As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[MTG] Let is Snow

• WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    ZeroCow wrote: »
    milski wrote: »
    There's a leak out in the wild, supposedly by the same person who got Jeskai Narset right.
    Golgari Nissa 2BG

Landfall: Put a loyalty counter on Nissa

+1: Untap a land you control, it becomes a 3/3 elemental with haste and menace until EoT

-5: Put a creature CMC <= # of lands you control from your hand or graveyard onto the battlefield with two +1/+1 counters on it.

4 starting loyalty.

Seems pretty deece. With Fabled Passage in the format, or as long as there's another fetchland, she's a T5 reanimation spell that leaves a PW behind to keep churning out attackers, though she can't cheat out bigger stuff. And for a general golgari aggro plan, she's a decent beater that's really hard to destroy, so playing her T4 as a pseudo-questing beast seems reasonable.

Yeah, that's alright.
    I want some kind of Golgari graveyard deck to be good so bad.

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • BreakfastPMBreakfastPM Registered User regular
    Used my free draft token and drafted what I thought was a pretty terrible UR Spells deck. Ended up going 5-3 though which is way better than I expected (0-3) and better than I was hoping for (3-3)!
    rxrj4ggh3nhl.png

• BoomerAang SquadBoomerAang Squad Registered User regular
    7-1 with this deck. First game went T1 Sanctum, T2 Sanctum. Could feel my opponent's frustration as I drained 2 life a turn.
    8c65t2tq31cj.jpg

• milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    Black sanctum into Brash Taunter seems unbeatable

I ate an engineer
  • PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Brash Taunter should have been a Squee.

• PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    scooze messes a lot of decks up

card is real good

• Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
  • WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    uhhhh

what's in trouble now?

• Lord PalingtonLord Palington he.him.his History-loving pal!Registered User regular
    Maybe Nexus will be shown the door? I've heard some folks pushing for a Tron land ban in pauper, but I don't have much contact with the format, so no idea, really!

SrUxdlb.jpg
  • admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Whippy wrote: »
    uhhhh

what's in trouble now?

u are

Whippy banned from all formats

• admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Pioneer is the easy one as it'll be something out of the Inverter deck.

Modern is trickier. Very likely something in U/G or Bant, so Uro? Or maybe they just whack Astrolabe finally.

Historic could also be Uro, honestly, though Nexus is the "fuck that card" choice.

• UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Field of the Dead?

• Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    Hoping for Little Teferi and Wilderness Rec, but doubtful since it's not listing standard.
    Fearghaill wrote: »
    Field of the Dead?

Free up some space in my sideboard, but my wurm will go hungry.

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    Hoping for Little Teferi and Wilderness Rec, but doubtful since it's not listing standard.
    Field of the Dead?

Both of those are rotating out soon so they might want to just let time do the work there

fuck gendered marketing
  • ZeroCowZeroCow Registered User regular
    Pauper is likely Ephemerate and/or Mystic Sanctuary. I haven't played pauper in awhile, but from my understanding, it's Ephemerate that breaks Tron. Mystic Sanctuary may be on the chopping block as well because it increases the power of the deck quite a bit also.

PSN ID - Buckeye_Bert
    Magic Online - Bertro
    Elldren wrote: »
    Field of the Dead?

Both of those are rotating out soon so they might want to just let time do the work there

They are not rotating out of any of the listed formats.

• ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    Elldren wrote: »
    Field of the Dead?

They are not rotating out of any of the listed formats.

Right but they are rotating out of standard so even if they aren’t being banned in standard it’s not an indication they won’t be banned in other formats

fuck gendered marketing
  • NeveronNeveron HellValleySkyTree SwedenRegistered User regular
    Pauper is likely Ephemerate and/or Mystic Sanctuary. I haven't played pauper in awhile, but from my understanding, it's Ephemerate that breaks Tron. Mystic Sanctuary may be on the chopping block as well because it increases the power of the deck quite a bit also.

Personally I'm hoping that they literally just ban the tron lands themselves.

Neveron wrote: »

Personally I'm hoping that they literally just ban the tron lands themselves.

They don't have to ban all three. Just ban Tower, because it taps for three mana. The other two are fine, because they only tap for two!

• NeveronNeveron HellValleySkyTree SwedenRegistered User regular
    also Tower has the least interesting art variations of the bunch, so it's win-win

• jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    WotC is running another Arena Open on August 1st/2nd, this time the format is Historic. Same deal as last time, anyone can enter day one (which is Bo1), anyone that hits enough wins comes back for day 2 (Bo3) with cash prizes available at the top end.

• VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    US & LA in-store play re-suspended until maybe October at the earliest.

