As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[FFRK] Battle on the Big Bridge # 424 (the one where Enkidu is a dog)

• JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
  • 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Well this is what I'm looking at for fire soul Breaks:
    Phys
    Bartz AASB, USB1, USB2, OSB, BSB Fire
    locke CSSB USB1 USB2 BSB imperil G+
    Seph USB fire AOSB fire AASB fire
    Squall USB fire
    Seifer AASB AOSB
    Steiner AASB USB2 OSB
    Corr AASB
    Balthier AASB G, G+, USB1, USB2 x2 cast lmr

Both?
    Vincent BSB radiant shield (not fire) AASB x2 cast lmr

Magic
    Krile CSSB BUSB BSB imperil x2 cast lmr
    Terra LIMIT BREAK USB1, AOSB, AASB, BSBenfire x2cast lmr
    Braska AASB USB

38thDoE on steam
    πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€

• EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    If going with magic Fire, I would go with a DPS trio of Terra (Chain Firaja, Wrath), Vincent (Meltdown, Burnt Offering), and either Braska (Valigarmanda, Lunar Ifrit), or Krile (same).

Vincent has an improved Burst that does do Fire-type Radiant Shield, and a Enfire Bubsy that triggers instantly. I would have Vincent hold off on turning up his own damage until later in the fight, instead using Burnt Offering to build meter for himself and trigger imperils on Shiva.

If you go with Braska, you get a third Awakening, but you'll need to carry Fabula Sorcerer for your Chain. Braska's got a nice awakening, but his USB sadly doesn't grant Enfire; you'd need his Burst or SSB for that. Krile, on the other hand, has an Enfire Glint and Enfire LMR in the lens shop, and could use her Imperil Burst at some point, once Vincent is done using his Machinist attacks. Up to you on that one.

Not as confident giving advice on physical, as I did that one with a Sync. Cor's Awakening is nice, but it's at its best when paired with his USB, which isn't lensable. A wild guess at a team would be something like Sephiroth (Fire-Touched Blade, Frostfire Carnage), Bartz (Inferno Assault, Steal Power/Blastspell Strike), and either Locke (Fire Assault, Mug Bloodlust/Soul Burn) or Balthier (Burning Snipe, Burnt Offering).

Using Frostfire Carnage, killing the walls might be a possible strategy; I went with blitzing down her HP to break through to the next phase, but I'm not sure how viable that is without the resources I had.

Experimenting with Mog vs 5-star Magicite worked quite nicely. Manticore folded in 20 seconds. His USB also works nicely with Elarra to keep the team Always Fast. Definitely going to try more teams like that when I'm not working with a gen 2 Chain, or even when I could, but I have enough Bard buffs to not need it.

• lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    edited June 2020
    Enlong wrote: Β»
    Man. Doing Wrexsoul has me remembering that I have a bunch of fun stuff for Mog, and yet I almost never use him. I blame my reliance on Entrust for Elarra; having a support without Support 5 keeps being difficult to justify, even when he can chase dances with a Medica or more debuffs. Next time I rebuild a mage team for a 5-star Magicite, I should at least see what I can do with a Mog/Elarra team; she can build extra meter using summons.

edit:

Wait, what if I were to start using RW Chain in Magicite, and use Mog or Gogo in place of the chain holder? That could work...

huh. this actually might be a great idea for future Ramuh kills. Bench Rude for another DPS....

lionheart_m on
    3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
    OMG Gogo's AASB is sick! When he casts it he mimics the previous character's action...even if they did a Double Cast! Got myself a pretty awesome auto Belias team now!

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
    Gogo V, I assume?

His Awakening doesn't actually mimic a dualcast; the Awakening mimics the last action twice. So he'll always do 2 casts, even if the person he's mimicking didn't get a dualcast. His USB is the same way.

