As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[PbP] [Fellowship] Let the Prologue Commence!

The BraysterThe Brayster UKRegistered User regular
edited July 2020 in Critical Failures
Hello everyone,

I am currently looking to run a game of Fellowship for 4-6 people. Please post below if you're interested, and ask any questions you may have, I'll do my best to accomodate.

What is 'Fellowship'?

From the Author:
Fellowship is a tabletop adventure game, where you get a bunch of friends together to save the world from an evil overlord bent on destroying
everything. The game is built around the adventure - traveling the world, facing down challenges, protecting the weak, and defeating the grand villain
attempting to destroy everything your characters love.

One player takes onthe role of the villain, and everyone else takes on the role of one of the heroes
of the story, and everyone works together to tell the tale of your Fellowship.

Fellowship is about a world of History - each playbook gives its player the
ability to define an entire people, their history, their lore, their past.

Fellowship is about Loss - things are not what they used to be, and a great evil has
brought about a great change in the world.

Fellowship is about Hope - your losses will not stop you from rising up, pushing forward, and changing the
world again, this time for the better.

Fellowship has a lot to do with a great evil destroying the world if the players don't stop it, but this world is inherently optimistic. The heroes will succeed, as long as they can work together. The great evil is powerful, nearly unstoppable, but not completely unstoppable - with their wits, their teamwork, and the combined might of their people, the heroes will succeed. But it won't be easy.

In my own words - Fellowship is a Story Game. While the numbers are still there to crunch, this game isn't really about that. The point of it is the narrative weaving powers shared by all of the players.

Each player chooses a playbook based on a race, group or civilisation present in the world they are about to create. They will create a character from this who will be part of a Fellowship to defeat 'The Overlord', but unlike other types of tabletop RPG, the players control does not end there. Each player has narrative control of the race or group that they pick - they define them and describe them both on creation and as the tale unfolds. The Dwarf player will start by defining what a Dwarf is - Tolkien-esque ale-loving bearded men, or maybe a race of mushroom people who live away from the sun? You can get creative. During play, if a question about Dwarf Kind comes up, it is not the GM who answers, it is the Dwarf Player.

The GM (i.e. Me) will take on the role of 'The Overlord', the antagonist and threat for the Fellowship foil, be foiled by, and eventually overcome. Who The Overlord is, what they plan, and what they are capable of, are different in every game. The Overlord is a character, like any other. As such, the GM doesn't just pull anything from the air. The Overlord will make plans at the start and will stick to them until the Fellowship force them to act otherwise. They have stats, skills and gear. They level up as The Fellowship does. They earn their stronger abilities like the rest do.

I would first like to gauge interest and confirm numbers before I distribute any materials and get creation going, so please post below if you'd like to take part. I'll also list the standard Playbooks to choose one, if anyone would like to register interest. Game Participation will be first come, first served. If more than one person wants a particular playbook, you can roll for it or engage in any other polite contest of your choice.

Standard Playbooks (All these can, through levelling and heroic action, become something greater by earning a Destiny Playbook down the line):

The Dwarf
The Dwarf is built to last. Their people are the most solidly grounded people this world has to offer. The Dwarf offers you the ability to defend your allies well, clear a path through anything in your way, and keep on chugging in spite of the
dangers.

Play as The Dwarf if you want to be built to take on anything, if you want to outlast the world, if you want to be the toughest person at the table, or if your thirst for treasure outweighs your common sense.

The Elf
The Elf is graceful eternity. The elves are long-lived, unnatural, unusual, and, if you ask them, perfect. The Elf offers you the ability to dance around your enemies, show up your allies constantly, and generally be the best around at everything cool and flashy.

Play as The Elf if you want to shine like a diamond, if you like being stylish and graceful, if you want to be the coolest person at the table, or if you want to play as a mysterious magical being

The Halfling
The Halfling is a troublemaker. You are tiny, underestimated, the underdog, and relatively unknown. The Halfling is a tricksy sort. You'll pop up where they least expect you and you'll do much more than anyone else thinks
you can.

