As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Heroes of the Storm] thread: Don't get excited, Dibby; we're just talking.

• A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    milk ducks wrote: »
    I now officially own all of the Announcers.

What a long, hard road that's been, lol.

No this is hots

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    I now officially own all of the Announcers.

What a long, hard road that's been, lol.

You're free!!! Congrats!

Until they add more lmaooo

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • milk ducksmilk ducks High Mucky Muck Big Tits TownRegistered User regular
    I can keep up with them as they release, I think. It was just the initial start-up, gathering up all the resources to purchase them individually (you almost never get them in boxes, seems like). And I was really close there for a while, then they decided to come out with all of the stage announcers, and I just never caught back up because they're all so expensive.

I'll probably go for all the Mounts next. I have all the Banners.

• WhelkWhelk Registered User regular
    ofv2tgs69i60.jpg
    2u7wkakaae07.jpg

The rest of my team was a 4-man, and they could not stop being stupid places past level 15. Did the classic win teamfight post-20 and take all the camps strat, too. We deserve this loss, but I am so mad that it includes my personal best Artanis stacks.

Nine hundred and seven fucking stacks????????????????

DNiDlnb.png
    DUDE WHAT THE FUCK 900 STACKS OF DING DING?

Started to see the yellow creep up at the bottom of the icon, which I didn't know was a thing for it, ahahaha

• SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    I like to get all the emoji so when i do a sadface or whatever it's character appropriate

steam_sig.png
    Fuck, man. I still can't get over it.

900 dingers.

I have so many questions that need answered.

• MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular

900 dingers.

What's sad is how little his AA is doing with that many dings. Unless I've done the math wrong, at level 26 with 907 stacks, he was doing 387 per auto.

That's base damage of 111 -> 296 at level 26 and 907 dings * .1 bonus -> 90.7 bonus damage. That hardly seems worth it. A Butcher with no meat at the same level does 347. Sure, Assassin vs Bruiser, but I think it shows Artanis could use a mini-rework.

I mean, come on. At 907 dings, he should have been shredding people with 450-500 damage autos. Maybe I'm wrong though.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
    HOTS THREAD HELLO

TODAY IS SPECIAL DAY

WHY, YOU ASK?

BECAUSE IS DIBBY BIRTHDAY WHOO YAYYYYYY HOORAY

DNiDlnb.png
    H A P P Y
    B I R T H D A Y
    D I B B Y

edited June 2020
    MNC Dover wrote: »

900 dingers.

What's sad is how little his AA is doing with that many dings. Unless I've done the math wrong, at level 26 with 907 stacks, he was doing 387 per auto.

That's base damage of 111 -> 296 at level 26 and 907 dings * .1 bonus -> 90.7 bonus damage. That hardly seems worth it. A Butcher with no meat at the same level does 347. Sure, Assassin vs Bruiser, but I think it shows Artanis could use a mini-rework.

I mean, come on. At 907 dings, he should have been shredding people with 450-500 damage autos. Maybe I'm wrong though.

Remember that Artanis attacks very quickly, though; Twin Strike has a very short cooldown, and doubles the per-strike damage to 774. Not bad. Factor in the possibility of Follow Through, and maybe even Triple Strike, and it feels nasty to me. Hell, Triple Strike alone would amp the burst up to 1161!

Having said that, 900 ding dings is unheard of. I've seen 300-400 in Brawls, but 900?? That doesn't even seem possible.

milk ducks on
  • General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    With that much ring a ding ding, are we sure that we're looking at a hots match? It sounds like New Vegas to me.

3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
    I understood that reference.

• tyrantula22tyrantula22 Registered User regular
    It's not a flat 1-1 damage bonus, it's % damage isn't it? So wouldn't that make the damage actually a bit higher?

Battletag: Tyrantula22#1623
    Steam ID
    Yeah, they were something like 550 apiece. I was slaughtering Vikings, and you get 10 per beard collected. I didn't take follow through because I like the slow and AA speed boost from the swap at 7. It usually helps me get up to around 350ish stacks, but I've gone as high as 500 semi-regularly. Triple Strike was CHUNKING fools.

But the % damage the Vikings took at 16 started shredding people who wouldn't stay with the team. So we crumbled.

• MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Ah, I’m mistaken then. Carry on!

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
    Hey guys, I'll be around this afternoon if anyone wants to play.

Hey guys, I'll be around this afternoon if anyone wants to play.

u fuckin know it binch

DNiDlnb.png
    Back from lunch with my wife.
    Coming in hot boys let's do it!

edited June 2020
    you heard it here first, y'all

tass's force wall+mei's blizzard is the new asshole train

THAT IS SOME SHIT MY DUDES

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
    It's honestly total bullshit, lol. Like, "Dibby, my Wall's up, let me know when you wanna throw a Blizzard". Then just watch which way the enemies try to escape and wall it off. Easy fucking stun, honestly. And Tass has enough raw burst now that he can pretty easily score a pick from that combo all on his own, especially with like Electric Fence for the extra wall damage.