The USB is pretty nice, because the dual mimic effectively replaces the damage component that a USB normally has (which is nice if he mimics a Summon). And the Enwater happens before the Mimic, which is extra fun. The Awakening is even better, because it already has a damage component, and then he double mimics anyway.

oh...still it looked cool when Arc did a Double Cast Leviathan and then Gogo mimic'd that lol

Can Gogo VI do the same thing?

Per reddit, list of accessories to not mulch for Dreambreakers:

FFT synergy holy damage

Red shoes (15 magic+moderate holy resist) Total 3 released (1 in Gysahl shop)

FF13 synergy holy damage

Beggar's Beads (+500 max hp+moderate holy resist) Total 1 released (can also be used for FFT together with Major holy resist and 3 Red shoes)

FF7 synergy dark damage

1/35 soldier (15 atk+moderate dark resist) 2 released.
    Hexafang Talisman (moderate dark resist+major ko resist) only 1 released.

FF8 synergy wind damage

Aegis Amulet (moderate lightning/wind resist +300 max hp) 1 released
    Gaia Ring (moderate wind resist +500 max hp) 1 released
    Magical Lamp (moderate wind/dark resist) total 3 released
    Fujin's Eyepatch (moderate wind resist+15 mag) total 3 released? (1 in Gysahl shop)

FF2 synergy fire/lightning damage

Gigas Armlet (moderate fire/ice/lightning resist. vulnerable to water) at least 5 released. Make sure to at least put them on slot 2,3 and 4

FF15 synergy fire damage

Lovers' Notebook (moderate fire resist +15 magic) only 1 released?

FF6 synergy ice damage

Locke's Necklace (moderate ice resist +15 attack) 2 released
    Peace Ring (moderate ice resist +moderate sap resist) 1 released?
    Tintinnabulum (moderate ice resist + moderate paralyze and sap resist) total 1 released
    Alarm Earring (moderate ice resist+ moderate paralyze resist) total 2 released
    Terra's Earring (moderate ice resist+ 500 hp) total 1 released?

I'm not sure which of these I had. Guessing the HP ones have been tossed in the chipper, at least.

• ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    I really don't understand the hyperventilating over keeping those accessories for a tiny increase in resistance to a small number of attacks in one fight, quadruply so for the ones where you can't equip your whole party. Everything end-game is AoE damage, and synergy moderate resistance still falls short of major resistance, so you're putting that on your squishiest to start with. Everybody else, or everything period in a mage team, is going to be at the same squish level, so one or three, even in the best case scenario, the effective difference is pretty minimal.

ztrEPtD.gif
    oh...still it looked cool when Arc did a Double Cast Leviathan and then Gogo mimic'd that lol

Can Gogo VI do the same thing?

Gogo VI has a different focus for their mimickry; their Bubsy and Awakening gives them a Brave command that mimics the last action, rather than mimicking as part of the soul break. The Brave Ultra builds Bravery on Black Magic or Combat, whereas the Awakening only builds on Black Magic. At Brave Level 3, the command mimics the last action 3 times in a row.

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    I really don't understand the hyperventilating over keeping those accessories for a tiny increase in resistance to a small number of attacks in one fight, quadruply so for the ones where you can't equip your whole party. Everything end-game is AoE damage, and synergy moderate resistance still falls short of major resistance, so you're putting that on your squishiest to start with. Everybody else, or everything period in a mage team, is going to be at the same squish level, so one or three, even in the best case scenario, the effective difference is pretty minimal.

I mean I do understand it, because I need all the help I can get on my teams, but also I'll mulch them anyways because I need space more.

38thDoE on steam

• silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Finally got Shiva.