Play as The Halfling if you want to sneak around, if you want to play tricks on your enemies, if you like finding alternative solutions, or if your idea of a good time is partying and food.

The Orc
The Orc is a fighter. Their people are never content with leaving things as they are, and progress is the most important aspect of Orc society. The Orc is all about war, and has the tools to fight, win, and thrive.

Play as The Orc if you want to be able to destroy anything you see, if you enjoy creativity and spontaneous decision making, if you want to lash out at a world that has wronged and judged you, or if you just want to be a big green murder machine

The Heir
The Heir is the leader, the ruler, the one everyone else looks up to. Their people are versatile, wise, and strong, and your position gives you a lot of power. The Heir gives you the ability to throw your name around, guarantee good treatment
for the fellowship, and strike down those who would oppose you.

Play as The Heir if you want to lead the fellowship, if you value versatility and consistency, if you want to be surrounded by powerful companions, or if you want to do your own thing with conviction.

The Squire
The Squire isn't supposed to be here. They're here with someone else, to carry the bags, to help keep track of the horses. The Squire looks out for everyone else, makes sure the trip goes smoothly, and often gets in over their head.

Play as The Squire if you want to be the unlikely hero, the underdog who was given a chance, if you like playing the support character who smoothes out problems, or if you're the quiet type who is fine hanging back and letting the real heroes do most of the work.

Powerful Playbook (Starts out more naturally powerful than the others and as such does not move on to a Destiny Playbook. They grow through other means):

The Harbinger
The Harbinger is a prophet of the end of days. They are magical beings, and they are both very rare and very powerful. A Harbinger never shows up when times are good. You will have more raw power and utility than anyone else, but you tire quickly, make friends poorly, and you cannot do this alone.

Play as The Harbinger if you want to play the mentor character, if you want to have access to powerful and deadly magic, if you want to be a bit of a loner, or if you want to play a gloomy prophet of the end times.

Steam: TheBrayster
PSN: TheBrayster_92
The Brayster on

• The BraysterThe Brayster UKRegistered User regular
    edited July 2020
    The Overlord
    The Queen of Souls
    Look: Glowing Eyes, Imposing Armor, Impossibly Pretty, Menacing Aura

No one can truly say they have set eyes on the Queen of Souls, certainly not with their minds intact. Some legends suggest that she is a beauty without parallel, others describe her as a haunting spectre in a dead warriors armour. The truth cannot be certain.

Army: The Scourge
    You and your armies spread corruption and blight, and those tainted by it join you and your cause.

The Armies under the command of the Queen of Souls have no discernable origin. It is comprised of both undead and spiritually possessed in equal measure, across all races. Anything that cannot be brought under the thrall of the Queen is destroyed, leaving behind nothing but ruins and corruption in their wake. Legends still speak of entire Kingdoms that have disappeared from the map over the years.

Starting stats:

Warrior: You cannot be beaten in combat.
    Terrifying: Where you go, no one holds Hope.
    Unknowable: No one knows your plans or next actions

Weakness: Hearing True Name – Aranea Galesdottir**

Master Plans:

Plan A: ???

Plan B: ???

Foibles:

You are arrogant: Every setback is minor and can be dealt with. Everything is fine and you know you cannot lose.

You are busy: The fellowship's destruction is not your actual goal. You have something you want, and your focus is on getting that. When you personally engage the fellowship, your goal is not to kill them all, but to get them out of your way while you do your thing.

You are honor bound: When you make a promise, you will always keep it, even against your better interests. This weakness may seem silly, but it makes for a better game when you can negotiate or gamble
    with the heroes and they can trust you to keep your end of the deal.

Gear:
    An elegant sword, exotic in design (Melee).
    Destructive blasts of fire or lightning (Dangerous)

Generals:

General Utred

The Queen of Souls knows that while some problems may call for the surgeons knife, others call for the hammer. General Utred is that hammer.

