As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The [Overwatch] Thread: June Joust Starts May 21

• KanaKana Registered User regular
    Genji hasn't been in the meta for like 2 years

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
    And yet's he's maintained a constant middle of the pack pick and win rate, despite mutliple anti-dive heroes being added. He was at best about 10th in line for a buff, and he in no way needed 4 or 5 all around the same time.

ZD98Zka.png
    I randomly played in a game with TreeBoyDave yesterday. Nothing special happened but it was kinda neat.

ZD98Zka.png
  • DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    I think that was because folks played Genji in spite of his badness cause he's fun.

But yeah he kind of has stunk at higher ranks for a while now.

• miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    starting shortly:

haven't really paid attention to who all's participating, harb's on a team with ace and derrek

uc3ufTB.png
    oh shit bastionmain is in the tourney

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    edited June 2020
    Patch notes!
    COMPETITIVE UPDATES

Open Queue Added to Competitive Play

Starting with Season 23, Competitive Play will support both Role Queue and Open Queue. These will be separate queues, so you won’t see Role Queue teams playing against Open Queue teams. Open Queue will have its own SR and leaderboard, separate from the role-specific Role Queue SRs and leaderboards.

Adjustments to Seasonal Placements for High SR Players

Beginning with Season 23, the maximum Skill Rating (SR) earned after a player completes each season’s placements has been capped at 3900 SR. Players are still matched with other players of similar skill, as we want to keep matches as fair and fun as possible. As each player participates in more games during the current season, their SR will slowly rise to reach a value that fully reflects their current skill.

This change is intended to address many of the issues that SR Decay tried to fix, but in a more positive manner that rewards staying active and playing more games instead of penalizing players for not playing enough. Achieving a very high SR at the end of a season can no longer be achieved by completing a mere five placement matches. This does mean you may see larger SR differences between all the players in a very high SR match than in previous seasons, as two similar and highly skilled players might have different SRs based on how many games they’ve played during the season.

HERO UPDATES

Ashe

Dynamite

Cooldown increased from 10 to 12 seconds

Developer Comment: With recent improvements to Ashe’s weapon her overall damage output has increased significantly. Toning Dynamite down will lower her overall damage while keeping her damage output focused on her rifle.

Brigitte

Repair Pack

No longer grants an additional armor health pool

Barrier Shield

Maximum health increased from 200 to 250
    Regeneration rate decreased from 100 to 85 health per second
    Cooldown when destroyed increased from 3 to 5 seconds

Developer Comment: Granting additional maximum health is a powerful ability and has proven too effective when combined with the additional healing of Repair Pack. Brigitte’s barrier will now provide more protection up front, enabling her to withstand more directed fire, but will also have a longer downtime if it is destroyed.

D.Va

Fusion Cannons

Movement penalty reduced from 50 to 40%

Defense Matrix

Cooldown reduced from 1.5 to 1 second

Micro Missiles

Activation delay reduced from 0.5 to 0.25 seconds

Developer Comment: These buffs are aimed at making D.Va feel more fluid and responsive to play.

Junkrat

Concussion Mine

Trigger delay reduced from 0.156 to 0.1 seconds

RIP-Tire

Time to take control of Junkrat post detonation has been reduced from 1.5 to 0.9 seconds

Developer Comment: These are a couple quality of life changes for Junkrat. This makes it possible to do some Concussion Mine jumps that were no longer possible after a previous increase to its projectile speed.

BUG FIXES

General

Fixed a bug with patch notes truncation for the Taiwanese locale
    Fixed a bug with specific hero ultimate voicelines playing both their friendly and enemy team variations

Heroes

Ashe

Fixed a bug with an Incorrect shadow displayed across the hood of the Little Red skin

Lucio

Fixed a bug with Lucio being able to switch to Heal Song while stunned

Reinhardt

Fixed a bug with fire strike appearing invisible for allies

Roadhog

Fixed a bug that allowed Roadhog to hook Baptiste’s Immortality Field

Wrecking Ball

Fixed a bug where Wrecking Ball could hit an enemy much faster than intended with Roll Damage

Experimental changes are in. Open queue is now permanently available alongside Role queue.

The biggest change is that placements now cap at 3900. So top level players get to watch that SR rise instead of hitting 4600 right away and fighting back and forth for top 50ish all season. Still matched by MMR so they aren't just lumped in with high master players.

SirToasty on
    The games have been pretty good so far, but the meme game has been top notch

the OW group is goin' right now if anyone wants to play

Kana#12104

edited July 2020
    Did anyone else forget there was OWL today?

Catching up on the live stream:
    Houston and Toronto pull off upsets? I'd be thrilled if not for the fact that Shock is just gonna massacre Toronto. Maybe Houston can go on a run against Vancouver/Atlanta?