Team:
    Noct 6* SAM fire abilities x2 (Sync) +DMG (LM1, 2) some Record Board
    Locke 6* SHT Fire/QC (USB1, 2, Sync, AOSB) Ace Striker (LM1, 2) some Record Board
    Balthier Burnt Offering (USB2, AASB) +MCH (LM2, LMR w-cast)
    Elarra ATK song/Dispel (G+, USB1, 2) DMT (LM1, LMR) some Record Board
    Tyro W/E (Wall, USB4) MM (LM2, LMR IC2)
    RW: Chain
    Main: Ifrit
    Phoenix, Madeen x3

• FryFry Registered User regular
    I have and used Gogo V AASB on my Ifrit team. I'm bad, so I usually ended up mimicking Allegro Con Moto, which is useless. It's still really good, though

Some of the realm synergy accessories, you actually could have a full team of synergy accessories that applies to most of the attacks in the fight. Taking 40% less damage instead of 30% less damage is big. Hyperventilating is overstating what's going on in this thread, at least.

Can't quite kill omega fire weak. Having the worst luck with imperil is not helping.

38thDoE on steam

Rework all Machinist imperils to be the guaranteed-after-2-uses type, plz.

edited July 2020
    I did some napkin math, and I think that Bartz's sync may legitimately be the second weakest physical wind sync in the game, ahead of only Vaan's, which is a support one providing various breaks or damage reduction barriers instead. The command gimmick schtick where his C2 provides an extra cast of his C1 in particular is actually a trap unless you're running zero form of QC, including even just a turn or two holdover from one of his USBs. Or I guess not running any of his multi-cast LMs for some reason.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
    So it’s more of a Tifa or Ashe situation, wheee you’re really just better off spamming command 1, then?

edited July 2020
    So it’s more of a Tifa or Ashe situation, wheee you’re really just better off spamming command 1, then?

Yeah. The issue is that his C2 is so much weaker than his C1. The C2->C1 loop over six turns is about a total multiplier of about 35 versus a total multiplier of 33 for C1 spam, so it's already close, but C2 does give two turns of QC, so it's easier to get those six turns in, but Bartz has a ton of sources of QC, even just with his own relics, so providing your own isn't as valuable, and six turns of C1 only is not unreasonable. Where things tilt against C2>C1 is LM procs. If you're spamming only C1, each proc is going to be at least +5 on the total multiplier. If you're doing C2>C1, and it procs on a C2, that's only about +1 on the total multiplier, and since half your attacks are C2, and you expect two procs, that makes napkin math pretty simple, and C1 spam to guarantee that your procs are full power pulls ahead.

Also though, there aren't a lot of physical wind syncs even in Japan. Zidane's is super busted tier. Cloud's C1 multiplier is slightly less than Bartz's C1 spam, but includes a +50% wind buff (and this is ignoring his OSB C2). Vaan's is defensive/support. And the other two are Fang and Estinien, both of which are a bit goofy. Fang's C2 gives instant jump 3 and no air 3, while her C1 gives additional cap break, so her potential is way higher. Estinien's is a switch draw with dark/wind (at level 2 enElement), and has chases that ease its cap break for a turn too, and I... really don't want to math out shit for fucking Estinien.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    edited July 2020
    Latest fest ticket:
    Elarra G+ (dupe)
    Terra USB2 (+wind armor)
    Raines USB (ability double dark, +dark fist)
    Fran AASB (+ice bow)!

Darklyre on
  • silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Holy Fat Chocobo banner 1 is seeming increasingly the best option right now. I'm not confidant I can take out Diabolos right now, but two Syncs and the 2.5 PHY Holy Chain might shore that up. I can only probably throw 2 pulls at it though, and still have enough to do the AASB select and Realms on Parade.

Well hey now. For the issue where the banner art showed the wrong character, we got 15 apology mythril. That's a pretty sizable chunk there.

I'm considering rolling on the Holy banner. More and better Pecil stuff is what my prospective Diabolos team could really use right now, or the Minwu stuff could make a magic team doable.

Though festival banner 1 is still somewhat tempting. When are we expecting to get the big mythril drop from the magic pot dungeons? I can never remember how that's scheduled for a given festival.