The Warmonger: This powerful warrior wants a fight, real bad, and won’t take no for an answer. If you meet them, they’re going to fight you, end of story.

Stats:

Unstoppable: The Warmonger’s attacks are always Hard Cuts and cannot be Overcome.

Wildly Reckless: When the fellowship Keeps Them Busy, the person keeping the Warmonger busy decides the targets of the Warmonger’s Cuts.

Tough As Nails: The first time the Warmonger would be damaged or destroyed, damage this stat instead.

Overlord Bonds
    Namora Rose knows the details of my previous defeat.

I have caused great harm to Arthur's people.

I have caused great harm to Rose's people.

I once enslaved Kaj's people.

I have caused great harm to Ferun's People.

Fellowship Bonds:
    The Halfling - Rose Leaflighter
    I don’t think Arthur has noticed how much I like him

I will never lie to Namora Rose

Kaj has my back when things get tough out there

I respect Ferun, and they respect me too!

The Squire - Arthur Greenhand
    Kaj and I have shared a moment of peace together

I know I can trust Rose no matter what

I have Namora's back no matter what

I've never even seen someone like Ferun before

The Heir - Namora Rose
    I shall take Arthur under my wing, and teach him all that I know.

I have never had a more loyal ally than Kaj.

I prefer to work with Rose when I can.

Ferun's people have aided mine throughout history.

The Orc - Kaj Sirocco
    I cannot help but respect Namora.

Ferun seeks power like mine, but is not yet ready.

Arthur and I used to fight all the time, but we can't remember why.

I will use my strength to keep Rose safe

The Dwarf - Ferun Hirban
    F:

Arthur is looked at as a younger bother, one to protect as he finds his place in the world.

I grudgingly respect Namora. For a pirate, she has redeemable qualities.

I view Kaj as a respected elder, one to learn from.

Rose is a great drinking buddy.

C:

I owe Ririnda Donarek a life debt.

I would rather die at Garseck Teden's side than anywhere else in the world.

The Brayster on
  • InvictusInvictus Registered User regular
    yo! I wanna do this thing

Generalísimo de Fuerzas Armadas de la República Argentina
  • JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    I'm in

• Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    edited July 2020
    Absolutely interested!

Dex Dynamo on
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Read about this game before and always wanted to try it

edited July 2020
    Oh wow you guys got here fast!

We already have the minimum I'd like for the game, so I'll leave recruitment open for another day or so or until we get 1-2 more players, whichever comes first. In the meantime, I'll send you guys a file for the core book, so you can get familiar with the basic systems in play and, most importantly, get a read on the different playbooks. While I don't want anyone to start creating anything yet, now would be a good time to start discussing which playbook you would like to take on, and any other questions or expectations for the game you may have.

Edit: I'd also like to suggest an honor system for not delving too deep into the Overlord section, if reading it at all. There's some fun stuff in there that may essentially be spoiled for you if this is your first time with this system.

The Brayster on
    I read the core book up to, but not including, Chapter 6 (the Overlord chapter). I am willing to negotiate because they all look pretty cool, but I am currently digging the Orc playbook the most.

I'm pretty open in general, and will be fine with most any role (Don't want The Heir).

If I had to pick one I lean most towards at the moment, it'd probably be The Squire, but not super attached there.

• El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    Sure, I’ll give this thing a try!

I'm pretty open in general, and will be fine with most any role (Don't want The Heir).

If I had to pick one I lean most towards at the moment, it'd probably be The Squire, but not super attached there.

One thing I forgot to mention, and it is quite important, is that The Squire differs from the others on one very important point - they don't Command Lore of a Race. They make up for this through other means (their ability to make friends and form bonds is phenomenal), but it can be a big deal for a lot of players. The Squire can technically be any other race, and more often than not choose to share it with the Heir (which tends to be the Human equivilant).

Yep, I saw that. I was more interested in the bond parts, and the "support" character aspect of it.

