As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Steam] now returns you to your regular programming.

• Options
    übergeekübergeek Sector 2814Registered User regular
    übergeek wrote: »
    A thank you to Questor for an XCOM 2 bundle and to "Pixelated Pixie" for Resident Evil 7. Both monsters, gift them more. I retaliated against Questor but most of Pixie's list is unreleased games, I feel like that's cheating somehow.

I can't imagine why...

Clearly the thread needs to gift Pixie more unreleased games to have a well rounded approach.

Well the problem is they don't have prices so you can't even gift her vaporware that may or may not exist in the future.

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    anoffday wrote: »
    I'm spending the weekend avoiding steam sales and instead checking out the huge itch.io bundle.

Just spent a hour playing Micro Mages and it was really good. You're a cute little mage that can jump and shoot and pick up powers like a feather that gives you a little bird on your head so you can glide or a fairy that lets you take a hit and continue. Levels are in towers that you have to navigate that have bosses at the top. NES style graphics and music that are really good and you can have 4 players which sounds pretty cool. Also, I love the password style save system. I plan to get back to it and hopefully beat it. I'm assuming it's not too long. If you picked up that bundle and consider yourself a platformer fan, check it out.

3xRRJY0.png

The crazy thing is that it actually runs natively on the NES. They have a fantastic design series on YouTube (or maybe it was a blog, it was a while ago) about all the creative decisions they had to make to squeeze it into the original hardware. Definitely worth playing!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    Calescent wrote: »
    Armillo (not Armello) is a sci-fi style rolling 3D platformer that is free to keep for a limited time, but there is no listed end date. The developer said that Steam moderators mislabeled the game as a free trial, which is misleading, and is trying to get clarification.

6tyjsg5e74pr.jpg

Thanks for the heads up. This actually looks pretty cool, downloading now.

Steam: offday
  • Options
    ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    Wikipedia wrote:
    American football is the most popular sport in the United States. The most popular forms of the game are professional and college football, with the other major levels being high school and youth football. As of 2012, nearly 1.1 million high school athletes and 70,000 college athletes play the sport in the United States annually. The National Football League, the most popular American football league, has the highest average attendance of any professional sports league in the world. Its championship game, the Super Bowl, ranks among the most-watched club sporting events in the world. The league has an annual revenue of around US$10 billion. Other professional leagues exist worldwide, but the sport does not have the international popularity of other American sports like baseball or basketball.

So naturally, the greatest video game ever created of the #1 American sport was made in Japan. (We still have the second best with NFL Blitz 2000, though, nyah.)

Tecmo Super Bowl is football pared to the essentials. Only four running and four passing plays, two buttons, and quarters that scream by in less than two minutes. This is the kind of sports game that even non sports people can pick up and immediately enjoy, pulling off feats of superheroics from a sports anime whenever those cutscenes cut during gameplay at just the right moments. It's so eminently playable that hardcore fans still continue to produce yearly updates to the game.

