As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Apex Legends]: Breakout is here! 5 years of ApeLegs!

• stopgapstopgap Registered User regular
    Stupid question, last time I had a mike, we were using teamspeak, how can I find the pa discord?

steam_sig.png
  • Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    I like supporting these silly limited time events, so I bought one of the wacky packs.
    I got a legendary and two Epics!
    Granted the Legendary was a frame for Wattson (boo), the event related cosmetic was a.... weapon charm, about the least interesting item possible.

Welp, serves me right, I suppose.

• SatsumomoSatsumomo Rated PG! Registered User regular
    Here's the Discord: https://discord.gg/ESWh4uK

• OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2020
    But the thing is in the Armed and Dangerous game mode there's even less reason to leave than normal even if you actually get killed - with the mobile respawn beacons your teammates can literally respawn you on your deathbox instead of having to run a long distance

Not hotdropping isn't even as bad as it was in the other shield event because as long as you're careful with positioning and have a bit of luck you can easily get in on a fight where people are sniping and get free evo shield damage or better yet, third party and loot evo shields other people were kind enough to leave you cause of the propensity to swap armors due to the limited amount of shielding in Armed and Dangerous

Orphane on
  • ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    Orphane wrote: »
    But the thing is in the Armed and Dangerous game mode there's even less reason to leave than normal even if you actually get killed - with the mobile respawn beacons your teammates can literally respawn you on your deathbox instead of having to run a long distance

Not hotdropping isn't even as bad as it was in the other shield event because as long as you're careful with positioning and have a bit of luck you can easily get in on a fight where people are sniping and get free evo shield damage or better yet, third party and loot evo shields other people were kind enough to leave you cause of the propensity to swap armors due to the limited amount of shielding in Armed and Dangerous

I started this week with a 0/5 respawns challenge.

I have played roughly 30-40 matches of this mode

I have 4/5 respawns so far.

Most matches have someone leaving while I'm 10 ft from the banner after sprinting to it under fire for 20-30 seconds. Those people who quit while watching you do that are turbo assholes.

ronzo wrote: »

Most matches have someone leaving while I'm 10 ft from the banner after sprinting to it under fire for 20-30 seconds. Those people who quit while watching you do that are turbo assholes.

i mean those people are stupid, or have internalized shitty habits

like yea sure if your teammates look like they are in no way interested in picking up your banner and they aren't physically capable of reaching your box before you time out then sure, i'd leave, but people who leave immediately ought to just be banished to solo or something

maybe apex should institute a queue lock based on how much time you had remaining on your banner when you left or something lol

I only just learned that the blue containers give out the extra items if opened by Lifeline, and not randomly as I thought they were.

Are there any other little secrets like this? Or maybe it's listed in her passive and I never read it :P

• ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2020
    I had a game where two of us were down and boxed, the third player (who had the highest kills on the loading screen when showing us all off) was on a zipline, clear and free of the fight, and then just disconnected instead of carrying on.

Like, I get it, yeah, it would have probably been an uphill fight. But if they'd brought us back and we even top 5'd I would have called that a major victory.

Sighed and just went to Ranked. I have no dreams of getting most of the event badges, so fuck it, at least here the quitters might have to think twice about their precious RP. Especially in a mode where I don't, as I got to Gold 4 and have no desire to climb higher.

It's really just a matter of patience, but Gold 4 really isn't very hard to pull off, imo. Plat 4, however, must be an absolutely gigantic pain in the ass at my skill/experience level.

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
    So, I dropped from Gold 4 to Bronze 2.

It’s a much bigger jump than someone mentioned earlier. :-P

I just had a match where my internet went out exactly as I got downed. They probably think I disconnected on purpose :(

i mean those people are stupid, or have internalized shitty habits

like yea sure if your teammates look like they are in no way interested in picking up your banner and they aren't physically capable of reaching your box before you time out then sure, i'd leave, but people who leave immediately ought to just be banished to solo or something

maybe apex should institute a queue lock based on how much time you had remaining on your banner when you left or something lol

Those people seem to infest every game. It’s like in R6 Siege, your 4 teammates die, you’re 1v5, and they start the vote kick because they only give a shit about their experience, not the overall game. Even if it’s a team game.

I think the best combo for A&D is Lifeline, Wattson, and Crypto.

Lifeline and Wattson for the necessary health and shield recharges

Crypto because it’s actually rather hard to blow up the drone (on console at least) with snipers or shotties, but also because he now completely fucks the enemy Wattson setup every other team is running with the EMP.