El Skid wrote: »

Awesome!

I've added you to a PM with a link to the materials you need for the moment. I'm not sure if adding people to an existing message lets them see previous posts, so let me know if I need to send it to you individually.

Awesome!

I've added you to a PM with a link to the materials you need for the moment. I'm not sure if adding people to an existing message lets them see previous posts, so let me know if I need to send it to you individually.

I only see one post there currently- if theres other posts people have made maybe send them along separately?

Awesome!

I only see one post there currently- if theres other posts people have made maybe send them along separately?

That's fine, there's just the one post with the dropbox link for the Rulebook and the Playbooks.

edited July 2020
    Okay, I’ve had a quick read throuh the non-overlord sections.

Ready to proceed when everyone else is!

El Skid on
    I'll leave this open for another couple of hours to see if one last person wants in, then we can get the ball rolling.

Feel free to start choosing playbooks and let everyone else know what you're interested in. Even if one more joins, there is one more playbook than there would be players so there's still a choice there.

edited July 2020
    Looking at the halfling playbook myself... seems fun!

El Skid on
    I'm feeling the Heir or the Dwarf, personally

Okay everyone, I'm calling time on recruitment. Five Participants makes for a healthy game!

I would now like you all to go through the following steps for creation:

1: Pick Your Playbook*
    2: Choose Your Name, Look, and Agenda
    3: Assign Your Stats
    4: Choose Your Moves
    5: Choose Your Gear

Please do not Establish Lore yet, or establish bonds. These steps will follow once I've revealed The Overlord, the form of whom depends on what you guys come up with in this first stage. Once you're done, share what you've come up with. Feel free to share the reasoning behind your choices, but again - No Lore!

*Please announce which playbook you are intending to use ASAP, so we don't end up with duplicates and wasted time.

Putting out the call to ensure everyone is aware of us moving on:

@Dex Dynamo @El Skid @AustinP0027 @Invictus @JusticeforPluto

I like the look of Squire or Orc myself.

My two picks are The Heir and The Dwarf, depending on what people choose.

Halfling is my preference...I could see orc too

edited July 2020
    Since everyone else has indicated no preference for halflings, here’s the start of my halfling!

Name: Rose Leaflighter
    Look: Twinkling eyes, Luscious curls, Wiry body
    Agendas: Be brave take risks, Tell us of your people, Improve the world around you, Have fun

Stats:

Blood: +2
    Courage: +2
    Grace: +1
    Sense: +0
    Wisdom: -1

What is a Halfling?

Determined Survivors

Your people have suffered many setbacks and tragedies, and they have never stopped you yet. You know exactly when to stand your ground and exactly when to bail.
    When you Get Away or Keep Them Busy and get a 6-, you may instead use the other Move as if you rolled a 7-9.

Halfling Core:

The little folk (courage)
    When you do something clever or sneaky while no one is looking, roll +Courage.
    On a 7+, you do it, and no one notices right away.
    On a 9-, everyone knows you did it, as soon as they notice what you did.

Sting like a bee
    When you Keep Them Busy by getting in close and get a 7+, choose one.
    You can only Sting Like A Bee against those who are larger than you.
    • You get them to chase you around, and you both leave the scene.
    • You steal something small from them, and they don't notice until they need it or you taunt them with it.
    • You get them talking - ask a question from the Speak Softly list.
    • You think fast - ask a question from the Look Closely list.

Halfling Customs:

Small target
    When you Overcome an enemy by getting out of their way, on a 7+, you manage to get completely out of sight - your attacker loses track of you, although you must still pay a price on a 7-9 result. On a 12+, everyone loses track of you - tell us where you went, and you're there.

Who's the tough guy now, tough guy?
    When you Overcome an enemy and get a 7+, you may Sting Like A Bee.
    When you could Finish Them, you may Keep Them Busy as if you got a 10+ instead.