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Why did I doubt the blades of auir was not a good talent
    q2prcly0p6qq.jpg

• 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    it takes all my willpower not to type "roar im a dragon :3" at the start of every game when i'm playing as Deathwing Brightwing.

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    So that was yet another brawl I just up and left
    I refuse to ever play Anna again in the brawl and two other people felt though they could have a better healer [deckard or lucio} felt I refusing to play anna was a poor choice

Hey long story short: my wife's the director of a daycare, and the parent of one of the kids who attends contacted my wife and said she's tested positive for covid. The risk of exposure is very small, and we all feel totally fine, but work's given me the rest of the week to self-quarantine, and I'll return to providing services on Monday. So ... eyyyyyyyy, let's play some fucking HotS, fam!

edited July 2020
    Ducks's Work: sorry man you gotta self quarantine i know it sucks but you gotta

Ducks: ohhhh noooo how terrible jeez what a shame *playing HotS in background* how will i ever survive oh noooo

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
    edited July 2020
    ducks: "Yeah, no, I understand. *whispers to Dibby in the background* Your wall up?"
    Director: "What's that?"
    ducks: "No like, just saying, we're all up for doing what we need to do."

milk ducks on
    edited July 2020
    So @milk ducks and I are playing a game today, and on the enemy team there's a Raynor who's player name is "Jimmy"

And he's just the most obnoxious fucking asshole. He's spamming the voiceline "this is jimmy" over and over and over. Just b-stepping and being an asshole. Spamming that voiceline nonstop. Perma-Abathur hat. They're stomping us pretty hard.

And then our team decides to get their shit in order.

CtPihkP.png

And we fucking crush them.

God that win felt good. Take that, you little shit.

Sidenote: Not being able to mute voicelines in the year of our lord 2020 is fucking bananas

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Breaking News

i really suck as Auriel.

IDK why it feels so unnatural to have the heal on W but i kept hitting the wrong key for all my abilities.

That Jimmy was like account level 30, by the way. In a party with the Abathur and the Anduin (they all had matching account portraits, as I recall). So he's a smurf with a pocket healer / aba hat. And he still got shit on.

In a team full of Masters+ players. Battlefield of Eternity, I'm on Imperius. I know I'm going to be up against a Samuro in the offlane, which isn't ideal, but I can make it work; the only way I can sustain the lane is to take Press Forward and just man-fight his Clones, it feeds him Way of Illusion stacks, but that's how it goes. The alternative would be for our Tassadar to take the offlane, instead, since he can stack Q on the Clones and he can instantly clear the wave with a combo, putting himself at 0 risk and not giving up any ding dings to Samuro.

This is like, basic offlaning shit. Like, sippy cup wood tier offlaning shit.

It would have also been a good idea because they were up against a Kel'Thuzad in the 4stack, and having a Tassadar who winds up and exposes himself every time he casts his Q felt like a liability. It also would have given us a bit more kill pressure in the 4stack, with me being able to Q in and force an engagement when KTZ's buttons are down.

But my team said literally nothing in response, and got fucking rolled. Game ended on the first objective, like levels 12-9. When the Immortal started marching, I swapped lanes to match the Samuro and tried to soak us up to 10. Our team started pinging me, "Imperius, we're gonna fucking lose". And it's like, no shit. You got crushed in your fucking 4stack because you refused to see the wisdom in just swapping up the lanes.

Literal fucking morons.

edited July 2020
    Also, I scored my 3,000th win today.
    Checked my profile randomly, just looking at #s, happened to see that I had exactly 3,000 wins.

milk ducks on
  • fortyforty Registered User regular
    edited July 2020
    Dibby wrote: »
    So @milk ducks and I are playing a game today, and on the enemy team there's a Raynor who's player name is "Jimmy"

And he's just the most obnoxious fucking asshole. He's spamming the voiceline "this is jimmy" over and over and over. Just b-stepping and being an asshole. Spamming that voiceline nonstop.
    I find this hilarious and awesome. I'd love to have that in a game. He must have changed his hotkeys to make the voice line something easy to hit constantly.

Also his mistake was queuing with alwaysbad. No wonder his team lost.

forty on
  • RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    The only voice line I spam is, "No, no, no!"

• fortyforty Registered User regular
    I'd spam voice lines more if the default hotkey weren't all the way over there on I.

• SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    edited July 2020
    I had no idea one could use voice line and thought that customization option is pointless.

Smrtnik on
    steam_sig.png
    i tried to play one of Mei's voice lines and she said one of Kharazim's instead

....in Kharazim's voice.

there was not a Kharazim in that game.

DNiDlnb.png