• CampyCampy Registered User regular
    I think the best combo for A&D is Lifeline, Wattson, and Crypto.

Lifeline and Wattson for the necessary health and shield recharges

Crypto because it’s actually rather hard to blow up the drone (on console at least) with snipers or shotties, but also because he now completely fucks the enemy Wattson setup every other team is running with the EMP.

Yeah, Wattson is basically mandatory due to the lack of shield recharges.

Why do people hate Skill-based matchmaking? Is it just high level players that want to dunk on newbs?

• OmnomnomPancakeOmnomnomPancake Registered User regular
    Yes.

• stopgapstopgap Registered User regular
    I talked with a high level diamond who finds it frustrating because it doesn't adjust for when time is taken off, so if you don't keep playing you can fall behind.

steam_sig.png
    edited July 2020
    Well yeah that's kinda the point, if you want to have a shiny badge, you have to keep it up. I've also read complaints such as "Well I can't play with my lower level friends because then they have to play against people in my rank", so they're suggesting that they should be the high ranked player dunking on people for the sake of their lower leveled friend.

For the record, I've been playing with Custom & Walrus, and their level is much higher than mine, but it's really helped me improve my game.

Satsumomo on
    edited July 2020
    I play on console, and am not bad, so I frequently get matched with Diamonds in Quick Play. It honestly raises my game to play with my betters, and I enjoy it.

The argument could be made that they'd like to unwind, and play Apex without the need to be 'on' in an intense Predator match, and still be really good and have an enjoyable time. But like, your pleasure is taking out 57 other people with a lot less effort than usual, so it's just cathartic massacres.

Sure, it's a Battle Royale, so randomness takes the wheel, but I don't want one of the factors being a death squad of goons jumping into my lowbie game to catch their 20-kill badge.

OmnomnomPancake on
    I mean, I think I'm probably around high gold if I actually played enough rank, but it would be nice if every other game wasn't me dying instantly on the drop to someone with 4040 kills and 406 Wins on Loba already. its been 60 days since her release, that's ~68 kills/day and 6-7 wins a day.

I don't mind playing against better people, I just want to have a fighting chance and not get curbstomped who doesn't miss a single R-99 shot, even on console

Tougher still is the ease in creating new smurf accounts (console), or that a lot of people have literally had the past two months to do NOTHING but play Apex. I actually think, yeah, the past few months probably led to a greater skill jump. Anyone playing casually is now in a whole 'nother world versus millions with no jobs/school and quarantine measures. What the fuck else are people to do right now?

• cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    I always appreciate an enemy who'll play chicken against a Kraber.

I certainly appreciate how much easier it's been for me to ease into this game, compared to PUBG.

• KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    Haven't been on at all for the new event outside of a couple matches last week.

Jumped on cuz I finally have some free time and two-manned a win with a random after our third dropped immediately after charging into an enemy team and getting dropped hard.

Just recently unlocked revenant and I'm enjoying his kit. Dropping silences on the last couple teams and having the totem to fall back on after an aggressive push is pretty slick.

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
    Khraul wrote: »
    Haven't been on at all for the new event outside of a couple matches last week.

Jumped on cuz I finally have some free time and two-manned a win with a random after our third dropped immediately after charging into an enemy team and getting dropped hard.

Just recently unlocked revenant and I'm enjoying his kit. Dropping silences on the last couple teams and having the totem to fall back on after an aggressive push is pretty slick.

New totem with the infinite range is bloody sexy. And inversely it's horrible having a team push the shit out of you because they've got totem protection.

Oh I had forgotten to post this clip from the other day we played together!

https://youtu.be/vhKmm_gCIiU

Quit out of a match where two of us went down on drop and our third was afk, and I didn't want to just sit around waiting for the enemy to find and kill them. That got me a ten-minute lockout from all matchmaking. I think it takes more than one match of abandoning for that to happen, but I think the only other time I quit in the last several matches was one where the one surviving teammate had gotten wedge into some geometry during the drop and couldn't hit the ground, and I didn't want to just wait for them to die either.
    I understand the point of such a system, but it's frustrating to get dinged by it when I didn't actually do the thing it was trying to prevent.

• Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    Satsumomo wrote: »
    Oh I had forgotten to post this clip from the other day we played together!

https://youtu.be/vhKmm_gCIiU

LOL I'M SO GLAD YOU RECORDED THIS!