Gear:

Knife (Melee)
    Halfling packed lunch (Food, 2 Uses, each Use feeds three people).
    Burglar's Gear (Useful, 2 Uses)
    A riding spear (Melee) and a riding dog, which you have 2 Bonds with.
    Another halfling packed lunch (Food, 2 Uses, each use feeds three people) and some snacks (Food, 2 Uses)
    A purse full of foreign coins (Precious, 2 Uses)

Riding Dog:

Rose’s riding dog is a Great Dane named Barktholomew, or more often just Barky.

Bonds:

Barky would give his life for Rose
    Barky is a good boy, and follows Rose’s commands

I see Barky as being really good at reading Rose, and using that information to decide how to treat people. Rose has a good poker face and doesn’t really let her true emotions show mostly. But she really likes Arthur, so Barky is probably a bit too friendly with him. But if Rose dislikes someone Barky wil probably pick up on that and put his ears back, maybe growl in extreme cases... even as Rose laughs and jokes while playing a card game and not really acknowledging the person.

El Skid on
    Invictus claimed Orc earlier, so Justice, you can grab the Squire. I’ll look at one of the others maybe the Elf

edited July 2020
    Is the game flexible enough not to have Gandall The Grey (name made using suggestions in the book haha) in the party and for it still to be viable? Seems like the Harbringer brings some early power to bear that the others don’t have, so thought I’d make sure we’re good to skip them

El Skid on
    Id also be cool with Elf since you said you wanted Squire earlier Austin. Elf really caught my eye after reading the rulebook.

You decide which you want, I’ll take the other. I’m good either way

Elf then for me

Alright, I claim Squire then.

Just leaves you @Dex Dynamo

Is the game flexible enough not to have Gandall The Grey (name made using suggestions in the book haha) in the party and for it still to be viable? Seems like the Harbringer brings some early power to bear that the others don’t have, so thought I’d make sure we’re good to skip them

Absolutely! It just means your party is being motivated by something other than an old man screaming 'Prophecy!' 'Prophecy!' 'Destiny!' 'Doom!' as you go.

edited August 2020
    Arthur the Squire

Name: Arthur Greenhand
    Look: Short hair, Peasant’s clothes, Determined Eyes, Thin Body
    Agendas:
    Be Brave, Take Risks
    Tell Us of Your People
    Improve the World Around You
    Friendship is Magic

Stats:

Blood: -1 (Damaged)
    Courage: +2
    Grace: +0
    Sense: +2
    Wisdom: +1 (Damaged)

What is Your Purpose?

Keep Them Safe
    You are here to make sure they come back home after this all is over, no matter what. When you are with someone you have a Bond with and they take harm, you make take that harm in their place.

Squire Core:

Fast Friends
    When you spend a scene by someone's side or Speak Softly with them, you may gain a Bond with them
    immediately.
    You can have an unlimited number of Bonds with anybody. People who you have Bonds with do not become Companions. You do not have enough pull with the fellowship to just recruit people. Those you have Bonds with will think well of you and will try not to harm you if they can help it, regardless of their feelings for the rest of the fellowship.
    You can Command Lore about anyone you have any Bonds with, except for your Bonds with other players. You can Command Lore about Companions, friends, and minions of the Overlord who you have Bonds with, but you cannot Command Lore about the other heroes of the fellowship or about the Overlord.
    This move cannot be Shared.

Please, Just Listen
    When you Talk Sense to someone, you may erase a Bond with them instead of owing them a favor. When you Speak Softly with someone, you may erase a Bond with them to make them answer a question they refuse to answer.

It's Dangerous To Go Alone
    When you watch someone's back and keep your eyes peeled, you can roll to Overcome any harm against them with +Sense instead of +Blood.

Squire Customs:

I Won't Let You Down!
    When you Keep Them Busy and get a 7-9, you may erase a Bond to take the 10+ result instead. The Bond must either be with someone you are protecting, or with someone who is helping you to Keep Them Busy

We'll Make It
    Your Bonds have the Healing tag, and you can Use them by erasing them. Your Bonds can only be used to heal the person listed in them, and only while you are by their side.
    This move cannot be Shared.