f7cujmyveod5.png

For our semifinals, however, we're going to use the original release (mostly) unchanged. The images each player selected from represents the homes of the 28 teams from the 1991 NFL season in some incredibly tortured stretches of logic. Here's the full list:
    crgj51b54acp.png
    1. San Francisco (49ers): The Rock, set in Alcatraz Island.
    2. Chicago (Bears): Robert Stack as Chicago lawman Eliot Ness.
    3. Cincinnati (Bengals): a.k.a. "Porkopolis"
    4. Buffalo (Bills): Raul Julia's M. Bison from Street Fighter.
    5. Denver (Broncos): Denver, the Last Dinosaur.
    6. Cleveland (Browns): Cleveland's area code, one of which Ludacris claims to have established female companionship.
    7. Miami (Dolphins): Rick Ross, esteemed poet laureate of Miami.
    8. San Diego (Chargers): "They named it San Diego, which of course in German means 'a whale's vagina.'" --Ron Burgundy
    9. Los Angeles (Raiders): City of Angels + pirate = angelic pirate.
    10. Indianapolis (Colts): Home of Indianapolis Motor Speedway, "The Brickyard."
    11. Dallas (Cowboys): Cast of 1978 series Dallas.
    12. New England (Patriots): A tea party, pretty big in Boston.
    13. Philadelphia (Eagles): Rocky Balboa, Philly's #1 son.
    14. Atlanta (Falcons): OutKast, esteemed poet laureates of the ATL.
    15. New York (Giants): The Big Apple + giants = a really big apple.
    16. Detroit (Michigan): Ford GT40, product of the Motor City.
    17. Houston (Oilers): Houston's greatest contribution to the world was producing me.
    18. New York (Jets): The Big Apple + jets = a really fast apple.
    19. Green Bay (Packers): Cheese Bridge Area from Super Mario World.
    20. Tampa Bay (Buccaneers): John Cena, esteemed poet laureate of Tampa Bay.
    21. Kansas City (Chiefs): KC HiLites. I didn't think this one through very hard.
    22. Washington D.C.: Thomas Edison, notable advocate of direct current.
    23. New Orleans (Saints): King cake, an N.O. carnival tradition.
    24. Los Angeles (Rams): City of Angels + ram = angelic sheep.
    25. Phoenix (Cardinals): AriZona ice tea. Originally and more accurately a painting of a phoenix, but changed since I forgot the team didn't rename to the Arizona Cardinals until 1993.
    26. Pittsburgh (Steelers): A city of metal.
    27. Minnesota (Vikings): Mini soda. (No, I will not apologize for this one.)
    28. Seattle (Seahawks): A needle in space. A space needle, if you will. (Okay, I will apologize for this one. It was late.)
    Each player had selected a primary team and backup in case they are matched with an identical team (mirror matches are not allowed). Since there are no duplicates, everyone will run with their first image/team choice.

fr91xyhr2jno.png
    • Each match is resolved with one COM vs COM game. Winner advances to the finals. Simple.

So get ready for some exciting pre-pre-season computerized NFL action with the most questionable field goal attempts in the league!

• Options
    ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    k4ynf67660tb.png

Match 5: @cardboard delusions, @HiT BiT
    https://youtu.be/SwYR4UxzlHo

Match 6: @Iolo, @Madican
    https://youtu.be/Uo3Yog5Hyfw

FINAL RESULTS
    cardbooard delusions (49ers) vs HiT BiT (Bills)
    0ze3vkwz4tzv.png

Iolo (Saints) vs Madican (Washington)
    8ma08htaqgo8.png

• Options
    And finally, big ups to the homie @Iolo for hooking me up with some real science shit!

1hgnnc5jdnw6.png

• Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    TeeMan wrote: »
    anoffday wrote: »
    I'm spending the weekend avoiding steam sales and instead checking out the huge itch.io bundle.

Just spent a hour playing Micro Mages and it was really good. You're a cute little mage that can jump and shoot and pick up powers like a feather that gives you a little bird on your head so you can glide or a fairy that lets you take a hit and continue. Levels are in towers that you have to navigate that have bosses at the top. NES style graphics and music that are really good and you can have 4 players which sounds pretty cool. Also, I love the password style save system. I plan to get back to it and hopefully beat it. I'm assuming it's not too long. If you picked up that bundle and consider yourself a platformer fan, check it out.

3xRRJY0.png

The crazy thing is that it actually runs natively on the NES. They have a fantastic design series on YouTube (or maybe it was a blog, it was a while ago) about all the creative decisions they had to make to squeeze it into the original hardware. Definitely worth playing!

That's pretty cool. I heard they sold actual NES carts. I love seeing new games for old systems.

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Zavian wrote: »
    ABdlHEC.jpg
    signature.pngsignature.png
    signature.png
    Wooooo Summer Dale Blowout! Get 'em while theyre HAWT!!!!