This will encompass the Zendikar Rising prerelease (and launch). On the second Wednesday of every month they'll announce whether the following month will end the restriction.

nedhf8b6a4rj.jpgsig.gif
    AC:NH Chris from Glosta SW-5173-3598-2899 DA-4749-1014-4697 @vyolynce@mastodon.social
  • turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Man idk how paper bounces back from this, if I'm being honest.

There's no way it will be safe to do in person events for AT LEAST the rest of this year, in the US anyway.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    edited July 2020
    i sold all my paper stuff as a result earlier in the apocalypse expecting that outcome minus one commander deck (etali) and 2 pauper decks (affinity and bogles)

and my godzilla foils of which I still have many to go

Daebunz on
    7yh4xczljsym.png
  • ChaosHatChaosHat Hop, hop, hop, HA! Trick of the lightRegistered User regular
    I mean paper will still exist. I know in my area (NOVA) there are lots of informal groups on facebook or meetup for commander or whatever else and those will probably continue to survive for a while.

Whether the local game stores are a part of the picture is another story. I mean, WotC will probably want some space for paper to be played locally at the casually competitive FNM level for exposure and whatnot, but maybe they announce some partnership with Barnes and Noble or some other big box that could probably use a lifeline if there aren't any FLGS around at that point.

Like there's a lot of money to be made in paper and there probably always will be, since there will be kids who want to play at recess or lunch at school, or just throw down around your college campus. If Magic cedes that space I'm sure there are some execs at FFG or something who would salivate at that opportunity.

• SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Paper is bad for the environment so I'm kind of anti it but also digital consumption models are arguably more predatory...

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    oh don't worry the energy footprint of most digital games on a global scale is also bad!

liEt3nH.png
  • DirtmuncherDirtmuncher Registered User regular
    edited July 2020

oh don't worry the energy footprint of most digital games on a global scale is also bad!

Well in relation to cryptocurrency it's a drop in the bucket. In also depends on how the energy is generated.

For me paper magic is purely casual as there isn't any fnm nearby.

Dirtmuncher on
    steam_sig.png
    turtleant wrote: »

There's no way it will be safe to do in person events for AT LEAST the rest of this year, in the US anyway.

too many people are too heavily invested

I mean, theres a coming retail apocalypse that will eat a lot of small gaming stores, but paper magic makes WAY too much money for hasbro to give up

also, brash instigator is such a brutal limited card

good lord

• DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    commander singles have been selling fine at the place i work at but everything else is pretty dead on that front

but mtg is also a small part of our business and now that we're open again, despite limited hours and staff we're pulling like double what we would be daily pre lockdown so at least we're doing ok

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • ElbasunuElbasunu Registered User regular
    Just had a wallop of a quick draft deck. Two lorescales, 3 frantic inventories, a garruk, garruk's might, and a bunch of other synergy. 7-1, what a blast.

g1xfUKU.png?10zfegkyoor3b.png
    Steam ID: Obos Vent: Obos
  • KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    I was just playing around with a jank deck in the free play queue and ran into a deck that was even more ridiculous than mine. You have to let them have it when their deck is built to

Step 1: Enchant your opponent's creature with One with the Stars, turning it into an enchantment
    Step 2: Play Nine Lives, maybe even absorb some damage with it if you're feeling freaky
    Step 3: Cast Role Reversal, exchanging the Nine Lives for your opponent's enchantment-creature
    Step 4: Cast and activate Shadowspear, allowing you to target your opponent's Nine Lives
    Step 5: Cast Stern Dismissal targeting the Nine Lives, causing your opponent to lose the game

• KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Living the dream

2x39jD4.jpg
  • SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    I have achieved 2(!) Shrine Tribal wins so far and it's been great fun every time. I have more wins with that deck but that's down to Crystalline Giant.

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »

I mean, theres a coming retail apocalypse that will eat a lot of small gaming stores, but paper magic makes WAY too much money for hasbro to give up

yeah something to remember is that a HUGE portion of mtg sales are just kids getting boosters or getting their parents to buy boosters from stores like walmart

liEt3nH.png
  • ChaosHatChaosHat Hop, hop, hop, HA! Trick of the lightRegistered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »

yeah something to remember is that a HUGE portion of mtg sales are just kids getting boosters or getting their parents to buy boosters from stores like walmart

Or however many boxes wizards has sold directly on Amazon because flgs can't compete with $100 or less.

• BreakfastPMBreakfastPM Registered User regular
    Any thoughts on this deck I'm putting together? The "combo" is Fall of the Thran + graveyard exile + artifact mana to break the symmetry.
    sbgpu410pcfy.png

Remorseful Cleric for extra exile chances.

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    A win condition that isn't "Ugin +2 a bunch" or 1/1 Human token beats? Like some sort of Karn maybe?

nedhf8b6a4rj.jpgsig.gif
    AC:NH Chris from Glosta SW-5173-3598-2899 DA-4749-1014-4697 @vyolynce@mastodon.social
This discussion has been closed.