Gear:

Knife (Melee)
    Simple Food (Food, 4 Uses).
    Traveler’s Gear (Useful, 2 Uses)
    A simple sword (Melee)
    A heavy crossbow (Ranged, Piercing, Reload)
    Horses or ponies for everyone. No one has any bonds with them - if they are damaged, they are lost until you recover
    The Overlord’s Weakness, though I don’t know I have it

AustinP0027 on
    edited July 2020
    I will grab The Heir then!
    Namora Rose, Queen of Cut-purse Cove, The Redeemed & Irredeemable, Blessed by the Gaze of the Accursed Crow
    Look: Luxurious Hair, Scarred Face, Weary Eyes, Practical Uniform

Agendas
    Be Brave, Take Risks
    Tell Us Of Your People
    A Softer Touch: Use Kindness, Diplomacy, and Compromise Whenever Possible

Stats
    Blood -1
    Courage +0
    Grace +2
    Sense +1
    Wisdom +2

What is the Heir?
    The Forgotten Lands: Cut-purse Cove, the Lost Pirate Haven of Lore
    Your kingdom was believed to not exist, until recently. Your people are unlike any in all the world. You have a useful and powerful feature that is unique to you and your people. You have this trait at all times, unless it is marked, and can use it to help you in any way necessary. While this trait is marked, it is damaged and cannot help you.
    Special Trait: Walks Among Kings & Cut-throats Alike

Heir Core
    Royal Treatment: When you visit the ruler of a place and introduce yourself, you and your friends are all given a room for the night and a hot meal to Fill Your Belly, free of charge.
    Yes, My Liege: When you issue a command to someone below your rank, they'll do it immediately, no questions asked. Someone is below your rank if they are of your People, if they are a Companion, or if they serve or follow someone who has shown you Royal Treatment. You never need to Talk Sense into someone who is below your rank. When you give a command that directly harms the person you gave the command to, they become immune to this move forever.

Heir Custom
    Quiet! Don't Move: When you duck aside and stay silent and still, enemies will never spot you unless you leave your position. You may hide your allies as well, so long as you hold up a hand, warning them to silence, and they do not speak.
    How Dare You: When someone insults you to your face, you may choose to lash out or remain stoic.
    • If you lash out, roll to Finish Them with +Blood if you lash out with your weapon, or +Grace if you lash out with your tongue.
    • If you remain stoic, ask two questions from the Look Closely list without rolling. Their outburst tells you everything.

Gear
    Sea rations (Food, 3 uses (_ _ _))
    Healing Poultices (Healing, Slow, 2 Uses (_ _))
    A beautiful dueling rapier with a long and storied past (Melee, Precious)
    The Skeleton Key*, a symbol of royalty which will grant you an audience with anyone you show it to (this is irreplaceable — don't lose it)
    Copious amounts of Fine Food (Food, 3 Uses (_ _ _)) and Drink (Healing, Drunk, 2 Uses (_ _))

And because I am quite rich, and may choose a Gear option that has not been chosen off of another character's playbook...
    An address book full of "family friends". You may use this item to find a friend in any town you go to. You have a bond with them. Write it now. (1 use (_))

* Ceremonial, not a functional skeleton key

Companions
    Butler: O'Hare, my beloved family butler, best friend, and it's worth noting, an extremely accomplished mixologist
    Bodyguard: He goes by Watchtower, and frankly I was a little afraid to ask if that's a given name or a nickname
    Warhorse: Getaway the getaway-horse; her role is self-explanatory

I also get a Fellowship move with the community I call home, but I would like to take that later once we build some lore and get to know the world a little bit.

Dex Dynamo on
    Looking good so far guys!