This is incredible. I kind of want to enter some of them, but have no idea what most of them are about. And that's a LOT of stuff to research. Hmm....

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    QuestorQuestor PAX Aus Tabletop [E] Melbourne, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Void Bastards I can highly recommend

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    Hellblade is good and people should enter for it!

• Options
    edited July 2020
    Zavian wrote: »
    Hellblade is good and people should enter for it!

Watched some videos for it. Took me forever to find something with gameplay. That doesn't look like a game I'd be at all interested in. Thanks for the recommendation though. My tastes are...unusual these days.

Edit: I do love BSG though (probably my favorite TV series ever), so I entered that one. Hope it's good!

MNC Dover on
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    7XKSERf.png

So The giant SFs versus the laser buffaloes. And the weebloes versus a pile of potatoes?

*blink*

Do I understand sports now? Because I think I understand sports now.

• Options
    I would totally be a fan of the laser buffaloes.

• Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    That is an excellent way to handle the slurs.

• Options
    Unprovoked retaliation from @Caedwyr , gifting me Hob!

Really excited to play this and sad that the studio no longer exists. Thank you so much! <3

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Finished Katamary Damacey Reroll

Its really great. You should play it.

Bit of a crime that the soundtrack isnt on steam tho.

• Options
    Katamari games are soooo good. I want the sequels on PC damnit!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    5e7axvb0waha.png

I was minding my own business, just playing ESO, and @Questor did this thing.

Thanks! <3<3<3

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    Thank you so much for @Iolo for Wolfenstein: The Old Blood! Been wanting to play this for a long time.

sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    Ah ha ha first play turnover Saints! Woo!

Also 100% agreed w/ Kai_San on the well handled team name issue, @Zxerol! Fortunately, at long long long overdue last, there's word that issue may be getting addressed.

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    there I was in chat, innocently cowering in fear at the prospect of getting banned for posting lame giphy memes, when I was suddenly BANNED BY THE MODS!
    2lynkAE.jpg
    Much thanks @Spoit (mods!) for Banished! <3<3<3

….
    #PowerMadModGifters

• Options
    MOD ABOOSE! MOD ABOOOOOOOOSE! :bigfrown:

• Options
    @Questor did a thing!

dQgjesz.png

djiqKiS.gif

IT LOOKS SO CUTE! THANK YOU!

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Pikuniku goes places.

• Options
    EmberquickEmberquick Master of Dungeons Deep UndergroundRegistered User regular
    OMG, now @Krummith has piled on with a gift of Druidstone: The Secret of the Menhir Forest!

"Iolo dragged me back in too!" he says. Yeah, that's how they get you.

UNCLE EMBERQUICK'S STORYTIME!
    So Druidstone is from the makers of the Legend of Grimrock games. They are really fun gridders that pay homage to one of the first of that genre, Dungeon Master (an all-time favorite of mine that I used to play on my Atari ST). A bunch of years ago, our own amazing @HiT BiT made some custom forum avatars for folks based on the avatars they were using at the time. Back then I was using a screenshot of the Dungeon Master title screen, and I cheekily told Mr. BiT something like "My avatar is a dungeon door, good luck anthropomorphizing THAT!"

Well, as you can plainly see, it likely took him all of a minute to ace that challenge. I have proudly used that Avatar ever since, and will probably never change it.

In any case . . . thanks, Krummith! You're my favorite DJ Spock, don't you ever change.

8-)

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    I got distracted by marbles (hey, watching Jelle's Marble Runs is addicting and everyone should do it!), and this happened:

eaxc6lz1unxv.png

Thanks to @Pixelated Pixie for the Eschalon Trilogy! I was all about the old-school style of RPGs- so many titles, so many hours and days wiled away grinding up stats and hoarding items! Thanks again!

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Iolo wrote: »
    Ah ha ha first play turnover Saints! Woo!

Also 100% agreed w/ Kai_San on the well handled team name issue, @Zxerol! Fortunately, at long long long overdue last, there's word that issue may be getting addressed.