I'm considering rolling on the Holy banner. More and better Pecil stuff is what my prospective Diabolos team could really use right now, or the Minwu stuff could make a magic team doable.

Though festival banner 1 is still somewhat tempting. When are we expecting to get the big mythril drop from the magic pot dungeons? I can never remember how that's scheduled for a given festival.

Halfway point, I think?

In other news, 4 Shivas get, combined, leveled to 99, Empower Ice inherited, and fed fodder to max stat levels. I'll still probably farm 4 more for a flex copy next week, but I can start looking at Valefor now, or maybe poke my head in Bio Omega or Bio Odin.

Then I'll go with the Holy banner before it disappears.

• MaytagMaytag Registered User regular
    The holy banner doesn't really do much for me to be honest. I don't have much for either Pecil, Minwu or Basch and the Edward items seem a bit gimmicky.
    I'm just going to hope I can scrounge up enough mithril for banner 3 and see what I can hit there. Getting Rem Sync or Lightning AASB would do so much more for my teams than anything on holy chocobo. I already have AASB's for Bartz/Seph/Lightning/Squall too and stacking these is probably going to be a lot of fun.

3DS: 1392 - 5070 - 7853
    Don't forget there's the magicite support banner(s) coming too. Holy is getting my initial tickets, especially with the Beatrix change.

ztrEPtD.gif
    So, it's nice to get a free Arcane for Dr Mog, but I really wish this summer event gave me these beach outfits as wardrobe records.

Daily hit: Rinoa unique

No stats, but one more closer to completion

1/11, Basch LMR.

And this is why I've become kind of resentful of actual 50 mythril draws lately. That was a lot of mythril, and now I've got nothing, and nothing to show for it.

1/11, Basch LMR.

And this is why I've become kind of resentful of actual 50 mythril draws lately. That was a lot of mythril, and now I've got nothing, and nothing to show for it.

Relic draws are the worst part of the game by far.

• FryFry Registered User regular
    Don't forget there's the magicite support banner(s) coming too. Holy is getting my initial tickets, especially with the Beatrix change.

Aren't those the single draw, nothing guaranteed?

I was worried about Diabolos, so I did a real draw on a real banner

Also in case anyone missed it, we got 15 free mythril today.

Fry wrote: Β»

Single Draw but you get like 30+ tickets. Looking at the gamefaqs thread results are all over the place tho.

Fry wrote: Β»

35 single draws, so odds are heavy that you'll pick up at least one AASB/Sync from them. And these are banners with a sync, 4 AASBs, and a CSB. That's the same or better than regular event banners. Holy bird is only 2 syncs, 1 CSB, and 3 AASBs, and that's counting Edward's AASB despite it being support and unable to carry DPS.

ztrEPtD.gif
    2 syncs are more than one sync.

38thDoE on steam

4 AASBs are more than 2.

ztrEPtD.gif
    Sure. I feel like syncs do a lot more on current content then AASB.

38thDoE on steam

Awakenings are still very nice to have, especailly if you find a Sync user running out of hones. But, OSBs are also a good way for a Sync user to contribute after the mode ends.

Edward's Awakening actually is capable of contributing to him doing damage. As a Bard, he's got access to the recent Divine Dirge ability, which does 3 hits of magic Holy damage. He also has a Glint+ that gives him Empowered Holy infusion (though he's got no way to get another stack until we get Limit Glints). And this is a fairly decent use of his turns when the Awakening is active, as Divine Dirge also gives the party a small amount of damage reduction every second time the ability is triggered (so he gets the effect every turn).

• rattletraprattletrap Registered User regular
    All flavors of Vivid Omega are now complete!

Ice-weak was the hardest for me by a fair bit even though my Ice team is pretty stacked. Keeping up imperils was incredibly challenging, and he also puts out a ton of damage - for once I actually felt Snow's defensive barrier on his AASB was relevant for the win.

Overall this was the most enjoyable content for a while in terms of the challenge-level being difficult but not infuriating.