I've added a 'Smaller Files' folder to the Dropbox link, which has a basic rules cheatsheet and an individual file for each playbook to save everyone from constantly having to scroll through the core rulebook, should hopefully make things easier as we go.

edited August 2020
    Kaj Sirocco, The Orc
    Look: Burning, intense eyes
    Damaged body
    Patchwork armor
    Intricate scars

Blood: +2
    Courage: +1
    Grace: -1
    Sense: +2
    Wisdom: 0 X

Agendas:
    Be Brave, Take Risks
    Tell Us of Your People
    Born Rebel: Fix the system, by any means necessary

What is an Orc?
    Daughters of Chaos
    Your people are born free, determined to follow their hearts and choose their own destinies. When someone attempts to enslave, control, intimidate, terrify, or command you, you can always act as you please. The Overlord cannot use the moves Twist the Knife, Fear Me, or An Offer You Can't Refuse on you, and your people are immune to the Heir's Core move Yes, My Liege.

Core Orc

The Fires of Industry
    As long as you have a minute's time and destroy something in the process, you can craft an Orc-Made weapon of your own design. Orc-Made weapons are Clumsy in any hands but an Orc's, and they are ugly to all but Orcs. The weapon is Melee. Weapons you make are not added to your Gear - they are temporary and must be replaced when they are lost or damaged. You cannot carry more than 4 weapons you've made at a single time, but you can restock weaponry between scenes as you like. When you Share this move with another, they gain an appreciation for the utility or simplicity of Orc-Made weaponry. Orc-Made weapons are not Clumsy in the hands of those with this move.

Dishonor Before Death
    When you try to kill someone in glorious combat, you can break your weapon to roll to Finish Them, even if you do not have an advantage. When you must pay a price, you may always choose to break your weapon.

Orc Custom

I Smell Fear
    When you Look Closely at a person, so closely it makes them upset, uncomfortable, or scared, you may ask questions from both the Speak Softly and the Look Closely lists, and you can ask one more question than your roll would normally allow.

Self-Orctualized
    Choose two options from the final list of Orcish Gear (strong as an ox, tough as nails, scary as hell, or cunning as can be). Both of those options are added to your Gear permanently. You cannot choose an option you already have.

Gear:

Orcish Weapons (4, each breakable) _X_ __ __ __
    Strange Jerky (Food, 3 uses) __ __ __
    Something I Found Over There Somewhere (Useful, 2 Uses) __ __
    Bear trap (Trap, 3 uses). Immobilizes and causes distracting pain. __ __ __
    Orcish moonshine (Food for Orcs, Drunk then Vigor, 2 Uses). I may replace its tags with (Ranged, Thrown, Burning). _X_ __

The orcs named me their champion because (I have three, due to Self-Orctualized):
    Tough as nails (2 Uses, Armor) _X_ X__
    Scary as hell (2 Uses). Use this to Talk Sense whether they want to listen or not, and you can roll with +Blood instead of another stat. __ __
    Cunning as can be (2 Uses). Use this to Look Closely without rolling, asking one question from the list. __ __

Companion(s):

Kaj's mount, Sandstorm the Varg: These massive wolves are large enough for a full grown ogre to ride, and surly enough to make an ogre think twice about doing it.

Cruel Beast
    Go for the Jugular

Invictus on
    Isensya Grey Elf
    Look
    Piercing Eyes
    Dark Hood
    Fancy Cloak
    Willowy Body

Agenda
    Be Brave, Take Risks
    Tell Us Of Your People
    Improve The World Around You

Plus Eternal Patience (My choice) Play the long game. You have all the time in the world, so act like it.

Stats
    Blood: 1
    Courage: 0
    Grace: 2
    Senses: 2
    Wisdom: -1

What is an Elf
    Star Elf, Your people come from beyond the skies, and your technology is highly advanced. You start with High-Tech Gizmos (2 Uses, Useful, Elf-Made) in your Gear. Instead of burning any non-elf who holds them, Elf-Made items electrocute any non-elf attempting to use them without proper training, causing them to pass out where they stand.