I did some serious solo stealth dodging teams to make it that far, it was pretty hilarious.

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
    I unlocked Octane today, and I managed to pull this off a few matches later.

https://youtu.be/K-VN4tZTteY

I think I ruined their plan somewhat.

• TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    I feel like I'm starting to actually get good with the Hemlock. I typically like burst fire ARs anyway, and it seems to be a pretty common drop. I'd even go so far as to say it's my best weapon. Which feels weird to say, because on the surface it doesn't seem very good? Certainly it doesn't have the raw damage of an SR or shotgun or something. I do need to get better at using the single shot though. Most of the time, even at long range, I still do the burst fire, just because it doesn't occur to me to switch.

I'm terrible with the Sentinel though. I've had a quest for over a month to get 10 knocks with it, and I've only gotten like 5. Admittedly, I don't pick it up very often and I'll often trade it for a Longbow, but still.

edited July 2020
    the Hemlok can actually drop people really damn fast. it does 22 damage per hit and 44 on headshots meaning if you can land all headshots anyone who isn't wearing purple or better helmet and armor will go down in 2 bursts

now obviously you won't always get triple headshot bursts but if you can consistently do 2 body 1 headshot or 1 body 2 headshot that's still 88 or 110 raw dmg per burst before helmet/fortified mitigation which is going to outtrade a good chunk of weapons mid-close

personally i prefer to use it in exclusively single fire as a mid-long range gun because you can actually fire really damn fast single fire so it's good for what i do in my friend squad, i just can't control the burst recoil well enough but it's definitely versatile enough to perform at all ranges

Orphane on
    I usually go burst fire unless I'm firing at long range. That burst makes for a reliable cone of fire with pretty good alpha, and trying to spam the trigger for max RoF with single fire takes my attention just slightly away from my aiming and movement.
    I'm pretty sure the R-301 and Flatline have better DPS, but the Hemlock has always felt more reliable to me. I wonder if that's just the burst fire forcing me to pace my shots, and if I fired in bursts with the other ARs they'd have a similar effect, or if there's just something about the handling characteristics of the Hemlock that makes it that way. Like, for example, its hipfire seems super accurate to me, but maybe that's just because it's forced to fire slowly and let the bloom recede.

• PeenPeen Registered User regular
    Hemlock is my favorite mid-long range gun; I'm trash with snipers and it's hard holding a stream on people at longer ranges with an lmg or other assault rifle, I can reliably get knocks at pretty long ranges, the 3X hcog is pretty much glued to the gun when I have it.

Peen wrote: »
    Hemlock is my favorite mid-long range gun; I'm trash with snipers and it's hard holding a stream on people at longer ranges with an lmg or other assault rifle, I can reliably get knocks at pretty long ranges, the 3X hcog is pretty much glued to the gun when I have it.

people who don't respect the single shot hemlok are my favorites

"sure, you hit me for 70 with your sentinel but i just shot you 8 times and dropped you in the time it took you to line up another shot"

• Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    Welp, Loba's bracelet not working on World's Edge fucked me over in two top 5 matches tonight. Real fucking silly and annoyed that it just being nearly completely useless on one of the two maps in the game made it in.

• squall99xsquall99x Registered User regular
    Welp, Loba's bracelet not working on World's Edge fucked me over in two top 5 matches tonight. Real fucking silly and annoyed that it just being nearly completely useless on one of the two maps in the game made it in.

There was a big twitter feed from one of the Devs talking about the whole situation and patching and the such. He said they considered disabling her until they could get it fixed but opted not to since she was fine on Kings Canyon and still wanted to give people the choice of playing her.

Whole Twitter thread here -

oHqYBTXm.jpg
    It's nice that they're discussing it publicly, but there's nothing in the game to indicate to players that this is an issue when picking Loba on that map. Bleugh.

Update is live though it seems that the Loba fix didn't really fix things, at least that's what some people on Reddit are saying.

I had a bracelet toss fail onto a regular part of the map (no cliffs anywhere nearby), so anecdotally it does seem there's still some weirdness about.

Yup, played her a bit today and tried to cross a cliff three times, throwing it in different parts at the other side and they all failed.

• Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    Satsumomo wrote: »
    Yup, played her a bit today and tried to cross a cliff three times, throwing it in different parts at the other side and they all failed.

Speaking of crossing things...yesterday Walrus and I did another Capacitor jump over the wall, and we got invisi-walled WAY outside it and ended up landed in the middle of nowhere due to it. Yay, programming!

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636