't what turned me into an insufferable dweeb about them; it was the lyrics that got me.

Songs about Jungian psychology/philosophy or L. Ron Hubbard or consumerism? Samples from Bill Hicks or Timothy Leary?

For a 16-year-old who was pretty sure he was the smartest person in the city and was desperately looking for ways to loudly broadcast that fact through car stereo speakers, shit was catnip. Nevermind that references were cursory and surface-level, nevermind that much of the music's philosophy boiled down to Gen X "everything sucks" nihilism - it gave me ample things to study and dissect and be just a complete dorkus about.

Danny Carey's still a pretty fuckin' good drummer tho

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    -Tal wrote: »

What's that like?

• TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Ah see I'm a big dumb and like stupid lyrics.

(this isn't totally true, but was probably at least mostly the case when I was a kid and tool was a big thing)

Actually I'm pretty sure I don't understand half the lyrics from my favorite band at all.

• Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    I still like Tool! Lateralus is an easy top 5 album for me and I don't even partake in the devil's lettuce.

I like them because they sound good to my ears. I ignore the lyrics though.

broken image link
  • VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    I’ve cooled a fair bit on Tool’s lyrics and themes as I’ve gotten older

But the three act sequence of APC’s Judith and Tool’s Wings for Marie pt 1&2 still consistently reduces me down to pure distilled religious teen angst for a few minutes or so.

• Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    I've grown increasingly disillusioned with most prog rock instrumentals and lyrical rock operatics over time, because both often end up feeling like empty noodling, filling but with zero nutritional value

but Tool's got a few bangers in there, even still, and that band did a lot to eventually get me into a few other better subgenres of rock and metal

their new album did absolutely nothing for me, sadly

“You’re a Fool if you like Tool” is what my t-shirt says

• Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    I'll be careful not to cut myself on your edge

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • replacewythyreplacewythy Registered User regular
    in Teenagers With Attitude episode 207, Power Rangers did a """"""""""musical""""""""""""""""""""" episode
    "Can we not, today? Can we not do this one?"
    "I am so fundamentally and morally opposed to the idea of calling this a musical episode."
    "Also, he owns a haunted mansion, that's important."
    "This is the most difficulty I've had getting through a Power Rangers episode, in the time we've been doing this. It's physically unpleasant, to watch this episode."
    This episode does have a good monster, I agree with that.
    "How dare you forget about Louie Kaboom."
    "Man, sometimes I love this show so much, and usually that's when they didn't have Sentai footage so they had to use the toys."
    "This is like such high effort, and yet it still sucks, which makes me love it"
    "If your name is the weapon that you use, and then you change what weapon you use, wouldn't you change your name?" that's exactly what being trans is
    "It's very silly, it's fun, that said, like, the part where you listen to it, is very rough, and difficult to get through."
    "I love severed head magic."
    if there's ever new cover art for TWA they should put Tackle Boy on there (yes even though it would be well after the season with Tackle Boy in it)
    "Also it is called the Omega Megazord, which is basically a parody name."
    "If the first episode of Veggietales was 15 minutes longer, it would be the first ever feature-length CGI cartoon." there really is something unnerving about that

Moriveth wrote: »

Well my shirt says, "You're Cool if you like Tool"

• DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    I think I avoided any real knowledge about Tool until they showed up in one of the shittier Guitar Hero games

Well we canceled each other out and now neither one of us exists

• StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular

Well we canceled each other out and now neither one of us exists

Ridiculous, you both still exist

You're just naked from the waist up

• Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    edited July 2020
    The reveal is here alongside the first episode of the new Scott & Scott show
    EARWOLF_COVER_RUTalkinRHCPREME_3000x3000_D2048-162x162.jpg

Mr. G on
    6F32U1X.png
  • BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    Ahahahahahaha fuck yes

CYpGAPn.png
  • replacewythyreplacewythy Registered User regular
    I know it wouldn't make any sense for this to happen but get the pgot guys on there

• GrisloGrislo Registered User regular
    Hobnail wrote: »
    I am not sir no

Would U like to

-Do you talk KoЯn at us, sir?
    -I do talk KoЯn, sir.
    -Do you talk KoЯn at us, sir?
    -Is the law of our side if I say aye?
    -No.
    -No, sir, I do not talk KoЯn at you, sir, but I do talk KoЯn, sir.
    -Do you quarrel, sir?

This post was sponsored by Tom Cruise.
  • ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    I described Blank Check to my best friend, who doesn't listen to podcasts.

And afterwards he told me, casually, "Ya know. A podcast I'd like to do is just picking a director and watching all of their films critically."

I was awed.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
    Mr. G wrote: »

Jon Daly guest appearance is inevitable, right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zGk0k34tGs

• HybridHybrid South AustraliaRegistered User regular
    I hate to admit it but there is 4 or 5 RHCP songs that I do enjoy, despite hating everything about that band. but goddamn do I love that fake Jon Daly song so soooo much

• Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited July 2020
    I adored u talkin u2 to me, but even by the end of that one the bits were getting a little stale, and RUTREMRE:M mostly just felt like trying to catch lightning in a bottle again, so, dunno how I'm feeling about them goin' back to that well a third time

Like I think I'd honestly rather just re-listen to utu2tm than listen to new episodes

Speed Racer on
  • Crimson KingCrimson King Registered User regular
    there have been a lot of good chapo bits over the years but i feel like "full rat mode" is probably my favourite

• DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
    I think that U2 are clearly a ridiculous overblown thing helped with the first run

REM are not really either of those things, but maybe the Chili Peppers are?

I dunno, I've never really paid much attention to them.

• TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    tool was and still is my favorite band

• supersporksuperspork Registered User regular
    I suppose when you're in a pandemic and you've got noting else to do making a new podcast based on an older one you've done makes more sense than it might otherwise.

This discussion has been closed.