Elven Core (All Elves have these moves)
    When you draw upon the elven power that humans sometimes call magic, choose a spell from below, then mark it. You cannot use a spell while it is marked. When you Fill Your Belly, remove a mark from one spell. When you Recover, remove all marks on your spells.
    Camouflage: Become invisible and undetectable. This lasts until you attack or decide to make yourself known.
    Keen Senses: Ask a single question about your surroundings, and immediately receive a truthful answer.
    Sense Magic: Immediately know what here is magical and where it is. If there is nothing magical here, you do not mark this spell.
    Whisper on the Wind: Send a message to someone you have a Bond with. They will hear it whispered in their ears moments after you send it, and they can send a reply of up to 5 words.

When you Share this move with another, they choose a single spell from the list. That spell is the only one they can use. You can Share this move with someone multiple times. Each time you do, they learn another of your spells.

Touch the world lightly: You can safely walk on top of snow, across thin tree branches, along precarious ledges, or on top of held weaponry. You can also run along walls, up trees, or across treacherous surfaces safely, although only for short distances. You still need to roll to Get Away if you use this move to escape danger.

Elven Custom
    Elfsight: Your eyes are unnaturally good, and you can see fine detail even through the darkest night or densest fog. When you Look Closely, you may study any location you can see, no matter how distant, as if you were standing right there.
    Elder might: When you wish to use an Elder Art you have already marked, you may do so by marking a different Elder Art. This Move cannot be Shared.

Gear
    Light armor (Armor, Elf-Made, 1 Use)
    A bottle of elven wine (Healing, Drunk, 2 Uses)
    A survival knife (Melee, Elf-Made) and an extra quiver (3 ammo)
    A ring signifying your membership in a secret organization. You can Use this item to identify another member of this organization, instantly gaining a Bond with them.

edited July 2020
    Cool stuff everyone! I'll get to work on The Overlord soon.

If you need to make any further tweaks, possibly inspired by the others, now is the time.

The Fellowship as it currently stands:

The Host:

The Halfling - Rose Leaflighter

The Squire - Arthur Greenhand

The Heir - Namora Rose

The Orc - Kaj Sirocco

The Elf - Isensya Grey

Companions + Followers:

Roses' Riding Dog

O'Hare, Butler and Mixologist

Watchtower the Bodyguard

Sandstorm the Varg

Horses/Ponies for everyone without their own mount.

The Brayster on
    edited July 2020
    For the backup weapon I have, do I need to pick one of the group’s weapons now or does it just become whatever weapon I choose to replace along the way?

Also, How important are horses/ponies to traveling? Trying to understand how impactful the group not having them would be for my useful choice decision (also depending on the answer above)

AustinP0027 on
    For the backup weapon I have, do I need to pick one of the group’s weapons now or does it just become whatever weapon I choose to replace along the way?

Also, How important are horses/ponies to traveling? Trying to understand how impactful the group not having them would be for my useful choice decision (also depending on the answer above)

1) Yes, pick one of the other weapons now. If it something rare or somewhat unique, you and the other player can come up with a reason why you might have a weapon just like theirs. The Fellowship is already established before you all begin, so it's not like you miraculously have the same, rare weapon as them by chance. You've got a lot of options.

2) They're as important as events need them to be. If you as a group decide to take down a group of local horse-bandits, then obviously a lack of mounts will come against you. If you learn of a threat far away you want to intercept, obviously it would help if you have mounts, but unless the group is in a pretty unique position, there's no reason why you couldn't acquire mounts as you need them. In others words, providing mounts is useful, yes, but so is literally every other ability when used right. Don't hamper yourself with utility, do what you think sounds fun.

edited July 2020
    We don’t have that unique of weapon selections, so I’ll just swap the weapon for Horses/Ponies for the whole group instead

AustinP0027 on
    Oh, one thing I forgot to note in my Companions is Getaway the getaway-horse, my trusted warhorse