Edit:
    On second thought, maybe Shock picks Houston to snuff them out. They seem like they could go on a run with than Toronto and Shock likes to snuff those teams out early. I assume that everyone is going to leave Paris for Philly to deal with.

SirToasty on
  • TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    SirToasty wrote: »
    Did anyone else forget there was OWL today?

Catching up on the live stream:
    Houston and Toronto pull off upsets? I'd be thrilled if not for the fact that Shock is just gonna massacre Toronto. Maybe Houston can go on a run against Vancouver/Atlanta?

damnit I did forget.

steam_sig.png
  • BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    I not only watched OWL, I got to listen to Sideshow's chat troll him with fake fast food company donations.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
    LAG/WAS

We in bizarro OWL now boys!

• mightyjongyomightyjongyo Sour Crrm East Bay, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2020
    APAC summer showdown
    this uhhh sure is a one-sided map. i know there used to be a joke about the Chengdu zone but nowadays they just look bad...

i also dislike comcast's g4m3r internet commercial because good lord does it enforce a common toxic mindset in the name of "competition"

mightyjongyo on
    APAC first round
    We are no longer in bizarro OWL.

• BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    Paris vs Vancouver
    We might be back in bizarro OWL.

• Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    Paris vs Vancouver
    We might be back in bizarro OWL.
    orrrr maybe not. king's row was a bit of a stomp.

Paris DPS are naaasty

• CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    Damn, killing yourself with a hypersphere is shameful.

TOR/ATL
    BACK TO BIZARRO OWL

OK the first map isn't even over yet, but

Shock are going to absolutely flatten Justice

• mightyjongyomightyjongyo Sour Crrm East Bay, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    SFS/WASH
    The first two maps were absolutely stomps but Justice are playing well on Anubis at least.

lmaooo the entire Shock rip

I was wondering why Choi and Smurf just kinda wandered in there aimlessly. Full team DC.

• miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    linkzr dropping avast memes in chat in an OWL match, wonderful

uc3ufTB.png
    I just noticed that the packets in the Dietz Nutz (sigh) ads say: 'Contains no actual nuts'.

So, what the hell are they?

ZD98Zka.png
  • Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    it's a pork product!

Ashcroft wrote: »
    I just noticed that the packets in the Dietz Nutz (sigh) ads say: 'Contains no actual nuts'.

So, what the hell are they?

They're meat nuts!

It's just little bits of cured meat.

steam_sig.png
  • LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    PHL/HOU
    I can't tell if Eqo's blades are just bad or if they're doing it to force Lamp and let Fury Flux for free

Eqo in the neutral is just dominating though

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
    PHL/HOU
    I can't tell if Eqo's blades are just bad or if they're doing it to force Lamp and let Fury Flux for free

Eqo in the neutral is just dominating though
    blading to get out lamp would be a really bad use of ult. in almost every case, fluxing first to get out lamp and then blading would be the better play (or do what Washington did to Shock and use flux and blade at the same time, then dash up into them so that the other team is too far up to get lamp's effects)

I'm on team reinforce. Raisins are great, Soe's list is whack.
    It has mangos at 9, and olives on there at all.

steam_sig.png
    PHIL/HOU
    carpe is just not letting danteh do anything at all, holy crap

r79mdqlh1y851.jpg
    this is the worst tier list I've ever seen

Who eats lemons on their own?

Also olives on a fruit power ranking?????

SirToasty's Fruit Power Rankings

1. Bananas - easy to eat, subtly sweet, overripe can be converted to bread form
    2. Grapes - easy to eat, refreshing, many flavor varieties, can be converted to booze form
    3. Strawberries - tasty, pretty neat looking, seeds on the outside!
    4. Honeydew - probably the tastiest fruit on the list but they don't ripen on their own after being picked so they're hard to get just right
    5. Cantaloupe - more forgiving than honeydew, not quite as tasty, a bit time consuming to prepare
    6. Apples - classic, many varieties for different sweetness/tartness preferences
    7. Oranges - delicious in liquid or solid form, potentially messy if not careful peeling
    8. Lemons - secret weapon in many sweet and savory dishes, not for eating on it's own
    9. Lime - same as lemons but a bit more limited
    10. Mango - unique flavor, not convenient to prep

• LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    edited July 2020
    PHIL/HOU
    carpe is just not letting danteh do anything at all, holy crap

LuvTheMonkey on
    Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
    1 Strawberries
    2 Blueberries
    3 Mangoes
    4 Blackberries
    5 Raspberries
    6 Bananas
    7 Cranberries
    8 Limes
    9 Lemons
    10 Kiwi

steam_sig.png
  • BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    Baidol's Fruit Power Rankings

0: All fruit is bad

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
    SirToasty's Baidol Power Rankings

1. Anyone else
    2. Various animals
    3. Fruit
    4. Baidol

if i had to do a fruit power ranking, it would be based entirely on pie

so basically

1. apple
    2. cherry
    3. whatever else is left

This discussion has been closed.