Yeah, I had been thinking how I wanted to handle Washington's football team since letting it go wasn't an option for me. Just as I was putting everything together today, I read that those dummies finally are considering making the team, you know, not fucking racist. Clearly it wasn't a coincidence.

No no, you all don't have to thank me for this. History will remember me regardless. You're all welcome.

p.s. Dan Snyder can continue to eat shit foreeeeeever

Zxerol on
  • Options
    The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    Dear fucking god.

Thank you so much for the GIFT TRAIN @Orivon

Which included: Absolver, One Step From Eden, Prey: Mooncrash, Deadcells: The Bad Seed Bundle, Renowned Explorers: The Emperors Challenge, Satisfactory, Griftlands, and Hitman Go

*Weeps in backlog*

Just good grief. I'm blown away, thank you so much.

Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • Options
    Just minding my own business having lunch and @Bedlam comes in with the fact that Hell Is Other Demons

Thank you! <3

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    HeartfinderHeartfinder Registered User regular
    Before it slips my mind, thank you @Iolo for Slay the Spire!

steam_sig-400.png
  • Options
    HerothHeroth Registered User regular
    nt1mhmg62ba7.png
    There i was, asleep and defenceless when @Iolo shoved me into a space suit and flung me out into the void of space!

Thanks for heat signature, Iolo!

1Gn4PNI.png
  • Options
    TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    JaysonFour wrote: »
    I got distracted by marbles (hey, watching Jelle's Marble Runs is addicting and everyone should do it!), and this happened:

eaxc6lz1unxv.png

Thanks to "Pixelated Pixie" for the Eschalon Trilogy! I was all about the old-school style of RPGs- so many titles, so many hours and days wiled away grinding up stats and hoarding items! Thanks again!

#hazeamaze

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    KrummithKrummith DJ Logic Death can't take me until I finish my backlogRegistered User regular
    @Emberquick decided to drop some deep groove on me with Disco Elysium. Super classy!
    1fakn5ihpc1g.png

• Options
    I feel like most of this page has been gifting. Good....good.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    Big thanks to @Krummith for Post Human W.A.R. and @Karoz for Sigma Theory!
    TCrzso8.png
    C2Zli7v.png

Much appreciated, Steam fellows! <3

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    Was taking care of Gotham's Most Wanted in Arkham Knight, when a chat window popped up suggesting I was in need of more "Over The Top Destruction" in my life. It was a correct assessment.

Thanks to @questor for Hard Reset Redux
    krxi6jzoo7rg.png

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    HerothHeroth Registered User regular
    edited July 2020
    Having somehow survived being thrown out of an airlock, @Questor saved me while i was drifting aimlessly in space! only to throw me out the airlock *again* This time over a planet that appears to be mostly water... having no other choice i've been forced to join a crew of submariners, hopefully to make enough money to get off this water-world...

Thanks for Barotrauma, questor!

Heroth on
    1Gn4PNI.png
  • Options
    EmberquickEmberquick Master of Dungeons Deep UndergroundRegistered User regular
    I'm rusty at this, guys. When @Questor asked to friend me on Steam (during a Dale, no less), I honestly didn't think about the consequences.

Then lo and behold, a wild message appears: "There is not nearly enough zombie killing in your life right now. Let's rectify this." Along with a link to Dead Rising 4!

Dead Rising holds a special place in my heart--the first one consumed my life for a while on the Xbox 360. I'm not too familiar with the plot of 4, but it has Frank West in it and that's good enough for me. As long as ol' Frank can wear ridiculous costumes and take disturbingly inappropriate photos of zombies, I'm all in.

Thanks, new buddy Questor!

8-)

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Now THIS is a Steam Sale. I come back after napping and most of the unread messages were gifts.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Whoops forgot to post this hours ago
    puqfoqn1jwvw.png
    Thanks @21stCentury!

This discussion has been closed.